Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest IamReady

A NooB question here. I am a long time blazingwolf ROM user here and thinking about cooking up some of my own stuff. Any suggestions for a tutorial on how to use the kitchen? I know Adryn had put one out over @ ppcgeeks. Is that one still valid???

Guest Mastergreeny
Yeah, it's just a redirect in the registry in the HKLM/controlpanel I believe. If you search around and you can find it.

I found this area in Registry but not sure what I need to change.

Guest WoZZeR999
I found this area in Registry but not sure what I need to change.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=3

In terms of how to make a rom/edit it and stuff, it's basically the same. You work with OEM's (this one also allows for EXT packages), but you don't get a window that allows you to check off different stuff. I've tried to automate the process as much as possible, and make it look as close as possible to the old kitchen.

Edited by WoZZeR999

@WoZZeR, I was talking about how fast the ROM is...

Flasher beware: 'Owner Informaiton' is no where to be found on the rom.

I'm not much of a kitchen fiddler, but I think I figured out a fix through ripping my information from the registry using another rom.

(Owner "folder" can be found in HKCU > Control Panel, right click and export if you're using CeReg)

This could be valuable when it comes to installing useful applications.

EDIT:

Oops, this issue was posted on this very page. Sorry for the "repost".

Edited by thatsjt

Guest blazingwolf
A NooB question here. I am a long time blazingwolf ROM user here and thinking about cooking up some of my own stuff. Any suggestions for a tutorial on how to use the kitchen? I know Adryn had put one out over @ ppcgeeks. Is that one still valid???

No, his instructions will not work with this. This is pretty simple though. WoZZer set things up very nicely.

Guest WoZZeR999

Oh, for this kitchen, you don't need .vm and .rom. I've also been using the Metadata from the HTC packages since they have very little in them specific to HTC. You may only want to use your own metadata if you can't figure out how to set DefaultIM (not that hard to do).

Wozzer,

Good to see you back man. I just would like to make a point that its hard to cook and look at tennis at the same time :) Kitchen is set up really nice! Thanks!

Guest blazingwolf

@WoZZer,

The 23049 you posted has several missing folders. Doesn't matter if you remove them but if you want the item to work it will make a difference. I know you posted a caveat but I think the others that don't really understand the kitchen yet should know.

Guest WoZZeR999
@WoZZer,

The 23049 you posted has several missing folders. Doesn't matter if you remove them but if you want the item to work it will make a difference. I know you posted a caveat but I think the others that don't really understand the kitchen yet should know.

It was actually a quick port of JooJoo's. I know he takes office stuff out too, I just forgot put it in. I'll have a better (more complete) 23049 out later.

Guest WoZZeR999

I don't see why it wouldn't. after running buildrom, it should ask which sys you want to build. You have to put in 23047 (or whatever build you want), not just hit enter.

Sorry I extracted the kitchen

then the sys and xip into base kitchen

then I copied over my OEM's

I clicked buildrom

Picked 23047

then I get an error that (can not find)

.dll

.exe and down the line

then it closes

Edited by airreak

Guest Rob Storm

WoZZeR, where can I find instructions on how to cook with your Kitchen? I have never cooked before.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: I followed your previous instructions on last page but have no idea what or where I can get "OEM" packages... hehe

Figured it's time for me to learn to cook.

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest level140
WoZZeR, where can I find instructions on how to cook with your Kitchen? I have never cooked before.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: I followed your previous instructions on last page but have no idea what or where I can get "OEM" packages... hehe

Figured it's time for me to learn to cook.

the cooks over @ omniarom.com are probably willing to help out. There are some great tut's there too.

Guest WoZZeR999

I'm really just providing the kitchen. IF you don't know how to cook, then there's lots tutorials out there.

@Airreak: Can you remember anything else about the error? If it was 'Could Not Find C:\Base_Kitchen\Base Kitchen\flashromprb.bin', that's fine since it doesn't exist.

Guest Rob Storm
the cooks over @ omniarom.com are probably willing to help out. There are some great tut's there too.

Thanks. I have now tried to register there 7 times today and I keep getting "An Error has Occured"

I've the same problem as Airreak.....

How I can get flashromprb.bin?? If I use the first post one it gives me the same problem: it doesn't gives attibutes to files!

Please HELP ME!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE and THANK U 4 SHARING!!!

This new kitchen seem very good, it seems clear and u can update SYS and XIP without corrupt ur OEM!

If u know where to find a complet TUT about platformbuilder i can use to learn all what i need please link me!

I usually cook with Sztupy's kitchen (SYOK) and with a derivated SYOK kitchen for italian ROMs!

P.S. in your kitchen cmd i have to modify lang values from 0409 to 0410 when i cook an italian ROM??

P.S.2 I cook 4 i900 not i910!

Edited by smaury

Guest Kryptonickid
Thanks. I have now tried to register there 7 times today and I keep getting "An Error has Occured"

This is an ongoing problem that so many people have had, yet we can't figure out why it's happening. Wish there was a way to get it fixed. If you want to pm your email address I'll send it to the site admin to see if he can help you out (I don't have his email address with me, or I'd give it to you).

Guest WoZZeR999
I've the same problem as Airreak.....

How I can get flashromprb.bin?? If I use the first post one it gives me the same problem: it doesn't gives attibutes to files!

Please HELP ME!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE and THANK U 4 SHARING!!!

This new kitchen seem very good, it seems clear and u can update SYS and XIP without corrupt ur OEM!

If u know where to find a complet TUT about platformbuilder i can use to learn all what i need please link me!

I usually cook with Sztupy's kitchen (SYOK) and with a derivated SYOK kitchen for italian ROMs!

P.S. in your kitchen cmd i have to modify lang values from 0409 to 0410 when i cook an italian ROM??

P.S.2 I cook 4 i900 not i910!

You don't need flashromprb.bin, that's the OS.NB (we have different flashing tools), it's just trying to delete it first.

It should also give attributes to files (it's in the Buildrom.bat)

As far as I know there is no complete tutorial for platform rebuilder, that's why I had a lot of problem creating the kitchen.

If you want to to do 0410, it's in buildrom, it's the locale value.

For everyone having problems, open shell and type 'Attrib -s -h -r -a *.* /S /D' (no quotes) and see if it works after that.

Updated kitchen will come out tonight probably.

You don't need flashromprb.bin, that's the OS.NB (we have different flashing tools), it's just trying to delete it first.

It should also give attributes to files (it's in the Buildrom.bat)

As far as I know there is no complete tutorial for platform rebuilder, that's why I had a lot of problem creating the kitchen.

If you want to to do 0410, it's in buildrom, it's the locale value.

For everyone having problems, open shell and type 'Attrib -s -h -r -a *.* /S /D' (no quotes) and see if it works after that.

Updated kitchen will come out tonight probably.

Also with that command i've problems!

Lika befoar it creates temp folder with 2 subfolders (\dump, \xip), imgfs.new and imgfs.txt

My Buildlog.txt is empty O_o....

If u have no tips for me i'll wait the next release and i'll try later....