Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest TheDrizzle

I've been playing a bit more this weekend.... not sure if this was reported or not, but if you try to use the video function of the camera it breaks the camera completely. When you flash at first camera works fine for pics. If you try and switch to video (at least was my experience), the camera immediately closes. If I tried to re-open it , I got the error "Camera application terminates due to absence of camera module". I did some registry investigating and found if you go into /HKCU/Software/samsung/Camera/PreviousMode and change from "0" to "1" the camera will work again for taking pictures. Not sure what it will take to fix the video function. Just wanted to share my find with the group!

Edited by TheDrizzle

Guest TheDrizzle
Google maps also doesn't work

Just re-install Gmaps from cab and it will work fine. It looks like only a shortcut was cooked into the "Start" menu but the app was not in /Program Files/. (At least not that I could see).

Edited by TheDrizzle

I've finally, after many tries, successfully cooked & flashed several roms using Wozzer's kitchen (Yay). I'm currently using the 23060 build. Question: how do I add in the XDA-UC? Does anyone have an OEM for it or know where I can find it? Thanks.

dmcnado,

I too am an aspiring cook... I have played with Wozzer's kitchen and actually been able to cook a ROM - however, it is always very large (127MB) so I am sure I am cooking in way too much. I think my problem is I don't fully understand what and how the OEM folder(s) work.

If I can ask, would it be possible for you to PM me your copy of initflashes.dat? That way I can compare what you are including vs. what I am including and see where I am going wrong.

And if I were so bold to ask, it would be nice to see a copy of your folder structure (i.e. DIR /S /O-N > output.txt). If that is too much I understand, I think I just need to see what someone else is including who is successfully using the kitchen.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

/Chimp (Tom)

Edited by Chimp

Use registry editor of your choice:

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/MotionSensor/AutoOrientation

Value:Change from 1 to 0

There are lots of registry goodies under ControlPanel... just know what you are doing first.

is there a way to do rotation manually?

thanks

Assign a button to rotate screen. Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons.

BW,

I used Main Menu hold - works great - only problem is screen is messed up on landscape was there a fix for that?

also I only have 4 button selections - Main menu; Main menu hold; Input Selection and Camera hold - should there be a "Camera" button and other ones (two - phone and end key) in front next to dpad?

Thanks in advance.

Guest dmcnado
dmcnado,

I too am an aspiring cook... I have played with Wozzer's kitchen and actually been able to cook a ROM - however, it is always very large (127MB) so I am sure I am cooking in way too much. I think my problem is I don't fully understand what and how the OEM folder(s) work.

If I can ask, would it be possible for you to PM me your copy of initflashes.dat? That way I can compare what you are including vs. what I am including and see where I am going wrong.

And if I were so bold to ask, it would be nice to see a copy of your folder structure (i.e. DIR /S /O-N > output.txt). If that is too much I understand, I think I just need to see what someone else is including who is successfully using the kitchen.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

/Chimp (Tom)

Sent you a PM.

Edited by dmcnado

Guest dmcnado

I am cooking with build 23060 and the new kitchen. Most things are going well. I would like to REMOVE both Internet Explorer and Opera. Which files should I remove? It is not obvious to me which ones or even where to look (other than the obvious OEM folders). Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Got the answer... IE in SYS/BROWSING, Opera buried in OEM

Edited by dmcnado

Guest u441105

Is anyone using the MegAmnia ROM having trouble with the default WM calendar? Everything works but when setting up an appointment I cant seem to change the date it starts or ends at. Usually clicking on the start date or end date would open up a mini calendar where I can choose a date but now nothing happens. Anyone else notice this?

Guest cmalone
Is anyone using the MegAmnia ROM having trouble with the default WM calendar? Everything works but when setting up an appointment I cant seem to change the date it starts or ends at. Usually clicking on the start date or end date would open up a mini calendar where I can choose a date but now nothing happens. Anyone else notice this?

nope. works for me.

Guest WoZZeR999

Well, I'm back from my trip to vegas, and now I'm poor... lol. I've got 23064 uploading for SYS/XIP in my kitchen right now. I'll build it later (around 6PM EST), and if it works fine, I'll release a new UL rom.

Guest punksux

Something weird happened today. I added the 23064 SYS and XIP from today and edited a few files in my OEM folder. Then, when I hit BuildROM I get a Windows error "platformrebuilder.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". It doesn't build anything and the build log is empty. If I then try to build an older version, I get the same error. I didnt change anything else that would make it not work. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Thanks

Guest dmcnado

I am trying to cook 23064 (I successfully cooked 23060), but I keep getting the following error msg: Could not find c:\Data\kitchen-WOZZ\Base_Kitchenv1.02\*.new* (see screenie attached). I am getting this error BEFORE I do anything (no tweaks nor deleting). What step am I missing?? Thanks in advance.

post-514341-1255039537_thumb.jpg

Guest dmcnado
I am trying to cook 23064 (I successfully cooked 23060), but I keep getting the following error msg: Could not find c:\Data\kitchen-WOZZ\Base_Kitchenv1.02\*.new* (see screenie attached). I am getting this error BEFORE I do anything (no tweaks nor deleting). What step am I missing?? Thanks in advance.

It seems like lots of people are having problems with 23064. I'll get back to you when I figure it out. 23064 built fine for me.

I just figured it out, I think, cuz it built ok this time. I was missing the file: romhdr.bin (so I copied it from 23060 and it worked)

I did notice what people on XDA were commenting on... some of the buttons are now old 6.1 style.

Regarding your other comment: Open shell and run 'attrib *.* -A -S -R -H /S /D' what does that do? Does that clear the attributes?

Thanks, Wozzer!

Edited by dmcnado

I thought I saw something that Adrynlyne had a very minimal INIFLASHES.DAT file out there - one that installed only a minimal amount of stuff for a ROM.

Anyone know where I can get that? Thx.

/Chimp

Guest WoZZeR999

Initflashfiles doesn't install anything, it only copies files to other directories. You'll want to go through and manually edit it based on what you remove from OEMApps.