Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest dmcnado
I thought I saw something that Adrynlyne had a very minimal INIFLASHES.DAT file out there - one that installed only a minimal amount of stuff for a ROM.

Anyone know where I can get that? Thx.

/Chimp

@Chimp

I emailed you the iniflashes.dat file today to your hotmail acct. Hope you got it, if not, let me know & I'll resend. When you open up the file (you can open in Notepad), it will look long and confusing. Actually, it's not that bad. You'll see many, many lines that have been disabled by the placement of a ; (semicolon) at the beginning of the line. Those lines beginning w/ the ; are not making an impact on anything. If you wanted to, you can delete a lot of those and clean up the file. I don't remember for sure, but I can check tomorrow on my work computer (which houses my kitchen), but I think the file I sent you is the Adrynalyne file since I originally started cooking in his kitchen.

Guest punksux
What was the ramdom package? I have the exact same problem.

I was messing around with making an EXT package and accidentally left it in my OEM folder. Look for a folder that has "Package" in its name. Also check for duplicate programs in different folders. I had that problem before also.

Hope that helps

Guest TheDrizzle
I flash this new rom and the camera doesnt work. Does anyone know if there is a fix?

Thanks

Do you get an error when it starts or does the button do nothing when you try to take the picture?

Guest TheDrizzle
Camera works, zoom doesn't. You can press the d-pad to take pictures.

If you switch to another SIP, everything works normally. I also noticed (at least in MegAmnia) if you try to use the video mode it breaks the camera entirely and you have to change a reg entry to get it back (see my post a few page back).

Guest TheDrizzle
hmmm, thought I fixed that. All the video stuff should be back in.

I'm running MegAmnia. I just did some testing, and if I try to use the video mode it just hangs. If you exit the camera without switching back to "camera" mode, you get the error in the attached screen shot when you try to relaunch the camera. As long as you switch back to "camera" mode before closing the camera it seems to work ok.

post-260096-1255110600_thumb.png

Guest waremike32

Hey Wozzer,

I was wondering if you could shed some light on converting OEM packages to EXT. I've been using TotalFire, but haven't had any luck yet. In my buildlog it processes the "files" and doesn't give any warnings/errors, but the apps aren't in the rom. Is there a folder structure I'm missing (like w/ the rom/sys folders)?

Also, I'm attaching another update to the recmodsys.cmd. I have 0 modules in slot 0 with this, without removing anything from the SYS. Now, I'll start working backwards and see if there is anything I'm recmoding that doesn't need to be (I already took your advice and removed any mui/resource modules I could find in there).

Thanks!!!

PS - No issues w/ 23064 on my end...and I like the new softkey bar colors for the themes that MS added.

New_Recmod_SYS_V3.rar

Guest WoZZeR999

yeah, new 23064 colors are nice.

You might be missing app.dat, which is basically initflashfiles.txt. app.dat goes in the root EXT app folder. Also make sure you have the correct EXT structure

/EXT/Goupname/Appname

Guest Rob Storm
I was messing around with making an EXT package and accidentally left it in my OEM folder. Look for a folder that has "Package" in its name. Also check for duplicate programs in different folders. I had that problem before also.

Hope that helps

I found my issue. Once I removed the OEM for Showcase, all is fine.

Guest techmaster7545

trying 23064 and buildrom.exe says cant not open source uncompress file then buildrom.exe crashes didnt do nothing diffrent from last build and now none will build any toughts

Guest WoZZeR999

Did you run clear file attributes? (From now on, if you have a problem with 23064 and DO NOT state that you ran clear file attributes, I will ignore you.)

Guest lxrules
I'm running MegAmnia. I just did some testing, and if I try to use the video mode it just hangs. If you exit the camera without switching back to "camera" mode, you get the error in the attached screen shot when you try to relaunch the camera. As long as you switch back to "camera" mode before closing the camera it seems to work ok.

Same here.

Guest techmaster7545
Did you run clear file attributes? (From now on, if you have a problem with 23064 and DO NOT state that you ran clear file attributes, I will ignore you.)

sorry bro yes i did run it i unzip and did a new kitchen and still same thing

Wozzer found the issue so scratch that question

Edited by techmaster7545

Im using the 23064 build (not MegAmnia) and the video camera is crashing on my phone as well. Normal camera works fine but when I switch to recording it crashes. Then, if I try to open the camera again the phone hangs on the "loading" screen and I have to soft reset. Still no solution?

(Other than that though, this is one amazing ROM)