Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

How do I get the Montion Sensor settings applet back. I found the registry key to re-enable etiquette mode, but I would like to change the screen rotation animation.

Guest ATSsupport
How do I get the Montion Sensor settings applet back. I found the registry key to re-enable etiquette mode, but I would like to change the screen rotation animation.

Copy this file over to your windows directory on your omnia and it should work.

MotionSensor.exe

Edited by ATSsupport

Copy this file over to your windows directory on your omnia and it should work.

Thanks. Copied the file and it does work. I'd like it to show up in Settings, is there a way to do that? Also the ROM is missing any of the other screen rotation animations, is there a way to add those?

Guest ATSsupport
Thanks. Copied the file and it does work. I'd like it to show up in Settings, is there a way to do that? Also the ROM is missing any of the other screen rotation animations, is there a way to add those?

I know that WoZZer removed those files becuase he wanted to trim the fat from his rom, to be able to put the option back into settings you need to edit an Registry entry.

The location is HKLM\ControlPanel\MotionSensor\, in here I usually just rename the Redirect to RedirectOLD, after that just do a soft reset and it should be there(make sure you have already pasted the motionsensor.exe into the windows folder). If I knew which files are needed for the different rotations I'd post then but nfortunately I don't have any idea which ones they are.

Edited by ATSsupport

Guest ATSsupport

Thanks Wozzer, not sure if you saw my post a couple pages back or not, but any idea why IE and the cooked Opera don't work in MegAmnia??

@mdkpnj I had blackmeto upload the file that WoZZer says holds the animation, just copy it into the windows folder and do a soft rest the animations should now work.

Get the file here

Guest WoZZeR999

23089 was released, but there were only 5 dll changes (none of them that important).

So no, I'm not dead, the WM release scene is just slow right now. I had heard a rumor about 23091, and 21609 was released (HTC's version of a com3/5 build). Nothing worth releasing has come out.

Guest JohnJayJrV
All of the animations are from animationlib.dll.

copied this file and motionsensor.exe to windows folder and I only get the system default animation....

jv

Guest Mr.Hammer
Is anyone getting lockups from 28002? I've changed noting except the SYS and XIP and now i'm getting some sleep o' deaths.

Yes this happens for me as well constantly. It just shuts of and there is no way to wake the phone again (I removed the battery - but of course the "reset" button might also work).

Guest Freddie_Miles
Yes this happens for me as well constantly. It just shuts of and there is no way to wake the phone again (I removed the battery - but of course the "reset" button might also work).

I ws getting lots of lock-ups on the first day of using 28002... I went ahead and replaced the metadata folder with the one that originally came with CF03 and no more lock-ups. Hope this helps

I have lockups on other roms too...it happens for me when my Omnia is connected using ActiveSync mode on USB cable to PC running Windows 7 64bit. It does not happen when connected to Windows XP 32bit PC.

Guest Freddie_Miles
So using a stable metadata might be a fix? I have not had 28002 freeze on me yet, but it's still early.

Yes, well, at least for me it did. I also noticed using the stable metadata fixed the problem I was having when installing some cabs, it would break my camera button.

Woz - am I correct that your MegaOmnia doesn't have OBEX FTP support? I'm having a hard time tracking down reliable information about whether it's supported or not and/or how to enable or install it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks all.