[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest lioryte

thanks Lioryte, I'm really diggin your base roms - great job

3 new builds released by wozzers

when it rains it pours

LOL Yes it's so true.

I've excluded COM3 (23091) for now

@ airrang starting now, all of my ROMs will have the keyboard/Recognizers cooked into them, Until Microsoft will issue an English Dedicated Keyboard.

Edited by lioryte

Guest rubadub234

looks great so far, very fast indeed

is there a way to unlock the start menu icons? they are listed as read only and i cant paste over them with my own. Usually I just cut and paste in the windows folder, soft reset, done

heres a copy of my icons if your interested, mostly iReflect

New_Start_Icons.rar

Guest lioryte
looks great so far, very fast indeed

is there a way to unlock the start menu icons? they are listed as read only and i cant paste over them with my own. Usually I just cut and paste in the windows folder, soft reset, done

heres a copy of my icons if your interested, mostly iReflect

New_Start_Icons.rar

Sorry about the read only, I'll change it in the next release.

Guest lioryte
28005 is definitely faster and the touch screen seems to be more responsive. So far so good.

Another great ROM by Lioryte!

Great, thanks for the feedback!

Have you though about adding XDA_UC to you ROM. That would definitely make swapping to new SYS / XIP builds a lot less painless. Just a thought.

I use Sashimi and don't have a storage card so xda_UC is out of the question. Sashimi and xda_UC are very similar since in the early stages of xda_UC development Bengalih was helping Noonski develop xda_UC. That's why on my first post under issues Sashimi is mentioned and there is a modified Sashimi 8 .cab. I would strongly encourage everyone to spend the time to learn how to work Sashimi it is time well spent.

Sashimi website

Guest imprezza86
I hope that everyone had a great Thanxgiving

First post updated with 23511 and 28005.

Release Notes:

NEW IN ROM

* For all ROM's Going Forward the new Microsoft keyboard, block and letter recognizers are in, skinned black.

* Hence IMSelector is back in until further notice

* New WallPaper for both releases.

* Still no WMP with lock screen

* Still no OK in phone settings, map your OK key to another key.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated for any revelations on any of the builds

* Build Nov 23

* Fast. Very Fast

* 63-65% at boot Vs. 58%-60% normally

* Scrolling best to date IMHO

* May freeze while on lockscreen (Thanks jonnyboy)

* I am yet to check it out, was stable for 1 hour ^_~

* Seems faster than 23509

That's all the info I have right now... Please feedback anything will help even "No issues" is a feedback

Lioryte, so far 28005 seems pretty solid. I was wondering if you could create a flat black / flat button version of your theme? I'm kind of big fan of that look.

thanks for all your hard work.

first impression, 28004 is stable and fully-functional [camera, sound, SMS/MMS send/receive, etc], the tap/swipe response seems less sensitive than 23506, maybe paging pool-related but program memory idles with less free [high 30s vs. 23506@high 40s]. i run mine lean mostly running OEM Today plugins [messaging, WIFI], and a couple of 3rd-party plugins [GPSToday, metrix, etc.]. 23506 was a battery-sipper, but i haven't had time to run 28004 under normal usage to compare battery-usage. i'm glad to see the re-introduction of stylus handwriting recognition [letter recognizer is more intelligent then block].

I'm also new to your 28004 rom after using many versions of evidence/bgill and blazingwolf roms in the past. So far my experience is the same. Stable and fully functional (which is huge!), but with an imperfect touch response. For example, basic things like dialing phone numbers take much more deliberate screen presses.

I browsed through this thread, and someone mentioned that it seems like both the samsung and 6.5 scrolling engines are running at the same time. That matches my experience as well. If I swipe quickly, I seem to get the samsung scrolling (with the clicks), and if I hold for a moment then swipe, I get the 6.5 kinetic scrolling. It's an odd experience.

I notice mention that 28005 has scrolling improvements, so I will check that out when I get a chance to flash again, but I just wanted to echo the previous poster's experience.

Overall, great job!

-Ben

Guest lioryte
I'm also new to your 28004 rom after using many versions of evidence/bgill and blazingwolf roms in the past. So far my experience is the same. Stable and fully functional (which is huge!), but with an imperfect touch response. For example, basic things like dialing phone numbers take much more deliberate screen presses.

I browsed through this thread, and someone mentioned that it seems like both the samsung and 6.5 scrolling engines are running at the same time. That matches my experience as well. If I swipe quickly, I seem to get the samsung scrolling (with the clicks), and if I hold for a moment then swipe, I get the 6.5 kinetic scrolling. It's an odd experience.

I notice mention that 28005 has scrolling improvements, so I will check that out when I get a chance to flash again, but I just wanted to echo the previous poster's experience.

Overall, great job!

-Ben

Glad you find it stable and functional. I'll double check I think the only scroll engine that's working is the Samsung one it's in the OEMDrivers, but I could be wrong. I don't have any issues with the scrolling, as long as it works it's fine but the phone has been a pain therefore I added the phatphingers skin.

Feedback is highly appreciated I'll look into the scrolling engine and see what I come up with. Keep in mind that I don't use/cook anything like FTouch, etc. I'll try (again...) to rid the ROM of the Samsung scrolling if I can.

EDIT: Great feedback, just what I'm looking for, big thanx!

Edited by lioryte

Guest xmagikalx

Hey Lioryte,

Cool ROM and awesome list of cab.. very convenient! I also appreciate the description of the different COM builds.

I am planning to re-flash to your ROM but with all those cabs it would be awesome to have XDA_UC built in. Do you have any plans to build it into any new ROMs? (or is it in but just not listed)

Thanks!

Guest BrianPick
Hey Lioryte,

Cool ROM and awesome list of cab.. very convenient! I also appreciate the description of the different COM builds.

I am planning to re-flash to your ROM but with all those cabs it would be awesome to have XDA_UC built in. Do you have any plans to build it into any new ROMs? (or is it in but just not listed)

Thanks!

A few post back I asked the same question. The answer is Shashimi. It performs the same function as XDA_UC. In the bottom of the first post is a cab for these roms. It is pretty simple, you place things in folders like XDA_UC and it installs them. If you need help using it google "Shashimi Help Videos" and you will find links to you tube videos outlining the process.

Guest arirang
Glad you find it stable and functional. I'll double check I think the only scroll engine that's working is the Samsung one it's in the OEMDrivers, but I could be wrong. I don't have any issues with the scrolling, as long as it works it's fine but the phone has been a pain therefore I added the phatphingers skin.

Feedback is highly appreciated I'll look into the scrolling engine and see what I come up with. Keep in mind that I don't use/cook anything like FTouch, etc. I'll try (again...) to rid the ROM of the Samsung scrolling if I can.

EDIT: Great feedback, just what I'm looking for, big thanx!

i must emphasize, your mileage may vary.

i've updated to 28005. compared to either 28004 [yours] and 23506 [see Evidence's kitchen].

*stability ["flash and forget" experience--no patches/fixes, etc, required post-flash]: tie

*tap/swipe response [most noticeable in Messaging]: 23506. in 28***, tap to highlight a msg is fine, tap to open is laggy. once open, swiping to previous/next item is laggy.

*Free program memory after normal usage [vs. soft-rest]: 23506 [consistently idled with high-40MB still available]

*overall speed/performance: tie with 23506

i initially chose com 5 branch because it was a naked rom [see evidence's kitchen]. then i chose 28*** branch out of curiousity. like 23506 BT FTP issue, 28005 tap/swipe lagginess while navigating in Messaging is not a show stopper [your mileage may vary]. i'd like to see input regarding 23511.

Edited by arirang

*tap/swipe response [most noticeable in Messaging]: 23506. in 28***, tap to highlight a msg is fine, tap to open is laggy. once open, swiping to previous/next item is laggy.

Nice ROM. I like em plain and simple...

I noticed the same with the 28005 build. Sometimes it even took a second tap to select something.

I applied the standard tweak for touch sensitivity and it is good as gold now.

Just save the following as a .reg file and apply it. Or enter it manually.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]
"CalibrationData"="519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872"
"DownUp"=dword:000002ee
"Click"=dword:000007d0[/codebox]

Edited by NilsE

Guest sbpetro
Nice ROM. I like em plain and simple...

I noticed the same with the 28005 build. Sometimes it even took a second tap to select something.

I applied the standard tweak for touch sensitivity and it is good as gold now.

Just save the following as a .reg file and apply it. Or enter it manually.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]
"CalibrationData"="519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872"
"DownUp"=dword:000002ee
"Click"=dword:000007d0[/codebox]

I saved this as a .reg file now how do I apply it?

I saved this as a .reg file now how do I apply it?

You need to open something like Resco, MemMaid or other registry editor and import it. I use MemMaid but it is not free.

Guest lioryte
You need to open something like Resco, MemMaid or other registry editor and import it. I use MemMaid but it is not free.

Thanks for that, I'll try it out later on tonight.

As for registry, go to settingsa/system, I added a small reg editor tool to my ROMs

A number of people within this thread have asked for a taskbar that works with WM6.5. I created this one that sofar works with 23081, 23088, 28002-28005.

I only have the one color scheme for now but it is not too bad with lioryte's theme.

It includes the most stable version of the 5% battery driver, the BT Icon fix, and matching icons for the top bar pulldown.

First install sdkcerts.cab, soft reset, then the taskbar cab

NOTE: If you don't like it "Remove Programs" gets rid of it completely

post-576057-1259458967_thumb.png

Taskbar_Blue_WM_6_5.cab

SdkCerts.cab

Edited by NilsE

Guest lioryte
A number of people within this thread have asked for a taskbar that works with WM6.5. I created this one that sofar works with 23081, 23088, 28002-28005.

I only have the one color scheme for now but it is not too bad with lioryte's theme.

It includes the most stable version of the 5% battery driver, the BT Icon fix, and matching icons for the top bar pulldown.

Thanx, can I post this in post 2?

Guest jmart518

I like the look of this taskbar, but am having trouble installing it. I installed sdkcerts, soft reset and am still getting the "don't have permissions". Anyone else try to install?