[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest melikye
Nice ROM. I like em plain and simple...

I noticed the same with the 28005 build. Sometimes it even took a second tap to select something.

I applied the standard tweak for touch sensitivity and it is good as gold now.

Just save the following as a .reg file and apply it. Or enter it manually.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]
"CalibrationData"="519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872"
"DownUp"=dword:000002ee
"Click"=dword:000007d0[/codebox]

now i dont know wuts wrong...i saved this as a .reg file and put it on my phone...i open up reg edit and go to the pull up list and import is greyed out...is there something im not getting?

alrite that aside..i decided to do it manually and still nothing happens :D

Guest Gruber47
now i dont know wuts wrong...i saved this as a .reg file and put it on my phone...i open up reg edit and go to the pull up list and import is greyed out...is there something im not getting?

alrite that aside..i decided to do it manually and still nothing happens :(

I tried to type in the reg hack and was able to do that but, like you I did not notice anything happened. I also noticed, when using Lio's regedit app it changes all the lower case Hex entries to upper case. My knowledge of Hex is lower and upper have different meanings. Can someone give the decimal translation and I can put that in, instead of the 2 byte hex string. Guess I could figure it out but I am very rusty and don't want to try. Sorry. But thanks for anyones help. :D

I noticed the same with the 28005 build. Sometimes it even took a second tap to select something.

I applied the standard tweak for touch sensitivity and it is good as gold now.

In my experience it's not an issue with the touch screen drivers or calibration. Certain programs like touchpal remain highly responsive to taps even while other programs like messaging are being flaky. Even swipes work perfectly in touchpal. So the touches are getting through to the os correctly, and apps like touchpal can get the input correctly. Something is fouling up the works for apps like messaging. I'm increasingly convinced the samsung scrolling engine is getting in the way...

Btw, to address another issue, I don't think the poor touch response is caused by lag. I use the optical mouse frequently (am I the only one who likes it?), and the phone responds promptly to mouse clicks. In fact, it even responds perfectly to mouse swipes. Somehow the optical mouse seems to bypass the samsung scrolling engine and only triggers the microsoft one. I get "kinetic" scrolling every time, and never get the optical mouse to cause a "clicky" scroll. But when I do the same swipe with my finger, I can get either depending on how exactly I do it.

On the bright side, I'm on day two of perfect stability so far, and coming from daily crashes with some other roms, that's huge!

-Ben

EDIT: In addition to perfect stability, everything I've tried has worked as well including the camera button. Great job Lioryte!

Edited by bqst

Can someone give the decimal translation and I can put that in, instead of the 2 byte hex string. :D

000002ee = 750

000007d0 = 2000

Soft reset after the regedit

Edited by NilsE

I like the look of this taskbar, but am having trouble installing it. I installed sdkcerts, soft reset and am still getting the "don't have permissions". Anyone else try to install?

Some ROM's still have a lot of the security built in and cause that. Lioryte's 28005 did not give me that error.

One thing you can do is unzip the attached files and copy the individual files over to your \Windows folder with something like TotalCommander or Resco (built in File Explorer won't do it).

Then run the cab again since it still has to do the registry stuff.

I think it is either the zylonite_battdrvr.dll driver of the EventBroker.exe causing the issue but I have only done it copying all files at the same time. If you try just those 2 first and the cab works let me know.

WM6.5___i910_Blue_files.zip

Guest nikosxri

Lioryte nice rom congragulations!

Bit a little of topic but you use sashimi and you have the same phone and build with me so:

Tried sashime for autoinstall.Works well for cabs autoinstalled to device but when i choose to autoinstall to My Storage through ASL or SC (i installed sashimi to My Storage) the program insists to try to install the cabs to My bluetooth Ftp folder and says unsuccesfull installation after that.

Any tip for overcoming the ftp folder and install to My Storage?

Thanks a lot.

In my experience it's not an issue with the touch screen drivers or calibration. Certain programs like touchpal remain highly responsive to taps even while other programs like messaging are being flaky. Even swipes work perfectly in touchpal. So the touches are getting through to the os correctly, and apps like touchpal can get the input correctly. Something is fouling up the works for apps like messaging. I'm increasingly convinced the samsung scrolling engine is getting in the way...

I really comes down to "Your Mileage May Vary" since I and many others notice a significant difference when the tweak is applied.

I am not going to argue the merits or lack there of since it simply does not hurt to try it.

Guest lioryte
Lioryte nice rom congragulations!

Bit a little of topic but you use sashimi and you have the same phone and build with me so:

Tried sashime for autoinstall.Works well for cabs autoinstalled to device but when i choose to autoinstall to My Storage through ASL or SC (i installed sashimi to My Storage) the program insists to try to install the cabs to My bluetooth Ftp folder and says unsuccesfull installation after that.

Any tip for overcoming the ftp folder and install to My Storage?

Thanks a lot.

Which version of Sashimi are you using? Try the modified version I posted in post 1 under known issues it has a fix. Sashimi acts weired with 6.5.X installing .cab files where it shouldn't. The modified .cab/ files are the best answer as to date until Mr. Bengalih comes up with a newer version

Guest lioryte
I really comes down to "Your Mileage May Vary" since I and many others notice a significant difference when the tweak is applied.

I am not going to argue the merits or lack there of since it simply does not hurt to try it.

I agree, wouldn't hurt to try. As a matter of fact I'll include this tweak in the next release to save the people it's working for the hassle. For me it ain't seem to be workin' (;~:D

Guest sbpetro
I agree, wouldn't hurt to try. As a matter of fact I'll include this tweak in the next release to save the people it's working for the hassle. For me it ain't seem to be workin' (;~ :D

I also tried this tweak but did not get much out of it. Does not seem to help me. :(

I also tried this tweak but did not get much out of it. Does not seem to help me. :D

All it really does is align the screen as it if you hit all the + signs in align screen settings dead center. It then tries to make the screen a little more sensitive. If you are already working pretty good it won't seem to do anything.

Most ROM's have this cooked in.

Guest arirang

Btw, to address another issue, I don't think the poor touch response is caused by lag. I use the optical mouse frequently (am I the only one who likes it?), and the phone responds promptly to mouse clicks. In fact, it even responds perfectly to mouse swipes. Somehow the optical mouse seems to bypass the samsung scrolling engine and only triggers the microsoft one. I get "kinetic" scrolling every time, and never get the optical mouse to cause a "clicky" scroll. But when I do the same swipe with my finger, I can get either depending on how exactly I do it.

On the bright side, I'm on day two of perfect stability so far, and coming from daily crashes with some other roms, that's huge!

-Ben

EDIT: In addition to perfect stability, everything I've tried has worked as well including the camera button. Great job Lioryte!

because this is duplicated across branches [28xxx/23511, etc], i would have to agree there is a SW conflict too. hopefully, someone will track it down because this is a show-stopper for me. my friend couldn't tap/press out the numbers because of this issue so i dialed for him using the optical mouse. i dont expect everyone to be able to navigate my phone and its widgets without some assistance, but everyone should be able to call from my phone unassisted--from grandma to grandkid.

UPDATE: re-installed 23506 from another kitchen [evidence], and no issue with tap response time; therefore, it is something added/subtracted by the chef. unfortunately, for that same reason evidence's 23506 BT FTP service doesnt work--such is life as a flashaholic :D

Edited by arirang

Guest jmart518
Some ROM's still have a lot of the security built in and cause that. Lioryte's 28005 did not give me that error.

One thing you can do is unzip the attached files and copy the individual files over to your \Windows folder with something like TotalCommander or Resco (built in File Explorer won't do it).

Then run the cab again since it still has to do the registry stuff.

I think it is either the zylonite_battdrvr.dll driver of the EventBroker.exe causing the issue but I have only done it copying all files at the same time. If you try just those 2 first and the cab works let me know.

Thank you NilsE, that worked out perfectly!

Guest Projekt8E

Hey, I am just curious about my WiFi. When I go into my comm manager, there is no wifi option. Just bluetooth and phone. Is there a setting that I am missing to access my WiFi? I saw the 2 WiFi cab files posted on the main page and flipped through some of the this pages on this post but nothing stood out as an answer to this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Other than not finding my WiFi, this rom is outstanding.

Guest lioryte

arirang I absolutely agree and I'm honestly not happy with the dialer response- Hence phatphingerz skin trying to help. In prev. releases I added Sam. Dialer to the ROM and it works great, but than I got to think that people might be using other dialers that are working just as good. So, being a Base ROM, I took it out, giving people the choice to decide which dialer if any they want to install. Most work flawlessly.

Samsung touch driver is a pain to take out- IDK if this option is possible. Using FTouch might help as far as scrolling- but I honestly don't care for the clicking sound as long as it's working.

@Projekt8E- This has been discussed many times in other threads as well. Settings>system>power>Wi-Fi (last option), uncheck, hit ok and check again if you want. WiFi is back on.

There are more ways to work around it as well, search the forums

Guest popsinger
This has been discussed many times in other threads as well. Settings>system>power>Wi-Fi (last option), uncheck, hit ok and check again if you want. WiFi is back on.

i have always been happy with these roms. not much issues even with the old ones but for the first time, i've flashed back and forth to both roms and wifi is a problem. now you see it, now you don't. and then if it's available, can't connect to my router like i used to with the other roms. i've always found a way to work around some of the other issues in the past with registry hacks but this time, that does not help. but as always, thank you for all the work.

Guest IronFox

I'm trying out your rom for the first time and I really like it, but as many others are saying, I'm also having a hard time with the touch screen, especially when reading emails. Most times I have to press down really hard or multiple times to get the select to respond.

Guest lioryte
because this is duplicated across branches [28xxx/23511, etc], i would have to agree there is a SW conflict too. hopefully, someone will track it down because this is a show-stopper for me. my friend couldn't tap/press out the numbers because of this issue so i dialed for him using the optical mouse. i dont expect everyone to be able to navigate my phone and its widgets without some assistance, but everyone should be able to call from my phone unassisted--from grandma to grandkid.

UPDATE: re-installed 23506 from another kitchen [evidence], and no issue with tap response time; therefore, it is something added/subtracted by the chef. unfortunately, for that same reason evidence's 23506 BT FTP service doesnt work--such is life as a flashaholic :D

I'm trying out your rom for the first time and I really like it, but as many others are saying, I'm also having a hard time with the touch screen, especially when reading emails. Most times I have to press down really hard or multiple times to get the select to respond.

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAD ISSUES WITH SCROLLING/ TOUCHSCREEN/DIALER/ETC

I have been working trying to find a better solution other than FTouch. Did my research, talked to all of the original Chefs (3/4- one active, one with the Droid and one in school, there is one more that really really has a disliking to my sense of humor)- the only way to disable Samsung touch engine is with FTouch is what I was told.

I have a test version of the ROM with FTouch in. I think it took care of most of the issues, I would like the opinion of the people who had issues. This is a Beta meaning no dialer skin and less memory. Once I'll be sure that the problem has been resolved I'll post a new release of 28005 and 23511

So please feedbacks!

DOWNLOAD BETA

Edited by lioryte

Guest DirtySanchez
FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAD ISSUES WITH SCROLLING/ TOUCHSCREEN/DIALER/ETC

I have been working trying to find a better solution other than FTouch. Did my research, talked to all of the original Chefs (3/4- one active, one with the Droid and one in school, there is one more that really really has a disliking to my sense of humor)- the only way to disable Samsung touch engine is with FTouch is what I was told.

I have a test version of the ROM with FTouch in. I think it took care of most of the issues, I would like the opinion of the people who had issues. This is a Beta meaning no dialer skin and less memory. Once I'll be sure that the problem has been resolved I'll post a new release of 28005 and 23511

So please feedbacks!

DOWNLOAD BETA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469865

What about Itouch it looks similar to fTouch can u disable with Ftouch but not use any settings & allow iTouch to take over Just a thought. Also i have tried this on my i910 and it seems to work.

lioryte, i know your busy and if possible at your earliest convinience could you cab the calendar panel? I'm running necosino's "Calling" and would like to add your calendar. thanks!

Guest arirang
arirang I absolutely agree and I'm honestly not happy with the dialer response- Hence phatphingerz skin trying to help. In prev. releases I added Sam. Dialer to the ROM and it works great, but than I got to think that people might be using other dialers that are working just as good. So, being a Base ROM, I took it out, giving people the choice to decide which dialer if any they want to install. Most work flawlessly.

Samsung touch driver is a pain to take out- IDK if this option is possible. Using FTouch might help as far as scrolling- but I honestly don't care for the clicking sound as long as it's working.

@Projekt8E- This has been discussed many times in other threads as well. Settings>system>power>Wi-Fi (last option), uncheck, hit ok and check again if you want. WiFi is back on.

sounds like you're on top of things, and i'll keep an eye on this kitchen. i bear no allegiance to a chef, only to a solid build :D

Guest lioryte
sounds like you're on top of things, and i'll keep an eye on this kitchen. i bear no allegiance to a chef, only to a solid build :D

Plz try out the beta build see how the scrolling/lag/dialer are and let me know