[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

I'll be honest, I do not understand Ftouch. Other threads have all talked about installing FTouch, which I did, but never actually tapping the icon to run it. After reading the last few posts here, I ran FTouch and click enable. After that I lost scrolling altogether, even after a reset. I had to use the navigation button to move around. When I disabled FTouch again and reset my scrolling (kinetic) came back.

I can'rt deny that installing works to fix the click-scrolling, but the rest of the app seems very shaky. Am I missing something?

lioryte.

Like the blue theme up put up awhile ago :(

I "borrowed it" and i'm using it on Storm"s 28005 rom.

Out of all the chefs you seem to the most accessible repository of Great Stuff to add-on.

Ya just have to be careful and not to generate a hairball nightmare while playing with this stuff. Thank goodness for reflashing :D

I guess (?) like Arirang i can't stay on one rom for long, gotta make it better that's the challenge, or is it a disease?

;) :D

Guest br91655

Hi lioryte,

I hope you don't mind me asking a cooking question but if you do just say so and no offense will be be taken. I've downloaded Wozzer's kitchen, a few of the SYS/XIP components, and the stock OEM and merged them into what I'm pretty sure is the proper directory structure. The process of building the ROM seems to complete without error. I clear file attributes, enable XPR or LZW, and then run the build rom script.

The issue I'm consistently seeing happens after flashing my home-cooked ROM. The phone screen goes dark either after the Samsung branding screen or the Verizon branding screen is displayed. Fortunately the reset button is still responsive so I can just reload UMDL with a good ROM and reset to gain control of the phone. I've ensured that initflashfiles.dat is UNICODE and have also paired down the OEM thinking that it might be too big but always the same result.

I don't expect you to tell me what is wrong but if you have any trouble shooting advise to offer I'd be most appreciable. Of course if you suspect something in particular I'd be happy to hear that too. :D

I can second the previous post. Your takingthe time to cab up so many things that work with your ROM is great.

Another question, does the latest 28005 release fix the issue (across all ROMs I have tried) of the icons disappearing for programs installed to My Storage?

Guest lioryte
lioryte, i know your busy and if possible at your earliest convinience could you cab the calendar panel? I'm running necosino's "Calling" and would like to add your calendar. thanks!

I'm afraid a cab will mess up your titanium layout I have the entire .cpr file that controls titanium layout- I don't know how to "cut" only a section of the .cpr and use it.

What I can do is post the changes I made. Using Resco Explorer (Try the new beta post#2) or total comm, etc, you'll have to extract the titanium_240x400.cpr and the titanium_400x240.cpr- both are in windows, find CalanderCondensed and make the following changes. use notepad to open them

240x400

<Layer ID="CalendarCondensed" Visible="False" Width="240" Height="34">

<Layer ID="Page">

<!-- Condensed Line 1 -->

<Text ID="PluginLabel" Left="10" Top="4" Width="220" Height="34" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="18" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="cmhomeres.dll,1026">

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0" />

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF" />

</Text>

<!-- Line 1 -->

<Text ID="Text 1" Left="105" Top="6" Width="130" Height="21" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Bold"  Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF"/>

</Text>

<!-- Line 2 -->

<Text ID="Text 2" Left="105" Top="20" Width="130" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0"/>

</Text>

</Layer>

</Layer>
400x240
 <Layer ID="CalendarCondensed" Visible="False" Width="400" Height="34">

<Layer ID="Page">

<!-- Condensed Line 1 -->

<Text ID="PluginLabel" Left="28" Top="4" Width="344" Height="34" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="18" FontStyle="Regular" Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" InnerTextType="Resource" Text="cmhomeres.dll,1026">

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetDropBottomRight" Color="#00000000" TextOffset="1" BlurFactor="3" Alpha="1.0" />

<TextStage TextOffsetType="TextOffsetNone" Color="#FFFFFFFF" />

</Text>

<!-- Line 1 -->

<Text ID="Text 1" Left="125" Top="6" Width="200" Height="21" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="10" FontStyle="Bold"  Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">

</Text>

<!-- Line 2 -->

<Text ID="Text 2" Left="125" Top="20" Width="200" Height="15" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="9" FontStyle="Regular"  Wrap="False" VerticalAlignment="Top" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter">

</Text>

</Layer>

</Layer>

I hope this works for you.

Guest lioryte
I'll be honest, I do not understand Ftouch. Other threads have all talked about installing FTouch, which I did, but never actually tapping the icon to run it. After reading the last few posts here, I ran FTouch and click enable. After that I lost scrolling altogether, even after a reset. I had to use the navigation button to move around. When I disabled FTouch again and reset my scrolling (kinetic) came back.

I can'rt deny that installing works to fix the click-scrolling, but the rest of the app seems very shaky. Am I missing something?

FTouch needs to be installed, not to run it...

Anyhow, try the beta ROM I posted a page back and let me know how it works for you

Guest lioryte
lioryte.

Like the blue theme up put up awhile ago :(

I "borrowed it" and i'm using it on Storm"s 28005 rom.

Out of all the chefs you seem to the most accessible repository of Great Stuff to add-on.

Ya just have to be careful and not to generate a hairball nightmare while playing with this stuff. Thank goodness for reflashing :D

I guess (?) like Arirang i can't stay on one rom for long, gotta make it better that's the challenge, or is it a disease?

:D :D

LOL

hairball nightmare is this restaurant's specialty...

All of my stuff are there to be USED. Rob's ROMs are great like the rest of the ROMs here. Keep on borrowing- makes my day ;)

Guest lioryte
Hi lioryte,

I hope you don't mind me asking a cooking question but if you do just say so and no offense will be be taken. I've downloaded Wozzer's kitchen, a few of the SYS/XIP components, and the stock OEM and merged them into what I'm pretty sure is the proper directory structure. The process of building the ROM seems to complete without error. I clear file attributes, enable XPR or LZW, and then run the build rom script.

The issue I'm consistently seeing happens after flashing my home-cooked ROM. The phone screen goes dark either after the Samsung branding screen or the Verizon branding screen is displayed. Fortunately the reset button is still responsive so I can just reload UMDL with a good ROM and reset to gain control of the phone. I've ensured that initflashfiles.dat is UNICODE and have also paired down the OEM thinking that it might be too big but always the same result.

I don't expect you to tell me what is wrong but if you have any trouble shooting advise to offer I'd be most appreciable. Of course if you suspect something in particular I'd be happy to hear that too. :D

I'm not sure. Did you Recmod? Also don't use the OEM as is it might be too much. Only thingies that comes to mind right now

I can second the previous post. Your takingthe time to cab up so many things that work with your ROM is great.

Another question, does the latest 28005 release fix the issue (across all ROMs I have tried) of the icons disappearing for programs installed to My Storage?

I never had this issue, I don't think it's a ROM/Build related issue. If something like that happens to you it's time to format my storage it should take care of that problem. (back it up before. Format it not HR)

Guest br91655
I'm not sure. Did you Recmod? Also don't use the OEM as is it might be too much. Only thingies that comes to mind right now

I'm not running Recmod Sys.cmd if that's what you mean. When should I run it?

I'm afraid a cab will mess up your titanium layout I have the entire .cpr file that controls titanium layout- I don't know how to "cut" only a section of the .cpr and use it.

What I can do is post the changes I made. Using Resco Explorer (Try the new beta post#2) or total comm, etc, you'll have to extract the titanium_240x400.cpr and the titanium_400x240.cpr- both are in windows, find CalanderCondensed and make the following changes. use notepad to open them

I hope this works for you.

lioryte, thanks for info - i'll look and deciper... before taking the leap...

+1 on your post2 - great stuff you have and sharing

thanks again

Guest Gruber47

Anybody using Opera 10 beta and having problems with it freezing after a couple url pages? I flashed 28005 and it does this. Using Opera 9.7 beta it does not freeze. Obvious answer, "don't use Opera 10 beta." Duh! Just wonder if anyone else has experienced and figured out what might be causing. I really like the richness of beta 10 over beta 9.7. And why do they have 2 betas out at the same time, anyway? Very curious. I am turning yellow. :D

Guest lioryte
I'm not running Recmod Sys.cmd if that's what you mean. When should I run it?

Before you build it you need to recmod.

To make it simple, modules fit wm 6.5 kernel and dll's are for wm 6.1 kernel (like the i910). Recmoding the SYS file changes the modules to .dll files

More info HERE

Guest lioryte

I see some "testers" downloaded the beta scrolling test ROM from the prev. page. Please let me know how the scrolling/lag/dialer works in comparison to 28005V1. This isn't a regular build as it's missing some OEM's and has less memory. Once you flash, just try the scrolling and lemmie know plz

Guest IronFox
I see some "testers" downloaded the beta scrolling test ROM from the prev. page. Please let me know how the scrolling/lag/dialer works in comparison to 28005V1. This isn't a regular build as it's missing some OEM's and has less memory. Once you flash, just try the scrolling and lemmie know plz

I JUST flashed to it now. Im syncing to with my exchange server to test out the problems with the email I was having and so far it works great. Super zippy all around, kenetic scrolling is gone, scrolling is very smooth. Email is working well and all the problems I had are fixed! I may just have to stay with this build.

Guest BrianPick

I can add that the presence of FTouch alone (it being disabled) resolves some of the latency issues. I have not flashed the Beta, just added FTouch to 2005V1. I will flash the Beta when I get home and see if the behavior is the same or differs anywhere ?

Guest dkscudder

lioryte,

I've been using the beta for a couple of hours now. It does seem better, and for me, kinetic scrolling works great. I've tried typing a little, and I believe the response time is better.

Guest lioryte
I JUST flashed to it now. Im syncing to with my exchange server to test out the problems with the email I was having and so far it works great. Super zippy all around, kenetic scrolling is gone, scrolling is very smooth. Email is working well and all the problems I had are fixed! I may just have to stay with this build.

lioryte,

I've been using the beta for a couple of hours now. It does seem better, and for me, kinetic scrolling works great. I've tried typing a little, and I believe the response time is better.

Great, thank you very much for the feedback. I'll upload the first post with V2 for 28005 and 23511.

Guest lioryte

V2 of 28005 and 23511 are ready for download in post 1

If scrolling/lagging/dialing or the entire touch experience has been an issue for you, than you need to download to the new V2

New in V2:

* FTouch is back in, better scrolling and better touch experience

* New theme in settings: Lioryte BlackLeaf. You can download my black/ abstract blue themes in post 2

Again I would encourage everyone to download to the new version- if only to "feel" the change.

Guest Gruber47
V2 of 28005 and 23511 are ready for download in post 1

If scrolling/lagging/dialing or the entire touch experience has been an issue for you, than you need to download to the new V2

New in V2:

* FTouch is back in, better scrolling and better touch experience

* New theme in settings: Lioryte BlackLeaf. You can download my black/ abstract blue themes in post 2

Again I would encourage everyone to download to the new version- if only to "feel" the change.

I feel a little sheepish in asking but could you possibly put back in some kind of shut-down message, even if it is just GOODBYE? I am a visual type of cuss and I just like confirmation I am shutting down and not just putting the screen to sleep. Thanks, Lio. No rush or anything, just something to cogitate.

Guest lioryte
I feel a little sheepish in asking but could you possibly put back in some kind of shut-down message, even if it is just GOODBYE? I am a visual type of cuss and I just like confirmation I am shutting down and not just putting the screen to sleep. Thanks, Lio. No rush or anything, just something to cogitate.

How about this one? Install to device memory

You can install any .wav file you want... I USED to have animation and sound going on/off but I took 'em down. I have the splashscreen with credit...

Just name any .wav pwr_on for on and pwr_off for off, and install to device memory.

for any animation. just search forums, name any animation (.gif file) Ani_Poweron/Ani_Poweroff and install to device memory.

In order to install all of the above you'll need something like resco explorer/ total commander, etc.

Remember I provide you with the platform, you install whatever (^_~)

pwr_off.wav

Guest br91655
Before you build it you need to recmod.

To make it simple, modules fit wm 6.5 kernel and dll's are for wm 6.1 kernel (like the i910). Recmoding the SYS file changes the modules to .dll files

More info HERE

Got it working! Thanks lioryte!

Guest lioryte
What gives you da weather on the Home screen, Lio?

Titanium weather if I get ya.

Look in post #2 for the modified cab, it comes with samurize and artwire icons, you can change icons I have a cab there with simple and sketch glow set.

Also, for more icons go HERE

FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAD ISSUES WITH SCROLLING/ TOUCHSCREEN/DIALER/ETC

So please feedbacks!

DOWNLOAD BETA

Great to hear you may have figured it out! Probably won't have time to flash during the week, but will give it a good test this weekend! Thanks for all your work to make the rom perfect!

-Ben

PS. Day 3, no crashes!