[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

I may back out of 28011 but not due to performance problems. Actually runs pretty good and very responsive.

It is more aesthetics since I am unable to get my or any other themes to work and although your themes are nice they simply don't look good with my lockscene, keyboard and dialer.

Did they make any changes to the theme engine?

Guest lioryte
I may back out of 28011 but not due to performance problems. Actually runs pretty good and very responsive.

It is more aesthetics since I am unable to get my or any other themes to work and although your themes are nice they simply don't look good with my lockscene, keyboard and dialer.

Did they make any changes to the theme engine?

Hmmm. Here is the changelog of 28011. What do you mean you can't get other themes to work? Does it reverts back to WM6.1 look or it just won't work and could you please link me to those themes. Thanks

Hmmm. Here is the changelog of 28011. What do you mean you can't get other themes to work? Does it reverts back to WM6.1 look or it just won't work and could you please link me to those themes. Thanks

Whenever I selected a tsk file other than yours it defaulted to the generic theme. No buttons etc.

I got around it by recreating my theme cab file but I am not sure that really fixed it. I think something burped in the Sashimi install and hosed things up until I did that and a hard reset. All is fine now.

Edited by NilsE

Guest lioryte
Whenever I selected a tsk file other than yours it defaulted to the generic theme. No buttons etc.

I got around it by recreating my theme cab file but I am not sure that really fixed it. I think something burped in the Sashimi install and hosed things up until I did that and a hard reset. All is fine now.

Good to know all is fine.

Does anyone else has an issue with any theme install? I need testers to try other themes (not mine) to see if they work please. If there is an issue I would like to fix it

Good to know all is fine.

Does anyone else has an issue with any theme install? I need testers to try other themes (not mine) to see if they work please. If there is an issue I would like to fix it

Running 28011 no issues, thanks for your hard work

Guest lioryte

Running 28011 no issues, thanks for your hard work

K thanks prhsni. Anyone else? (y'all actually work? :D) I didn't run into anything but than again I don't know which theme causes issues, so please help me out- feedback- "installed m.carrol pureblack 3 had no issue" or " this rom sux no theme i try is working" you get what I'm looking for...

Guest kickflipmcgee
K thanks prhsni. Anyone else? (y'all actually work? :D ) I didn't run into anything but than again I don't know which theme causes issues, so please help me out- feedback- "installed m.carrol pureblack 3 had no issue" or " this rom sux no theme i try is working" you get what I'm looking for...

Just flashed 2 minutes ago, no problems so far. installed a theme and its working great

Lioryte

Just to set your mind at ease I reflashed 28011 after testing all of my cab's and the flash and Sashimi install went perfect and everything is working great.

Just a side note, this was the first flash I have done of your ROM's that the Liortye Base actually showed up on the today screen. No problem just remembered your warning that it may and I look for it every time and this is the first time it showed up.

Nice job as usual ;)

Edited by NilsE

Lioryte - question. I flashed to the Waremike FLEO ROM becuase I wanted to try a cooked in M2D2. Installing from a cab never worked for me.

Nonetheless, I noticed that in the WareMike ROM 28011, that scrolling in an open message was very smooth just as it is in every other app. I flashed to your 23511 for the stability (no lockups), and scrolling is fairly unresponsive in an open email. I noticed the same with 28008 also. Could it be something in your ROM? That is an issue for me unfortunately.

Thx.

Guest rubadub234
Lioryte - question. I flashed to the Waremike FLEO ROM becuase I wanted to try a cooked in M2D2. Installing from a cab never worked for me.

Nonetheless, I noticed that in the WareMike ROM 28011, that scrolling in an open message was very smooth just as it is in every other app. I flashed to your 23511 for the stability (no lockups), and scrolling is fairly unresponsive in an open email. I noticed the same with 28008 also. Could it be something in your ROM? That is an issue for me unfortunately.

Thx.

lioryte, i had same open message scrolling problem, you can swipe your finger up and down and the message wont move at all. so heres what i checked. I tried 28008 with old Windows Live and then the new one downloaded from Marketplace, then the did the same with 28009. I had the scrolling problem each time. Rob Storms 23511 and then 28011 doesnt have the problem. I was about to flash to your 28011, but i will hold off.

If you need someone to test anything, im your guy. Unfortunatly, my knowledge is limited to cut, paste and cab files ;)

my only accomplishment was to edit my StartMenu Gridscene to look like this

post-500356-1260340460_thumb.png

Nice topic Lioryte. I downloaded 28011 but taken out of archive is an *.bin file. I'm a newer and it might sound like a stupid question but how I go on for flashing. I could not figure out from your #1 post.

Thanks in advance mate

Guest lioryte

Thx.

lioryte, i had same open message scrolling problem, you can swipe your finger up and down and the message wont move at all. so heres what i checked. I tried 28008 with old Windows Live and then the new one downloaded from Marketplace, then the did the same with 28009. I had the scrolling problem each time. Rob Storms 23511 and then 28011 doesnt have the problem. I was about to flash to your 28011, but i will hold off.

If you need someone to test anything, im your guy. Unfortunatly, my knowledge is limited to cut, paste and cab files ;)

my only accomplishment was to edit my StartMenu Gridscene to look like this

post-500356-1260340460_thumb.png

So if I understand you both correctly, its all the emails? or just windows live that is causing issues in emails? I don't use windows live so I don't know, I do use the device for business and get between 20-100 email/day and scrolling seems fine but than again I use the Pad or the sidebar. I'll look into it, and thanks for trying my ROM

Scrolling and touch overall is very responsive with minimal touch of the screen. In both Outlook and Internet mail it is difficult. It will scroll but take a lot of pressure and stalls a lot. I resorted to the pad also which in general works good.

Yours is not the only ROM doing it so it has to be part of 28008-28011 as there have been comments all over the place. I think before 28008 it was OK but they must have updated the e-mail client somewhere in there.

I am not sure how to disable Ftouch to see if the native scrolling is better.

Guest lioryte

Long Over Due (^_~)

First time Flashing.--> i910 ONLY

In order to flash to any ROM you'll need to have CF03 installed to your device. CF03 is the VZ official ROM and all new i910 come with it pre-installed.

You can check which version your device has by going menu->settings->system->about.

If you have CF03 already, go to step 2

Step 1- If CF03 is not installed on your phone

If you have a different version, install CF03 as per instructions HERE

If you are running Vista (Also works with all computers)

1. Extract and Install Samsung USB driver from HERE

2. Upload and extract CF03.img from HERE

3. Upload and extract UMDL from HERE

4. Open Window Mobile Center->Connection-> Uncheck the USB option

5. Run UMDL and click on Unified Image File and choose the extracted CF03.img file from step 2.

6. In UMDL hit DETECT.

7. Shut off your phone and connect to the USB port, make sure you have your USB sync option checked off as mentioned in step 4.

8. Turn phone on, let it do it's thing it will take some time.

Step 2- Flashing your CF03 i910 with a new ROM

1. If you haven't done so, install Samsung USB driver from HERE

2. Upload and extract UMDL from HERE

3. Download and extract your ROM of choice, It will be a FlashXXX.bin file

4. In your computer, make sure USB sync is checked off in your mobile sync center.

5. Run UMDL, click on PDA option, choose the file extracted from step 3 and hit DETECT.

6. connect your phone and restart, let it do it's thing

Once done, your new ROM is installed

Edited by lioryte

Guest lioryte
Scrolling and touch overall is very responsive with minimal touch of the screen. In both Outlook and Internet mail it is difficult. It will scroll but take a lot of pressure and stalls a lot. I resorted to the pad also which in general works good.

Yours is not the only ROM doing it so it has to be part of 28008-28011 as there have been comments all over the place. I think before 28008 it was OK but they must have updated the e-mail client somewhere in there.

I am not sure how to disable Ftouch to see if the native scrolling is better.

NilsE

PM me your IM/Email I'll cook one now without FTouch, you can't take it out it's cooked in and I added the engine to the OEM drivers.

Guest lioryte

I need testers to test the scrolling on a beta ROM without FTouch cooked in, meaning Samsung scrolling is back on but it's kinetic and feels as responsive as FTouch and IMO works better with emails. So please PM me- hopefully the people that had issues with scrolling in emails

I need testers to test the scrolling on a beta ROM without FTouch cooked in, meaning Samsung scrolling is back on but it's kinetic and feels as responsive as FTouch and IMO works better with emails. So please PM me- hopefully the people that had issues with scrolling in emails

Overall touch response of the version without FTouch is not as good as with it but not bad at all.

The scrolling in E-Mail however is 100% better.

I have to decide if the overall touch is more important than the e-mail scrolling. Gotta think on this one as I use it today. I am leaning towards going back to FTouch.

SIDE NOTE: Started Flashing at 11:45 and had all settings back to before and e-mail download by 12:05 using Sashimi

Edited by NilsE

Overall touch response of the version without FTouch is not as good as with it but not bad at all.

The scrolling in E-Mail however is 100% better.

I have to decide if the overall touch is more important than the e-mail scrolling. Gotta think on this one as I use it today. I am leaning towards going back to FTouch.

SIDE NOTE: Started Flashing at 11:45 and had all settings back to before and e-mail download by 12:05 using Sashimi

I'm also with the NOFTouch version, scrolling is better in emails, overall=same but dialing a number (not a contact shortcut) is not good as the version with FTouch.

So

Emails- NOFTouch version by 100%

Overall Scrolling- About the same- I like the clicking sound but I think I'm the only one who likes Samsung Touch Driver

Dialer- FTouch version by 100%- But improving by 100% with any dialer app install...

Now it's up to our Chef- I guess Lio COULD cook a dialer in instead of the WM default one OR cook FTouch and leave the dialer in...

I have made a decision.

I am sticking with the FTouch. I may not re-flash 28011 and just wait for the next release ho[efully with FTouch in.

I think the benefits of FTouch overall is worth living with the scrolling in E-Mail. After all I didn't complain about it and just adjusted.

I actually stopped using TouchResponse because it overrode the benefits of FTouch by replacing a driver or 2.

Thanks

Nils

NP thanks for commenting

First time Flashing.--> i910 ONLY

In order to flash to any ROM you'll need to have CF03 installed to your device. CF03 is the VZ official ROM and all new i910 come with it pre-installed.

You can check which version your device has by going menu->settings->system->about.

If you have CF03 already, go to step 2

Thanks lioryte for your reply.

I followed step by step your explanation. My device is Omnia i900. Can I go further with the flashing procedure on i900?

I didn't figure out what it would mean CF03 but according with your checking it hasn't. My Omnia i900 is taken from Singapore. As far as I know the i910 is only delivered thru Verizon (VZ).

Thanks in advance

hhmm u suggested me using skyfire to read korean and it seems to work... but still can't type korean

i have a lot of files in korean in my omnia

so i would preffer a rom that can work in korean...

is there such thing ?? thanks for your previous reply

Thanks lioryte for your reply.

I followed step by step your explanation. My device is Omnia i900. Can I go further with the flashing procedure on i900?

I didn't figure out what it would mean CF03 but according with your checking it hasn't. My Omnia i900 is taken from Singapore. As far as I know the i910 is only delivered thru Verizon (VZ).

Thanks in advance

DON'T go any further. This is an i910 ROM and will not work on an i900