[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest arirang
23515 is ready for download- See post 1

This is the newest Com5 Build Dated Dec 17

Release Notes

* Change Log attached- Comparison was made to 23511 (JonnyBoy you are my HERO!)

* Email setup change+ New Icons (See Image)- Added is this Reg key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Inbox\SetupNewAccountProviders\Gmail]

"Rank"=dword:2000

"Name"="Gmail"

* New Mail icons in inbox, looks like this has some email updates

* Still No WMP in lock screen

* OK button still isn't functioning in settings/personal/phone. Map OK to a hard button.

* Took CHomeEditor out. It's in post 2 if needed

* MS Voice+TellMe ROM is about 157/169 MB Free

Still hoping for a WMD release...

love the Post#2 reserved for applications list and the change logs. i regularly check in to see what's new [and compatible] with and for the builds. you've created a niche among other kitchens with it.

FYI--the Opera Beta2 update is MUCH snappier than its predecessor, and OneDialBeta2.4 [free version] functions excellently as advertised but has a MAJOR memory leak.

Edited by arirang

Guest lioryte
Is 23515 better than 28014??

It's a different COM branch. Similar but not exactly the same...

It offers some changes in e-mail, like snappier create account for gmail, yahoo and MS

Also there are some very interesting changes to the email listing structure as there are now flags that you can make red or place a check mark on. In the body of those emails you have red flag as follow up and check mark as complete. I use the device for business so to me it's beautiful and a very helpful and I hope it will be somehow internally synced with tasks

I Think it's worth the upgrade, it seems pretty stable so far. I wish I had more feedback :)

screen14m.jpgscreen15p.jpgscreen16.jpg

Guest lioryte
I may be stupid but why cannot i not flash the files.. the omnia program doesnt recognize them, they are .7z files.. how do I flash from it?

First, make sure you have i910 not i900.

The file needs to be extracted to .bin use 7 ZIP to do that.

Than, follow the instructions I posted HERE

Have fun

Guest altimax98

ahh the 7zip is what i need. yeah ive got a 910, i was using BW version of 7 but ive been having some really annoying issues with it recently and thought it was time for a change.

Guest altimax98

Ive got a problem with my bluetooth.. I have tried multiple headsets with the phone and non of them will connect. I put them both into pairing mode, and it goes through just like it should. But when I turn the bluetooth on it never connects to the phone. Ive tried 3 different motorola headsets that worked on my phone before the flash, and non of them will connect. Got any ideas of the problem?

Guest jaycarl

It offers some changes in e-mail, like snappier create account for gmail, yahoo and MS

Also there are some very interesting changes to the email listing structure as there are now flags that you can make red or place a check mark on. In the body of those emails you have red flag as follow up and check mark as complete. I use the device for business so to me it's beautiful and a very helpful and I hope it will be somehow internally synced with tasks

I Think it's worth the upgrade, it seems pretty stable so far. I wish I had more feedback :)

Very nice, those email features do make a big difference when used for business.

Is the scrolling in emails problem fixed in 23515 or 23517?

Guest woodsptw
Ive got a problem with my bluetooth.. I have tried multiple headsets with the phone and non of them will connect. I put them both into pairing mode, and it goes through just like it should. But when I turn the bluetooth on it never connects to the phone. Ive tried 3 different motorola headsets that worked on my phone before the flash, and non of them will connect. Got any ideas of the problem?

I had a problem similar.. but it was me not holding the bluetooth headset button long enough. turn it off and then press it again but hold it LONG after it blinks the first time.

Guest rubadub234
Very nice, those email features do make a big difference when used for business.

i still had the delayed scrolling problem - i love the new email setup though

Guest andredabomb92

isnt internet explorer much slower on that build then on 28014? it seemed like it was when i flashed over both

Guest jaycarl

To bad, the scrolling issue really frustrates me considering I get alot of email.

Also, it seems like messaging closes randomly. It happens maybe once for every 10 times I open it.

Using 28014 with tellme cooked in.

Guest andredabomb92
To bad, the scrolling issue really frustrates me considering I get alot of email.

Also, it seems like messaging closes randomly. It happens maybe once for every 10 times I open it.

+1

Guest lioryte
is there anyway to get the samsung EZ buttons installed? is there a .cab file somewhere

I don't think so try HERE

If you mean EZ Keyboard than No it can only be cooked in.

Unfortunately, no. I use the scrollbar or just tap and hold for 1 sec and than it scrolls just fine

Yes me too I wonder where MS is going with that :)

isnt internet explorer much slower on that build then on 28014? it seemed like it was when i flashed over both

Yes since what we've seen so far is that WMD branch is/was focused on IE and connectivity enhancements and COM5 is now the new "eye candy" UI changes.

I get tons of emails daily I use the scrollbar, I got used to it...There is no way I know of that can get rid of the Samsung touch engine, until than we are stuck with 2 options- cook FTouch in as I do (WoZZeR calls it a "band aid solution") or stay with the clicking Samsung scrolling. Each has it's own advantages. I don't mind the clicks it just that without FTouch using the WM dialer becomes rather "frustrating" to say the least.

I didn't get any close out with 28014...Interesting...Do you have anything else open while this happens?

+1

Same Q as above

Hey liorite, not really new to flashing just first time i experience a problem, now im not sure if some one already adressed this but to be honest with you im kind of busy to read through 42 pages of post, love your new updated base rom wouldn't change it but i am experiencing this little problem, for some reason when i lock my screen and wake up my device my screen comes back very very very dim not even 1/4 of the brightness it needs to be. if i shut down and start back up it fixes itself back to normal but once i lock it again and wake it up it does it again as well. has anyone else had this problem if so how can i fix it. i dont want to change from your rom but its really hard to see and check anything in sunlight. thanks in advance.

Guest lioryte
Hey liorite, not really new to flashing just first time i experience a problem, now im not sure if some one already adressed this but to be honest with you im kind of busy to read through 42 pages of post, love your new updated base rom wouldn't change it but i am experiencing this little problem, for some reason when i lock my screen and wake up my device my screen comes back very very very dim not even 1/4 of the brightness it needs to be. if i shut down and start back up it fixes itself back to normal but once i lock it again and wake it up it does it again as well. has anyone else had this problem if so how can i fix it. i dont want to change from your rom but its really hard to see and check anything in sunlight. thanks in advance.

Hi djnemo

No this hasn't been reported yet. What ROM are you using? Are you using the default wm lock? It deems automatically but not to the point where I can't see it. Try installing AutoLock from post 2 it has a dimming option. Please let me know if this helps.

I've also seen messaging close randomly a few times with build 28011. Don't remember it happening with 28009?

I've also managed to crash lioryte's rom for the first time. Or actually, twice. Both times I was using calendar, changed an event's date, hit ok, and got a total lock-up. But it's not 100% reproducible. Once I get a chance to update to a newer build, I'll try the same sequence of events and report back.

-Ben

Guest lioryte
I've also seen messaging close randomly a few times with build 28011. Don't remember it happening with 28009?

I've also managed to crash lioryte's rom for the first time. Or actually, twice. Both times I was using calendar, changed an event's date, hit ok, and got a total lock-up. But it's not 100% reproducible. Once I get a chance to update to a newer build, I'll try the same sequence of events and report back.

-Ben

Thanks for the feedback. It doesn't happen to me I'm running 53517/15 I don't remember it happening to me in earlier builds but I usually delete events not editing them. Does this happen every time?

Guest lioryte

Added Backup/ Restore apps in post#2

So for now

Sashimi

SkinZone backup. I have been following his work on a mortscript thread. Very impressive, for more info on his backup which is Sashimi Comp.--HERE

Hi djnemo

No this hasn't been reported yet. What ROM are you using? Are you using the default wm lock? It deems automatically but not to the point where I can't see it. Try installing AutoLock from post 2 it has a dimming option. Please let me know if this helps.

Im using V23515 with the msvoice and tell, and to be honest it does it even without the lock screen if i disable the lock screen when woken up option even after i wake it up the screen is very dark I just dont know what to do with it thats odd that it hasn't happen to anyone else