[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

I never intended to have 23517 go live, but since this is an improvement (Still needs to test it myself) I will upload 23517

Seems like it is good to go as far as I am concerned. I tested everything including GPS with Google Maps and all is working well.

I think I have basically the same report as others. All in all the e-mail scrolling is much better. It is not as responsive as other scrolling like File Explorer which takes a lite flick but e-mail takes a little firmer touch but significantly better than before.

Thanks

Nils

Ok, Not sure if you were looking for a tester who had 15 to test 17 but I am coming from evidence's v13. As far as email scrolling, as someone above mentioned you do have to be very deliberate and on mine sometimes you have to try a few swipes to get it to work. It seems like you have to set your finger there for a second and then scroll which does slow things down.

Other than that I LOVE how clean this ROM is. Thank you!!!

Seems like it is good to go as far as I am concerned. I tested everything including GPS with Google Maps and all is working well.

I think I have basically the same report as others. All in all the e-mail scrolling is much better. It is not as responsive as other scrolling like File Explorer which takes a lite flick but e-mail takes a little firmer touch but significantly better than before.

Thanks

Nils

I need to add that on 23517 I just noticed I am getting almost instantaneous GPS connections even after a soft reset and indoors also. To me that's amazing since it has never done that before.

I there a change log available for this version?

Edited by NilsE

Guest lioryte
I need to add that on 23517 I just noticed I am getting almost instantaneous GPS connections even after a soft reset and indoors also. To me that's amazing since it has never done that before.

I there a change log available for this version?

Post 809

No GPS changes if I remember, hardly any changes at all from 515.

Guest Ozric Tentacle

Another new feature I'm loving (has it been an hour and a half already?) is the "threaded" email change and the ability to flag emails for follow up. The latter is cool and a great carry over from Outlook on Windows. The former is great to see as I'm also running Outlook 2010 Beta 2 on Windows and this was a new feature there too. Great to have this in both places.

Guest lioryte

23517 is ready for download in post 1.

Release notes:

* Still no WMP with lock screen

* OK soft button still not working in settings-personal-phone-services. Map OK to a hard button.

* Only 20 files changed from 23515, see attachment- compliments goes to the great jonnyboy.

Rom change:

Only wide range issue of this ROM so far has been the Touch engine. As it was fixed one major aspect of it wasn't- the email scrolling. I have found a solution- it makes the email scrolling work much better than before, however, please note that this solution is a tweak I made that theoretically shouldn't work at all :). I would like to emphasize that my goal is to rid the ROM of FTouch. I don't mind the Samsung touch engine's click scrolling I prefer it to FTouch since it's truly kinetic unlike FTouch but the ultimate goal is to use only MS scrolling/ touch engine if possible.

With that being said, if the scrolling in email has been an issue for you than you need to upgrade. If not I don't see anything in 23517 that would require an upgrade.

new_517.txt

Guest rtimi28
23517 is ready for download in post 1.

Release notes:

* Still no WMP with lock screen

* OK soft button still not working in settings-personal-phone-services. Map OK to a hard button.

* Only 20 files changed from 23515, see attachment- compliments goes to the great jonnyboy.

Rom change:

Only wide range issue of this ROM so far has been the Touch engine. As it was fixed one major aspect of it wasn't- the email scrolling. I have found a solution- it makes the email scrolling work much better than before, however, please note that this solution is a tweak I made that theoretically shouldn't work at all :) . I would like to emphasize that my goal is to rid the ROM of FTouch. I don't mind the Samsung touch engine's click scrolling I prefer it to FTouch since it's truly kinetic unlike FTouch but the ultimate goal is to use only MS scrolling/ touch engine if possible.

With that being said, if the scrolling in email has been an issue for you than you need to upgrade. If not I don't see anything in 23517 that would require an upgrade.

With your rom are you saying we can't use xda-uc or is shashimi the way to go

Guest lioryte
With your rom are you saying we can't use xda-uc or is shashimi the way to go

No xda-uc I use Sashimi but I am studying xda-uc and when i feel comfi with it the ROMS will support it

Guest rtimi28
No xda-uc I use Sashimi but I am studying xda-uc and when i feel comfi with it the ROMS will support it

I can't use swype with your rom 23517, is there a registry way to make it work thanks,

Guest Gruber47
Another new feature I'm loving (has it been an hour and a half already?) is the "threaded" email change and the ability to flag emails for follow up. The latter is cool and a great carry over from Outlook on Windows. The former is great to see as I'm also running Outlook 2010 Beta 2 on Windows and this was a new feature there too. Great to have this in both places.

Is there somewhere a person could get Outlook2010 beta2 cab as an upgrade? I am running 2007 at the office and verizon wireless sync. It should work.

Also, is the GPS supposed to be unlocked in the flashed ROM, 28014 or 23515/517? I have VZ Navigator and starting that is the only way Google Map finds any satellites. From some of the things folks say, it sounds like GPS is available for 3rd party apps. I have all the right settings. What might I be doing wrong?

Finally, someone in an earlier post made reference to a newer version of Google Map. Was that a mistake or is there actually a newer version. I would love to have a Google Map that talks and it and VZ Navigator to route the speech through the BT. Why, why doesn't it do that? Why is the earth round instead of flat? Why does Lioryte make the best damn ROMs, this side of the Rockies. To infinity, and beyond...

in post 1 "About" page show two diff version... no biggie

have to wait till weekend to flash :)

rtimi28 did you get swype to work?

there's a similar app "slide it" but not freebie

has any one tried usb and or wifi tethering?

Guest popsinger
Is there somewhere a person could get Outlook2010 beta2 cab as an upgrade? I am running 2007 at the office and verizon wireless sync. It should work.

Also, is the GPS supposed to be unlocked in the flashed ROM, 28014 or 23515/517? I have VZ Navigator and starting that is the only way Google Map finds any satellites. From some of the things folks say, it sounds like GPS is available for 3rd party apps. I have all the right settings. What might I be doing wrong?

Finally, someone in an earlier post made reference to a newer version of Google Map. Was that a mistake or is there actually a newer version. I would love to have a Google Map that talks and it and VZ Navigator to route the speech through the BT. Why, why doesn't it do that? Why is the earth round instead of flat? Why does Lioryte make the best damn ROMs, this side of the Rockies. To infinity, and beyond...

i am really trying to stay out of this but man, GPS being unlocked is old news. read...read...read!!!...CF03 from Verizon unlocked the GPS, not these cooked roms. yes, google maps, tom tom navigator, and others can be used but only if you got it set correctly to pick up satellites which has been talked about over and over in these forums. i wanted to add to the why questions but it would not be right...happy holidays!

i am really trying to stay out of this but man, GPS being unlocked is old news. read...read...read!!!...CF03 from Verizon unlocked the GPS, not these cooked roms. yes, google maps, tom tom navigator, and others can be used but only if you got it set correctly to pick up satellites which has been talked about over and over in these forums. i wanted to add to the why questions but it would not be right...happy holidays!

yah alot of weird post lately :) ... oops sorry - OT

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I can't use swype with your rom 23517, is there a registry way to make it work thanks,

I have swype working with this version. I tried the 'not free' version and I have to say that I like swype better. I like the 'ai' lookup and the tracking seems better. But that's me!!

Guest pmradio

Newbie Question. Tired of the built-in bloat and so am wanting to try a new ROM. I like the ability to have the stripped down stuff but still add the few built-in apps I'm really interested in. So, after I flash to the latest ROM, do I just pick the stuff I want to add and download those cabs and install or is there something special I need to do first? Thanks!

Ok, anyone having trouble with the cell data connection with v17? The only 'data' I did yesterday was the initial email setup for testing the scrolling. When I got home last night I tried it and I can't get data. Wifi works, but cell doesn't. Now I am back at work and it still doesn't work. Thought maybe my home area had a data issue but unless there is some huge outage in NJ that's prob not it. Phone calls working fine too. Think I need to re-flash?

Guest lioryte
Newbie Question. Tired of the built-in bloat and so am wanting to try a new ROM. I like the ability to have the stripped down stuff but still add the few built-in apps I'm really interested in. So, after I flash to the latest ROM, do I just pick the stuff I want to add and download those cabs and install or is there something special I need to do first? Thanks!

first, make sure you have CF03 installed on your i910, HERE is the info for your first time flashing. Follow the guide.

As far as the other part- yes you can pick any stuff you want and install it. It's true for every ROM you try. Have fun!

Ok, anyone having trouble with the cell data connection with v17? The only 'data' I did yesterday was the initial email setup for testing the scrolling. When I got home last night I tried it and I can't get data. Wifi works, but cell doesn't. Now I am back at work and it still doesn't work. Thought maybe my home area had a data issue but unless there is some huge outage in NJ that's prob not it. Phone calls working fine too. Think I need to re-flash?

No Data works fine so far 58 d/l on this build and no issues such as this I would do a soft reset, if still no-go I'd call VZ and if they say everything is OK do a hard reset. If that ain't helping than reflash...

Guest rtimi28
in post 1 "About" page show two diff version... no biggie

have to wait till weekend to flash :)

rtimi28 did you get swype to work?

there's a similar app "slide it" but not freebie

has any one tried usb and or wifi tethering?

Actually I did and just for everyone to know, you need flashlite 3.1 installed before you use swype. I now love this rom because I have all the original keyboards and swype which makes things even better. I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the omnialite apps to work on this rom. I would love to use some apps like touch player, calendar and stuff.

How do you get gps to work on your rom. It took forever and timed out this morning after I tried it with google maps. Any ideas

I assume you turned location on in the phone settings correct?

If so, make sure it is on Location and soft reset then go outside and start Google Maps and let it try and retry if it prompts.

How do you get gps to work on your rom. It took forever and timed out this morning after I tried it with google maps. Any ideas

just in case with all the exicetement - have you set to "Location" in phone setting?

Guest SilverPony2001

I'm still runnning 28014, and just noticed something last night. When I used to have a missed call or text message, I could tap on the unlock slider and it would give me another slider above it, I could slide to say, go right to my text messages. This doesn't seem to happen anymore. Am I just doing something wrong, or is this an issue with this build?