[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest nb1001

and somehow now it's partially working?

lol so i uninstalled, reinstalled tried everything again, it's working, it's just a separate panel from the clock...how do i make them the same?

btw lioryte........AWESOME rom. It's very stable.

Edited by nb1001

Guest lioryte

23518 Is ready for Download at post 1

Release notes

* Log Change Vs 23517 is attch. A lot of office changes so I added office to the TellMe+Voice ROM (Office 2010 is default in this build). Asking whomever try it and sees any changes to please post your findings as I've been using old office.

* Threaded Email but base build is still 23515.

* No WMP in lockscreen.

* No soft OK button at settings,personal,my phone. Map OK to a hard key.

Some more minor tweaks added.

Edit: Forgot to thank Jonnyboy for the log. Thanx man you rock!

23518_changelog.txt

post-463807-1262897524_thumb.jpg

post-463807-1262897555_thumb.jpg

Edited by lioryte

23518 Is ready for Download at post 1

Release notes

* Log Change Vs 23517 is attch. A lot of office changes so I added office to the TellMe+Voice ROM (Office 2010 is default in this build). Asking whomever try it and sees any changes to please post your findings as I've been using old office.

* Threaded Email but base build is still 23515.

* No WMP in lockscreen.

* No soft OK button at settings,personal,my phone. Map OK to a hard key.

Some more minor tweaks added.

is Office2010 not beta on this? last one was and can not open new Word doc

other than Office and browsing seems nothing new per log... i'll stick with 23517 for now

lioryte, is that the "infinity shell" (from your ModelT ROM) that have icons on home screen - can you cab and use it here (your BASE ROM)?

thanks again for sharing your hard work!

Guest br91655
is Office2010 not beta on this? last one was and can not open new Word doc

I found that with the beta Office 2010 that I could create a new doc if I installed it to main memory. I also found that as long as I installed it to main memory first and then created a new doc I could then reinstall to My Strorage and creating new docs would continue to work. BTW, creating new docs works fine on 23518 but I have no idea if Office is still considered to beta on that ROM.

Guest lioryte

Office works fine as far as I can see. I'll test it more tomorrow.

Side note: I Would like to thank all the people that have the same suggestion on how to combine IE from 28205 to 23518 and make a Hybrid. Moving IE ain't that hard. Moving Outlook from 23518 COM 5 to 28205 WMD should be our goal- As fast as they made IE, Opera is faster, but the WMD build is faster by root than COM5... But thanks! Nice to know someone cares!

Guest Lisbian08

Lioryte, these ROMS are amazing. I haven't been posting much lately, but I have still been flashing about once a month or so. Great work, my phone has never been so fast and clean.

Guest lioryte
Lioryte, these ROMS are amazing. I haven't been posting much lately, but I have still been flashing about once a month or so. Great work, my phone has never been so fast and clean.

Man, Thanks! This means a lot coming from you. How goes?

Guest Lisbian08
Man, Thanks! This means a lot coming from you. How goes?

I am good. I have been busy lately, but I just started taking a look at the new dlls for the 6.5.X icon files. I have tried a couple of times to sit down and study the differences. I took a look at the Nilse blue, but I couldn't get his dlls to open. The taskbar installed fine, but when I extracted the dlls from the cab, they were corrupt in PE explorer. I like his work, but I wanted to see all the resources in the dll. If you have any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated.

Guest event121

Not a fan of COM5

Going back to 28205

Thanks Liortye for a wonderful base and the constant updates.

Also, TellMe is an amazing app thank you for cooking it in.

Guest mcmilliron

Hey everyone,

I'm about to get my 3rd Omnia replacement (due to screen calibration issues) tomorrow and I'm thinking about flashing one of Lioryte's base ROMs but I use my phone for work so I need it to be stable. Which version of 6.5 do you guys recommend? I was thinking about trying V23517 With MS Voice+ TellMe cooked in after reading how fast it is. 

I'd also like to know if any of you have had the screen calibration infinite loop problem? It seems like it started with the CF03 update but I've also wondered if it might have something to do with flashing cooked 6.5 ROMs, or if the screens on the i910 just suck. 

Thanks!

Mark

Edited by mcmilliron

Guest Lisbian08
Hey everyone,

I'm about to get my 3rd Omnia replacement (due to screen calibration issues) tomorrow and I'm thinking about flashing one of Lioryte's base ROMs but I use my phone for work so I need it to be stable. Which version of 6.5 do you guys recommend? I was thinking about trying V23517 With MS Voice+ TellMe cooked in after reading how fast it is.

I'd also like to know if any of you have had the screen calibration infinite loop problem? It seems like it started with the CF03 update but I've also wondered if it might have something to do with flashing cooked 6.5 ROMs, or if the screens on the i910 just suck.

Thanks!

Mark

That is what I am using. No complaints here.

Guest mcmilliron

A few more questions:

1. What does MortScript do and when do I need to run it?

2. Which task manager is the most convenient to use with the newer 6.5 ROMs?

3. Do any of you use Tasktanium, and if so, is it still buggy to the point of being pretty much useless?

Thanks again,

Mark  

Edited by mcmilliron

Guest lioryte
I am good. I have been busy lately, but I just started taking a look at the new dlls for the 6.5.X icon files. I have tried a couple of times to sit down and study the differences. I took a look at the Nilse blue, but I couldn't get his dlls to open. The taskbar installed fine, but when I extracted the dlls from the cab, they were corrupt in PE explorer. I like his work, but I wanted to see all the resources in the dll. If you have any insight into this it would be greatly appreciated.

Good to hear all is OK and that you are still with the i910. I thought we lost ya :)

I try to stay away from editing the dll's since once I start I can't stop until the entire dll is done... NilsE is a cool dude, and so once he reads this he'll get in touch with you. Also, PM yar way

Not a fan of COM5

Going back to 28205

Thanks Liortye for a wonderful base and the constant updates.

Also, TellMe is an amazing app thank you for cooking it in.

Thanks for trying the ROM.

Working on a 28205 base 23518 outlook hybrid

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Mark

Hi Mark

First, no screen calibration issues here.

All are pretty stable, I also use the phone for business and COM5 and WMD have been very stable for me. Try the 23518 just for the reason it has threaded email and the new office which are kind of cool.

Guest mcmilliron

Hey Lioryte, 

Thanks for the fast reply. I really look forward to trying your roms! I briefly flashed to waremike32's M2D ROM running 23517 and it had threaded exchange email. Are you sure 23517 doesn't have it in your ROM's? I really want threaded email so I will try the newest if I have to but I am all about stability and I worry that the newest rom might not be as stable?

Thanks,

Mark

Guest lioryte
Hey Lioryte, 

Thanks for the fast reply. I really look forward to trying your roms! I briefly flashed to waremike32's M2D ROM running 23517 and it had threaded exchange email. Are you sure 23517 doesn't have it in your ROM's? I really want threaded email so I will try the newest if I have to but I am all about stability and I worry that the newest rom might not be as stable?

Thanks,

Mark

All COM5 (235XX) starting 23515 has threaded emails. And for the newest ROM .vs the most stable ROM- 23517 was the newest about a week ago :)

Edited by lioryte

Guest mcmilliron

It's crazy how many versions of 6.5 have been leaked. Where do you get them and does Microsoft know that people are cooking their beta rom's? How many more versions do you anticipate before they come out with a final version of "Windows Phone"?

Guest lioryte
It's crazy how many versions of 6.5 have been leaked. Where do you get them and does Microsoft know that people are cooking their beta rom's? How many more versions do you anticipate before they come out with a final version of "Windows Phone"?

We get them from various sources, mainly from xda (English), xbeta and TDF (Chinese). I think it's unavoidable that M$ knows. The real question is weather we are used as free testers by M$. Only god knows how many more WM 6.5.X, I guess it'll stay alive as long as there are devices for it. There will never be a final version, only a last one...

Just curious if anyone can tell me what the difference is between COM5 and WMD. (I read your the post #1 and still don't see much difference) I am running 23517 and LOVE IT!!! I was considering biting the bullet and upgrading my phone early until this ROM and I have tried a lot of other Roms (which were all good and sooo much better than what we get from Vz. certainly not complaining cause the chefs are the bomb!!)

I am contemplating going to one the newer if there is a speed/response increase. Office is nice, but I don't use it for work so that isn't as big a deal to me! I see that many people like both but I didn't see anything that compared speed to to 23517 directly.

Lioryte thanks for all your work!!

Guest cac2us

This is one nice ROM.

I am having a little trouble getting the background to change along with the top and bottom bars.

I will try one of the posted themes.

I noticed the xip needs to be edited to show something othor than 23515...

But thanks for the update.

Edited by cac2us

Guest event121

Lioryte,

When I flash to your rom. The background is black, the top and bottom bars are black.

This is something I want to be able to go back to in case I switch to a theme I don't like.

For now, if I try a theme, I just go to Blackleaf.

Do you have a .cab that I'm overlooking to go back to the all black from initial flash?

Recommend any nice red/black themes that you've seen work?

Thanks!

Guest mcmilliron

Hey guys,

I posted this a few days ago and I never got a bite so I'm going to try one more time. Can any of you help me with the following newbie questions. Thanks!

Guest lioryte
Lioryte,

When I flash to your rom. The background is black, the top and bottom bars are black.

This is something I want to be able to go back to in case I switch to a theme I don't like.

For now, if I try a theme, I just go to Blackleaf.

Do you have a .cab that I'm overlooking to go back to the all black from initial flash?

Recommend any nice red/black themes that you've seen work?

Thanks!

No no .cab for it, just download a black image and use as your background. Once changed you can't get it back

As for themes, other than what is in the build try looking in post 2 for more

Hey guys,

I posted this a few days ago and I never got a bite so I'm going to try one more time. Can any of you help me with the following newbie questions. Thanks!

1. Mortscript is a language, used by most custom apps and titanium panels. It should auto-run but if not you can run it from menu screen. mortscript info here

2. I use taskswitcher try any from post 2

Guest ikediggety

just flashed, loving it so far. quick and clean. this was my first flash since blazingwolf's MS night 1.4, i was a little nervous, but it was totally worth it.

only one thing i've noticed so far... i installed opera 10 beta 2, and when being invoked from tellme it errors out, not a valid win application or something...

also, is there a way to replace the round buttons with the square ones i've seen in some other roms? i think yours wins on features but i'd like to be able to have the square button look if possible. if not, no biggie.

thanks again for the rom, i know there's some serious work involved.