[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest lioryte

FYI

28217 is up@xda, however it's VGA only (all new build). I can probably hybrid it with 28205 but I see no point no changes will be shown, I might do it anyways since I fixed the 3g2 file issue.

Guest rfarrah
FYI

28217 is up@xda, however it's VGA only (all new build). I can probably hybrid it with 28205 but I see no point no changes will be shown, I might do it anyways since I fixed the 3g2 file issue.

A new 28xxx build! I'm strangely excited.

Guest lioryte
A new 28xxx build! I'm strangely excited.

It's building right now. Don't get exited. Like I said it's a whole new WMD build and it's missing lots of things being VGA. But it is new, lots of changes from 28205. If it builds and runs OK I'll post a link but nothing formal it should be considered a beta build. Its been rumored that we are going to get lots of new builds soon.

Guest lioryte

28217 I'll be posting it- a hybrid of 28217 and 28205.

New in this release:

* Rom now has powersaver on and autokeyboard popon disabled at startup

* Animation Rotation- 2 more options added. One option being no animation. Credit goes to zemrwhite2. Rom starts with Rotate Animation off

* On the TellMe ROM a new theme, Lioryte Gargoyle.

* Made it even lighter without taking anything off. At 169MB free B)

* Didn't include any special lockscreen, I'm waiting for a full release to do that.

* Also, didn't patch the timebomb. So please don't use after June 2010 :)

28217.gif

BASE ROM

With TellMe+MS Voice Command

No XDA_UC it gave an error on startup. Should be fixed soon...

Edited by lioryte

Guest lioryte

28217 Release Notes 2

As can be seen from the report txt the entire Sys is based on a new build 28217. WMD up to now has been enhancing IE and new UI changes. Since it is a hybrid VGA based, It's harder for me to tell. I've also attached the DiffMerge Report of 28205 V 28217.

All I can say is that it's very fast and is stable.

Report.txt

28205V28217_Diff.zip

Edited by lioryte

Guest lioryte
Can I use this on Telus or is this for Verizon?

I have never flash rom before so trying to find answer before go ahead.

thanks

This is VZ only. It will brick your phone.

Guest lioryte

So any feedback on the no Rotation animation (Exclusive for now...)/ Faster build?

This ROM has lots of extras. some are kind of first time out on any i910 ROM. Some things will run faster because of the build and some will run faster because of those under the hood changes. I'd like to thank WoZZeR and Waremike for their help/support/ideas/patience

Guest rfarrah
So any feedback on the no Rotation animation (Exclusive for now...)/ Faster build?

This ROM has lots of extras. some are kind of first time out on any i910 ROM. Some things will run faster because of the build and some will run faster because of those under the hood changes. I'd like to thank WoZZeR and Waremike for their help/support/ideas/patience

How does the vga build affect its performance on our wqvga devices? Sorry if that's a stupid question - just curious. And can you tell us a little more about the time bomb you mentioned? Thanks!

Guest lioryte
How does the vga build affect its performance on our wqvga devices? Sorry if that's a stupid question - just curious. And can you tell us a little more about the time bomb you mentioned? Thanks!

The release that came out is XXX_Lang_0409_DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640. I'll break it out

XXX- File name, can be anything like base,common,browsing, etc. I can use these files since they work with all builds, They are the "Core" of the build

Lang_0409- English, which is fine

DPI_192- No match, ours is DPI_96. (Touch screen resolutions. Device DPI determines the icon size). Had to use 28205's. No effect on performance, but if any icons were changed, I don't have them

RESH_480_RESV_640- No match, our is RESH_240_RESV_400 (Resolution horizontal/Resolution Vertical). It's WQVGA specific on a DPI96 Res. Had to use 28205's files. No effect on performance, only tasks, backgrounds, media player, phone and redist use this to make sure they match the screen size.

So no performance issues, I just like to get a whole new build (Like getting a new car with your old car seats B)) works just fine since 9PM last night. No new email menu/ threaded email- old style still

Time Bomb- To be honest I didn't even check, there's a chance since this was structured for cooking that it's patched. Every new build comes with a time-bomb, meaning it will stop running on a specific date. The chefs usually fix/patch it before posting. I didn't this time since I know that we will have some new builds coming our way. I promise that if this is the last build I'll post a .cab with the patch (If it's not patched already) :)

Guest rfarrah
The release that came out is XXX_Lang_0409_DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640. I'll break it out

XXX- File name, can be anything like base,common,browsing, etc. I can use these files since they work with all builds, They are the "Core" of the build

Lang_0409- English, which is fine

DPI_192- No match, ours is DPI_96. (Touch screen resolutions. Device DPI determines the icon size). Had to use 28205's. No effect on performance, but if any icons were changed, I don't have them

RESH_480_RESV_640- No match, our is RESH_240_RESV_400 (Resolution horizontal/Resolution Vertical). It's WQVGA specific on a DPI96 Res. Had to use 28205's files. No effect on performance, only tasks, backgrounds, media player, phone and redist use this to make sure they match the screen size.

So no performance issues, I just like to get a whole new build (Like getting a new car with your old car seats B)) works just fine since 9PM last night. No new email menu/ threaded email- old style still

Time Bomb- To be honest I didn't even check, there's a chance since this was structured for cooking that it's patched. Every new build comes with a time-bomb, meaning it will stop running on a specific date. The chefs usually fix/patch it before posting. I didn't this time since I know that we will have some new builds coming our way. I promise that if this is the last build I'll post a .cab with the patch (If it's not patched already) :)

Thanks for the fast reply. I might just have to give this build a whirl this afternoon - haven't flashed since 28011!

Tell us about what you're hearing that's in the pipeline...can you share? Would these builds still be considered 6.5.3?

Guest lioryte
Thanks for the fast reply. I might just have to give this build a whirl this afternoon - haven't flashed since 28011!

Tell us about what you're hearing that's in the pipeline...can you share? Would these builds still be considered 6.5.3?

God knows. Looks like our devices won't be able to run WM 6.6. Definitely not WM7. So WM 6.5.X will be our final build that we can run. Lots of rumors about new builds coming out next month. I know as much as the next guy. I think WMD branch is WM 6.5.3 since its x.5.3.3

Guest rfarrah
God knows. Looks like our devices won't be able to run WM 6.6. Definitely not WM7. So WM 6.5.X will be our final build that we can run. Lots of rumors about new builds coming out next month. I know as much as the next guy. I think WMD branch is WM 6.5.3 since its x.5.3.3

Thanks for the info. UMDL is downloaded onto the new laptop; looks like I'm flashing a new ROM this afternoon. :)

Guest jezze boi

well, a timebomb means i'll HAVE TO flash again :)

i believe customizing the phone is the most fun part of having my omnia

always flash to customize again (SPB with Sense - rearranging the icons)

is there a way to backup the widget layout of SPB (3.5.3)?

there are days when it gets irritating to have to customize it all over again

Edited by jezze boi

Guest Charles Mims

I re-flashed your 23518 build last night because I broke something in it by installing a game. So I spent a bit of time getting things set back up just so I could use the phone until I could get all my customizations back on it today. Then I get up this morning and you've given me a new present! I feel like a kid in a candy store. I haven't had time to play much with it, but it "feels" faster. The main phone featuers are working like they are supposed to. Then I read where there are more in the pipeline??? I'm giddy! I'm not addicted...I'm not addicted...I'm not....

Guest rubadub234

Thanks Lioryte loving the new rom

Remember the scrolling problem in the email from a few roms ago - it works very well in this one

everything does feel faster

only problem ive seen so far is that the start menu is locked and i can't change any of the icons or the startmenu_gridscene

a few days ago, i said to myself - i dont think ill flash if a new rom comes out. Well I broke down in minutes and flashed :)

thanks again

is there a way to backup the widget layout of SPB (3.5.3)?

there are days when it gets irritating to have to customize it all over again

There is a backup utility hidden in the bottom of the SpbMS settings menu which works pretty good. Just hit the right soft key when in SpbMS settings and backup then the same for restore.

Guest lioryte
Hello,

I need someone who is using XDA_UC to please PM me I'm in need for 1/2 testers for 28217 TellMe+VM+XDA_UC ROM

Big, big thank you to rfarrah, rubadub234 who has been testing builds up until 1AM and also thanks to cac2us and btben who are willing to be testers. You'll get your chance later on today :) (I'm off to the Miami Metro Zoo)

Unfortunately, XDA_UC is still causing issues. I have it running at startup but not installing 100% of cab files. Another issue is that it disable the modem so no data when I cook it in. I'll try to fix it later on today- I'm sorry for not being able to make it 100% yet, I'm sure I will at some point.

Guest rfarrah
Big, big thank you to rfarrah, rubadub234 who has been testing builds up until 1AM and also thanks to cac2us and btben who are willing to be testers. You'll get your chance later on today B) (I'm off to the Miami Metro Zoo)

Unfortunately, XDA_UC is still causing issues. I have it running at startup but not installing 100% of cab files. Another issue is that it disable the modem so no data when I cook it in. I'll try to fix it later on today- I'm sorry for not being able to make it 100% yet, I'm sure I will at some point.

We're standing by..... :)