[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest Chemit5
Look in post 2

GPS>Bing I uploaded V5.1.2010 which is the latest one

GPS>I uploaded GoogleMaps V4.1 which is the latest one as well

Not sure about which bing/ google map files you are talking about though, so plz lemmie know so i can fix it.

Aargh, newbie post! You're absolutely right, for some reason I thought you had baked in Bing and Google in a newer ROM. My mistake. However, thanks for all of the apps in post 2, it has saved me a ton of time tracking them all down. I've been trying to read all of the previous posts to get up to speed. Now, I have found one quirk with the 23670 build that I think was addressed and fixed in an earlier CF03 based ROM. I loaded the Abstract Blue theme (very nice!), but the dialer skin still matches the loryte base theme. The easy solution is to load your new build and keep the base theme, but I'm trying to learn. I have tried enabling the default Samsung skin in the registry (post 27), but doesn't look right, so I'm guessing next is: GreenButton (post 23) with iDialer and Titanium Default restore (post 2)? Thanks again! Great job!

Guest rubadub234
Post 1 updated and 23128 Aase/ TellMe ROMs are ready for download.

New in this Version:

* The newest build with the newest AKU 5308.

* Added a procedure to compress all .png files in the cooking procedure to enhance speed and memory. (170.5/179 in pure base)

* Added tweaks to try and improve scrolling while in email screen.

Attached is 23218 SYSVersion report- No Change logs yet as my builds are not up-to date. (yet :))

For anyone that had an issue with email scrolling, please feedback.

Thanks

Edit- Forgot the attechment :D

email problem fixed! - thanks lioryte, as always, you rock!

did a screen rotation test vs my ipod touch. the omnia runs maybe about a half second behind. very impressive!

i will post any problems, but none so far

Guest marioval
Post 2 Updated, bing and google maps are in .7z format but ain't showing for some reason. In any way, I would like to encourage everyone to try it out- It was working great for me the i910 ain't got that many quality FREE turn-by-turn voice navigation apps with speech recognition :)

Also, 23128 is up and running but nothing to report about that is missing from 23670...

I'm working on adding procedures to the kitchen and getting a little more memory space while making the ROM faster, getting good results with the experiments, I'll implement it to the next release

Just my 2 Cents. The old Bing app was fantastic for everything but useless for navigation. The new Bing app is fantastic for navigation but useless for everything else. No more gas price search listed from cheapest to most expensive. the Movie listing search now just shows a few movies and you can no longer sort by theater. Much less finger friendly. A horrible step backwards if you ask me. If only there was a way to have them both installed at the same time??

Guest rccadman

I am running 23670 with Titanium weather installed, nothing else. I am having a problem with the weather portion. Titanium radar gives me the error"Unable to download file. The server might be experiencing difficulties or the URL may be invalid" And when I click the MSN weather widget it gives me the error"Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename." I have tried running mortscript and searching this thread.

Guest lioryte
I am running 23670 with Titanium weather installed, nothing else. I am having a problem with the weather portion. Titanium radar gives me the error"Unable to download file. The server might be experiencing difficulties or the URL may be invalid" And when I click the MSN weather widget it gives me the error"Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename." I have tried running mortscript and searching this thread.

I always have titanium weather installed and it running no issues

Which titanium weather are you using? make sure all are installed to /memory, if they are try a SR... Sorry I'm not familiar with this issue

Guest lioryte
Just my 2 Cents. The old Bing app was fantastic for everything but useless for navigation. The new Bing app is fantastic for navigation but useless for everything else. No more gas price search listed from cheapest to most expensive. the Movie listing search now just shows a few movies and you can no longer sort by theater. Much less finger friendly. A horrible step backwards if you ask me. If only there was a way to have them both installed at the same time??

Lemmie see if I can change some settings...

Guest rccadman
I always have titanium weather installed and it running no issues

Which titanium weather are you using? make sure all are installed to /memory, if they are try a SR... Sorry I'm not familiar with this issue

Thanks for the quick reply! I am using Showaco_TitaniumWeather_v42_T_Model, is installed to memory and tried soft reset. thanks again for a great ROM!!!

Edited by rccadman

Guest lioryte
Thanks for the quick reply! I am using Showaco_TitaniumWeather_v42_T_Model, is installed to memory and tried soft reset. thanks again for a great ROM!!!

NP- So after the soft reset is it still giving you issues?

Edit- Also did you set titanium to your location?

Edited by lioryte

Guest rccadman

NP- So after the soft reset is it still giving you issues?

Edit- Also did you set titanium to your location?

[/quote

After both of those still a no go!

But I did get some time so I made a new CF03 one for myself, I was thinkin' why not throw it out there for our lovely (now less than 10 members) community...

make that 11...

just took a chance to look and this is great news for me... i can move to DC22 with your ROM (still at 28205.5.3.3) - still the best IMHO

was looking at Droid Incedible then saw X.. may wait for Pro as you mentioned for 2 cameras

thanks again for sharing .. will flash this weekend...

Guest marioval

Does anyone have a cab for a working version of MusicID/Shazam (or something similar) that is known to work on this ROM? I have found several on other sites and while the apps do install and launch, they just don't seem to ever successfully ID any songs, at all!! Thanks

Guest lioryte
does this kb works with your new dc22 base ROM

really glad you're sticking around for awhile

thanks again for sharing

SwypeOmnia.rar

NP. Be aware of the regulation about Swype, see sticky at the top, don't wanna see you get in trouble :angry:

Thanks lioryte,will flash and test tomorrow.

Cool, plz feedback

Does anyone have a cab for a working version of MusicID/Shazam (or something similar) that is known to work on this ROM? I have found several on other sites and while the apps do install and launch, they just don't seem to ever successfully ID any songs, at all!! Thanks

Look at post 2 for a Samsung one called Midiomi - should work

Guest lioryte
Does anybody have the default Samsung ringtones/ringers?

Look HERE at Shokka9's excellent section. Some stuff will work, some might not :angry: Ringtones will :D

Guest lioryte

Attention all XDA_UC users

As you all know I never inserted it into my ROMs. There was a mortscript based .cab that didn't work as should.

Now I've found a very interesting thread, a c based xda_UC .cab file, looks like it's working pretty close and has more features than the old XDA_UC.

Try it out at the developer's site- if it's working as it should than I'll add it to the first post, I like it since just like Sashimi it's a .cab file no need to cook it in :angry:

HERE is the thread, plz read before installing

Guest lioryte
FingerKeyb-2.1-WQVGA[1].cab....from the cab section

So fingerkeyboard 2.1 from post 2 isn't working as it should? could I please get a conformation?

Aargh, newbie post! You're absolutely right, for some reason I thought you had baked in Bing and Google in a newer ROM. My mistake. However, thanks for all of the apps in post 2, it has saved me a ton of time tracking them all down. I've been trying to read all of the previous posts to get up to speed. Now, I have found one quirk with the 23670 build that I think was addressed and fixed in an earlier CF03 based ROM. I loaded the Abstract Blue theme (very nice!), but the dialer skin still matches the loryte base theme. The easy solution is to load your new build and keep the base theme, but I'm trying to learn. I have tried enabling the default Samsung skin in the registry (post 27), but doesn't look right, so I'm guessing next is: GreenButton (post 23) with iDialer and Titanium Default restore (post 2)? Thanks again! Great job!

Great Idea I'll add a phone background to all themes. Will take awhile tough

Guest Amtrak23
So fingerkeyboard 2.1 from post 2 isn't working as it should? could I please get a conformation?

Great Idea I'll add a phone background to all themes. Will take awhile tough

It's not working for me, but I believe it is just my screen. Vertically it works ok, horizontally I can't hit "a" or "," no matter how hard I try. If I align the screen and purposely mis-align it there I can get better "a" and "," use, but then other letters are off, and then so are other items, like links, etc. in other programs.

I rolled back to the stock Verizon rom, and still had problems with letters in that area on the default keyboard, which leads me to believe it is my phone, not a problem with fkeyboard. Why it started once I upgraded to the dc22 rom....I will just chalk that up to coincidence.

Guest marioval
Look at post 2 for a Samsung one called Midiomi - should work

Thanks for the link to to Midomi in Post # 2. I installed it and although it does work, none of the soft keys are working nor any of the buttons along the top of the app. I need to use the directional touch thing between the Send/End keys to move around and I cant access any of the menu options under the soft keys. I Googled around and found another version where everything is working. Perhaps you can add this cab to Post # 2. It was created by someone named Guado_69.

Direct Link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QPC8MXTJ

Found here on Post # 126

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/291272/...0/#entry1249298

Edited by marioval

Hi Lioryte,

I have been using V23518 for a few months and I decided yesterday to upgrade to DC22 and use your V23670 firmware. I really like your base roms and how fast they are. The upgrade process went smoothly, but there is one feature missing:

Under settings->personal->buttons->end key there used to be an option under V23518 to either lock the device or disconnect data calls, but now on V23670 I can only choose lock device. I also checked for the setting under settings->personal->phone->services for any related setting, but there's nothing there either.

I'm not sure if the end data call feature was erased with DC22 or with V23670, but it was very useful to me since my phone would always reconnect itself to the cell network.

Guest lioryte
Thanks for the link to to Midomi in Post # 2. I installed it and although it does work, none of the soft keys are working nor any of the buttons along the top of the app. I need to use the directional touch thing between the Send/End keys to move around and I cant access any of the menu options under the soft keys. I Googled around and found another version where everything is working. Perhaps you can add this cab to Post # 2. It was created by someone named Guado_69.

Direct Link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QPC8MXTJ

Found here on Post # 126

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/291272/...0/#entry1249298

Thanx for the update, I'll add it do post 2 later today. Great find!

Hi Lioryte,

I have been using V23518 for a few months and I decided yesterday to upgrade to DC22 and use your V23670 firmware. I really like your base roms and how fast they are. The upgrade process went smoothly, but there is one feature missing:

Under settings->personal->buttons->end key there used to be an option under V23518 to either lock the device or disconnect data calls, but now on V23670 I can only choose lock device. I also checked for the setting under settings->personal->phone->services for any related setting, but there's nothing there either.

I'm not sure if the end data call feature was erased with DC22 or with V23670, but it was very useful to me since my phone would always reconnect itself to the cell network.

Yea I know I forgot to add/cook the dll. to 23670, the end data was never an option for the i910. It's in 23128 though. I can't .cab it now but try the data disconnect on post 2 if you're not up for an update

Guest Chemit5
It's not working for me, but I believe it is just my screen. Vertically it works ok, horizontally I can't hit "a" or "," no matter how hard I try. If I align the screen and purposely mis-align it there I can get better "a" and "," use, but then other letters are off, and then so are other items, like links, etc. in other programs.

I rolled back to the stock Verizon rom, and still had problems with letters in that area on the default keyboard, which leads me to believe it is my phone, not a problem with fkeyboard. Why it started once I upgraded to the dc22 rom....I will just chalk that up to coincidence.

You're not alone with this problem. My wife's phone has also been having the same problem for a couple of months now, and her phone has never been upgraded. The touch screen just doesn't work on the side of the screen anymore.