[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest ibrubeer

I've been using 23569 for about a week. I just noticed that it will not let me scroll web pages or emails when in landscape mode. Is anybody else having this problem? Is it something I did?

Guest rubadub234
Agreed!!!!! If I am going to pay for an upgrade, I want a real upgrade.

As a long time Lioryte ROM user (thanks again) and current Droid X owner, I can honestly say you guys are smokin bananas. The Verizon 4G network wont be completely onlne until 2013, so you could be waiting for something you might not even have access to.

I consider and the 1"+ increase in screen and a gps that connects in 5 seconds a pretty decent upgrade. lol

Come on people, drink the kool-aid and come on over :D :D ;)

Guest lioryte
As a long time Lioryte ROM user (thanks again) and current Droid X owner, I can honestly say you guys are smokin bananas. The Verizon 4G network wont be completely onlne until 2013, so you could be waiting for something you might not even have access to.

I consider and the 1"+ increase in screen and a gps that connects in 5 seconds a pretty decent upgrade. lol

Come on people, drink the kool-aid and come on over :D :D ;)

The DX is a HUGH improvement. The screen AND the GPS are good enough reason. Agreed. BUT the dual core phones are right around the corner... and I want a front-facing camera and global roaming... I don't care about 4G, I have my phone set to 2G most of the time (it saves battery)...My dream phone as of now is the EVO :D

Guest lioryte
I've been using 23569 for about a week. I just noticed that it will not let me scroll web pages or emails when in landscape mode. Is anybody else having this problem? Is it something I did?

Since I don't cook in the FTouch engine anymore (my own selfish reasons) the touch engine is Samsung. I'm not on 23569 so I'm not sure about what it is. You might want to press and hold and than scroll to see if it's working for you. If scrolling works in portrait it should work the same in landscape, unless the build is broken. (Maybe that's why no COM 5 was released and branch is dead?)

Guest lioryte

Post 1 updated with WM 6.5 latest build 21915 AKU5095 Windows CE:5.2 Build 3833 (Aug 6 2010 16:49:39)

I wanted to see what has changed if anything with WM 6.5 .vs 6.5.X. It was stable, quick and responsive for me the whole day. It was a good reminder for me to why WM 6.5.X saved me from throwing the Omnia away. Not so finger friendly. However, for those of you that want to use the most up-to-date WM6.5 that is compatible with 99% of WM 6.1 programs/apps (start menu on top, as well as X/close program).

Also, I added a little somethin', more on it with the next WM 6.5.X release :D

Edited by lioryte

Guest rubadub234
The DX is a HUGH improvement. The screen AND the GPS are good enough reason. Agreed. BUT the dual core phones are right around the corner... and I want a front-facing camera and global roaming... I don't care about 4G, I have my phone set to 2G most of the time (it saves battery)...My dream phone as of now is the EVO :D

I can see our priorities are different, as most peoples are

front facing cameras are a little freeky to me, i would get the feeling someone was looking up my nose when I'm talking to them. ;)

so are you thinking WM7 or Android? or, dare i say it, iphone? gasp! - dont cross over to the dark side :D :D

Guest lioryte
I can see our priorities are different, as most peoples are

front facing cameras are a little freeky to me, i would get the feeling someone was looking up my nose when I'm talking to them. ;)

so are you thinking WM7 or Android? or, dare i say it, iphone? gasp! - dont cross over to the dark side :D :D

I honestly don't know right now :D I thought android for sure but I like what I saw about wp7... As for the iphone- too late for me I wouldn't know what to do with a phone that "just works"

Edit- wp7 for me and an android for my wife lol I'll just "borrow her phone" every now and than :D

Edited by lioryte

Guest ibrubeer
Since I don't cook in the FTouch engine anymore (my own selfish reasons) the touch engine is Samsung. I'm not on 23569 so I'm not sure about what it is. You might want to press and hold and than scroll to see if it's working for you. If scrolling works in portrait it should work the same in landscape, unless the build is broken. (Maybe that's why no COM 5 was released and branch is dead?)

I thought it was just a problem in emails and browsers, but I think it is a landscape problem all around. Even the email list won't scroll in Landscape. I can press and hold and get it to move up, but as soon as you lift your finger it snaps back to the top. Sometimes, I can get a web page to scroll up about a whole page or so, but the next flick is likely to snap it back up to the top. Actually, I believe that it happens in all programs when in landscape mode. Even when in SPB Mobile Shell, if on the "Recent Programs" screen, it won't let me flick the screen up to see what's down below. It has to be something broken in the build. It appears to be just with the "finger" use, though. If there is a scrollbar on the side, I can use the mouse and click it down 1 line or page at a time and it works perfectly.

I don't really mind this bug except when viewing web pages. Those are mostly only useful when viewing in landscape. Everything else, I usually view in portrait mode anyway. Now, I need to find another build. You said that 23129 isn't very finger friendly, so I'm not sure that would be a step in the right direction. Anybody have any luck with 25021/23563/23670? Any of these builds appear to work without any strange bugs?

Guest lioryte
I thought it was just a problem in emails and browsers, but I think it is a landscape problem all around. Eventhe email list won't scroll in Landscape. I can press and hold and get it to move up, but as soon as you lift your finger it snaps back to the top. Sometimes, I can get a web page to scroll up about a whole page or so, but the next flick is likely to snap it back up to the top. Actually, I believe that it happens in all programs when in landscape mode. Even when in SPB Mobile Shell, if on the "Recent Programs" screen, it won't let me flick the screen up to see what's down below. It has to be something broken in the build. It appears to be just with the "finger" use, though. If there is a scrollbar on the side, I can use the mouse and click it down 1 line or page at a time and it works perfectly.

I don't really mind this bug except when viewing web pages. Those are mostly only useful when viewing in landscape. Everything else, I usually view in portrait mode anyway. Now, I need to find another build. You said that 23129 isn't very finger friendly, so I'm not sure that would be a step in the right direction. Anybody have any luck with 25021/23563/23670? Any of these builds appear to work without any strange bugs?

No 23129 IS finger friendly it's the latest WM 6.5.X. 21915 which is WM 6.5 isn't as finger friendly as WM 6.5.X (As are all WM 6.5)

I would go with 23129 I don't remember running into any issues with it but I'm on a new build already testing some new stuff :D

Guest ibrubeer
No 23129 IS finger friendly it's the latest WM 6.5.X. 21915 which is WM 6.5 isn't as finger friendly as WM 6.5.X (As are all WM 6.5)

I would go with 23129 I don't remember running into any issues with it but I'm on a new build already testing some new stuff :D

Perfect! Thanks for the suggestion. I'm downloading 23129 right now. I tried to look up what exactly 23129 was, but couldn't really find it. What does "* Latest AKU 5308" from post #1826 mean? Glad that the email reply got fixed in it though....

Guest lioryte
Perfect! Thanks for the suggestion. I'm downloading 23129 right now. I tried to look up what exactly 23129 was, but couldn't really find it. What does "* Latest AKU 5308" from post #1826 mean? Glad that the email reply got fixed in it though....

Well I hope it's working for ya. AKU is sort of the build number so 23129 is the latest one at 5308 Vs the rest were 5307.

Guest iandy1

Hi lioryte!

Flashed both 25021 and 23129.

25021 is very fast and working well, but like need a little more touch response.

23129 find it just a little slower than 25021, but with better touch response.

Remember about an app or reg edit that improves the touch response of the screen,

if you can please give me a few hints about.

Read that you are already testing something new, some hints about?

Thanks.

Guest lioryte
Hi lioryte!

Flashed both 25021 and 23129.

25021 is very fast and working well, but like need a little more touch response.

23129 find it just a little slower than 25021, but with better touch response.

Remember about an app or reg edit that improves the touch response of the screen,

if you can please give me a few hints about.

Read that you are already testing something new, some hints about?

Thanks.

So for the touch response, The new kitchen I have been working with just ignore FTouch (scroll engine) no matter how I try to cook it in it's still not taking so I just left it out. I might try to fix it again since I am the only one liking the true kinetic scroll. I have all the registry tweaks cooked in... I'll try to come up with somethin' hopefully by the end of the W/E maybe.

I'll be releasing 2-3 new builds today/tomorrow 23130, 25024 and 22037

231XX is a branch that isn't associated with any company as far as we know

250XX, 220XX are both sonny device builds that's about all I know about them...

New releases will have a few new cool features :D

Later

Guest ibrubeer
So for the touch response, The new kitchen I have been working with just ignore FTouch (scroll engine) no matter how I try to cook it in it's still not taking so I just left it out. I might try to fix it again since I am the only one liking the true kinetic scroll. I have all the registry tweaks cooked in... I'll try to come up with somethin' hopefully by the end of the W/E maybe.

I'll be releasing 2-3 new builds today/tomorrow 23130, 25024 and 22037

231XX is a branch that isn't associated with any company as far as we know

250XX, 220XX are both sonny device builds that's about all I know about them...

New releases will have a few new cool features :D

Later

I am using 23569, and I really don't notice a difference in terms of kinetic scrolling from what I was using before (23551). Maybe because I am using SBP Mobile Shell? I give the screen a flick and it moves just like it did before in emails, and menus and such. The one thing that I DO notice, is that it takes more pressure on the screen than it used to. THAT I don't like. Also, the response in general for 23569 seems a little sluggish.

I was set to flash to 23129, but since you are on the verge of putting up 23130 I will just wait for that.

In reference to the question from iandy1 about an app to improve the touch screen, I ran across a file on my computer called TouchResponse_v0_3_2.CAB that I had forgotten about. Would that help things?

Guest lioryte
I am using 23569, and I really don't notice a difference in terms of kinetic scrolling from what I was using before (23551). Maybe because I am using SBP Mobile Shell? I give the screen a flick and it moves just like it did before in emails, and menus and such. The one thing that I DO notice, is that it takes more pressure on the screen than it used to. THAT I don't like. Also, the response in general for 23569 seems a little sluggish.

I was set to flash to 23129, but since you are on the verge of putting up 23130 I will just wait for that.

In reference to the question from iandy1 about an app to improve the touch screen, I ran across a file on my computer called TouchResponse_v0_3_2.CAB that I had forgotten about. Would that help things?

Maybe... I don't really know- Try it out and lemme know

I managed to get FTouch to cook and according to all my testing it's working/ double checking the registry and it all points OK but the scrolling just not there. (I was at it to 2AM :D ) This might be something with the new kitchen I'm working with. I think I managed to fix one issue- looks like the screen is more responsive but as for the scrolling it is what it is for now. I'll try to see if I can fix it but as I don't really see any issue with it I won't go crazy

Guest iandy1
Maybe... I don't really know- Try it out and lemme know

I managed to get FTouch to cook and according to all my testing it's working/ double checking the registry and it all points OK but the scrolling just not there. (I was at it to 2AM :D ) This might be something with the new kitchen I'm working with. I think I managed to fix one issue- looks like the screen is more responsive but as for the scrolling it is what it is for now. I'll try to see if I can fix it but as I don't really see any issue with it I won't go crazy

Thanks lioryte, and ibrubeer.

Already using the Touch Response cab, it adds control over haptic feedback.

Trying to find out about an app or reg setting that allows to control and improve the response of the screen in terms of pressure you make on it.

Maybe was Advance Configuration. Will find that cab on my HD and try it.

Lioryte, please don't go crazy over FTouch, I am happy with the Samsung scrolling, so you are not the only one.

Appreciate your hard work.

Thanks.

Guest lioryte

Post 1 updated with 23130, 25024, 22037 all ready for download.

* I have tried to get the touch engine to work but for some reason it's not working. FTouchSLDll.dll is in \Windows and the reg. settings are there at HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH and so IDK why the default scrolling is still at effect.

Release notes:

File Explorer has been modified to V 2.6

* ROM files are also modified to display module

* ROM can paste modified to overwrite the file

* Modified to change the column width can not be wrong

* WM6.5 compatible

* Add operations in WM6.5

# Resizable header for easy sorting by file name, date of last modification or size

# Tree view of folders; you can now jump easily from a location to any other on your device in one step

# Show extension option for those who ask themselves the same question I do: “What type of file is this?

# Icon view that enables the display of files as icons similar to your desktop computer

# Real time image preview; now you don’t have to open several files in order to send the one you desire

# Open with Program allows you easily select an application to open the specific file you select

(useful in case you don’t have the correct file associations or when you want Album app to open your images instead of

Windows default picture viewer.

# File property context menu for easy renaming and attribute changing

# Open all executables with Parameters in case you need a special parameter when launching an application

# Sending shortcut to Programs for instant shortcut creation of executables placed directly in Programs folder

in Start Menu.

===========

New transparent phat phingerz by laurie9300

===========

Threaded Email added and a modified ,dll to fix any reply issues

===========

Fix issue with "shadow" ringtone names being present showing as curropted files

===========

Guest iandy1

* I have tried to get the touch engine to work but for some reason it's not working. FTouchSLDll.dll is in \Windows and the reg. settings are there at HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH and so IDK why the default scrolling is still at effect.

Release notes:

File Explorer has been modified to V 2.6

* ROM files are also modified to display module

* ROM can paste modified to overwrite the file

* Modified to change the column width can not be wrong

* WM6.5 compatible

* Add operations in WM6.5

# Resizable header for easy sorting by file name, date of last modification or size

# Tree view of folders; you can now jump easily from a location to any other on your device in one step

# Show extension option for those who ask themselves the same question I do: “What type of file is this?

# Icon view that enables the display of files as icons similar to your desktop computer

# Real time image preview; now you don’t have to open several files in order to send the one you desire

# Open with Program allows you easily select an application to open the specific file you select

(useful in case you don’t have the correct file associations or when you want Album app to open your images instead of

Windows default picture viewer.

# File property context menu for easy renaming and attribute changing

# Open all executables with Parameters in case you need a special parameter when launching an application

# Sending shortcut to Programs for instant shortcut creation of executables placed directly in Programs folder

in Start Menu.

===========

New transparent phat phingerz by laurie9300

===========

Threaded Email added and a modified ,dll to fix any reply issues

===========

Fix issue with "shadow" ringtone names being present showing as curropted files

===========

Great!

Will try at least one tonight/today.

Thanks lioryte.

Guest jlc0005

Wow! Thanks, Lioryte! Which one is your favorite?... I would like to try one, but I'm no flashaholic. Still using your 23670_TellMe_VM_Office_V1.7z and all is still good.

Guest The Eleven

HELP. I just upgraded to 23130 w/ Office and Tellme. For some reason I've lost my data connection. I remember this happenning many moons ago, but I can't remember the fix. It is asking for my User Name, Password and Domain. I'm on Verizon. I think one of them is the last four digits of my number, but again, I can't remember. Anybody???