[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest ibrubeer
I installed the 28240 ROM and added SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3. So far, I'm loving it.

I installed 28240 briefly, and it was acting a little sluggish for me. I flashed back to the last solid rom that I had used - 23551. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I am wondering if somehow sashimi is involved with recent problems. I JUST started using it. It simplifies flashing, but even 23551 seems to run more sluggish than before. And the screen alignment is still off. Starting to think it is a hardware thing (digitizer?). This phone isn't old enough to have this many problems (I think I've said the same thing about myself)! :)

Guest lioryte

:)

Folks, my i910 isn't going to make it to the holidays... ;) digitizer, battery contacts are off (so i have to place it really soft on any surface)... I depend on my phone for business it needs to be 100% functional.

I'll upload my kitchen later on this week. It's been a great ride with the ol' i910

Guest peperonikiller

Folks, my i910 isn't going to make it to the holidays... ;) digitizer, battery contacts are off (so i have to place it really soft on any surface)... I depend on my phone for business it needs to be 100% functional.

I'll upload my kitchen later on this week. It's been a great ride with the ol' i910

my digitizer went kaput a couple weeks back. poor Omnia, but I ordered an unbranded digitizer for $8

Guest Micallen

Uggh. Just as I start getting into this... and you seem to be the last still actively producing new ROMS. Well, I appreciate all the work you and the others have done !!!

Guest Micallen
I installed 28240 briefly, and it was acting a little sluggish for me. I flashed back to the last solid rom that I had used - 23551. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I am wondering if somehow sashimi is involved with recent problems. I JUST started using it. It simplifies flashing, but even 23551 seems to run more sluggish than before. And the screen alignment is still off. Starting to think it is a hardware thing (digitizer?). This phone isn't old enough to have this many problems (I think I've said the same thing about myself)! :)

Other than MMS issues, mine is doing really well.

Guest ibrubeer
Other than MMS issues, mine is doing really well.

Ah, yes. I forgot about the MMS issues. I may just stay with 23551 for now.

@peperonikiller - Is it easy to swap out a digitizer? Where did you get an unbranded one for $8? Do you notice any difference between unbranded and branded?

Guest BadBen

Lioryte, I upgraded to a Fascinate 2 weeks ago. My digitizer is off, but it still works. If you paypal me shipping costs I'll send mine out for you if you're interested? It's the least I can do for the work that I've benefitted from.

- Ben

Guest The Eleven
Lioryte, I upgraded to a Fascinate 2 weeks ago. My digitizer is off, but it still works. If you paypal me shipping costs I'll send mine out for you if you're interested? It's the least I can do for the work that I've benefitted from.

- Ben

I have a friend that recently upgraded to an iPhone. I think his i910 is just sitting in a drawer. If it will keep you in the game, I'll try and get it for you. Don't leave us! I think it's a short time until some great products will be available to us, but they're not here yet. Please don't give up on the i910 platform quite yet.

Guest peperonikiller
Ah, yes. I forgot about the MMS issues. I may just stay with 23551 for now.

@peperonikiller - Is it easy to swap out a digitizer? Where did you get an unbranded one for $8? Do you notice any difference between unbranded and branded?

You must have careful hands while taking your phone apart but to me it was pretty easy.. and I'm still waiting for my new digitizer to ship here. I bought it off ebay.

I followed this guide. http://www.formymobile.co.uk/omniadisassembly.php

Guest Sentinel88

Can anyone compare/contrast DC22 vs DC14 running underneath these roms?

Also, how about 28340 vs 23134? Are there any noteworthy bugs? I don't like to flash my phone very often, so I'm really looking for the most stable and best rom to flash with.

Finally, on the first page, the "Download V23133 TellMe+MS Office 2010+MS Voice" link actually points to 23134. This is 23134, not 33, correct?

Thanks!

Guest iandy1

Lioryte, Thanks for all your hard work for the Omnia.

Know you will be making great works for the new phone you finally choose.

Thanks again.

Guest jackal516
Rom Just updated, 158MB Free, samsung dialer. I strongly suggest to update to new version

Love the Rom (23134) But i cant seem to change the dialer either. IDK why i find it so hard to use this dialer . Is there a way you can put up a walk-thru? I really dont want to reflash.

great work.

Folks, my i910 isn't going to make it to the holidays... :) digitizer, battery contacts are off (so i have to place it really soft on any surface)... I depend on my phone for business it needs to be 100% functional.

I had the exact same happen to my Omnia.... Got a new digitizer off of eBay, wasn't too bad to replace. Also for the battery, i just put a small folded piece of paper on the top of my battery around the area of the gold contacts.

Edited by Entity

Guest imprezza86

Folks, my i910 isn't going to make it to the holidays... :) digitizer, battery contacts are off (so i have to place it really soft on any surface)... I depend on my phone for business it needs to be 100% functional.

I have a i910 for parts if you need one.

Guest lioryte

Folks,

Thank you so very much for all the help, but I have an update

My wife lost her phone, I had to go down to VZ and get her a new one...

Long story short, I think that the phone with the specs I'm looking for won't be out there until next year. I decided to upgrade the thing that broke me was that during a business meeting it died on me 3 times AND I couldn't put in a number through the touch screen :)

Ended up getting the Incredible, no particular reason, it was on the buy 1 get 1 deal. This phone is OK and the issues that were driving me crazy are now gone. responsive screen and instant GPS with google nav.

I'll upload my kitchen and instructions+links later on this week.

Later

Guest jlc0005
Ended up getting the Incredible, no particular reason, it was on the buy 1 get 1 deal. This phone is OK and the issues that were driving me crazy are now gone. responsive screen and instant GPS with google nav.

Best wishes with your new phone, Lioryte. Thanks so much for all your work!

Guest kevkavalier
Folks,

Thank you so very much for all the help, but I have an update

My wife lost her phone, I had to go down to VZ and get her a new one...

Long story short, I think that the phone with the specs I'm looking for won't be out there until next year. I decided to upgrade the thing that broke me was that during a business meeting it died on me 3 times AND I couldn't put in a number through the touch screen :)

I'll upload my kitchen and instructions+links later on this week.

Later

I'm surprised you didn't get the Samsung Fascinate with all the memory built in/brighter screen. after all, dosen't Samsung make the greatest WORKING phones???

Guest ibrubeer
I'm surprised you didn't get the Samsung Fascinate with all the memory built in/brighter screen. after all, dosen't Samsung make the greatest WORKING phones???

I was/am seriously considering getting the Fascinate. The only thing that is holding me up is that my favorite main apps that I use on the Omnia are not available yet for android. I already had to switch over to these paid apps when I moved from Palm to the Omnia. I kind of wanted to at least stay in the same companies... That would be my phone of choice now, though.

Guest kevkavalier

Just got this email:

Meet the new Windows Phone

The new Windows Phone 7 arrives in stores starting Monday, November 8. It's a different kind of phone, designed to get to everything you love easier and faster. We're giving our Windows Phone Insider subscribers direct access to the latest details.

Guest lioryte

Well, the DINC had buy 1 get 1. None are the phone I'm looking for so being a cheap SOB I took the cheaper route, knowing I'll upgrade within a year...

Just got this email:

Meet the new Windows Phone

The new Windows Phone 7 arrives in stores starting Monday, November 8. It's a different kind of phone, designed to get to everything you love easier and faster. We're giving our Windows Phone Insider subscribers direct access to the latest details.

Cool, thanx, I'll keep my eye out, it's within 30 days :)

Guest ibrubeer
Well, the DINC had buy 1 get 1. None are the phone I'm looking for so being a cheap SOB I took the cheaper route, knowing I'll upgrade within a year...

Cool, thanx, I'll keep my eye out, it's within 30 days :)

I had read somewhere that the Verizon CEO wasn't that hot on the Win 7 phones. I think he said that they weren't planning on adding any to Verizon until after the first of the year.

Guest lioryte

Well, I'll wait and see :)

DINC is rooted, it is fffffast. Now I have to learn how to cook, and do it well, all ROMs have minor issues :)

Next steps:

1. Uploading my kitchen + tutorial

2. Doing a naked, non phone multi-media only ROM (For my kids to play with :)). Maybe sometimes by the end of this month...

Later, g2g play with the DINC

Well, I'll wait and see :)

DINC is rooted, it is fffffast. Now I have to learn how to cook, and do it well, all ROMs have minor issues :)

Next steps:

1. Uploading my kitchen + tutorial

2. Doing a naked, non phone multi-media only ROM (For my kids to play with :)). Maybe sometimes by the end of this month...

Later, g2g play with the DINC

Thanks for all Lioryte and happy to see that you like your new DIncredible.

I made the change to Android some time ago with the HD2.

Yes, running it from a memory card but fast and stable enough for full time use.

Use WinMo on it sometimes.

Kept my Omnia month to month for my son, flashing your ROM's for him.

Now he got his own contract. (Sprint Epic 4G) so that will be the end of the Verizon month to month.

(2 phone bills are not healthy for anybody's finances)

Please later share your non phone ROM, think one of my nephews will be very happy.

Thanks for all.

Hi All,

Is MMS working on the latest ROM? I seem to recall reading that it wasn't. If not can anyone tell me what the best working ROM is that has MMS? I may not be flashing this phone much (ever?0 again so I want to leave it with a solid ROM.

Thanks. tom