Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest arirang
RC version of Photo Viewer has been posted at the Resco forums. Use that until the 'real' version comes out (today perhaps?)

/Chimp

no biggie, noniview is what i used prior to this--highly recommend. fast, stable, tap/swipe finger-friendly, and VERY intuitive. CAB [PPC English version] can be found here--download kicks in after 3 second countdown.

Edited by arirang

Guest Rob Storm
Rob,

I just noticed that in your 23511, the ABOUT shows 23511.5.5.0, while the VERSION shows 23081.

Just an FYI...

/Chimp

I know. The version is controlled by a text file in the windows dir. I got tired of always changing it. If you woulf like to change it, the file is "version.txt".

Post #3 Updated with fresh cooked 23511 with fixes for Photo Manager. Post 1 screenshots updated as well.

:D

I know. The version is controlled by a text file in the windows dir. I got tired of always changing it. If you woulf like to change it, the file is "version.txt".

Post #3 Updated with fresh cooked 23511 with fixes for Photo Manager. Post 1 screenshots updated as well.

Thanks for the 23511 update I really liking 23511 smooth and fast.

The keyboard is nice..

:( ;)

Guest cfprelude
Any chance of getting cab for the custom incoming call app? Been flashing so much (straight hooked) that i cant remember what ive tried....

Anyone have a cab for this? I love the fullscreens size without having to use another program (S2U etc just for that....)

Thanks

Guest Rob Storm
Does your ROM works with my I900? any alternative links i can download?

No, it is for the i910 only. Sorry.

Note about 28008 - Alarm still does not work when phone is in sleep mode. Found out the hard way this morning. Alarm does work when charging though.

Note about 28008 - Alarm still does not work when phone is in sleep mode. Found out the hard way this morning. Alarm does work when charging though.

I had that problem in 28005 with both the native alarm and G-Alarm. Make sure that the setting for "sound alarm even when the device is set to silent or vibrate" in alarm settings is checked.

If you are using G-Alarm this does not have to be set since it has it own "force sound". G-Alarm however does like to be installed late in the process and before Spb MS if you use it.

I have Sashimi set up to install about 10 cab's with G-Alarm and Spb MS being the last 2.

Edited by NilsE

Guest Rob Storm
I had that problem in 28005 with both the native alarm and G-Alarm. Make sure that the setting for "sound alarm even when the device is set to silent or vibrate" in alarm settings is checked.

If you are using G-Alarm this does not have to be set since it has it own "force sound". G-Alarm however does like to be installed late in the process and before Spb MS if you use it.

I have Sashimi set up to install about 10 cab's with G-Alarm and Spb MS being the last 2.

I do have the option checked and still have the issue.

I do have the option checked and still have the issue.

I just had a another thought. I now remember how I actually fixed it on one of your ROM's. I think it was in 28005 but all you need to do is put a link to \Windows\AlarmWatcher.exe in the startup folder if it is not there already..

If it is not there just run it and see if it fixes the problem.

Edited by NilsE

Guest Rob Storm
I just had a another thought. I now remember how I actually fixed it on one of your ROM's. I think it was in 28005 but all you need to do is put a link to \Windows\AlarmWatcher.exe in the startup folder if it is not there already..

If it is not there just run it and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks! Seems to have fixed the problem. Rebuilding 28008 for upload now.

I was just checking you rom file download counts on 4share.

28008 is way! ahead of 23511 & 21872 on downloads!

I've been quite happy with 23511 is this a dead "branch" or will there be more improvements to 23511?

I guess my question really should be, what the heck of the differences between 23511 & 28008 beyond what Lyoryte has written on his page one definitions?

Like I've stated before I really like your rom's for there pureness not alot of stuffing.

Thank You

:D :(

I am running v9 now and it is terrific. I did get the bluetooth internet sharing working...after a lot of trial and error I found that I have to initiate the bluetooth connection from my laptop instead of initiating the connection from the i910.

I did have a question...is there a way to make the screen lock automatically after an adjustable delay instead of having to manually hold down the end key? Also, is there a way to select what info appears on the locked screen?

Thanks...arniep

Guest arirang

I've been quite happy with 23511 is this a dead "branch" or will there be more improvements to 23511?

I guess my question really should be, what the heck of the differences between 23511 & 28008 beyond what Lyoryte has written on his page one definitions?

Like I've stated before I really like your rom's for there pureness not alot of stuffing.

Thank You

i've tried both branches, and 235xx seems to be more memory and battery frugal--your mileage may vary.

it's a "flash and forget" ROM. it's been several days, and i haven't had a lock-up, sleep/wake-up issue that has been reported with 28xxx branch.

whether 28xxx or 235xxx, unless there's a quantum leap [vs. incremental] in memory/battery management, GUI, etc., storm's 23511 is a hidden gem. it's the best ROM i've experienced going as far back as the heydays of adrenalyne, blazingwolf, and bgill. considering these are beta leaks, and/or ported from non-omnia phones, this is an amazing achievement.

Edited by arirang

Guest Rob Storm

Thank You

Personally, I prefer the 235xx builds myself. I think most people download the 28xxx builds as they think the higher the build, the newer the build. That is not necessarily so as they come from different com branches.

Guest cfprelude
Personally, I prefer the 235xx builds myself. I think most people download the 28xxx builds as they think the higher the build, the newer the build. That is not necessarily so as they come from different com branches.

+1 for the 235xxx builds.... very nice!

+1 for the 235xxx builds.... very nice!

+1 love the rom. I have been using EV/BGill's roms for a while now- this has been a nice departure since he went mia. I do have a newb? How would i change the icons on the weather panel? Thanks in advance.

+1 love the rom. I have been using EV/BGill's roms for a while now- this has been a nice departure since he went mia. I do have a newb? How would i change the icons on the weather panel? Thanks in advance.

NOT TO STEP ON STORM'S TOES!!! :D

Check out Lioryte page 2 i believe, plus toward the end of his post someone was talkin about that.

Hope its helps

NOT TO STEP ON STORM'S TOES!!! :D

Check out Lioryte page 2 i believe, plus toward the end of his post someone was talkin about that.

Hope its helps

Thanks for the info. I still could not get it to work. It just shows the default(spil) for the icon type after installing the cab.

Guest Rob Storm
Thanks for the info. I still could not get it to work. It just shows the default(spil) for the icon type after installing the cab.

Here is a link to Showaco's Titanium weather icon packs.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=12

Once you install the cab(s), you can change icon pack by going to Titanium Weather plugin on homescreen, select the "Menu" softkey, choose option 5 "Panel Display Options", then option 6 "Type of icons used".

Hope that helps!

Rob

Guest Wildman3064132

Im presently using Storm ROM 23511 and I noticed theres a file association issue, I cant play m.youtube in windows mobile player or TCPMP player also none of my videos even located on storage card like I usually done without opening app and open file through player. Is there a trick to get file association to save registration because every time I change it and save it the system converts back when phone is reboot

Any Assistance will be appeciated...

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest Rob Storm
Does anyone know if the 23511 rom has all the same features as the 28008 build?

I build all ROMS to have the same features.

NOTE - 1st post updated with build 28011 :D