Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Hi,

Do you know how to change the background image of the lock screen?

I haven't been able to change the background image to the one I want.

Thanks.

Sorry no ;)

I never tried because it dims so much that the image won't show up enough to be a issue to ME...

;) ;)

Guest thedeathofme

I just wanted to say thank you...

Finally after months of contemplation I just went for it and flashed to my first cooked ROM. I gotta tell you I'm lovin your Version 11 so far!

Very clean, and sharp, exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again!!!

Real quick... This maybe a stupid question, but when I installed the task bar top and bottom were black. Now they switched to blue, not sure what I screwed up. I did install SPB 3.5.2 but I looked to see in the themes section of SPB if maybe it changed the color, but I can't even change color from there at all. Any thoughts???

I'm sure I'll be back with some more questions in the next day or so lolĀ 

Edited by thedeathofme

Guest flanker1743

Rob,

Again, thanks so much for all your work with ROMs. I flashed BW's WM7 phone rom first, didn't like it because it felt too heavy, and I was flashing your ROMs ever since. They're light, not too overloaded, and work fantastic. Recently, I've been interested in throwing my hat in the ring. I don't exactly have time right now, but we'll see if that actually amounts to anything...it's exam week here so I've got my hands full, but I won't have anything to do over break ;)

Just wanted to say, thanks for all your work, and definitely keep it up! (because if I fail at this, I'll definitely be flashing back to your ROMs lol).

Guest DjCavin
Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried the optical mouse with 23511? Can't get it to work...

-Ben

Same thing here. cant really see how it would be usefull other than web surfing though.. Sure others would disagree. just my opinion.

Guest DjCavin

OK.. I'm not sure if this is just me being a noob here..

how Can I get the dialer to lock when I am talking on the phone? I checked the settings says it is supposed to lock after 2 seconds. it doesn't..

also.. when I am talking, the phone is constantly vibrating because my cheek is touching the screen... damn cheekbones..

I like the feedback when I am using the phone otherwise.. just not when I'm talking on the phone.. VERY distracting.

nmayer79..

Make sure your gps is on in the phone settings? (just my 1st thought..)

if you dont hit the my location.. can you get into the menu and select options - Use gps?

Screen0031.png

Guest nmayer79
OK.. I'm not sure if this is just me being a noob here..

how Can I get the dialer to lock when I am talking on the phone? I checked the settings says it is supposed to lock after 2 seconds. it doesn't..

also.. when I am talking, the phone is constantly vibrating because my cheek is touching the screen... damn cheekbones..

I like the feedback when I am using the phone otherwise.. just not when I'm talking on the phone.. VERY distracting.

nmayer79..

Make sure your gps is on in the phone settings? (just my 1st thought..)

if you dont hit the my location.. can you get into the menu and select options - Use gps?

Screen0031.png

Gps is on and it will search for sat's for a few seconds before it shuts off, or it just searches forever. the agps which it shows as soon as you open earth is not even close to being right but goole will stay open, ie do searches, give directions until i hit location button. I'm stumped, never had a problem before and i have flashed many times.

Guest thedeathofme

I've been trying to download Google Maps back into my phone after flashing. I went to m.google.com and it says "Sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your SH3G"... what?

Anyone else have this issue?

oh and this might be a dumb question but I can't seem to find where I turn on GPS

Guest DjCavin

1. use IE.. not opera.

2. Phone > options > services > GPS > Location ON (then soft reset your phone after hitting OK)

I've been trying to download Google Maps back into my phone after flashing. I went to m.google.com and it says "Sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your SH3G"... what?

Anyone else have this issue?

oh and this might be a dumb question but I can't seem to find where I turn on GPS

Guest thedeathofme
1. use IE.. not opera.

2. Phone > options > services > GPS > Location ON (then soft reset your phone after hitting OK)

Hey thanks... Before I saw your post I downloaded the cab on my PC and transfered it over to my Omnia then installed. That worked no problem.

I got one for you. I can't seem to get the task bars (top and bottom) to go back to the original black for some stupid reason. I was messing with background pics on the home screen and all the sudden they went blue on me. Same color in SPB mobile shell. can't seem to get it to change in either program. What the hell??!! ;) Ā 

Any thoughts?

Storm..

Can you look into adding SWYPE into the next version of 23511 or the upgraded 235XX rom ,When it come out??

leo001 also has a skin for SWYPE.

23511 is boring ;) ;) :P

All it does is work, no freezes,no screens of death ;) ;)

I flushed out my phone completely SD and all (formated) and reflashed to 23511 out of boredom I think I need a meeting.....

Thank You

:( :(

Guest arirang
23511 is boring ;) ;) :P

All it does is work, no freezes,no screens of death ;) ;)

:( :(

LOL...my rom wishlist would also include recently updated skyfire, and google maps [if cellular triangulation works, v.3.3 doesn't on mine].

Guest Rob Storm

Sorry for lack of answers last couple days, I was in PA visiting my grandmother who is in poor health. I will try to answer them sometime Sunday. Also will see if an update might be in order. ;)

Rob

Guest thedeathofme

Hey Rob... I wish your Grandmother well

Just wanted to see if you can please point me in the right direction when you get a chance with this task bar issue.

bluetaskbars.jpgĀ  Ā bluetaskbarsspb.jpg

I don't get it... After I flashed everything was black by default, then I was playing with adding a background photo and it went blue. I can't seem to change theme color in SPB Mobile Shell and / or WM 6.5. What happened, any idea? Ā 

Everything else is working great, although I'm still trying to configure and figure out "Showcase" and "Titanium Radar"

Thanks Rob

Edited by thedeathofme

Guest Rob Storm

I was able to make an External Package of Swype. It was a pain in the a** byt it was worth it. I have also left in my original black keyboard so you can switch between them and choose your preference.

Please check this ROM out (based on 28011). If everyone likes it, I will start including it in my ROMS.

Rob

http://www.4shared.com/file/172078781/93c1...28011Swype.html

Please give feedback! ;)

Thanks Rob. I will burn this one later today. SO far, 28011 has been very stable.

What player are people using now to play streaming video? Links would be a big help.

THanks...arniep

I was able to make an External Package of Swype. It was a pain in the a** byt it was worth it. I have also left in my original black keyboard so you can switch between them and choose your preference.

Please check this ROM out (based on 28011). If everyone likes it, I will start including it in my ROMS.

Rob

http://www.4shared.com/file/172078781/93c1...28011Swype.html

Please give feedback! ;)

Guest Rob Storm
Hey Rob... I wish your Grandmother well

Just wanted to see if you can please point me in the right direction when you get a chance with this task bar issue.

bluetaskbars.jpgĀ  Ā bluetaskbarsspb.jpg

I don't get it... After I flashed everything was black by default, then I was playing with adding a background photo and it went blue. I can't seem to change theme color in SPB Mobile Shell and / or WM 6.5. What happened, any idea? Ā 

Everything else is working great, although I'm still trying to configure and figure out "Showcase" and "Titanium Radar"

Thanks Rob

Let me see if I can create a tsk with the settings I use. May take me a bit

Guest thedeathofme
Let me see if I can create a tsk with the settings I use. May take me a bit

Awesome thanks... Take your time.

I know it sounds like such a minor thing but for me, it's killing the whole vibe of your ROM lol ;)

Edited by thedeathofme