Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm
+1 on the BEER ( pepsi) account

I updated my signature with a donations link. I do not expect anything but I can assure you that any donations will go directly to buying hardware and software to further customize the Omnia. ;)

Thanks for all the support .

Rob

Donation Link

I updated my signature with a donations link. I do not expect anything but I can assure you that any donations will go directly to buying hardware and software to further customize the Omnia. ;)

Thanks for all the support .

Rob

Donation Link

Thanks for the donation link it works GREAT

YOU WELL DESERVE IT

;) ;)

Guest thedeathofme
See if this works. ;)

Custom_Theme.CAB

Hey Rob... Didn't do anything. I mean it installed an all and said I needed to restart the phone, then everything came back exactly the same. ;)

btw, I'll be sending a donation your way soon as I can, thanks

Edited by thedeathofme

Guest Rob Storm
Hey Rob... Didn't do anything. I mean it installed an all and said I needed to restart the phone, then everything came back exactly the same. ;)

btw, I'll be sending a donation your way soon as I can, thanks

I figured as much on the cab. Give me a day and I will build a custom .tsk file

Sorry about that.

Rob

Guest Rob Storm

For some reason, I am unable to edit the header of this post. But, with that said.....

1st post updated with Version 12!! (28014)

I am including the Swype Keyboard also. I really like it.

Guest thedeathofme
I figured as much on the cab. Give me a day and I will build a custom .tsk file

Sorry about that.

Rob

thanks bro!

btw... if you could, please leave me some direction on exactly what to do with the .tsk file. I'm kind of a newbie ;)

Edited by thedeathofme

Guest punkwhan

Hi,

I've been using 25311 rom.

I like it except its touch sensitivity

It isn't quite as good as EVIDENCE's rom.

I wonder whether it's the rom version causing it or some REG edits are not quite optimum.

Also, anyone experiencing a lock-up problem with a screen lock on 25311?

Mine locks up everytime the phone has been lock for a few hours.

I'll try the latest Storm's rom and see.

Thank for your great effort coming up with the new rom so often.

Hi,

I wonder whether it's the rom version causing it or some REG edits are not quite optimum.

I used 25311 for several weeks but I was using ahen lockscreen.I don't recall any lock up while using the lockscreen,however if I powered off the screen somthing it lockup but a soft boot solved the issue.

I flashed this morning to 28014 so far its great as expected.

Added all my stuff and still can't "break it" ;)

I think Storm has another winner!!!

;) ;)

Guest pantsman

Not at all. I had random lock ups with everybody else's ROM, but not this one. I still end up restarting occasionally but other than a couple lock ups while installing stuff (might have just been impatient) I haven't used the reset button since I flashed 25311.

Storm, any chance you could either give a list of pros and cons, or even just changes, for different versions? Or does anybody know of a site that maintains information about different WM6.5 builds? I am tempted to try 28014 but am hesitant since 25311 is working pretty darn well for me and I can't find any information what 28014 would do for me.

Edited by pantsman

Guest Rob Storm
Not at all. I had random lock ups with everybody else's ROM, but not this one. I still end up restarting occasionally but other than a couple lock ups while installing stuff (might have just been impatient) I haven't used the reset button since I flashed 25311.

Storm, any chance you could either give a list of pros and cons, or even just changes, for different versions? Or does anybody know of a site that maintains information about different WM6.5 builds? I am tempted to try 28014 but am hesitant since 25311 is working pretty darn well for me and I can't find any information what 28014 would do for me.

I don't really have a "change-list" for the builds. I have benchmarked them though and have consistantly found the 280xx builds to be noticibly faster than the 235xx builds. I personally run 280xx on both my Omnias.

Guest Rob Storm
Hi,

Try doing a screen alignment on your phone and see if it helps. If it does, let me know. My touch sensitivity is working well on both my Omnias. I also dont have any lockup issues that I have seen. I use both my phones very regulary.

Guest punkwhan
I used 25311 for several weeks but I was using ahen lockscreen.I don't recall any lock up while using the lockscreen,however if I powered off the screen somthing it lockup but a soft boot solved the issue.

I flashed this morning to 28014 so far its great as expected.

Added all my stuff and still can't "break it" ;)

I think Storm has another winner!!!

;) ;)

Try doing a screen alignment on your phone and see if it helps. If it does, let me know. My touch sensitivity is working well on both my Omnias. I also dont have any lockup issues that I have seen. I use both my phones very regulary.

Thanks for all your responses.

It's gotta be something that I've installed then.

It's just an unlock process from lock screen that gives me a problem.

When I slided the bar to unlock, it's just stuck there forever w/o going back to home screen.

It also seems like the amount of time the phone has been locked affects the unlock time.

If it's been one or two hours, it unlocks within 10 secs which is still considered slow.

If it's been a few mintues, it unlocks and shows the home screen within 1 or 2 secs.

I think I had this problem with very early version of WM6.5 before.

Anyway, I'll try the latest rom and see.

Thanks.

I think it's stil

Guest br91655

I think I wore out a USB port on my computer by frequent flashing. It stopped recognizing my phone and my mouse. I plugged into another port and all is well. I guess I'll keep flashing until I wear that one out soon too. ;)

Guest stang7606
I don't really have a "change-list" for the builds. I have benchmarked them though and have consistantly found the 280xx builds to be noticibly faster than the 235xx builds. I personally run 280xx on both my Omnias.

Do the new 280xx builds still have the MS bug that leads to the volume controls being active while the phone is locked. I am sticking with your 235xx build since it is the one I found that does not have this issue.

Guest nmayer79

Hey rob thanks for the great roms! I see post #3 was updated also, any changes in 23511 or just added swype? Still can't google maps to work properly. Soon as i hit my location button google shuts down, and thats just the agps. If i turn gps on in maps then it will search for a min then shut off?? Tried uninstalling then installing in device memory, then my storage, but still no gps or agps?? Everything else works great, love tellme!! Think its worth going over to 28xxx?

Edited by nmayer79

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

is anyone else having issues with WLAN being recognized? It shows the WLAN in the network adapters list, but I am unable to use it. When I click on the connection manager, it shows Bluetooth and Phone but not WLAN.

Guest Rob Storm
is anyone else having issues with WLAN being recognized? It shows the WLAN in the network adapters list, but I am unable to use it. When I click on the connection manager, it shows Bluetooth and Phone but not WLAN.

Use a file manager to run the "wlanloader.exe" file in the Windows dir. Choose unload driver, wait 5 seconds, select load driver. Should fix the problem.

;)

Hey rob thanks for the great roms! I see post #3 was updated also, any changes in 23511 or just added swype? Still can't google maps to work properly. Soon as i hit my location button google shuts down, and thats just the agps. If i turn gps on in maps then it will search for a min then shut off?? Tried uninstalling then installing in device memory, then my storage, but still no gps or agps?? Everything else works great, love tellme!! Think its worth going over to 28xxx?

I'm guessing.... ;)

Do you have your device,in an effort to save battery power turning off to soon??

;) ;)

Guest chrisp304
I'm guessing.... ;)

Do you have your device,in an effort to save battery power turning off to soon??

;) ;)

It's an issue with Google Maps 3.3. Install Google Maps 3.2 over the top.

Guest TheEndGame7

THANK YOU Mr. Stom Sir!!!!! Perfect ROM!!! Really like it when kept dark/black like this... Keyboard is Perfection!!! Only thing is I'm using a VZW Omnia i910 flashed to (MetroPCS) and I figure its something in you ROM thats not making my GC Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24 for Verizon Wireless and trying to edit my WspHeader Settings... They Don't stick for the X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )

ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX part and thats all I need to get my Picture Messaging working correct... I've used diffrent Reg Edit Apps but none make the settings stick... Any Idea whats making it not stick??? Would it be a big process to add this App to the Rom but making the setting stick?

Edited by TheEndGame7

Guest The Swype Team

We see you have re-packaged our software and are distributing it. We are glad to hear that you guys like Swype, but we are obligated to state that we don't condone such activity nor support the result. Naturally those of you asking for new languages and features should wait until we launch a device in your market. Obviously, we won't support unlicensed versions of our software.

One might ask why we don't just release the .cab file ourselves and save everyone the hassle. The reason is that we have spent seven years building Swype and we want to try to make a living selling our software. That means someone needs to pay for it. Thus far, our business model is OEM licensing. We do plan to get to direct-to-consumer distribution but it is a different sort of business and thus it is hard to say when.

In the meantime, enjoy using Swype and please look out for a better, more integrated, and legal version coming soon to a phone near you.

Regards,

The Swype Team

PS. Our lawyer has asked us to remind everyone about copyright infringement and to inform you that Swype reserves all of its rights.