Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Not sure what to make of that message from swype. They did not request that we stop using it. Anyway....I am having a problem with swype...

It seems that every time my i910 (ROM 28014) does a soft reset, it also resets the kbd to samsung and I have to manually change it swype and run through the tutorial every time. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas of how to make swype the default and omit the mandatory tutorial?

Thanks...arniep

Edited by arniep

Guest The Swype Team

We see you have re-packaged our software and are distributing it. We are glad to hear that you guys like Swype, but we are obligated to state that we don't condone such activity nor support the result. Naturally those of you asking for new languages and features should wait until we launch a device in your market. Obviously, we won't support unlicensed versions of our software.

One might ask why we don't just release the .cab file ourselves and save everyone the hassle. The reason is that we have spent seven years building Swype and we want to try to make a living selling our software. That means someone needs to pay for it. Thus far, our business model is OEM licensing. We do plan to get to direct-to-consumer distribution but it is a different sort of business and thus it is hard to say when.

In the meantime, enjoy using Swype and please look out for a better, more integrated, and legal version coming soon to a phone near you.

Regards,

The Swype Team

PS. Our lawyer has asked us to remind everyone about copyright infringement and to inform you that Swype reserves all of its rights.

Guest Rob Storm
We see you have re-packaged our software and are distributing it. We are glad to hear that you guys like Swype, but we are obligated to state that we don't condone such activity nor support the result. Naturally those of you asking for new languages and features should wait until we launch a device in your market. Obviously, we won't support unlicensed versions of our software.

One might ask why we don't just release the .cab file ourselves and save everyone the hassle. The reason is that we have spent seven years building Swype and we want to try to make a living selling our software. That means someone needs to pay for it. Thus far, our business model is OEM licensing. We do plan to get to direct-to-consumer distribution but it is a different sort of business and thus it is hard to say when.

In the meantime, enjoy using Swype and please look out for a better, more integrated, and legal version coming soon to a phone near you.

Regards,

The Swype Team

PS. Our lawyer has asked us to remind everyone about copyright infringement and to inform you that Swype reserves all of its rights.

I would be interested in discussing OEM licensing with you. I can be reached via email at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm
Not sure what to make of that message from swype. They did not request that we stop using it. Anyway....I am having a problem with swype...

It seems that every time my i910 (ROM 28014) does a soft reset, it also resets the kbd to samsung and I have to manually change it swype and run through the tutorial every time. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas of how to make swype the default and omit the mandatory tutorial?

Thanks...arniep

Run this reg on your Omnia. It will make Swype the default keyboard. The ROM you are running has both the black Samsung keyboard as well as Swype.

Hopefully, after negotiating with "The Swype Team", I will be able to include it as my primary keyboard in future ROMs ;)

**Note** remove the ".txt" from the attached file before running on your phone.

Swype_Default.reg.txt

Thanks Rob.....will do that and report back.

--arniep

Run this reg on your Omnia. It will make Swype the default keyboard. The ROM you are running has both the black Samsung keyboard as well as Swype.

Hopefully, after negotiating with "The Swype Team", I will be able to include it as my primary keyboard in future ROMs ;)

**Note** remove the ".txt" from the attached file before running on your phone.

Swype_Default.reg.txt

Guest TheEndGame7

No disrespect but can i atleast get some kinda acknowledgement with any feedback on my question and conserns... I know im just a little guy here "Newbie" but damn...

Guest Rob Storm
THANK YOU Mr. Stom Sir!!!!! Perfect ROM!!! Really like it when kept dark/black like this... Keyboard is Perfection!!! Only thing is I'm using a VZW Omnia i910 flashed to (MetroPCS) and I figure its something in you ROM thats not making my GC Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24 for Verizon Wireless and trying to edit my WspHeader Settings... They Don't stick for the X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )

ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX part and thats all I need to get my Picture Messaging working correct... I've used diffrent Reg Edit Apps but none make the settings stick... Any Idea whats making it not stick??? Would it be a big process to add this App to the Rom but making the setting stick?

Sorry for the late reply. I really don't know the answer to your question but I will try to do some research and see if I can help.

Guest TheEndGame7
Sorry for the late reply. I really don't know the answer to your question but I will try to do some research and see if I can help.

I really appreciate you replying back... I Love this ROM and it would be Perfect to for me if I can just get that problem right... I've have had it working with other roms no problem but, for some reason after inputing my # with those settings and resetting my phone the (String) where my phone #'s go always goes back to blank... (X-DEVICE-MIN and X-metropcs-MDN) Not trying to give you any work cause I'm sure your busy with other things but, anything you can do I really and truely appreciate!

BTW: I'm using

Version 12.0 (28014)

Storm 28014 Version 12.0

Edited by TheEndGame7

Guest WhoTheHellAmI
Use a file manager to run the "wlanloader.exe" file in the Windows dir. Choose unload driver, wait 5 seconds, select load driver. Should fix the problem.

;)

didn't find wlanloader.exe anywhere on my device.

-edit-

Fixed the problem with a suggestion from Waremike32's most recent rom.

KNOWN ISSUES!!!!!

1. Wifi may disappear on you. If it does, toggle your wifi powersave in Settings->System->Power.

If I may suggest, it would help if you added this to the post, to be safe...may be an issue with the winmo build itself since it is happening in other people's roms as well.

Edited by WhoTheHellAmI

That did the trick, although for some reason I could not figure out how to get phmregedit to load that file. SO I just manually changed the key.

BTW, it seems like my battery is not lasting as long as it did on v11. Have you or anybody noticed lower battery life with v12?

--arniep

Thanks Rob.....will do that and report back.

--arniep

Guest JonathanIF
That did the trick, although for some reason I could not figure out how to get phmregedit to load that file. SO I just manually changed the key.

BTW, it seems like my battery is not lasting as long as it did on v11. Have you or anybody noticed lower battery life with v12?

--arniep

I tried to manually edit the key and ended up messing up my phone. I had to do a hard reset to fix it. I'd appreciate any advice on how to edit this key. Thanks!

Edited by JonathanIF

Guest nmayer79
It's an issue with Google Maps 3.3. Install Google Maps 3.2 over the top.

That did the trick!! Did a little search, found the cab for 3.2 and it works like a charm!!! Thanks, that was really getting me down on a otherwise perfect rom. kdkinc thanks for the replies as well, nother question, What you guys think, stay with 23511 or jump to 28014?? (its been over a week since my last drink, i mean flash)

Edited by nmayer79

Guest Arib0nd

I just flashed to 28014. Anyone else having problems getting the optical mouse to be enabled?

When I go to settings and click on the Optical Mouse Icon, nothing seems to happen.

Can anyone else confirm the same issue?

Thanks!

Guest PiterLabi
One might ask why we don't just release the .cab file ourselves and save everyone the hassle.

The reason is that we have spent seven years building Swype and we want to try to make a living selling our software. That means someone needs to pay for it.

It is more than 2 years that a similar keyboard called SlideIT is already available for download.

http://mobiletextinput.com/

;)

Guest Rob Storm
I just flashed to 28014. Anyone else having problems getting the optical mouse to be enabled?

When I go to settings and click on the Optical Mouse Icon, nothing seems to happen.

Can anyone else confirm the same issue?

Thanks!

Sorry about that. I meant to remove that icon for Optical Moune. The app you want to use is "Fingermouse" - Hope that helps. ;)

Guest WolfpackInCO

Here's one issue I've encountered. I've made the reg. change to get autosuggest on email/text (HKLM\System\Inbox\RecipientAutoComplete The DWORD value MaxSuggestions=4), but rather than working when I type in a few letters of the last name, I have to do that then press the backspace key once. Thoughts??

Guest jaycarl

There is a problem with scrolling within email and text msgs in Lioryte rom. Do you have this same issue in your rom?

Also, are there any issues with tellme cooked in your rom? Can you use it to compose and send text msgs without issue?

Thanks.

Guest punkwhan

It's not really related to this rom itself, but I need a help on this.

I use SPB backup to restore my contact and email from the previous rom.

Since I started using latest wm6.5 roms(I think those are ones with the new taskbar.), the email setting is not restored at all with SPB backup.

I had no problem with the earlier version of wm6.5 and 6.1.

Anyone having this issue with the new wm6.5 roms?

Your help is appreciated.

Edited by punkwhan

Guest jaycarl
It's not really related to this rom itself, but I need a help on this.

I use SPB backup to restore my contact and email from the previous rom.

Since I started using latest wm6.5 roms(I think those are ones with the new taskbar.), the email setting is not restored at all with SPB backup.

I had no problem with the earlier version of wm6.5 and 6.1.

Anyone having this issue with the new wm6.5 roms?

Your help is appreciated.

From what I have read it is not recommended to restore anything other then contacts on 6.5.1 roms. Even though, there are some who have difficulty when restoring only contacts using Spb backup. I personally use Pim backup for contacts only and have never had a problem.

Guest Rob Storm
There is a problem with scrolling within email and text msgs in Lioryte rom. Do you have this same issue in your rom?

Also, are there any issues with tellme cooked in your rom? Can you use it to compose and send text msgs without issue?

Thanks.

No problems with scrolling in email or any other app. Tellme works perfect. Give 28014 a whirl.

;)

Rob

Rob,

I just flashed 23088 and found that this is a great ROM.

IE works with the MSHTML set to 0.

The FM Radio dll is cooked in, so the cab works fine.

WindowsLive_0409.PPC2005_arm can be added.

I still have 43MBs free RAM after:

MobileShell with mskips, PocketPlus, GAlarm, Resco Today, PocketDigitalClock, CyberonVoiceSpeedDial running.

This is one SWEET ROM.

Thank you for allowing access for the FM Radio.

Most other ROMs have either FM Radio without MSHTML option or MSHTML option but the FM Radio cab doesn't work.

This will hold me over until I can take the time to learn the kitchen (WoZZeR999 posted one that looks fairly easy to work with).

I will be checking around for other ROMs that enable both the FM Radio and the MSHTML option.

So far your 23088 ROM fits all my needs.

Thank you so much.

Edited by cac2us

Guest jaycarl
No problems with scrolling in email or any other app. Tellme works perfect. Give 28014 a whirl.

;)

Rob

Very nice rom Storm. I flashed my backup phone with it and so far its fast and stable. Haven't found 1 issue yet with anything.

Thanks buddy.

Edited by jaycarl