Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest xcapone

thanks Storm, this is more stable then the crap they're tethering with verizon.

more stable then any other of these cooked roms i've tried too.

i finally have a usable omnia, lol. i knew it was possible.

Guest Rob Storm
thanks Storm, this is more stable then the crap they're tethering with verizon.

more stable then any other of these cooked roms i've tried too.

i finally have a usable omnia, lol. i knew it was possible.

Thanks for the kind words. This is exactly why I learned how to cook a ROM, I also felt that Verizon had nothing to offer other than the hardware.

Guest Rob Storm
FYI, I'm using 23517 (v13) and have no wifi. I don't use wifi anyway as I think it drains the battery faster using wifi opposed to the cell radio, so not a biggie. However would be nice to have for wifi tethering purposes if I ever load up the wifi router program again.

So far so good, am enjoying it.

Leland, please give this build of 23517 a try. This should fix the wifi issue. It was a little more than just something I could .cab up and post.

http://www.4shared.com/file/189458464/4518...ash23517WK.html

Please let me know your results.

Rob

Guest Rob Storm

I am now building 23518. This is the branck with the new Outlook 2201. I am also incorporating the newest IE from the 285xx branch. It may take me a bit to get it right but it's coming!!!

Rob

Guest arniep

I am just using the one built into the 28205 v13 ROM. I modified it to change the background graphic, but otherwise just whatever Rob put into the ROM.

What screen lock are you using with this ROM? I tried AutoCallLocker and it does not seem to work.

Thank you,

I am just using the one built into the 28205 v13 ROM. I modified it to change the background graphic, but otherwise just whatever Rob put into the ROM.

Sorry I didn't word it correctly. I am looking to lock the screen while in a call ACL is not working and I don't want to replace the WM screen lock otherwise I would use pocketshield.

Guest Rob Storm
Sorry I didn't word it correctly. I am looking to lock the screen while in a call ACL is not working and I don't want to replace the WM screen lock otherwise I would use pocketshield.

There is no way yet to lock the in call screen. Hopefully that will be a future addition.

Guest Rob Storm

Here is the Test ROM for 23518. This is the newest Com 5 Branch Build. This branch includes the new Outlook 2010 with threaded email. I have also modified it to include the newest Internet Explorer from the WMD branch build (282xx).

Please post any feedback on this. :)

Rob

23518 Test ROM (Version 14).

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest rfarrah
Here is the Test ROM for 23518. This is the newest Com 5 Branch Build. This branch includes the new Outlook 2010 with threaded email. I have also modified it to include the newest Internet Explorer from the WMD branch build (282xx).

Rob

Oh, man. That sounds cool AND fast. You're going to make me flash again, dang it. B)

Guest arniep

Will give it a try. Any chance of incorporating XDA_UC or some such thing to make reinstalling apps a bit easier?

Thanks...arniep

Just trying to give the best "flashing fix"...hehe

Guest rfarrah
Will give it a try. Any chance of incorporating XDA_UC or some such thing to make reinstalling apps a bit easier?

Thanks...arniep

+1....please. :)

Guest arniep

You really don't need that software. Just go into settings/personal/buttons and scroll at the top to end key and check "lock device" then scroll to wake up and check "When device is woken up, lock device." That is all you need.

Let us know if that is does what you intend.

--arniep

I gave that a shot but couldn't get it to launch.
Edited by arniep

Guest arniep

I did flash this today. Seems to eat battery very fast, as does 28205. So I have gone back to you v12 which seemed very stable and good battery life.

--arniep

Rob

Guest Rob Storm
I did flash this today. Seems to eat battery very fast, as does 28205. So I have gone back to you v12 which seemed very stable and good battery life.

--arniep

Did IE work wekk though on the ROM?

Guest kdkinc

RE:23518 test rom...

I am not a "power user" by any means.

All the programs I added in via my sd card seem to function properly.

E-mail setup was a breeze works great for Hot mail and Gmail.

IE works as expected I really didn't notice any huge difference from 23517 seemed smooth and favorites worked as expected.

Gps via Googlemap version 3.1 hookup in about 2 minutes on first start.

I notice lock screen seems to be a "plain jane" version I may use the screen you supplied a few post up or may go to my Ahen lockscreen version.

Camera seems ok only messed with it a little but it did whats its supposed to do.

As far a battery eating i'll need more time tommorrow.

Thanks for all you do

:) B)

Guest Rob Storm

I'm really pleased with this build. I was able to have the best of both worlds in this ROM. The Com 5 Branch has the updated Outlook 2010 (Threaded Email), but I also cooked in the Newest Internet Explorer from the WMD Branch (28xxx). Seems to be working seamlessly!

I have posted the final build on 23518 in post #2

Happy Flashing everyone!

Rob

Guest kdkinc
I'm really pleased with this build. I was able to have the best of both worlds in this ROM. The Com 5 Branch has the updated Outlook 2010 (Threaded Email), but I also cooked in the Newest Internet Explorer from the WMD Branch (28xxx). Seems to be working seamlessly!

I have posted the final build on 23518 in post #2

Happy Flashing everyone!

Rob

Is there enough diffrence to change from 23518 test to final ??

:) B)