Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Thanks Rob. That did the trick. I never would have found that on my own.

--arniep

p.s. Incidentally, do you know if there is a way to control how many appointments appear on the lockscreen?

That would be "Showcase Suite". Let me dig up the settings.

EDIT: Here are the complete registry settings for Showcase. I have marked the entry for your question in red:

Edited by arniep

Guest Rob Storm
tried base 23518 :)

poutlook.exe file error, can't find or not signed.

The phone pad won't display got into settings phone to set gps soft reset, full on -off restart no luck.

;) ;)

went back to 23518 samsung so I could get on the internet

?? B)

B) :o

Thanks so much for the feedback! I now have a seperate thread for the base ROM. I have not been able to break the ROM yet since fixing the issues you brought to my attention. Here is the link to the Base ROM Thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...rom-storm-cfo3/

Edited by Rob Storm

I just flashed to the 23518 rom and so far it is very smooth. However, I cannot figure out how to change the keyboard and make the change stick. I had been using BW's last rom and I know I used the IMSelector program to select my input. I do not see that program in this rom. Can someone help me with this?

I just flashed to the 23518 rom and so far it is very smooth. However, I cannot figure out how to change the keyboard and make the change stick. I had been using BW's last rom and I know I used the IMSelector program to select my input. I do not see that program in this rom. Can someone help me with this?

Here you go...

IMSelector.zip

--arniep

p.s. Incidentally, do you know if there is a way to control how many appointments appear on the lockscreen?

p.p.s. Donation sent

Guest Rob Storm

--arniep

Not too sure on how to add additional appointments to the lockscreen but I will do some research on it. It may take ma a day or so as I have a lot of work on my plate today.

Thank you for the donation!

PS: Feel free to keep my number from the text message. :)

Rob Storm

Thank you for all the hard work on the ROMs and you availability here. I will look forward to hearing from you about the number of appointments displayed on the lockscreen when you have a chance.

Keep up the good work!

Not too sure on how to add additional appointments to the lockscreen but I will do some research on it. It may take ma a day or so as I have a lot of work on my plate today.

Thank you for the donation!

PS: Feel free to keep my number from the text message. :)

Rob Storm

Guest scuba264

Thanks for putting this together! Great Job! I used your ROM for my first flash (other than the official Samsung update) and it worked perfectly. I'm really happy with it.

One problem I had was with the themes. For some reason mine changed to a purple/blue kinda color and was nothing like the rest of my SPB and wallpapers. I saw a ways back that you put up a CAB to install the original theme but it didn't work. Also saw you were going to make a .tsk file but I didn't see it anywhere in this thread. Did I miss it?

If you haven't made one, can you please put out the tsk for the theme.

Thanks again. Keep up the great work!

Does anyone have a Bing version later than 4.6.6169.0 working on Rob's ROM? If so, what is the latest that will work and where did you find the cab for it?

Thanks!

Here you go...

Thanks, I looked all over for that, but could not find it! That worked great. So, far I love the rom. Very smooth. Great work to all that contribute here!

Guest rovercash

Great roms Storm. So far I'm loving it. Maybe I just can't seem to find it, but I use to have my folders set up with like the thumbnail view instead of the list view. Like when you go into file explorer. Is this something you left out, or am I just blind and can't find the setting? Thanks.

Guest dragracekid

Hey all I have a little bit of a problem with the latest rom (23518) first off every once in a while all my texts will show up as new meaning it will say i have 200 or so new texts when ill mabe have 2 new ones, another problem is with wad, Ive tried reinstalling it a few times but every time its the same thing no mater what theme i have it will freeze on one page and never switch from that page until i restart it. idk if this is me or not but for right know I wanna know if anyone is having the same problem as me? thank you for reading this and any help would be great thanx

Edited by dragracekid

Hey all I have a little bit of a problem with the latest rom (23518) first off every once in a while all my texts will show up as new meaning it will say i have 200 or so new texts when ill mabe have 2 new ones, another problem is with wad, Ive tried reinstalling it a few times but every time its the same thing no mater what theme i have it will freeze on one page and never switch from that page until i restart it. idk if this is me or not but for right know I wanna know if anyone is having the same problem as me? thank you for reading this and any help would be great thanx

I'll take a stab at it :) :)

In the past I have read that when people flash to a new rom that they will use "pim" restore software to save time.

I use MyPhone how ever I never restore files, task, documents. Some of the restored files mess up the new rom especially "documents "

Also phone sync can add some of these old files .These old file can haunt your new rom and do strange things such as your msg count.

Just my 1 cent of info but somthing to look at.

Hope it helps :)

:) :)

Guest dragracekid
I'll take a stab at it :) :)

In the past I have read that when people flash to a new rom that they will use "pim" restore software to save time.

I use MyPhone how ever I never restore files, task, documents. Some of the restored files mess up the new rom especially "documents "

Also phone sync can add some of these old files .These old file can haunt your new rom and do strange things such as your msg count.

Just my 1 cent of info but somthing to look at.

Hope it helps :)

:) :)

i would agree only i dont have anything that backs up i just use wireless sync for my contacts and i reinstall everythiing myself, but i went to the latest of another com and it works a lot better

Guest woodsptw

Love the ROM.. Thanks for all your efforts.

2 odd things.

1. The first time I tried to pair the BT headset, the phone froze.

* BT headset was already on and I had to enter 0000 to pair it before it froze.

I reset the phone and turned off the headset. I then went to settings, BT, connect and turned on the headset until the blue/red flashed. All was good.

Second odd thing.

2. When I use the Voice Command. I can't hear it speak to me in the earpiece. It seems to be able to hear me state the command.

The BT headset does work after I make a call.

What happened to the WiFi? It does not seem to work with the 28205 build of this ROM. Please help.

Sometimes the wifi disappears. The first time I flashed this ROM, I clicked on wlanAutoloader in the /Windows folder on the i910 to re-enable this feature and apply the necessary settings. Then I re-mapped the wlanAutoloader to the top button of the device in case it disappears again (I use wifi a lot). For re-map, go to Settings-Personal-Buttons-Main Menu-Change "Start Menu" to "WlanAutoLdr". Hope that helps...

Guest compwat
Sometimes the wifi disappears. The first time I flashed this ROM, I clicked on wlanAutoloader in the /Windows folder on the i910 to re-enable this feature and apply the necessary settings. Then I re-mapped the wlanAutoloader to the top button of the device in case it disappears again (I use wifi a lot). For re-map, go to Settings-Personal-Buttons-Main Menu-Change "Start Menu" to "WlanAutoLdr". Hope that helps...

Excellent! That is just what I needed. I trying to setup the WMWiFiRouter and needed the WiFi to be on. However, I still have not gotten the WMWiFiRouter to successfully share the connection. The computer will not see it as an access point, only a peer-to-peer. Thanks again!

Guest gorf1000

Is anyone else using SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on Storms latest ROM? I'm using 23518 on a Verizon i910 and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5, I cannot get the Facebook or Twitter widget to connect. I'm using the trial version which is fully enabled, I used it way back when I was using the stock 6.1 VZ Rom and it worked perfectly. It also does not allow me to connect to Facebook to retrieve contact images (which was one of my favorite features).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!