Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Is anyone else using SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 on Storms latest ROM? I'm using 23518 on a Verizon i910 and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5, I cannot get the Facebook or Twitter widget to connect. I'm using the trial version which is fully enabled, I used it way back when I was using the stock 6.1 VZ Rom and it worked perfectly. It also does not allow me to connect to Facebook to retrieve contact images (which was one of my favorite features).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I am running MS 3.5.3 on this ROM without any issues. Facebook connects fine but I can't speak to Twitter.

Are you using the MS FB integration or the FB App?

Guest gorf1000
I am running MS 3.5.3 on this ROM without any issues. Facebook connects fine but I can't speak to Twitter.

Are you using the MS FB integration or the FB App?

The integrated FB application in MS. I can't get it to connect to update status or update contact pictures using FB pictures.

The integrated FB application in MS. I can't get it to connect to update status or update contact pictures using FB pictures.

Have you tried reinstalling MS?

Guest gorf1000
Have you tried reinstalling MS?

Honestly, not yet, that would have been intelligent... trying that now.

Update: Still no good, reinstalled and still no good with the Facebook integration in SPB MS.

Edited by gorf1000

Guest Charles Mims
Update: Still no good, reinstalled and still no good with the Facebook integration in SPB MS.

On th MS3 forums it seems to be a common problem, even with a stock ROM. From what I've read the vendor says it is a problem on FB end, FB says it is the vendor. Regardless, the app doesn't work well. I've gotten mine to work occasionally by logging in to FB via Opera first, then trying the app.

Charles

Guest gorf1000
On th MS3 forums it seems to be a common problem, even with a stock ROM. From what I've read the vendor says it is a problem on FB end, FB says it is the vendor. Regardless, the app doesn't work well. I've gotten mine to work occasionally by logging in to FB via Opera first, then trying the app.

Charles

Thanks, I'll try that, that's weird because the first time I tried MS3 it worked flawlessly, it's what really drew me to it. If this is something that is an inherent problem then I definitely won't be buying it.

Guest Charles Mims
Thanks, I'll try that, that's weird because the first time I tried MS3 it worked flawlessly, it's what really drew me to it. If this is something that is an inherent problem then I definitely won't be buying it.

I'm inclined to believe it's a problem with facebook, as I encounter similar problems with Resco Contact Manager and the FB integration. The Resco FAQ says that it is an issue with FB taking to long to respond to calls from the app.

Guest jezze boi

does anyone know where to find a .cab for the original bottom tray icons and bubbles?

I've looked in many places but the ones i find always mess up the buttons and i need to hard reset main memory

please, can anyone provide the cab for the theme? thanks

Guest mr_bungalow

to get facebook and twitter working from MS3 you need to have opera installed. Try logging in via opera once, leave it open and head back over to SPB and log into Facebook. It should work and after that you're good to go everytime. I was pulling my hair out for a while when I couldn't get it working.

Guest gorf1000
to get facebook and twitter working from MS3 you need to have opera installed. Try logging in via opera once, leave it open and head back over to SPB and log into Facebook. It should work and after that you're good to go everytime. I was pulling my hair out for a while when I couldn't get it working.

What version of Opera did you install? Because I have Opera 10 Beta 2 installed and I've tried clearing it out and just using MS3, I've tried logging in and leaving Opera open, doing the same just through IE, I've even tried logging in through IE and Opera and leaving both open while trying MS3. So far nothing I've been able to do has allowed me to connect.

The only thing I have yet to try is connecting over WiFi and trying the MS3 integration.

EDIT: I found this post on the SPB Club forums which apparently says they've found the fix for the FB connection problems and it relates to webview.dll. They say it's a problem on any WM 6.5.3 loads later than 28002 but if you pull the webview.dll file from 28002 and put it in the newer load it'll work fine.

Storm, any idea if this would break something in your current ROM (specifically 23518) if not, do you (or anyone else) have that file from 28002?

Thanks!

Edited by gorf1000

Hey Rob I've been playing with this win 7 skin over at XDA

Has a few hair balls but is runnable (new word) Titianim WX needed a new script file but looks great IMHO (for now)

[APR 29][WM6.5] WM 7 Titanium Project - beta6.9

:) B)

Rob (or anyone): Does the 28205 version have the new threaded email and newer IE in it? Just curious, was thinking of trying it instead of the 23518 release (especially since I have heard EverNote Mobile works on the 282* release but not on the 23518 release.

Thx

/Chimp (Tom)

Everyone buckle in!!! Rumor has it that there are several builds getting released tonight! B)

Hey Rob... :)

Send us a Smiley face so that we know the Martians haven't got ya

:D B)

Guest Rob Storm
Hey Rob... B)

Send us a Smiley face so that we know the Martians haven't got ya

:D B)

I've got all 13 builds. I've been cooking and flashing my heart out trying to figure which one to release.

I will NEVER surrender to the Martians!

PS: IF anyone has a specific build request I might could knock it out for ya!

Right now playing with 25001 :)

Guest rfarrah
I've got all 13 builds. I've been cooking and flashing my heart out trying to figure which one to release.

Right now playing with 25001 B)

24001 with xda_uc? ... if it's convenient. :)

Guest Rob Storm
24001 with xda_uc? ... if it's convenient. :)

Custom Cooked and uploading now. Will update this post with the link shortly. B)

Adding XDA_UC as well as Office 2010 just for you.

Rob

EDIT: Here is the link.

http://www.4shared.com/file/213429241/8be7...Office2010.html

Happy Flashing rfarrah!!!

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm
that was so FAST! Thanks!

Hope it works well for you. I've been so busy with work I have not had much time to release much. I will try to fill any other requests as quick as possible.

PS: Thanks Ken!!!

Rob:

Glad to see you back. Please see my last PM to you. Thanks.

arniep

Hope it works well for you. I've been so busy with work I have not had much time to release much. I will try to fill any other requests as quick as possible.

Can someone give be a step-by-step to get my i910 paired with my laptop such that my lapop can access the internet via a BT connection to my i910? (i.e., BT tether, not wifi tether)

For example, starting with BT off on both laptop and fone, which do I turn on first? Which one should initiate the BT connection to the other? etc.

Thanks...arniep

Guest arirang

Right now playing with 25001 :D

28217 has been stable and peppier than 28205. it would be great to see the recent 282xx in your menu ;)

oh, and i've been getting quick GPS locks on 28217. [<1 minute even when CLOUDY. that's GOOD for our i190].

Edited by arirang

Guest rfarrah

Thanks Rob! After using 24001 for 24 hours I can report that the fonts are too small in text messaging and that the mouse stops working. Other minor issues, too, but I'm ready for an alternate build....with XDA_UC of course. What do you recommend?