Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest Rob Storm
How can I get the regular start menu back? I tried clicking on the Large Display icon in settings - system but nothing happens

I remove that from my ROM. Let me see if I can put together a cab for you.

Guest ravenecho
Thank you! I build the ROMs for my own personal use. I like a nice clean screen.

This latest build is just perfect for me. Thanks for a job well done, sir.

Guest flanker1743

Flashing now.

Hey Rob, is there any chance you could leave the default windows themes in, too? I like your theme, but I'm OCD about changing things up a bit. I tried installing the default themes via instructions over at XDA and didn't have any luck. Or if not leaving them in, could you cab 'em for us? Thanks.

I'll let you know how she runs for me. :-)

Guest flanker1743

ROM is working great so far. Very zippy, easy to navigate, and I'm totally loving the UI improvements to the new build. Thanks again for your hard work, Rob, I'll let you know if I run into anything (although, so far I'm fairly convinced I won't have many problems). :-)

EDIT:

I just remembered, the Wi-Fi options were gone. Any ideas?

Edited by flanker1743

Guest Rob Storm
ROM is working great so far. Very zippy, easy to navigate, and I'm totally loving the UI improvements to the new build. Thanks again for your hard work, Rob, I'll let you know if I run into anything (although, so far I'm fairly convinced I won't have many problems). :-)

EDIT:

I just remembered, the Wi-Fi options were gone. Any ideas?

Go into your windows folder and run wlanloader.exe. Choose unload driver then load driver. Should be all good then.

Guest pillagingjack

Could not successfully flash the 23088 build. It would flash all the way through, but hang on the Samsung Omnia screen with the blue loading bar. Tried several machines, reformated everything. Whole 9 yards, but each time it would freeze up there.

Nate

Guest jlc0005
Could not successfully flash the 23088 build. It would flash all the way through, but hang on the Samsung Omnia screen with the blue loading bar. Tried several machines, reformated everything. Whole 9 yards, but each time it would freeze up there.

After flashing a new ROM - when the phone starts to boot up, I always wait a couple of minutes as the phone sits on the Samsung Omnia screen with the loading bar... after I hear the tones to indicate that the phone has a signal, I press the upper-left corner of the screen - where the old Start button used to be (in WM 6.1). Shortly after pressing that corner, the phone moves past the Samsung Omnia screen.

I hope this helps.

Guest Rob Storm

Nate

rebuilding ROM now. I had made some changes and redid the ROM and left a couple files in XIP that should have been deleted.

EDIT: 1st Post updated with updated 23088 ROM

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest pillagingjack

Initially, I like it. I have been playing with it for about 10 minutes-ish and it feels good. I think I'm gonna hit a smoke break and get some clear sky above me and see how the gps handles.

Nate

Guest Rob Storm
Initially, I like it. I have been playing with it for about 10 minutes-ish and it feels good. I think I'm gonna hit a smoke break and get some clear sky above me and see how the gps handles.

Nate

Looking forward to your feedback.

Guest stratman2009

Thanks so much for doing this, these are getting better and better. When I first got my omnia in march i used the stylus most of the time. I yesterday took it off the phone.

This rom seems to be workng great for me, Do you know how to make the text larger in the messaging menues (that lists the different emails, texts, etc) It is quite small.

Also I have been using the tellme program, and it is great, but doesnt run on this rom (worked on 23081, but not 23085 either). YOu can actually speak a text with it., so would be great to get working if possible. Everything else looks great!!

So i see the scrren magnifier, did microsoft now drop the idea of the tiny pop up magnifier that they had a few months ago (and iphone has)?

Thanks so much, and let me know if i can help test.

Guest Rob Storm
Thanks so much for doing this, these are getting better and better. When I first got my omnia in march i used the stylus most of the time. I yesterday took it off the phone.

This rom seems to be workng great for me, Do you know how to make the text larger in the messaging menues (that lists the different emails, texts, etc) It is quite small.

Also I have been using the tellme program, and it is great, but doesnt run on this rom (worked on 23081, but not 23085 either). YOu can actually speak a text with it., so would be great to get working if possible. Everything else looks great!!

So i see the scrren magnifier, did microsoft now drop the idea of the tiny pop up magnifier that they had a few months ago (and iphone has)?

Thanks so much, and let me know if i can help test.

You can change the text size by going to Start\Settings\System\Screen.

I have 6 email accounts that each get 50 plus a day so I like smaller text so I can see more on my screen.

Guest stratman2009
You can change the text size by going to Start\Settings\System\Screen.

I have 6 email accounts that each get 50 plus a day so I like smaller text so I can see more on my screen.

Thanks- yo probably have better vision than i do!

Any idea why tellme crashes, or how i can troubleshoot?

Guest Rob Storm
Thanks- yo probably have better vision than i do!

Any idea why tellme crashes, or how i can troubleshoot?

Can you send me a copy of the .cab you are installing from?