Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest stratman2009
Okay got it working - Works on top of voice command - Working fine now --- Thanks!!!!

Spoke too soon - loads and seems to work but does not hear any audio.

Guest bicycleray

I like the ROM, I wanted to go back to basics for a little bit and this v6.0 is the ticket.

But, one question.

My lockscreen back ground will not change. I have even tried to find the background to edit in the lockscreen cpr but I can't seem to find it.

Help me change the background!

Guest Rob Storm
I like the ROM, I wanted to go back to basics for a little bit and this v6.0 is the ticket.

But, one question.

My lockscreen back ground will not change. I have even tried to find the background to edit in the lockscreen cpr but I can't seem to find it.

Help me change the background!

The 2 files you need to look for are "lockeye.png" and "lockeyeL.png"

EDIT: Post 3 updated with 23506

@stratman2009: TellMe works great! I'm going to work on cooking it in my next ROM

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest andredabomb92

on 23506 why is there no wifi, and that little storm logo in the bottom right is halfway covered by the taskbar on homescreen, also it says contacts for both tabs on the task bar on the homescreen

Guest Rob Storm
on 23506 why is there no wifi, and that little storm logo in the bottom right is halfway covered by the taskbar on homescreen, also it says contacts for both tabs on the task bar on the homescreen

For thwe WiFi issue, just go into your windows directory, run Wlanloader.exe. Choose Unload Driver. Wait 3 seconds. Select Loan Driver. You'll be good from there. You will not have to redo it again.

As far as the logo, you must not have Titanium enabled. to remove the logo, just delete the following registry keys and reboot:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta]

"Today"="Storm"

"Expiry"="Custom Build 23506"

"About"="- Storm"

As far as the Contacts button, I can not replicate that.

Guest flanker1743

Rob, I actually did run into something in 23506. The theme for the device doesn't show up in the today settings menu. It used to have "Storm" in previous versions, but there was nothing. I figured whatever, it works, so I let it go. Well I didn't like my background anymore so I was wanting to go back to your default, so I just unchecked the box that says "use this image for the background" or whatever, hit apply, and I lost all of your theme. Nothing is pretty anymore :-( I was wondering if you could cab your theme to save me a hard reset or if there's another easy fix for this. I was really enjoying your stuff now it's back to boring old blue and gray ugly scroll bars.

Guest andredabomb92
For thwe WiFi issue, just go into your windows directory, run Wlanloader.exe. Choose Unload Driver. Wait 3 seconds. Select Loan Driver. You'll be good from there. You will not have to redo it again.

As far as the logo, you must not have Titanium enabled. to remove the logo, just delete the following registry keys and reboot:

"Today"="Storm"

"Expiry"="Custom Build 23506"

"About"="- Storm"

As far as the Contacts button, I can not replicate that.

Okay thanks for the help, especially with wifi, a few other roms are like that too, idk why

Guest Rob Storm

I have been making a lot of headway with regards to a new ROM!

I have successfully been able to cook in Microsoft TellMe. I also have gotten rid of the default Windows Marketplace link that asked you to download the actual app and then makes you install ALL downloaded apps to main storage. I have cooked in the full Marketplace Application with a few edits that allow you to select where you would like to install the downloaded app.

More to come!!!

:)

Guest gorf1000
I have been making a lot of headway with regards to a new ROM!

I have successfully been able to cook in Microsoft TellMe. I also have gotten rid of the default Windows Marketplace link that asked you to download the actual app and then makes you install ALL downloaded apps to main storage. I have cooked in the full Marketplace Application with a few edits that allow you to select where you would like to install the downloaded app.

More to come!!!

:)

Please STOP! I just can't handle flashing to each of your new ROM's! I would stick with one ROM but each of yours keep getting better, so please, stop making better ROMS!

j/k

Seriously though, keep up the awesome work, looking forward to setting up my phone again on the new ROM! :D

Guest Rob Storm
Please STOP! I just can't handle flashing to each of your new ROM's! I would stick with one ROM but each of yours keep getting better, so please, stop making better ROMS!

j/k

Seriously though, keep up the awesome work, looking forward to setting up my phone again on the new ROM! :)

Thank you for the compliment! Should have something for you to flash sometime tomorrow. Still 23506 but been tweaking it.

Guest woodsptw
Thank you for the compliment! Should have something for you to flash sometime tomorrow. Still 23506 but been tweaking it.

Can you tweak the BT fixes in so we can tap the BT and activate voice commands??

Thanks for your work!

Guest Rob Storm
Can you tweak the BT fixes in so we can tap the BT and activate voice commands??

Thanks for your work!

Here is the newest ROM with fixes as of 11/15/2009. It is build 23506. It incorporates Voice command as well as Microsoft Tellme which is an awesome application for texting via voice command.

23506 Fixed - 11/15/2009

EDIT: 3rd Post updated with this build. :)

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest Samuel Ryberg
Here is the newest ROM with fixes as of 11/15/2009. It is build 23506. It incorporates Voice command as well as Microsoft Tellme which is an awesome application for texting via voice command.

23506 Fixed - 11/15/2009

downloading now! I've had such good experiences with your ROM's..

Guest br91655

Can you cook tell me into 23088? I have one program, Elecont weather, that I'd like to keep but it doesn't work with 23506. When I've installed tell me manually it's never worked as well as it does in your 23506.

Guest Rob Storm
Can you cook tell me into 23088? I have one program, Elecont weather, that I'd like to keep but it doesn't work with 23506. When I've installed tell me manually it's never worked as well as it does in your 23506.

Shoot me a cab for Elocent weather. My email address is [email protected]. I will see what I can do. :)

Nice job....

Running 23088 on my 2nd Omnia i910

Minor problems

I am not seeing the "Custom Incoming Call Screen". Is it something I need to enable?

I am also not seeing the theme selection in settings.

And no input selector

None of these are showstoppers..

Guest jbr05ki

23506 Fixed - 11/15/2009

I just flashed to this ROM and I'm stuck on the Welcome screen. I reflashed and I'm still stuck on the welcome screen.

UPDATE: nm I just waited. haha

Edited by jbr05ki

Guest Rob Storm
I just flashed to this ROM and I'm stuck on the Welcome screen. I reflashed and I'm still stuck on the welcome screen.

UPDATE: nm I just waited. haha

Thanks for flashing my ROM! Hope you loke it. :)

Guest jbr05ki

I did a complete Resco Back Up and now "Tell Me" doesn't work. You think reinstalling "Tell Me" would work? If so you got a .cab file? Thanks Rob!

UPDATE: had to reinstall Voice Command. haha

Edited by jbr05ki

Guest woodsptw

Finally had a moment to flash. Thanks for this Storm.

Connected bluetooth to Plantronics 925.

Hit ear piece and voice command did not launch (not sure if that was supposed to work).

Found Tellme and launched it. It hit a point where it asked for 'more info' or ?? and I selected 'more info'.

It then asked me if I wanted IE to be my default browser. I assumed it might need that so I said 'yes'. then I got an error.. "cannot find "\intrepid_TMM.html'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct". Hitting the okay button launched IE and it tried a verizon site.. and gave me the same cannot find error. I canceled out of that and TellMe had launched behind the IE screen.

I asked it to Call Home.. it thought for a while and said "Cool Rom" (so I figured Storm had already taught it!!)

I said Call Home again and it thought some more... this time it said Call Tones and launched Bing with that as the search criteria.

I haven't read up on TellMe so I'll do that now... but I want to be able to hit my ear piece and tell voice command (or tellme) to dial a number or call a person - hands free.

The ROM itself is really smooth. The user.. maybe not so much.