Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest jtmessimer

Hey Storm ,I am running your 23506...sp far so good...One thing Is there no way to create shortcuts for program files with this build...also not to take away from your build but your insignia and build number are taking up valuable tday screen place...

Nice job....

Running 23088 on my 2nd Omnia i910

Minor problems

I am not seeing the "Custom Incoming Call Screen". Is it something I need to enable?

I am also not seeing the theme selection in settings.

And no input selector

None of these are showstoppers..

Rob, of all of these the one I am interested in most is getting the "Custom Incoming Call Screen" to trigger when it is not locked. Is there a reg edit for that or something I have to set?

Thanks

Guest Rob Storm
Rob, of all of these the one I am interested in most is getting the "Custom Incoming Call Screen" to trigger when it is not locked. Is there a reg edit for that or something I have to set?

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, but no, I have not been able to find a way to have it when it is unlocked.

Guest lioryte
Sorry for the late reply, but no, I have not been able to find a way to have it when it is unlocked.

You might wanna try one of the screen lock applications, like SmartLock 1.7E. You can set i to have the phone "lock" with any incoming call- forcing the lockscreen on

You might wanna try one of the screen lock applications, like SmartLock 1.7E. You can set i to have the phone "lock" with any incoming call- forcing the lockscreen on

Thanks

I don't want to lock my phone and was hoping for a solution without adding anything. I will take a look at Smartlock

I already use S2U2 for just the rocker volume control and the incoming call screen without locking it and turn everything else off.

Guest nmayer79

Thanks

Bout to flash your rom rob but my question is how, on any rom, can i get the input on phonepad?? In inputs it is listed but every time i select it it goes right back to default. This has been a consistent problem on every rom i have tried as of yet. Is there any way to change the default. Only time i have been able to change it is when i install something like touchpad or finger keyboard, neither of which have a phonepad option.

Guest mattdon

I just flashed to 23506 Fixed - 11/15/2009 and I am stuck at the Windows Welcome screen. Looks like this happened to jbr05ki. He said he just needed to wait. But it's been stuck for 15 minutes. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Matt

Guest big_mike_2k6
I just flashed to 23506 Fixed - 11/15/2009 and I am stuck at the Windows Welcome screen. Looks like this happened to jbr05ki. He said he just needed to wait. But it's been stuck for 15 minutes. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Matt

did u tap the top task bar? after flashing and its gets to the windows screen u need to tap it and then it will finish loading up

Guest TriniPlatinum

Hey Storm great rom! Using the 23506 Build with TellMe. Definitely my favorite thus far. Having one issue though. I can't link my contacts to FaceBook to update the pics. It tries to connect then comes up with an error "Connection Failed". Any idea on a fix for this?

Rob

I was mentioned earlier in the thread that once you install another theme under Settings > Home > Apperance you can no longer go back to your default as there is no tsk file for it.

Do you by any chance have either a tsk or reg file to reset it to yours without a hard reset?

Thanks

Guest TriniPlatinum
Rob

I was mentioned earlier in the thread that once you install another theme under Settings > Home > Apperance you can no longer go back to your default as there is no tsk file for it.

Do you by any chance have either a tsk or reg file to reset it to yours without a hard reset?

Thanks

Sadly I dont have either of those. I'll just have to do a hard reset :D It's ok though as this rom is well worth it :)

Guest Rob Storm
Nice job Rob

You added a few things which I always add so saved me some work.

Glad you like it. What other apps do you install? I try to make this ROM as light as I can since I use it myself but always find myself reinstalling some apps..

Glad you like it. What other apps do you install? I try to make this ROM as light as I can since I use it myself but always find myself reinstalling some apps..

After a flash I always add:

SDKCerts

SipChange - You now cooked in InputSelection which is better

Midomi - You now cooked in

Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.3

Total Commander

AutoLock Screen v 1.7E (Just started this to get away from S2U2 for caller ID)

My Taskbar

My Omnia Lite Black keyboard

My Version of SikYou's dialer

And a few things I would never want cooked in:

MemMaid - mostly for regedit

G-Alarm

Spb Mobile Shell

Opera

I don't think it is a good idea to cook anything in that is not free such as MemMaid, MS, G-Alarm etc.

Guest Rob Storm
Rob, what's the difference between the 25xxx and the 28xxx builds? Is one faster?

Which build are you currently running on your phone?

I have 2 Omnias. One is running 23509 and the other 28002. Both seem to be pretty snappy. I have been running the ROMS for a few days and not one lockup. I never release a ROM that I'm not running unkless it's a custom request. That's why you'll notice I have not updated post #2. I just got bored with the old UI.

Guest flanker1743
I have 2 Omnias. One is running 23509 and the other 28002. Both seem to be pretty snappy. I have been running the ROMS for a few days and not one lockup. I never release a ROM that I'm not running unkless it's a custom request. That's why you'll notice I have not updated post #2. I just got bored with the old UI.

Between 28002 and 23509, which would you say you like better?

Guest flanker1743
I like 28002 better. Just my personal opinion.

Rob

Thanks for your input. That's what I'll be doing once Thanksgiving break rolls around. :D As always, your hard work is always appreciated. I think you're usually one of the first to have your roms out when new builds come out.

Two things: I liked the basic Zip Mobile that came in the stock ROMs as well as the pdf reader. I tried downloading a .zip file today and it wouldn't open. Could you provide a .cab for the zip and pdf reader if you have the chance? Or perhaps suggest a better one that you use? Thanks so much.

Keep up the great work, Rob. :)

Guest kgibson

Hey Rob!

I seen in a earlier post about doing custom rom. Will you build me a custom rom? I keep switching from one to another but cant find one that just suits me yet. One has too much in it or other doesnt have enough in it. Also I am having problems with my favorite keyboard on all of the new roms. It is a fingerkeyboard by adrynalene. It will not resize in landscape. Do I need to ditch it and find another one or stay with older build?

Guest jbr05ki

Resco Back Up doesn't work with build 28002. It does work with 23509. I am going back to 23509.

EDIT: twas a bad back up I guess. going back to 28002.

Edited by jbr05ki