Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest nmayer79
Post 1 (28002) and post 3 (23509) updated.

Happy flashing! :D

@nmayer79: I will try to make a cab for you.

Thanks a million Rob for all your hard work!!

So what about Touchflo? Which one (if any) has it??

Edited by nmayer79

Guest geekboy2005

so far 28002 is awesome has most of what i like to use see wozzer put a new build 28004 and idea what is different also keep up the good work love the rom is there instead of the default cpictures a way to have it linked to resco photo viewer if not that's fine :D :( ;) :D :D all the kudos you cant want and more for this rom build

Hey Rob! Thanks for all the work and updating you are doing. I have tried several ROMs on this site as well as OmniaRom and so far, your v7 works best for me. Good battery life and smooth running. You asked for suggestions for possible additions to the recipe. I always add:

Pandora

Kaisoft Mute Timer

Google Maps

Bing

GS Player 229

QIK - very cool streaming video app

I really like your cooked-in Tell Me. Please include that in your future versions.

Thanks....arniep

Guest Rob Storm
so far 28002 is awesome has most of what i like to use see wozzer put a new build 28004 and idea what is different also keep up the good work love the rom is there instead of the default cpictures a way to have it linked to resco photo viewer if not that's fine :( ;) :D :D ;) all the kudos you cant want and more for this rom build

1st post updated with Version 8 (28004)

Fixes by me:

Corrected associations for Resco Photo Viewer (now defaults for all images)

Made IE the default browser

This build seems quicker than 28002.

Please let me know if I missed anything. :D

Rob

Guest nmayer79
1st post updated with Version 8 (28004)

Fixes by me:

Corrected associations for Resco Photo Viewer (now defaults for all images)

Made IE the default browser

This build seems quicker than 28002.

Please let me know if I missed anything. :D

Rob

Sweet :( !! been like 4 days since i flashed (sounds like something you cant do in public) so i cant wait to get off work and try the new build. Good looking out!!

Guest woodsptw

Rob - do you have your Bluetooth working with tellme or voice command?

Have you tried Sector's work on the BT Fix under BT Fix for new roms threadl??

"If you have FToushSL and SRS installed, try this cab and report:Attached File Samsung_BTFix_modified__FToushSL_and_SRS_installed_.cab ( 174.23K ) Number of downloads: 130"

I added SRS WOW and tried this but w/o success.

Thanks!!

(I WASN'T HOLDING THE BLUETOOTH BUTTON LONG ENOUGH.. IT'S A LONG PRESS; worked fine!!)

Edited by woodsptw

Guest jbr05ki

Hey Rob I installed your 28002 ROM. My programs won't stay open when I hit the (X) or press the end key. They instantly close. Is there a fix or do I gotta reflash?

Hey Rob I installed your 28002 ROM. My programs won't stay open when I hit the (X) or press the end key. They instantly close. Is there a fix or do I gotta reflash?

I like 28004 better its seems smoother....I think I read that 28002 had a few hairballs :D

Guest nmayer79

I believe that is on purpose. Was cooked in i think. It was one of the complaints with original rom that the only way to close any programs was with the task manager. I think the only way to change that is to flash back to cf03 or have someone build you a custom rom.

Guest gorf1000

I'm running 23506 (haven't had the chance to update yet), my lock screen is always dimmed. It doesn't brighten up on a screen tap or on an incoming call.

Anyone know how to set it so the Windows default lock screen is at full brightness?

I believe that is on purpose. Was cooked in i think. It was one of the complaints with original rom that the only way to close any programs was with the task manager. I think the only way to change that is to flash back to cf03 or have someone build you a custom rom.

The program that is doing that is Showcase. There is no settings programs but there is registry settings for not closing on clicking the X. Search this forum for Showcase and you will find the edits.

In the interim, press and hold the X for 2 seconds or so then let go and it will exit but leave the program active. The regedit reverses that.

Or go into the Windows\Startup folder and remove the ShowcaseSuite link and it will not load it

Edited by NilsE

Robb

Nice build as usual.. Slick and quick. Thanks

The only problems I am having has nothing to do with you.

1) Alarms do not trigger if in sleep and on battery (works fine if in sleep while charging),Yes, I turned on ring even if sleeping. The alarm triggers shortly after waking up the screen. This is with both the native alarm and G-Alarm.

2) Periodically locks in portrait and will not rotate until a soft reset.

I still have my age old questions of providing a way to get back to your base theme when another theme is installed or selected. This basically is either the reg settings or a .tsk file for the theme..

The second is the reg entries for the Ez-Input keyboard so it appears in the InputSelector when an additional keyboard is installed. This may just be a conflict with the class.

Thanks again

Nils

I'm running 23506 (haven't had the chance to update yet), my lock screen is always dimmed. It doesn't brighten up on a screen tap or on an incoming call.

Anyone know how to set it so the Windows default lock screen is at full brightness?

Good question. I am using 28004 and also would like to see the answer to this.

Guest Rob Storm
Good question. I am using 28004 and also would like to see the answer to this.

Don't think it can be done by default. But, once you lock it, press and hold the "End" key and it will brighten up.

Rob

Do you have a cab for a pure black background theme instead of the present fiber appearing one that you use?

I do a screen capture and get it all black to use as a background now but the fibers still show somewhat.

Oh by the way NICE rom's just enough stuff not over cluttered desktops :D

Thank You :( ;)

Rob:

I have not flashed v9.0 yet, but with 8.0 everything seems pretty good except I cannot seem to establish a bluetooth tether to my netbook, which I used to be able to do easily. Have you tried BT tether ? Does yours work? I am using the ICS that you provided on the ROM.

Thanks...Arniep

Post #1 Updated to Version 9.0 (28005)

Happy Flashing!!!

Guest Rob Storm
Rob:

I have not flashed v9.0 yet, but with 8.0 everything seems pretty good except I cannot seem to establish a bluetooth tether to my netbook, which I used to be able to do easily. Have you tried BT tether ? Does yours work? I am using the ICS that you provided on the ROM.

Thanks...Arniep

I always use WMWiFiRouter. I'll see what I can do to fix the issue.

Nice job Rob...

Alarm during sleep now works

No freeze of rotate so far.

Seems smooth and quick

Thanks

Guest nmayer79
The program that is doing that is Showcase. There is no settings programs but there is registry settings for not closing on clicking the X. Search this forum for Showcase and you will find the edits.

In the interim, press and hold the X for 2 seconds or so then let go and it will exit but leave the program active. The regedit reverses that.

Or go into the Windows\Startup folder and remove the ShowcaseSuite link and it will not load it

Was wondering what program did that, i personally love that feature, didn't realize there was a way to bypass it, might come in handy sometimes. Good looking out NilsE! :D

Thanks Rob. Is WMWiFFiRouter cooked in? Does that work for Bluetooth? I ask about BT because it uses less power than wifi, supposedly.

--Arniep

Guest montebello

tried 28005 and noticed the responsiveness right away. Awesome.. except i can't take pictures or video... no focusing at all... nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue?

Guest Rob Storm
tried 28005 and noticed the responsiveness right away. Awesome.. except i can't take pictures or video... no focusing at all... nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue?

Working fine here on mine.