Storm's ROM - Version 13.1

Guest Rob Storm

Guest montebello

At least im not alone, i feel less stupid

tried HR, still nothing when i press on the camera button in camera mode

i then redownloaded the ROM and re-flashed and tried the camera first thing, still nothing

soft reset, still nothing

is there something else i can try? no camera functionality kinda sucks

At least im not alone, i feel less stupid

tried HR, still nothing when i press on the camera button in camera mode

i then redownloaded the ROM and re-flashed and tried the camera first thing, still nothing

soft reset, still nothing

is there something else i can try? no camera functionality kinda sucks

I tried the same, HR, redownload and flash, several soft resets, but camera button do not work and on Video mode the phone freezes.

But it is working OK for others, maybe try backup and reformat My storage and/or Memory Card.

I tried the same, HR, redownload and flash, several soft resets, but camera button do not work and on Video mode the phone freezes.

But it is working OK for others, maybe try backup and reformat My storage and/or Memory Card.

Use the key between the two phone buttons(the square one)in camera mode.

hope it helps worked on mine

Guest flanker1743
Use the key between the two phone buttons(the square one)in camera mode.

hope it helps worked on mine

That worked for me. The other camera button doesn't work for me, either.

In the past ROMs, the camera has broke whenever I've tried switching to video. Does this still occur in 28005?

Other than that, she's running great, Rob.

That worked for me. The other camera button doesn't work for me, either.

In the past ROMs, the camera has broke whenever I've tried switching to video. Does this still occur in 28005?

Other than that, she's running great, Rob.

I'm using 28005.

I didn't realize there was a camera button difference with the past roms,really no big deal I don't think :D

Guest montebello
I'm using 28005.

I didn't realize there was a camera button difference with the past roms,really no big deal I don't think :D

Thank you very much. i like the ability to see what the camera is focusing on before takin the picture but this is good enough.

i wonder if this can be fixed in the registry. i searched for Camera and found one path that was wrong but that didnt fix anything... i searched google for "28005 camera fix" and got one similar hit on a XPERIO forum.. maybe i try that one later when i have time.

Thanks again.

EDIT: scratch that fix, its a HTC specific cab that drops DLLs... so it looks like a problem in the DLL... maybe they just grabbed the DLL from a working build... i'll try this later tonight and post my results since at least one other person saw this issue...

Edited by montebello

Rob (or anyone else): How do you get the skinned system bar at the bottom of the screen. In other words, how do you get it to look like this:

Dialer.png

Rather than the default skin as so:

23075EzInput.png

There has got to be something you can download and install to get these, or pictures you replace on the phone. If someone can point me to a thread to where these (and others) came from, and/or explain how they work, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

/Chimp

Guest xmagikalx

Yo man.. 28005 version rocks!

I love Tellme that's awesome.

The only concern is that for me, all the 2800x versions so far blackout occasionally. Have you tried 23511? I cooked my own rom (which wasn't as good as this or as trimmed down) and it ran pretty smooth but I didn't run it long enough to see if it blacks out.

Guest Rob Storm
Yo man.. 28005 version rocks!

I love Tellme that's awesome.

The only concern is that for me, all the 2800x versions so far blackout occasionally. Have you tried 23511? I cooked my own rom (which wasn't as good as this or as trimmed down) and it ran pretty smooth but I didn't run it long enough to see if it blacks out.

Here you go, 23511 for your flashing pleasures. :D

http://www.4shared.com/file/162992064/434f...Flash23511.html

Post 3 updated.

Storm,

So far 23511 seems really smooth and fast.

The new keyboard works great after I get used to it.

Nice addition.

Oh the camera buttons seem to work fine.

Edited by kdkinc

Any major differences between 28008 and 23511, as far as features? Speed? Stability??

I haven't messed with it to much but I like the appearance, plain & simple. Seems smooth and the keyboard

is different as far as hold the key and it shifts up to let you select a number or symbol instead of a letter.

Storm doesn't weigh it down with a lot of garbage he lets us add on are own garbage .

Oh I guess the camera buttons were a minor issue but there back to normal at least for today or the next flash.

:D :(

I haven't messed with it to much but I like the appearance, plain & simple. Seems smooth and the keyboard

is different as far as hold the key and it shifts up to let you select a number or symbol instead of a letter.

Storm doesn't weigh it down with a lot of garbage he lets us add on are own garbage .

Oh I guess the camera buttons were a minor issue but there back to normal at least for today or the next flash.

That's cool, but which version are you talking about? 25008? Or 23511?

Does anyone have ICS working via bluetooth on Rob's ROMs? I can get connected, but when I bring up the browser on my laptop - it says no connection to internet. Can someone give me a step-by-step of how to do this? Do I need to enter IP address manually, or should it be DHCP on both i910 and laptop? Help!

Thanks...arniep

Guest arirang

first taste in storm's kitchen and flashed 23511. this'll be my 3rd from this branch, and 2nd with 23511. 1st impressions--1st 15 minutes literally--awesome start and close Samsung animation, screen response is the best i've felt, like glass, and default samsung lite KB is polished, accurate, and eye-pleasing. the personal touches are well cooked in.

UPDATE: 2hrs later, fiddled with every hard key [including shutter function], connections [WIFI, GPS, BT, active sych/exchange]. this chef's 23511 is superb.

Edited by arirang

Guest thedeathofme

So Rob... Should I go with 23511 or 28005?

This is my first flash, so if their's gonna be issues I need to resolve please let me know.

Oh yeah and anyone flash from Windows 7 Mobile Device Center instead of activesync?

Thank you

Great looking ROM by the way

Edited by thedeathofme

Thanks, all.... I think I am going to re-flash to 23511 tomorrow. I like 28005 but I have noticed that the scrolling isn't what it was under the COM5 branch.

/Chimp

Photoviewer version has expired and unable to launch to register. comments, PM, suggestions, appreciated.

I have the same issue...

I guess I can purchase for $29.95 if I really, really like it OR

reflash when the next rom comes out. Then go to Resco or Handango and get another trial version. ( may have to format main storage on phone which I do every few rom"s anyway)

Hope this helps..

Photoviewer version has expired and unable to launch to register. comments, PM, suggestions, appreciated.

RC version of Photo Viewer has been posted at the Resco forums. Use that until the 'real' version comes out (today perhaps?)

/Chimp

Guest Rob Storm
RC version of Photo Viewer has been posted at the Resco forums. Use that until the 'real' version comes out (today perhaps?)

/Chimp

Give me a few to get my hands on the RC. I will recook 23511 with it.