Carbon Omega

Guest airreak

Guest wraith2626
just touch the clock on the main page and it will take you to the adjustment page

I have tried adjusting the time this way as I am having the same problems. When I set the correct time zone time still shows incorrect off by three hours. Any ideas?

I am using the v.5 rom and loving it. For the life of me though I cannot get the time displayed correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Guest popsinger
I have tried adjusting the time this way as I am having the same problems. When I set the correct time zone time still shows incorrect off by three hours. Any ideas?

I am using the v.5 rom and loving it. For the life of me though I cannot get the time displayed correctly.

Thanks in advance.

i had the same problem initially where the time was about 3 hours behind but once i clicked the clock and it went to time adjustment, i corrected time zone and adjusted the clock there too and clicked ok. from then on, the clock matched the correct time. if you only corrected the time zone and not the clock, then it will remain incorrect. hope this helps...

Guest mikentammy610

Has anybody tried to use a custom taskbar with this rom or will it break it?

AWESOME ROM LOVIN IT.. BEEN USING BGILL BUT DECIDED TO TRY M2D2..

Thanks

Guest wraith2626
i had the same problem initially where the time was about 3 hours behind but once i clicked the clock and it went to time adjustment, i corrected time zone and adjusted the clock there too and clicked ok. from then on, the clock matched the correct time. if you only corrected the time zone and not the clock, then it will remain incorrect. hope this helps...

Thanks - for some reason I always thought the time auto updated once connected to Verizon. I simply did not think to manually adjust the time. Had one of those "slap the forehead" moments when I saw your reply though...and a good laugh at myself.

Much appreciated on the quick response too!

Guest noobers

Love the ROM!! It's the first ROM I've flashed and haven't had to make a ton of adjustments.

Couple of questions--and some of these probably aren't ROM specific . . .

1. Is there a way to make the data connection terminate automatically. I like using Palringo and getting the weather updated automatically, but it seems like there is always an active data connection, which drains the battery. I've tried a cab called GPRS_1_Minute_Auto_Disconnect, but it didn't seem to help.

2. I've made the necessary (I think) adjustments in settings, but I can't get the phone to make a sound when I get a text message.

3. I've selected it in Buttons Settings, but I can't get the flashlight to work.

4. Is there a way to determine how often the weater updates on both the home screen and the weather page?

5. Is there a way to change the order of the icons on the slider at the bottom of the screen?

6. Is there a way to increase the volume on bluetooth connections?

Also, (and this is mice nuts) I can only see the second digit of the "Last Update: xx minutes ago" on the weather page. Any way to adjust that?

Again, I'm only asking these piddly questions because I really like the ROM. Otherwise, I would just keep trying others.

Edited by noobers

Love the rom so far. Didnt have time to scroll the 12 pages but curious if anyone else is having a battery life issue? Flashed last night and with a fresh charge my phone shut down in 4 hours. Maybe I was playing to much or my battery is at the end of it's life but wanted to ask if anyone else was having a similar issue.

Guest airreak

1. I am sure someone made a program that will turn off the data connection, I will look for it

2. Some people have been having sound issues until they restart the phone and then set the sounds you want

3. I do not use the flashlight so I have not tried to get it to work, but it has not worked right in all the new builds

4. I have not found a setting for the weather on the home page, I am not sure about the weather tab, I think it uses the same settings as the home page

5. it is possible to change the order of the tabs, but it would require editing the HTCHomeSettings.xml in the windows folder

6. I do not know of a bluetooth volume setting

on the last update mine shows ok so I do not know what is up with yours

the battery issue if you use the phone a while and do not diconnect the data connection it is going to use the battery fast, but mine lasts all day on a charge with mild use.

Guest noobers
1. I am sure someone made a program that will turn off the data connection, I will look for it

2. Some people have been having sound issues until they restart the phone and then set the sounds you want

3. I do not use the flashlight so I have not tried to get it to work, but it has not worked right in all the new builds

4. I have not found a setting for the weather on the home page, I am not sure about the weather tab, I think it uses the same settings as the home page

5. it is possible to change the order of the tabs, but it would require editing the HTCHomeSettings.xml in the windows folder

the battery issue if you use the phone a while and do not diconnect the data connection it is going to use the battery fast, but mine lasts all day on a charge with mild use.

Thanks for the response, and for your hard work.

Guest boltsub9

nice rom i got used to typing longways instead of side ways. so it doesnt really bother me that the keyboard does not stretch when it turn sideways. But whats on my mind is when is the next release coming out and will there be great improvements. tanks. ohh and another thing, Why does it say "NO SERVICE" on the top left hand side of the screen sometimes instead of home. when i actually do have service.

Edited by boltsub9

Guest jezze boi

there is also M2DC which allows you to change the tab order and backgrouund as well as some other stuff like setting a default internet browser...

the cab can't be too hard to find

also, airreak, thanks for all your dedication to this

hopefully we don't lose you to the omnia II soon ;)

a problem i noticed and i'm not sure if it's the app or something else

in the previous ROMs, i've been able to launch S2P and minimize with the end key while it still played the music

now, it doesn't seem to let me exit it unless selecting exit from the menu or pressing the call key

however, it doesn't minimize it

if solution can't be found, it's okay

thanks again for your beautiful work

(added Leo theme and weather semi-animations on the home tab ;))

Guest nmayer79

Any chance on getting cab for m2d with the photo tab working? Using 23511 now and the cab for m2d isnt acting right, ie weather wont update, browser wont come up from home screen, and of course photo tab not working, will reflash back to carbon if that the only way. This is the best m2d around, just trying out 23511 to see what hype is about com 5 branch.

Edited by nmayer79

Guest Lexdad86

hey everyone I'm new to the M2D2 scene and I was just wondering a few things........

Is it possible to have M2D2 (touchflo) working in landscape mode also? also what do we have to have to get the weather animation effects?

That's really about it, this is my first M2D2 rom and its just amazing to say the least,

Great job and thank you for the help

Guest jezze boi
hey everyone I'm new to the M2D2 scene and I was just wondering a few things........

Is it possible to have M2D2 (touchflo) working in landscape mode also? also what do we have to have to get the weather animation effects?

That's really about it, this is my first M2D2 rom and its just amazing to say the least,

Great job and thank you for the help

i don't think it has been made for m2d to work in landscape yet like in HD2

the weather semi-animation cab is found in OmniaRom.com

i call it semi-animation because the weather doesn't really move but shows part of the weather covering the home tab ;)

search in m2d themes --> themes for new 2.0 build

cab found in that small thread ;) as well as a pretty good Leo theme ;)

Edited by jezze boi

Guest Lexdad86

hey thank you for the fast response, i am checking out omnia rom right now and I hope that eventually we can get M2D2 to work on the omnia in landscape also

Guest wf_2021

hey nice work, just one thing on the phone call history whenever I get a missed call, I get a notification and when i click on the notification i get "<html><body><p align = left> Incoming.." and also I can't see my call history i just get a bunch of small squares. I am wondering if I am missing something!!!!

Guest chinamanblue

.005 is wicked bad-ass Airreak. Thank you.

Minor request: when I tried to install fngkb 2.1... it seems to still be limited.

I don't get it.

Is there anyway to leave Fngkb 2.1 so it works the way it does vanilla-wise?

it had full screen stretch kb in landscape and

it had copy, paste, ... which for some stupid reason google maps doesn't provide if you hold down...

And it allowed me to turn off, on, modify autocomplete... Plus you could change the popup time so you could ensure you hit the right key easier.

Also - it's stupid, but the center Dpad button doesn't allow the halfstop that the camera does.

So you can't focus and hold then shoot when you choose.

it is binary now, focuses and shoots together as soon as you press it.

I am SOOO delighted you opted to bring back VC in .006, I can't wait. I keep having to stretch out and hold the button on the phone instead of the little one on the handsfree device.

Question: With us having to set the clock manually, I'm assuming it doesn't sync with vzw towers... does that mean it won't auto roll forward/back with daylight savings? or crossings of time zones?

GPRS 1 minute disconnect... seems to work sometimes, but not others... I hate to get the low battery alarm, look at evdo and see it's been connected for 5 hours.

Aside from this, I'm getting the best battery life I ever have. 2-3 days without recharge sometimes.

Lastly, anyone tried XCPUscalar? It seems the omnia speedsteps through various speeds but only up to about 520mhz, not the full 624. I know xcpuscalar is broken and doesn't throttle or adjust, it just maxes to 624. But I can see how this would be useful for the 640*480 video recording...battery be damned in some situations. I can't record without heavy stutters making it unwatchable.

I ordered the 6x optical telescope kit from brando for $17 free shipping. Can't wait to give this a try.

Are we stuck with the omnia camera.exe? It seems qik and other programs use proprietary camera access? Are there any other camera.exe's that would be compatible but might have better features?

Is it a total waste of time to buy a destroyed i900 and remove the front camera and re-solder it in to the i910? the pcb must still support it right? just need i900 drivers?

Thank you!

Guest medicalman

First off, thanks for the great ROM.

Everything is working smooth and clean for me, but one thing- the internet sharing. The internet sharing turns on and I can then connect my laptop to the Carbon network using the right wep key, but no internet is present for the laptop to use. When i try to install WIfirouter it does not install, assuming it is blocked by the internet sharing app programing. So is some setting not correct? or is this a bigger issue? Anyone else have thsi problem too?

Thanks so much for the great work and dedication!

T

Edited by medicalman

Guest airreak

FNGKB will be back in the next release, which will fix the camera issues also.

Clock is fixed already for version .006

the data connection I have not found a work around for

XPU I have never used

the front camera mod could be fun, but why?

WI-Fi router appears to suffer from the Wi-Fi bug just toggle the power save mode in settings and it should start back up

version .006 is going ok just not happy with the Eternal Sleep problem of build 28008

Guest jezze boi
FNGKB will be back in the next release, which will fix the camera issues also.

Clock is fixed already for version .006

the data connection I have not found a work around for

XPU I have never used

WI-Fi router appears to suffer from the Wi-Fi bug just toggle the power save mode in settings and it should start back up

version .006 is going ok just not happy with the Eternal Sleep problem of build 28008

so this means you'll be waiting for the next build?

Guest chinamanblue

dude... video conferencing!!! how badass would that be?

plus 360degree spycam w/mic if you could remotely access it... maybe like teh baby monitor program seen on Please read the site rules no links or requests for warez... there's also some program that makes the omnia emulate a usb webcam and allows a bluetooth device/wifi (i believe) to connect and stream from it.

Guest chinamanblue
dude... video conferencing!!! how badass would that be?

plus 360degree spycam w/mic if you could remotely access it... maybe like teh baby monitor program seen on Please read the site rules no links or requests for warez... there's also some program that makes the omnia emulate a usb webcam and allows a bluetooth device/wifi (i believe) to connect and stream from it.

Guest Lexdad86

Hey airreak

T was just wondering whether or not you were going to cook the "swype" keyboard into your next carbon build?? I was kinda hoping you were going to cause I love your work and your roms and I just started using swype since leo001 created our omnia port....... and its frickin awesome.

Thanks again for your amazing work