Carbon Omega

Guest airreak

Guest ChillyCat
Version .002 23064 is on first page

Good Morning airreak

Over the course of the past 4 months...... I've tried just about

EVERY "cooked" rom we have listed here. [5-6 diff ones at least]

I have liked many of them, but all have a few warts, all have "minor" bugs.

Yours by far has proved to be the best for my particcular taste.

The thing runs absolutly the smoothest and with fewest issues.

I dunno how much time it takes to produce these ROMS, but The

effort you've invested has produced one fine product.

I just D/L'd your newest, and will give it a go.....

Thanks for all you've done

Guest 6738mike

This version is now the best. Smoothest scrolling, and damn near perfect!!. I only have 2 request... 1. ability to change the tabs.(unless I am missing the setup somewhere). 2. Showaco task manager settings. This way I can have access to it from the front screen as opposed to needing to utilizing hard button or reinstalling Showaco. Thats it. Really great ROM man. It just works. No hiccups. Great JOB.

Thinking about flashing to this ROM. I'm seeing lots of great feedback and I like that it doesn't use the HTC keyboard that mucks up the camera function. Not thrilled that photos don't display on the photo tab, but that's not a deal breaker.

One question I have that I haven't seen discussed is video playback. I'm currently running an older Hart ROM with the newest M2D installed over it using the CABS from Sector. When I play back video shot with the phone camera, the video plays back but I get an error about a Qualcomm codec and the audio doesn't play back. So, the question is if I flash to this ROM, will I be able to playback and HEAR the video I shoot with the camera in the phone?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Anyone else having difficulties adding programs to the programs tab on 23064? I can add one or two, but then it starts to do odd things. For example, I add a program to the second button in the last row, but it places it in the first button of the very top row. Also, when I am able to add a program, the text for that program gets hidden behind the icon box. Hope this makes sense.

I've tried soft resetting every time I add a program. I've also tried randomly assigning the program buttons instead of going straight across, but with no luck. I didn't have this problem on 23060. Otherwise, a rock solid rom in every aspect.

Another great ROM!!! Still little bugs here and there.

Bugs:

The video recording is a bit unstable. Sometimes it records and you can view the video and then other times you just simply can't. It says "unable to read the file".

As mentioned in the first post, the photo tabs is still not working. I am really looking forward to a fix in future releases :) . Was curious as to why shokka's ROM has the photo tab working. I can't imagine the i900 has something our Verizon phones don't have that makes the photos appear. Or is there?

Also the Location tab still has the messed up picture but a quick tap on the screen fixes that. Sort of an eyesore though because airreak's ROM is so clean yet this picture is so...distorted and random.

Anyone else having difficulties adding programs to the programs tab on 23064? I can add one or two, but then it starts to do odd things. For example, I add a program to the second button in the last row, but it places it in the first button of the very top row. Also, when I am able to add a program, the text for that program gets hidden behind the icon box. Hope this makes sense.

I've tried soft resetting every time I add a program. I've also tried randomly assigning the program buttons instead of going straight across, but with no luck. I didn't have this problem on 23060. Otherwise, a rock solid rom in every aspect.

I have added a full page of programs and no problems here but I first changed back to the 3 column view as I did not like the cramped 4 columns.

Another great ROM!!! Still little bugs here and there.

Bugs:

The video recording is a bit unstable. Sometimes it records and you can view the video and then other times you just simply can't. It says "unable to read the file".

As mentioned in the first post, the photo tabs is still not working. I am really looking forward to a fix in future releases :) . Was curious as to why shokka's ROM has the photo tab working. I can't imagine the i900 has something our Verizon phones don't have that makes the photos appear. Or is there?

Also the Location tab still has the messed up picture but a quick tap on the screen fixes that. Sort of an eyesore though because airreak's ROM is so clean yet this picture is so...distorted and random.

I have added a full page of programs and no problems here but I first changed back to the 3 column view as I did not like the cramped 4 columns.

What did you use to get 3 columns?

I just used a different HTCHomeSetting.xml that had the 3 columns.

I tried M2DC to get it back to the 3 columns but the text is still overlapped.

Anyways, here is my current Homesetting file.

HTCHomeSettings.xml

I appreciate the help. I'll give your xml settings a try. I too was having the overlapping issues with M2DC.

Guest airreak

@ mike this version of showcase for the new builds doesn't have a settings program you have to adjust everything in the registry.

@ RaveOn I do not appear to have the video problem I shoot video of my kids and play it back no problem

does everyone want it back to the 3 row?

M2DC wasn't designed for this version of M2D o some of the functions will not work right that is why I did include it in the ROM

@ mimjun thanks for trying to help

If anyone wants the original homesetting.xml with the 3 row just let me know

I am working with Shokka to figure out why the pic tab will not work on the i910 but does on the i900 I can not find anything yet, but I am working on it. I am also trying to get the all programs list to fill the screen.

any other ideas feel free to share

Guest shinta4e

how about HTC menu and notification enhancement its so much better then 6.5's menus and cleaner then finger menu evrey so often i can get it working with your rom but not consistantly but man when i do its so bad ass looking maybe you could look into this cuz i think it would be tits and a hell of addition to your kick ass rom

EDIT: heres the link with the files and instructions its what i used to get it to work somtimes but im sure you can cook it in and get it running

htcmenus

Edited by shinta4e

@RaveOn

Good to hear it works!

@airreak

Homescreen weather is not working correctly for me :) . It keeps updating the city where I live but not the city where I actually am. Any ideas on this? Is anyone else having this problem?

Guest rustymcbain
@RaveOn

Good to hear it works!

@airreak

Homescreen weather is not working correctly for me :) . It keeps updating the city where I live but not the city where I actually am. Any ideas on this? Is anyone else having this problem?

Tap weather icon on home screen to auto update. make sure you go to settings and give gps localization permissions. Woks fine for me.

Guest TheDrizzle

Decided to take the plunge and flashed this rom last night. So far so good. One question, how do you get Showcase to terminate the process when you hit the "X". It doesn't seem to be working. I did find some registry keys under HKCU\e-Natives Technology. I tried changing "SUITE_CloseOnTap" to 1, soft reset, but still isn't working. It seems like the reg keys should be under \HKCU\Software\e-Natives Technology\Showcase (according to the XDA thread) but that key is not there. Anyone got this working?

Guest chrisp304

Hi, first off, great rom, I've gone back to Manilla after several months playing with Titanium. I like the looks of Titanium but it just seems like the interface is un-intuitive compared to the ease of Manilla.

I too am having the video and album photo issue but they are things I can live without. One problem I'm having that I can't live without is my Text Notifications have quit working. Texts magically appear without any sound or notice. More than likely its something I've screwed up messing with the registry and installing other programs. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or if its just me.

Guest TheDrizzle

+1 I have this problem too. Going to look into changing back to three columns...

Guest digitalDNA

It nice to have Youtube and Google map added.

Some issue:

1. Scrolling is not working in music: all songs, artist, playlist etc.... (did reboot and still no luck)

2. The gray background are not align with the letter in all the main pages (bottom of screen i.e: inbox, menu, phone, camera tabs etc..

3. YES I like the 3 row better than 4 row (bring 3 row back).

4. Notification Sounds(tab) is not doing anything, therefore cannot set sound.

Edited by digitalDNA

Guest glsniper

Does anyone know how to get EZInput 2.1 to install on this ROM? I love the rom and the way it looks, I've just gotten used to the EZInput keyboard. When I install the cab and soft reboot, the phone never boots. I assume it's because I don't have certain packages instead which I couldn't find.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Guest TheDrizzle
Does anyone know how to get EZInput 2.1 to install on this ROM? I love the rom and the way it looks, I've just gotten used to the EZInput keyboard. When I install the cab and soft reboot, the phone never boots. I assume it's because I don't have certain packages instead which I couldn't find.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I don't think you can, from what I read in the other thread it HAS to be cooked in. However, it screws up the camera, thats why I switched to this ROM from WoZZeRs.

Guest airreak

Some issue:

1. Scrolling is not working in music: all songs, artist, playlist etc.... (did reboot and still no luck)

I did not get this problem but I will test it some more

2. The gray background are not align with the letter in all the main pages (bottom of screen i.e: inbox, menu, phone, camera tabs etc..

Please explain more I do not see what you are talking about

3. YES I like the 3 row better than 4 row (bring 3 row back).

3 row will be back in next release

4. Notification Sounds(tab) is not doing anything, therefore cannot set sound.

Mine works fine I can change sounds (I only installed one ringtone) you have to add more if you want

Ezinput isn't fully functional with the Omnia yet, and will not install by .cab

I am working an a FNGKB skin that looks like EZinput it should be in the next release