Carbon Omega

Guest airreak

Guest TheDrizzle

I think the scrolling issue with the music player is just it is not compatible with kinetic scrolling. If you use the (small) scrollbar on the side it scrolls ok. I have the same problem with PHM RegEdit, not sure why.

Guest digitalDNA

1. Scrolling is not working in music: all songs, artist, playlist etc.... (did reboot and still no luck)

I did not get this problem but I will test it some more

***Re-flash again, but it is not helping.

2. The gray background are not align with the letter in all the main pages (bottom of screen i.e: inbox, menu, phone, camera tabs etc..

Please explain more I do not see what you are talking about

***Noob error, the block is half gray half black, so with black background only see the half gray. My bad.

3. YES I like the 3 row better than 4 row (bring 3 row back).

3 row will be back in next release

***Great, will be waiting.

4. Notification Sounds(tab) is not doing anything, therefore cannot set sound.

Mine works fine I can change sounds (I only installed one ringtone) you have to add more if you want

Ezinput isn't fully functional with the Omnia yet, and will not install by .cab

***Settings/Sounds/ Still do nothing, just highlight and that's it. It does not take me to another page or tab.

***Start/Settings/Sounds and Notifications = work.

Stupid question----- Is it me or I have to wait a little longer when booting up. I seem to be stuck or freeze at the screen "touch me". Reboot a few time to get pass that or remove batt.

Thanks.

Edited by digitalDNA

Guest shinta4e

Hey man if you dont end up putting the htc menus in your next rom could you just cab it up and post it cuz i have been trying and waiting for so long to have these menus it would be so tits if you put them in your next rom but if not please post a cab as a personal favor to me and ill be sure to send a pepsi or 12 your way

Guest airreak

DNA on first boot of these new custom ROMs we the cooks usually take out the Windows Welcome crap so you do not have to go through setting up the phone every time you flash, to get past the touch me screen just tap the top left of the screen and it will finish loading M2D, from then on it should load as normal.

shinta I have the files I will see what I can do. Just need a little time to make sure everything works OK

Guest mr_bungalow

don't have much to add except this rom rules.

Is there any way to see missed calls on the front page? This is my first time with Manilla and I'm trying to figure out why I waited so long!

Thanks!

Guest Cragger
trying to get missed calls on the home page

the htc menu stuff isn't playing nice I am still trying to get them to work on my ROM

Hi Airreak, trying out your ROM for the first time...great work!

Not sure which "home page" you mean, but just noticed missed calls and waiting v-mail notifications aren't showing up for me on the lock screen nor the TouchFlo home page. I get pp-up Windows notifications Ok if I don't lock the phone, but otherwise if I lock the phone I have no notifications of missed calls or v-mail anywhere.

Guest Cragger

Hi Airreak, on a different topic...

Do you happen to know what changes allow the nice smooth scrolling in these custom ROMs vs. e.g. Wozzers ultralite ROM? Can "it" (whatever the changes are) be added after the fact or does it have to be cooked in to make it work effectively? I know installing FTouchSL is part of it, but that's not all of it -- for example the bounce back effect is still missing...

Thanks - am sure others will be interested in your response too...

Regards

-Craig

Guest airreak

shinta got it working I hope you like it I do not see it as being any better than std. MS

cragger there two options for scrolling available in the CPRs of Mobile and with the FTouchSL trick they work pretty good

the bounce at the bottom of pages was removed by MS I am afraid they are gone for good

Guest shinta4e
Have you tried FingerSuite? It is basically the same thing:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=459125

Not sure if this is what airreak is using, but it does add HTC-like menus to all winMo apps.

yeah but the real htc menus like the ones in the link of my previous posts are much better looking as well as having fluid animation

Guest shinta4e
shinta got it working I hope you like it I do not see it as being any better than std. MS

cragger there two options for scrolling available in the CPRs of Mobile and with the FTouchSL trick they work pretty good

the bounce at the bottom of pages was removed by MS I am afraid they are gone for good

i thought you said you were working with the files to make them work i mean why would you tell me to go download the cab over at xda when you said you getting them to work properly?

Guest airreak

The link you posted had two cabs to install to get it working and that messed everything up. I found the best way to get it to work on my ROM was just this cab. All the other files where already cooked in. UP to you try it or wait for version .003 I was just doing you a favor.

Guest shinta4e

lol no dude you got the wrong impression im not ungreatful or anything i just thought it was funny how the cab was there the whole time and that it works with your rom i thought maybe you had to edit stuff lmao im waitin for ver.003 i hope you can get these menus and the phototab workin i freakin love your roms

Guest airreak

Sorry for the mis-understanding, when I said I was working on it I meant figuring out what I needed on my ROM to get them to work. The other files in that post I tried the 1st couple times and it wouldn't work, so finally I got it to work with the cab in that post. Turns out it was simpler than we thought. I am glad you like my ROM and I am trying to make it better for the people who want it. Thanks for the menu advice, I am going to release a version .003 with and with out for the people who want to try them.

Guest shinta4e

thats great to hear cuz honestly i think it makes the rom more complete as you are going for an htc like rom it seems with everything being skinned htc style on another note how goes the work with sector on fixing the photo tab?

Guest JonathanIF

Hi airreak, I'm new here and have been thinking about updating with a new rom. Your's sounds like a real good one for my first try. I have one question, you mention that you removed MS bloatware. I just wanted to check and see if MS Office is in this rom? Thanks!

Edited by JonathanIF

Guest TheDrizzle
Hi airreak, I'm new here and have been thinking about updating with a new rom. Your's sounds like a real good one for my first try. I have one question, you mention that you removed MS bloatware. I just wanted to check and see if MS Office is in this rom? Thanks!

It's not, but I think there is a .cab of it somewhere around here, or on PPC Geeks.