Carbon Omega

Guest airreak

Guest chinamanblue
jsetty I think that is a build issue I am trying to get version .005 up tonight on build 28005 runs much better

Hey,

Looks amazing! Very tight!

+1 lockups... req battery removal.

FYI

on .004 -- if you have power save mode enabled under power settings... mine was randomly and silently shutting down and refusing to wake up (even with held down power button)... needed to remove battery and reinsert to startup. This seems to happen far less often if powersave is disabled.

Also... this is likely a noob issue... but when I install .cabs... they only show up as a generic white icon (with the blue bar across top) as if no icon was found. Some programs it does this and others not. Seems like if installed through marketplace this is not an issue.

Also - fingerkb 2.1 options menu seems truncated... I recalled a skins option and autocomplete option tabs that I don't see here anymore. Odd.

Lastly, in the programs tab... when trying to add... it only gives like five programs... none of the ones that I've installed show up with the exception of Bing.

Maybe I just need to RTFM? Sorry to trouble if this has all been dealt with before.

I love how fast this thing slides between home, contacts, txts, mail ... it's sick fast!

Can't wait for 005!

Thank you!

AND - camera won't take pictures or video for me. Camera opens... but will not capture.

Unlike others, playback is fine of pre-captured content.

Last thing - torch button... if enabled under settings, personal, buttons... last tab to right...

torch will not activate when I hold down the volume down button... as in other roms

Really mean it this time... if unplug from power... icon in upper right bar of screen still indicates charge and plug in.

I noticed the other night that the data connection, though in sleep mode and not doing anything, was active for four hours and still going... I killed it and installed the gprs 1 minute disconnect... I'm waiting to see if this does anything though... it seemed to work on CC20, CF03, BW wm7 23064... but we don't have gprs right... evdo rev. b... cdma vs. gsm right? am I crazy!?

Edited by chinamanblue

Guest airreak

china

version .005 should take care of the lockups it is running great for me

FNGKB I removed all but one skin

the programs tab scrolls up and down like the start menu to get to the rest of the programs

camera you need to use the middle scroll button on the front to take pics

THANKS! v005 loaded last night, no lockups since then. Everything i srunning very smoothly, and the new look is great. Definitely the best ROM I've run so far. Thanks again for your hard work in putting this together - it is very much appreciated!

Guest chinamanblue

DUDE!!! Very nicely done my man! This is sick fat!

+1 smooth, stable here...

[disregard this section on progs... I re-read... known issue? will try installing out of order per suggestions on page 3]

only issue so far is the programs tab/screen... (far right on titanium home)

click on some different locations to add a program, then add a different buttom program and it fills in a location you didn't choose.

very odd. hard to describe... if you choose far right top location and choose add bing it adds. you go to next lower location to add googlemaps... it places it in the bing icon's spot, replacing it. I thought i was baked... it's odd.

:D

*Still have weird white icons on all programs I install as .cab ... e.g. total commander, pthdict, g-alarm, skyfire...

but under file manager Device:\windows\start menu\ they all appear with icon. ODD... did this on BW wm7 blue 23064 as well.

[after some struggling, got VC back... working great... tried to install to memory card... but it said "recommended install to device..." so after trying to cancel, several reboots, a manual remove of VC... reboot... install directly to device... kill out of all the error messages about the lack of help files... it's working great.]

Threw me off that voice command was gone... luckily found a .cab on here somewhere [repository?]. I hope it works. I love that prog.

e.g. Call Liz; start touchplayer; start googlemaps; dial xxx-xxx-xxxx

gotta get tellme working again! Amazing!

Thanks Man!

Edited by chinamanblue

Guest nmayer79
jsetty I think that is a build issue I am trying to get version .005 up tonight on build 28005 runs much better

Thanks airreak, deff the best m2d rom anywhere, how do you think it compares to the 23511 build ala rob storm in terms of stability, speed etc, anyone have any thoughts?? Reason i ask is want his custom incoming caller id program and havent found a cab yet and it seems silly to flash to a certain rom just for one cab, ya know. Got like 50 cabs stockpiled but not that one :D

Guest airreak

Well it has been tested that 28005 is the fastest build of the new three, but as for stability they are all 3 pretty good I just liked 28005 a little better. As for the Caller ID program I am not sure what he is using.

Guest popsinger
is there a reg hack to put back the camera button to focus and take pics?

went to start/settings/personal/buttons and reassigned camera to the camera button and it worked for both still and video and fyi, the d-pad (center front hardware button) is also assigned as the camera button. hope it works for you as it did for me.

Guest chinamanblue
went to start/settings/personal/buttons and reassigned camera to the camera button and it worked for both still and video and fyi, the d-pad (center front hardware button) is also assigned as the camera button. hope it works for you as it did for me.

That's crazy... .005 and .004 didn't let me do that. Only the d-pad (center front) works for me as the capture button. The old camera button has to be used to activate camera... but then it is functionless inside the camera app. I have to use the dpad to actually take the pic or video.

I finally got VC to work with a hardware button, just had to copy a shortcut for voicecommand into windows\start menu\programs...

But, with the handsfree adapter (samsung proprietary port to 3.5mm headphone) the silver button on it now just brings up an error when I press it... instead of Voicecommand... totally bums me out. I loved voice command. Why does everyone take it out? Space? Is there something better?

Guest techfellow

Thank you, thank you...This IS the best Md2 rom I tried so far. One more thing I can't figure out how to get my wifi set up, I go to the communictation turn that on, but can see where to select the network.

Edited by techfellow

Guest airreak

When you slide over to the settings tab and press the communications section it will pop up a list of things you can turn on. When you turn on the wi-fi, if there is a network close by, it will pop up a list after the wi-fi finishes turning on. Then just pick the network you want to sign into to.

Guest techfellow

That is what I thought, but it just does not work for me. I am at work with 2 networks, one open, and one password protected, and none pops up for me. .....let me restart my phone....Nope....I am on the communication tabs Phone on, wifi on that's all.....

Now I get the icon at the top showing that it is trying to connect to something...but no option to chose the lock network or the open one.....still going through the motion for a few minutes now no connection....

Edited by techfellow

Guest airreak

try clicking on the wi-fi part of the settings instead of the on off button it should pull up more options, there you can set it to connect to work, or internet

Guest moondev

I registered just to say that this rom is AWESOME! Its amazing to look at my omnia now and see the awesome ui and is SO much more intuitive to use now. After trying a bunch of roms hoping they would tide me over until the dragon/passion I was about to give up and get a droid until i found this gem. GREAT WORK!!!!

one small question, anyone having trouble with the keyboard in landscape mode? on my phone it stays the same size as if it were portrait mode.

Thanks Again airreak!!! :D

Guest techfellow
glad it's working

Thanks for giving it a try good to hear you are liking it

After I posted I encountered the same issue on Sunday, so I was just looking for a new m2d2 rom this morning and saw warmike32 post where it is a know issue to have the wifi disappear. The fix what seems to have solved my issue and I quote "Wifi may disappear on you. If it does, toggle your wifi powersave in Settings->System->Power"

You guys are the best I/we thank you for your enthusiasm. Were is the link so I can buy you a coke or something.

Guest airreak

sorry moon the HTC EZinput keyboard doesn't work well in landscape, I am going back to FNGKB in the next release

I am glad you like my work and are enjoying your phone more

Airreak: Whatever you do with the keyboard in the next release, could you keep the standard WM keyboard accessible in some fashion? I can't seem to access it by any means, and I need a control key accessible for switching to the Japanese input solution I use. And thanks for all your efforts! This ROM is the most stable, coherent, and well thought out effort I've used.