B7300 Omnia Lite applications for i900/i910

Guest sector

Yes i will do a rom with them but not now now :( .

I am really busy lately but when i get some free time i will focus to make a nice one :) .

We'll be waiting for it.

Thankyou for your effort and your time.

Guest tibor22

Now I use Widget Plus as Today screen and I can say it's the biggest improvement I've ever had since owing Omnia! I can use a total of a dozen of widgets on the 3 screens.

I have always used widgets but the limitations of Omnia's widget sytem was quite annoying. Now I can reach almost every important program / function directly from Today.

See screenshots:

sshot002.bmp sshot003.bmp sshot004.bmp

Some more observations:

Wigdet Plus does not have the well-known Omnia widget that opens Games folder. But I managed to regain this function by creating a shortcut that does the same and putting it into the Shortcut widget. You may create similar shortcuts to any folder by altering the folder path. I attach my shortcut.

It is worth to install Data/Comm Manager also because it has an excellent feature I've missed so far: the Data con. Settings in its menu offers the possibilty to disconnect any ongoing data connection by pressing shortly the phone end key! So my device now ends data connection by short press the key and lock/unlock the Omnia by long press the same key. It's cool!

Games.zip

Guest rendeiro2005

Hi all,

I`ve installed samsung online widgets but it seem that i have a problem with the "accuweather" as you can see on images.

post-422946-1256305331_thumb.pngpost-422946-1256305337_thumb.pngpost-422946-1256305342_thumb.png

is there a "simple" :) way to solve this?

i`ve installed on My Storage

thks

Guest jeffrey2000
Hi all,

I`ve installed samsung online widgets but it seem that i have a problem with the "accuweather" as you can see on images.

is there a "simple" ;) way to solve this?

i`ve installed on My Storage

thks

Yeh I had the same problem, some converted widgets are not working ok, btw didn't know you were from setubal :) i've been there a while ago nice place :(

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest rendeiro2005
Yeh I had the same problem, some converted widgets are not working ok, btw didn't know you were from setubal :( i've been there a while ago nice place ;)

I hope you enjoyed the stay :)

Guest necosino
Hey. great work just great!

I have CallLog Installed But i want on TodayScreen When i press Contacts to open me the CallLog not the Original Samsung ContactLog, How can i do that? Thanks :) ) (6.1 ROM)

Search your registry for keys 112 and 113. These are the left and right soft keys (respectively). Change the one for Contacts from @=":MSCONTACTS" to the directory of the new lite phonebook (not sure where it installs to) for example @="/Windows/Phonebook.exe"

Guest VTomi75

Hi all!

Having browsed this topic, I'm still not clear about how I can replace standard WM calendar with this new one. I'm using SKTools, I tried to changed the :MSCALENDAR value in registry, but no success. Is this the way to go? If yes, what should I modify?

Is it possible to replace standard WM clock? And will it work with M2D correctly? (I'd like to start Samsung clock by tapping the M2D clock)

Thx!

Guest rendeiro2005
Hi all!

Having browsed this topic, I'm still not clear about how I can replace standard WM calendar with this new one. I'm using SKTools, I tried to changed the :MSCALENDAR value in registry, but no success. Is this the way to go? If yes, what should I modify?

Is it possible to replace standard WM clock? And will it work with M2D correctly? (I'd like to start Samsung clock by tapping the M2D clock)

Thx!

try this:

change tcalendar.exe to calendar.exe and then copy that file to \Windows

work with me

Guest rendeiro2005
Search your registry for keys 112 and 113. These are the left and right soft keys (respectively). Change the one for Contacts from @=":MSCONTACTS" to the directory of the new lite phonebook (not sure where it installs to) for example @="/Windows/Phonebook.exe"

what`s the exact path to 112 or 113?

i`ve done several searches for that, even for :MSCONTACT but the only thing i`ve got was on "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\" but i don`t believe this is it.

thks

Guest necosino
what`s the exact path to 112 or 113?

i`ve done several searches for that, even for :MSCONTACT but the only thing i`ve got was on "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\" but i don`t believe this is it.

thks

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112] and [...\113]

Sorry, @="" is the title to show up on the Today screen

Open = "" is what you change to link to the new contacts program.

Guest jeffrey2000
i`ve found another problem (at least with me) :D

post-422946-1256310330_thumb.png

how can i solve this one?

once again...thks

On factory ROM (I use DXID1) most of the Widget Plus widgets work! But you shoud make some tweaks... The ones I made may be useful for others:

Since Omnia Lite's JInbox.exe has not been extracted yet, the Notification widget shows the number of unread SMS / E-mail but does nothing on click. --> I installed the Samsung's SilverInbox.exe (present on older Omnia ROMs) to Windows directory and renamed to 'jinbox.exe'. Now the Notification widget opens SilverInbox (that is not a perfect app but better than nothing).

I hope I could help a bit.

tibor22's solution worked great for me... just rename silverinbox.exe to jinbox.exe in the windows folder.

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest rendeiro2005
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112] and [...\113]

Sorry, @="" is the title to show up on the Today screen

Open = "" is what you change to link to the new contacts program.

ok thks. now it work :D

However I had to make some changes and here for those who needed.

1º i had to crreate a new key "113" because it doen`t exit

2º copy the "Default" and "Open" Sting Value from 112 to 113 Key

3º put the path on "Open" to \Windows\SECContact.exe

et....voilá

that`s it

Guest necosino
ok thks. now it work :P

However I had to make some changes and here for those who needed.

1º i had to crreate a new key "113" because it doen`t exit

2º copy the "Default" and "Open" Sting Value from 112 to 113 Key

3º put the path on "Open" to \Windows\SECContact.exe

et....voilá

that`s it

Glad I could help :D

Guest sebolex
Works perfectly, thank you :D Any ideas for tclock? ;)

Same as calendar. Change filename and replace the original one :P

Edited by sebolex

Guest VTomi75
Same as calendar. Change filename and replace the original one :D

I cannot. Clock.exe doesn't let itself overwritten. I tried it with Total Commnader. Anyone please recommend me a perfect "tool" for this :P

Guest joweedeame
Works perfectly, thank you :D Any ideas for tcalendar? ;)

Hi Guys,

I have a question... Why can't I copy and paste the original calendar from Windows foldeR?

I want to make a back up before i overwrite it with tcalendar.

By renaming tcalendar and overwriting calendar in the windows folder.

furthermore,

Will this work for SPB mobile shell 3.5?

If I do this and clicked the calendar would it give me tcalendar?

thanks for all the help! :P

Guest rendeiro2005
Works perfectly, thank you :D Any ideas for tclock? :P

You can`t do the same as for calendar.

The only way i know is do the same as i described on post #341 and for key 113 put \Windows\tclock.exe on Open Sting Value.

Edit: you can try as necosino said on post #348

Edited by rendeiro2005