B7300 Omnia Lite applications for i900/i910

Guest sector

Guest Melih3d

Great job man, using the apps, like a dream. . . About the Keyboard, it's nice and all but it seems to be overlapping the bottom bar, can I do anything about that, if this was covered before, I'm sorry, I think someone else asked about the same thing but never got an answer.. Can it get fixed somewhere within the registry?? thanks a bunch.. :-)

Guest dopeness

This is a great thread!! I am using Evidence's 20/20 v8 ROM n the i910. I installed the new keyboard and to my surprise I actually like it.

I am having problems with two other programs.

SHAREPIX: this program will not initiate when I press the icon in the start menu. The phone freezes up and I have to do a soft rest. Any ideas as to why and how to fix it?

Photo Album. This actually works for min in portrai /and landscape. The problem is none of the options buttons work at all (ok, menu etc.). Has anyone encountered this and know a fix. I really like this photo viewer and would liketo keep using it. Thanks in advance

Guest dopeness
How can we remove the Omnia Lite Dialer. No Solution?!?!?

I don't know what happened to this thread. It was on fire for a moment and then burned out. I wish I could help you with you question, but I got several of my own. :D

Guest ilikenwf

On the dialer, it doesn't pull up the phonebook (samsung or otherwise) when I hit the button. Any chance I could map it to the winmo phonebook? Also, when I hit the call log button, it briefly brings it up but then the log disappears.

Guest necosino
Wondering if anyone with an i910 got the call log working?

I had been trying to get it working, but with no luck. If you check out my ROM, I have the dialer cooked in with the original Samsung call log and phonebook and they all work together seamlessly :D

I will keep trying to get the LITE call log and phonebooks working though!

Guest Lunchbox77
I had been trying to get it working, but with no luck. If you check out my ROM, I have the dialer cooked in with the original Samsung call log and phonebook and they all work together seamlessly :D

I will keep trying to get the LITE call log and phonebooks working though!

still cannot install the file manager

Guest anthrax79

I have installed the volume control and calendar app and neither seem to take over as the default application. I can run the calendar app from the programs screen, but if I select the calendar from the titanium panel I get the standard winmo calendar app. Also the volume keys and speaker taskbar button only select the standard slider volume app. Is there an additional step i need to take to have these new apps be the default?

I tried the data manager, but it seem to have no effect, when I attempt to run the program from the programs screen the Active task title changes to "Wireless Manager" but the screen remains the list of programs, and I have to cancel the program from the task manager.

I have installed the volume control and calendar app and neither seem to take over as the default application. I can run the calendar app from the programs screen, but if I select the calendar from the titanium panel I get the standard winmo calendar app. Also the volume keys and speaker taskbar button only select the standard slider volume app. Is there an additional step i need to take to have these new apps be the default?

The Volume Control will NOT work, unless you have the original Samsung Volume Control already installed.

Also,

You will need to find, tclock, tcalender, and rename them to clock, and calender, then copy them over the top of the windows copies, using rescuexplorer.

Another to rename is SECcontact.exe, to poutlook.exe, and copy over the windows version, also copy the original SECcontact into the windows folder before installing M2D, this will replace the contacts, and will help intergrate into M2

For the wireless manager,

find setting_a.exe, and rename to wrlsmgr.exe, and copy over windows version in windows directory

Edited by JaGuR

One other thing,

A bug if you like.

The loud speaker, with the new Omnia Lite Dialer.

It breaks after copying the Call Log dll files over the top of the others.

What I have found as a work around, is to install the Omnia Lite Dialer first, then copy the Call Log and dll files over the top using rescufile explorer, and DO NOT replace any of the files already there.

So probably best to extract the files, instead of installing the cab, and just copy over the files manually

Edited by JaGuR

I have lost the Loud Speaker again, so my original theory has been defunct :P

Is it possible that PMbackup is breaking it ?

When I restore a contact backups, it comes op with a few SECDialer errors, maybe that is breaking it ?

Not looking foward to re-installing everything agin, to see if I can fix it :D

Edited by JaGuR

Guest eclsnowman

Is it just me and the roms I have tried these on OR do very few of these apps work on i910. The only one I had working reliably is dialer... but the rest load and give the name of the app on the op of the screen but never load.

Note: Currently running 23075

I have lost the Loud Speaker again, so my original theory has been defunct :P

Is it possible that PMbackup is breaking it ?

When I restore a contact backups, it comes op with a few SECDialer errors, maybe that is breaking it ?

Not looking foward to re-installing everything agin, to see if I can fix it :D

OK,

Something I am installing seems to be breaking the Loud Speaker, am going to install things one by one, untill I figure it out ;)

OK,

Something I am installing seems to be breaking the Loud Speaker, am going to install things one by one, untill I figure it out :P

OK, singled it down to SRS WOW, breaking the Loud Speaker on the OmniaLite Dialer, which is a shame as I really liked SRSwow, but I can do with out it as I like the new dialer better.

Thanks again Sector for these wonderfull Apps, they actually make the Omnia so much better

Cheers

:D

hey Jagur,

how do i get the SECcontact.exe from a cab file?

would like to try doing as you said, just can't figure out where to get it.

thanks,

chris

Install them all first, in "My Storage",

Then go to My Storage>Program Files>Samsung , They should all be in there, under their own folders.

You will find them all there, just rename them, if they need renaming, then use rescoexplorer, to "copy to" the windows directory, replacing the files as nessasary (be sure, to change settings in rescoexplorer Menu>General>Browser tab> and untick all options).

Once you have copied them all over, you can un-install them if you want :D

Edited by JaGuR

damn resco won't let me copy to windows.........

any suggestions?

and thanks for the quick reply and help earlier.

Have you changed the settings in rescoexplorer ?