B7300 Omnia Lite applications for i900/i910

Guest sector

Guest Motofone
This way everything works because the dlls needed for phonebook to work are included in CallLog.

But, could you check if:

1. you can change the image of a contact?
  2. the reject calls function included in phonebook works?
Thanks

1. No

2. No

Well maybe not to perfection but you can set image from library.....I know it's work around but it is such an improved interface from others that it is a shame not to use it.

maybe if we keep looking the problem can be solved

Cheers.

Guest rtomakov

Just a note:

SECContact.exe.XXXX.mui (for non-english users) file that is used by original i900 SECContact.exe is NOT compatible with lite seccontact.exe.

The same thing is with calllog.exe.XXXX.mui files.

Incompatibility or .mui with the same name as .exe can be reason for missing some menues, functions etc.

Guest Muncheno

Thanks bro Sector,

I'm very happy with the B7300 photobook. It almost get my Omnia to perfection.

I'm currently using B7300 Phonebook with Omnia II dialer and your call log.

What I did is install the Omnia II dialer, then copy the B7300's phonebook and some files from calllog (SecContact.exe + CallLogDlg.dll + CallReject.Dll + ContactDlgMgr.dll).

Now my Omnia II dialer, when you press on the person name, it open the person contact in B7300 Phonebook format.

If press on the phonebook, Omnia B7300's phonebook.

For call log it still use your call log from your Rom.

Then I also change the :MSCONTACT to run SECCONTACT.EXE

Important to highlight here is, all will give you an options to use Video Call, without drilling down to specific menu to get video call option bcoz whichever you go, the options will be there.

Cheers.

Its much better to replace these new files with the old ones instead of editing the shortcuts.

In Resco file explorer use 'Copy To' function. It wont work if you select Copy and then navigate to the destination and select Paste

Guest Ochoa8a

Awesome apps!! just a question. Is there a way to integrate this apps to M2D?? eveytime I press the calendar or the clock on the home screen it still takes me to the ugly windows ones. thanks!

Guest sid0101
Great work with the new apps, d/l the newer ones now...

The new Touchplayer looks great, just locksup sometimes by searching for newer songs, but found a workaround just by disconnecting the local drive (use the storage card as "mass storage" and plugin the usb) and just search again and it seems to bypass this so maybe it's somehow a corrupted mp3 here somewhere.

Just 1 question... by enabling "DNSe" inside the new touchplayer it actually disables the "SRS WOW HD" that's already on your rom and just both don't work (you also can't switch between DNSe and SRS, so guess it's just something that's still missing) so you have to go back into the "settings\system\wow hd settings" to enable it again and don't mess with this options to keep enjoying SRS. Maybe there's a new SRS hidden in the newer B3700 Omnita Lite rom aswell which is compatible so could you check this aswell Sector?

I tried this for the touchplayer but it doesn't bypass it. it still checks the files.... i don't have music on the device memory itself and i don't have a micro sd in there as well. The "my storage" is disconnected - as i can tell when i try to locate it in resco explorer, but it still goes through 125 files, then tries to add one at which point it crashes.

Guest rigor.m

Small problems with new clock:

if you install it then uninstall you lose original Samsung Clock

if you have an alarm made with original Samsung Clock, you cannot edit or delete it - you need to delete them before , or uninstall Clock and delete them from registry

the alarm does not ring until you soft reset

Now using new clock, file manager, calendar, converter and touch player ( which works 100% - plays videos and never crashed while adding files ). Tried keyboard, it works but i'm used to the old one so I got rid of it.

Thanks a million guys !

Guest Ste-V-illage
Added new Samsung Comm Manager.

Updated Samsung keyboard (fixed)

Just can launch setting_a.exe, cannot launch setting_bt and setting_wifi.exe. able to toggle phone, BT and wifi.

Anyone figure out how to make any of these apps default yet? Especially clock and calendar! I would love to cook these in to a ROM but I can't even get them working. Great Work!!

Edited by SikYou

Guest jeffrey2000

I don't get this below screen.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40143

I suppose I should get this in the new Samsung Data manager on the wifi settings (which also doen'st appear to have a good icon), so when I open the wifi settings I get the error it can't find the "Settings_WiFI" either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components is missing". I tried installing onto my storage and on the root (device) but same thing happens same error on "phone" and bluetooth". -> Checking the new update now, i'm on work and didn't refresh yet... -> nope same problem with newer cab, correct icon still doesn't show.

I can't use the sharepix from inside the camera mode (upload to web) so guess the default location is not the same anymore as the previous official version to make this work. And the newer launcher app still doesn't appear anywhere on mine.

Edited by jeffrey2000

I don't get this below screen.

I suppose I should get this in the new Samsung Data manager on the wifi settings (which also doen'st appear to have a good icon), so when I open the wifi settings I get the error it can't find the "Settings_WiFI" either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components is missing". I tried installing onto my storage and on the root (device) but same thing happens same error on "phone" and bluetooth". -> Checking the new update now, i'm on work and didn't refresh yet...

I can't use the sharepix from inside the camera mode (upload to web) so guess the default location is not the same as the previous official version to make this work. And the newer launcher app still doesn't appear anywhere on mine.

Download the latest version. I have updated it.

Thank you! But Samsung Widgets Rapidshare link is broken. :)

Links fixed.

Guest jeffrey2000
Download the latest version. I have updated it.

Links fixed.

Tried the newer version but same problem, icon not ok, phone/wifi/bt settings not working, but 'data con. settings' is working but worked also in the previous one. Newer link still not present...

Now how about that new SRS WOW plugins (inside touchplayer, they are conflicting now with the 'older' one) and maybe the new favorite menu, dunno if there's a newer one?!

Edited by jeffrey2000