NecoSino's "The Calling"

Guest necosino

Guest necosino

Hey guys, just wanted you to know that I am alive, lol.. Just started a new job helping a company get out of Chapter 11.. So needless to say it's a lot to handle :)

Also helping a close friend with her start-up company on the weekends + school, so unfortunately I've had 0 time for my Omnia :D

@tsumeone: That icon is a WiP, and I'll probably just start scratch on one of my own making for my next release

@raret: Read my stickied post, post 2 explains flashing a custom ROM.

Guest violets69
Hey guys, just wanted you to know that I am alive, lol.. Just started a new job helping a company get out of Chapter 11.. So needless to say it's a lot to handle :)

Also helping a close friend with her start-up company on the weekends + school, so unfortunately I've had 0 time for my Omnia :D

@tsumeone: That icon is a WiP, and I'll probably just start scratch on one of my own making for my next release

So on both of the roms I tried of yours, this one is my fave. However, on both of them I don't have widgets anymore in the options for my home screen. I tried to install a few widget cabs but none of them seem to work correctly. I tried i910 Samsung Widgets by Luefig, FEWidgets Ultimate, and one other one, can't remember and too tired to look right now. Did you purposely get rid of the widgets or did I screw something up? I've flashed with both of your ROMs a few times now, but nothing yet...

Guest snapz54
Hey guys, just wanted you to know that I am alive, lol.. Just started a new job helping a company get out of Chapter 11.. So needless to say it's a lot to handle :D

Yeah yeah I know Job, family, friends, life blah blah blah, DAMNIT MAN!!!!! MY PHONE NEEDS YOU! :)

Guest tall_matt

I really like this setup - but have a couple basic questions...and these might actually be more specific to WinMo6.5 - not really sure where the home screen setup is coming from. Anyway...

1) Where can you play with any settings to the home screen? I see the Home section under settings, but that just lets me pick "windows default" Specifically, the pictures section seems to only point to My Documents/My Pictures - and I don't use that location...I put pics on the storage card.

2) How do you change the order of applications on the Windows screen? Basically, I add anything new and they're all at the bottom...can I rearrange so that things I use are on the first screen?

Thanks

Yeah yeah I know Job, family, friends, life blah blah blah, DAMNIT MAN!!!!! MY PHONE NEEDS YOU! :D

haha...lol

true sign of a flashaholic.... :D

snapz54... that was funny... :)

I'm getting over a cold / flue... saw this made me feel better - thanks

I really like this setup - but have a couple basic questions...and these might actually be more specific to WinMo6.5 - not really sure where the home screen setup is coming from. Anyway...

1) Where can you play with any settings to the home screen? I see the Home section under settings, but that just lets me pick "windows default" Specifically, the pictures section seems to only point to My Documents/My Pictures - and I don't use that location...I put pics on the storage card.

2) How do you change the order of applications on the Windows screen? Basically, I add anything new and they're all at the bottom...can I rearrange so that things I use are on the first screen?

Thanks

1. START > SETTINGS> HOME > select "Use this pic as the background" then Browse to pic you want to use

2. you need CHome Editor

Hope this helps

Guest semmtexx

Hey Nico I have been using your 23081.2 and im pretty much stuck on it. I found a cab on xda for the amarullzgreenblack theme and installed it but when i enable it, I can't change the background image. It just stays on the blank grayish black background image.

Guest flanker1743
Yes, I should be able to get a new release out tomorrow night with some updates/fixes :)

Great :D I just might be checking it out when I get the chance to flash. I'm itching to try something else out.

I do have one question, though. The omnialite programs that sector posted had some issues, IE--couldn't create a new appointment because it froze....etc. Are all of those programs fully functional in this ROM?

Guest necosino
Great :) I just might be checking it out when I get the chance to flash. I'm itching to try something else out.

I do have one question, though. The omnialite programs that sector posted had some issues, IE--couldn't create a new appointment because it froze....etc. Are all of those programs fully functional in this ROM?

Nope, right now the only 100% working apps are the Lite Dialer and Keyboard.

I'm working on the jInbox (like 60% working, has a lot of issues that I've been trying to get straightened out) as well as the lite clock (which is at like 80% right now)

I've had really very little time to work on it unfortunately, and I really want to have at least the SMS and clock working for my next big release. Chances are the next version will just be a move to a more recent WinMo version.

Nope, right now the only 100% working apps are the Lite Dialer and Keyboard.

I'm working on the jInbox (like 60% working, has a lot of issues that I've been trying to get straightened out) as well as the lite clock (which is at like 80% right now)

I've had really very little time to work on it unfortunately, and I really want to have at least the SMS and clock working for my next big release. Chances are the next version will just be a move to a more recent WinMo version.

... waiting for latest and greatest of neco.... :D

necosino, i'm having problem with sashimi / makisu - mortscrip error message please see screenie

post-525063-1259601401_thumb.png

did not install new or any other mortscript - fear of breaking other like weather from previous experience.

also can you modify calendar as lioryte have - shows next appointment? - thanks again

Guest necosino

I can try Aace.

Monday and Tuesday nights are taken this week, but I am going to try updating to latest WinMo and tweaking a few things on Wednesday. I never got to the start menu icons or Lite apps though :D

Guest lioryte
necosino, i'm having problem with sashimi / makisu - mortscrip error message please see screenie

post-525063-1259601401_thumb.png

did not install new or any other mortscript - fear of breaking other like weather from previous experience.

also can you modify calendar as lioryte have - shows next appointment? - thanks again

I can try Aace.

Monday and Tuesday nights are taken this week, but I am going to try updating to latest WinMo and tweaking a few things on Wednesday. I never got to the start menu icons or Lite apps though :D

Sashimi8 and Makisu have "issues" with newer builds- HERE- Bengalih will issue a new build hopefully soon- in the meantime...

Known Issues:

Sashimi and Makisu issues-

If you don't have Sashimi installed, please install THIS modified version. This version is modified to run with the new mortscript build and to install SC to My Storage. If you have Sashimi installed already please follow the following steps to make it work with the new mortscript and the new WM 6.5 Builds.

-Sashimi SC .cab files will install to memory- not to My Storage. Thanks to nvrmind we now have a solution- Download THIS modified .mscr file and replace the one in Sashimi Folder and it will install to My Storage

-Makisu isn't compatible with the new beta mortscript. Thanks to nvrmind we now have a solution- Download THIS modified .mscr file and replace the one in Makisu Folder and it will run.

Sashimi8 and Makisu have "issues" with newer builds- HERE- Bengalih will issue a new build hopefully soon- in the meantime...

Known Issues:

Sashimi and Makisu issues-

If you don't have Sashimi installed, please install THIS modified version. This version is modified to run with the new mortscript build and to install SC to My Storage. If you have Sashimi installed already please follow the following steps to make it work with the new mortscript and the new WM 6.5 Builds.

-Sashimi SC .cab files will install to memory- not to My Storage. Thanks to nvrmind we now have a solution- Download THIS modified .mscr file and replace the one in Sashimi Folder and it will install to My Storage

-Makisu isn't compatible with the new beta mortscript. Thanks to nvrmind we now have a solution- Download THIS modified .mscr file and replace the one in Makisu Folder and it will run.

LIORYTE - i'll give that a try - THANKS!

I can try Aace.

NECOSINO is BACK!

HE'S ALIVE! HE'S ALIVE! HE'S ALIVE!

... there's hope!

Guest necosino

Lol, I'm glad to see I have such die-hard fans. If it's any consolation, I've been running 23081.3 for the past month too. I'm actually really happy with how stable it is, and I only have to charge my phone every 2-3 days! I'm really hoping I don't mess it up too much now, haha.

Guest snapz54
Lol, I'm glad to see I have such die-hard fans. If it's any consolation, I've been running 23081.3 for the past month too. I'm actually really happy with how stable it is, and I only have to charge my phone every 2-3 days! I'm really hoping I don't mess it up too much now, haha.

So can we look forward to an update soon... I need a fix man.

Guest rtimi28
So can we look forward to an update soon... I need a fix man.

NecoSino I know you sort of created the verizon version. Is there a way you can get 28005 version with the omnia lite version. The keyboard and apps are way better and no verizon apps would be nice. I can't stand verizon and if not for the omnia I would have never been with them. I'm really tired of seeing all these htc themes, I know they are what you like, I just hope someone likes what I like.

Thanks in advance, I haven't got the time at all to even try to learn to cook a rom left alone make one. I would love to though, but until then can anyone please help. I can't get omnia 2 until end of next year which for sure we all know that there would be something way appealing than omnia 2 from Samsung. Can somebody say Bada. :D

Guest necosino
NecoSino I know you sort of created the verizon version. Is there a way you can get 28005 version with the omnia lite version. The keyboard and apps are way better and no verizon apps would be nice. I can't stand verizon and if not for the omnia I would have never been with them. I'm really tired of seeing all these htc themes, I know they are what you like, I just hope someone likes what I like.

Thanks in advance, I haven't got the time at all to even try to learn to cook a rom left alone make one. I would love to though, but until then can anyone please help. I can't get omnia 2 until end of next year which for sure we all know that there would be something way appealing than omnia 2 from Samsung. Can somebody say Bada. :D

I have no idea what you mean by HTC theme? I don't use any HTC themes, only the calculator (although I may use the HTC photo album) Could you elablorate and give some screen shots of what you are looking for or what you don't like about my ROM?

Guest rtimi28
I have no idea what you mean by HTC theme? I don't use any HTC themes, only the calculator (although I may use the HTC photo album) Could you elablorate and give some screen shots of what you are looking for or what you don't like about my ROM?

Oh sorry I was just chatting out loud. I like your roms, I just wish the new omnia lite wm6.5 with touchwiz 2 someone has some cabs but not all the cabs work. Below are the cabs that work and even the touchwiz works to an extent but I think if you build it into the rom, it might work fully. thanks again the link below is where I found cabs for it

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/294166/...-i910/page/520/