ADB, Windows 7 and the Pulse [Tutorial]

Guest xangma

Guest le_lutin

This is going to sound like a silly question, but where do I create the adb_usb.ini file?

In the first post it mentions "C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini", but I am on windows XP.

Would it be "C:\Documents and Settings\lutin\"? Anyone know?

Edited by le_lutin

This is going to sound like a silly question, but where do I create the adb_usb.ini file?

In the first post it mentions "C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini", but I am on windows XP.

Would it be "C:\Documents and Settings\lutin\"? Anyone know?

This guide is somewhat misleading in that you don't actually need to do that anymore.

You can just install in device manager with the drivers found on the T-Mobile CD you have.

Guest le_lutin
This guide is somewhat misleading in that you don't actually need to do that anymore.

You can just install in device manager with the drivers found on the T-Mobile CD you have.

Thanks for that. It still doesn't work for me though. My Pulse appears under device manager as and adb device, but whenever I type "adb devices" in the command prompt, I get no devices listed.

I am using the adb which was from Pauls sticky here ("T-Mobile Pulse review, buy link + in-box DVD download").

I just open a command prompt in the adb directory and then type the commands from there. That's correct, isn't it? I mean, adb doesn't have to be "installed", right?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried to use all hints but adb devices just shows:

List of devices attached

???????????? device

How can I edit something (I'm using Linux) that the serial number is shown up correctly?

Thanks

Guest McSpoon
How can I edit something (I'm using Linux) that the serial number is shown up correctly?

This might not help much but we discovered after changing the kernel in the Pulse that the serial number started showing up correctly. Presumably you are using an original Pulse without a modified ROM?

Guest McSpoon
Yes, I'm still using the original ROM. I want that the original runs properly before I modify it.

It's a bug in the original Pulse kernel. If you were to install any of the ROMs that would fix it. Even just rooting your phone with superboot would do it. Alternatively the T-Mobile December update might fix it (I'm not sure). Otherwise, just have to live with it.

Edit: On second thoughts, superboot might not fix it (I'm not sure if the kernel was recompiled for that).

Edited by McSpoon