CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest waremike32

I've never used that app, but it sounds useful. All my kitchens are getting a tune-up, so all Series 8/Fleo Roms will be getting updates soon. Hopefully, any bugs will be sorted out.

Guest Chapster
I've never used that app, but it sounds useful. All my kitchens are getting a tune-up, so all Series 8/Fleo Roms will be getting updates soon. Hopefully, any bugs will be sorted out.

What kind of updates are they?

Guest Tazzyez
if you had a XDA_UC folder with any cabs you wanted installed after you install a rom, it would look in that folder and start installing them and then reboot, I am having the same issue you are after removing my XDA_UC folder and all the cabs. But I just do a soft reset and it boot right up.

I am up and running as of now but next flash ill try that, thx

Guest Tazzyez
I'll confirm the alarm issue, but I'm hoping to have it fixed in the update.

Im not sure what the alarm issue is but mine works fine. Charging or not the alarm goes off right on time. Let me know if i missed something and ill test it on mine maybe we can help waremike32 help u guys

Guest waremike32

Not to worry, alarm is fixed. Ftouchsl has been modded along with Opera for improved speed (still testing to see if this is placebo :) )

Some other gfx (e.g. new dialer skin) ideas are being kicked around, but the overall performance and stability will be improved for all my ROMs.

Guest MrSmoofy

So, I'm trying out your ROM, looks good so far but I have some questions.

1. After I first flashed it, it seemed to stay on the "Welcome" screen forever and not until I pressed on the volume icon did it actually go to the main screen as expected, is this normal? I flashed it twice just in case but same results both times.

2. The weather, I'm sure this is somewhere but I can't seem to find it. How do I add US Cities that are not listed and remove A LOT if not most of what's there.

3. When you take a picture with the camera is there any way to get it to save to somewhere other then the DCIM\<SubFolder> folder. I'd like to have a \My Storage\My Documents\My Pictures and have everything go there from the camera

Thanks.

Guest MrSmoofy
So, I'm trying out your ROM, looks good so far but I have some questions.

1. After I first flashed it, it seemed to stay on the "Welcome" screen forever and not until I pressed on the volume icon did it actually go to the main screen as expected, is this normal? I flashed it twice just in case but same results both times.

2. The weather, I'm sure this is somewhere but I can't seem to find it. How do I add US Cities that are not listed and remove A LOT if not most of what's there.

3. When you take a picture with the camera is there any way to get it to save to somewhere other then the DCIM\<SubFolder> folder. I'd like to have a \My Storage\My Documents\My Pictures and have everything go there from the camera

Thanks.

Just found something weird, when I went to the map search page the area just below the map graphic looks as if it was a corrupted image (kinda like if you were using a TV antenna and getting bad reception) but then within 60 seconds it filled in with the home page background.

Guest MrSmoofy

I hate to overwhelm you but, it appears your Microsoft MyPhone you have included is not the latest as it just asked me to update and restart the device.

Should I keep going :)

Guest The Eleven
Next, is there a reason the home screen clock starts 1 hour back and then adjusts to the correct time?

It's actually an hour and two minutes back. That is a feature of M2D2 and it's good that it's in there. Otherwise the creator of this ROM wouldn't know which ROM you installed!

Guest MrSmoofy
It's actually an hour and two minutes back. That is a feature of M2D2 and it's good that it's in there. Otherwise the creator of this ROM wouldn't know which ROM you installed!

Just how does it tell him that? cause of the 2 2 in M2D2?

Guest MrSmoofy
Actually looking at mine again it's only 1hr 2min but would that be because I'm in CST?

Uhh ignore the last 2 posts apparently I need to go back to 1st grade reading or get my eyes checked.

I'd still like to know how it being 1hr 2min tells him which rom is installed.

Guest Morkai Al'Mandragon

Ive been messing with several roms ove the last few weeks, and when it comes to the dialer, I find myself always going back to t the Samsung Omnia Light dialer. Its just plain faster and more accurate than anything else I try. The only issue is though that the buttons don't work (phone book etc) which I think results in the top today bar missed call notification not working as well.

Is there a simple way to remap these functions so they would work? Or do I need to use a resource editor on the phone DLL to make this work?

Guest waremike32

@MrSmoofy, I think there is reg setting to direct the save location for the camera. If I find it, I'll post it.

Also, to change the "NO SERVICE", install and run Personalizer, and make it say whatever you want.

@Morkai, I only played w/ that dialer briefly so I'm not sure if it's in a reg, a dll, or what. But I'm using a new skin for the PhatPhingers dialer and new touch settings that work great for me. Oh, and the screen calibration bug should be fixed as well in the updates.

Edited by waremike32

Guest MrSmoofy

OK definitly need some help here.

It almost appears that photo's/ringtones/etc are stored in one location but then Microsoft MyPhone seems to back them up and then restores them to a different location. On top of that it appears the camera puts files in a different location as well.

IS there anyway to sort this out so everything is in one place and on the storage card?

sorry if this was answered, these forums are a ***** to search through.

but is there a way to switch the keyboard, i tried a bunch with no luck.

or is there a cab that will switch it (or allow me to switch it).

dont get me wrong i love the features of that kb, but i cant hit the letters, there just too small. i need to be able to rotate and get bigger keys

also thanks for the rom, the m2d2 is definitely my fav interface so far

-o and im using 8.1 m2d2 bugfix

Guest MrSmoofy
I don't have any info on MyPhone, I only use PIMBackup for contacts. Everything else is stored on my storage card or laptop.

Ok maybe you know this, when I "Explorer" the phone from XP the first folders I see are My Music, My Pictures ....

Are those folders pointing to the device memory or storage?

Guest waremike32

I use Vista, which in turn uses WMDC instead of Activesync (which I've never used) so it may be a little different. For me, if my connection settings are enabled through usb and my device is set to activesync, It shows my device/My Storage/and Storage card first. If I have my device set to usb, when I connect, it will show whichever sd card I selected.

I'm guessing for you, it is showing the Device folders.

Guest MrSmoofy
I use Vista, which in turn uses WMDC instead of Activesync (which I've never used) so it may be a little different. For me, if my connection settings are enabled through usb and my device is set to activesync, It shows my device/My Storage/and Storage card first. If I have my device set to usb, when I connect, it will show whichever sd card I selected.

I'm guessing for you, it is showing the Device folders.

Yes it looks like Microsoft MyPhone is using \My Documents\My Pictures on the device rather then using the storage card. I'm searching the registry now with CeRegistryEditor (free) to see what I find.

Guest MrSmoofy

I found these Registry entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TecAce\PhotoSlides:SlideShowPath

\My Documents\My Pictures

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Samsung\SubDirs:Image

My Pictures

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jpegimage\Shell\Save\Save Location:Default

\My Storage\My Pictures\

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wbmpimage\Shell\Save\Save Location:Default

\My Storage\My Pictures\

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pngimage\Shell\Save\Save Location:Default

\My Storage\My Pictures\

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\gifimage\Shell\Save\Save Location:Default

\My Storage\My Pictures\

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bmpimage\Shell\Save\Save Location:Default

My Pictures

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wbmpfile\Shell\Save\Save Location:Default

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\save\Save Location:Default

My Pictures

As for the Camera when I searched for DCIM I found

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM\PictureLocation:External

\My Storage\DCIM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM\PictureLocation:Internal

\My Documents\DCIM

I don't see a way of changing the folders that are inside the DCIM which kinda sucks, I guess that's hardcoded inside the camera app.

You mean teh 101 / 102 / etc subfolders the camera makes?

i never even thought about it trying to remedy it, it is a pain though

-anyone on the KB issue? as is now i (think) the stock kb is gone, as if you select it, it just goes back to the other one anyway