CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest p1nkp0sse

I'm loving the Series 8 Base 6.5 Rom. The only issue is that it is just basic. Is there another ROM identical to this but with all the stuff like wifi? I don't want M2D/Touchflo. I like the "zune" feel to my omnia but i really need Wifi! Any suggestions?

Guest waremike32
I'm loving the Series 8 Base 6.5 Rom. The only issue is that it is just basic. Is there another ROM identical to this but with all the stuff like wifi? I don't want M2D/Touchflo. I like the "zune" feel to my omnia but i really need Wifi! Any suggestions?

You've got wifi :D just go to settings->system->Power and toggle the wifi powersave if it ever disappears. Plus, the NEO is packed with apps if you're looking for something w/ more cooked in.

Guest waremike32
Trying to flash Neo, downloaded the file but can't open with Winrar or 7Zip, says it's a bad extension or corrupt. Any suggestions?

Try downloading again. 7zip should work, it's what I used to compress it.

Guest Higgy76

Im having trouble with the MD2 8.1 rom. ON the weather page i set up the city and everything but on the home screen its showing a completely different city how do i fix this

Guest Cyclonewoody
Try downloading again. 7zip should work, it's what I used to compress it.

Worked just fine. Thanks for a great ROM! Do you have a personalizer cooked in so I can get rid of "Home Service" on the home panel? Also, Is there a way to keep the photo I have as the background on the today screen even when I lock the phone?

Guest waremike32

I think I left out Personalizer for the M2D rom. Install it via cab.

Just want to run 28008 a little longer to test stability, then I'm all good to go on my updates.

To change the Lock images, name your files lockeye.png (portrait) and lockeyeL.png (Landscape) and copy into \Windows. Soft reset.

Guest Cyclonewoody
I think I left out Personalizer for the M2D rom. Install it via cab.

Just want to run 28008 a little longer to test stability, then I'm all good to go on my updates.

To change the Lock images, name your files lockeye.png (portrait) and lockeyeL.png (Landscape) and copy into \Windows. Soft reset.

Thanks again for the info. I renamed the file, dropped it into My Device\Windows and soft reset but it didn't take. I wasn't supposed to put it in any other folders was I?

Another question, have you heard anyone having issues with Active Sync for Outlook on this ROM? I get connected to exchange server fine, updates everything, but I'm not getting emails as they arrive. Checked and double checked all the settings in Sync and it's fine, even says I'm connected. Hotmail works fine so it may be my companies servers or something but thought I'd ask if anyone else had reported issues.

Guest Wildman3064132

Waremike is it possible to get the theme file that you used for the 23081 build because after installing another theme and then decided to change back to default theme I learned that theme file wasnt stored in rom and does not show in theme menu, I would like to return to default theme but I do not want to reflash just to fix this...

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You

Guest waremike32
Waremike is it possible to get the theme file that you used for the 23081 build because after installing another theme and then decided to change back to default theme I learned that theme file wasnt stored in rom and does not show in theme menu, I would like to return to default theme but I do not want to reflash just to fix this...

Any Assistance would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You

Until I find time to pack the theme into a tsk, here's what to do:

Look a few posts up #350 for the image pack. Enable classic blue first (attached), then copy back the images into \windows with total commander. Soft reset.

Classic_Blue.zip

i cant get the tvout to work, everytime i select it it just says you have to plug in your tv out cable.. which is already plugged in. and i know its working becasue the sound works just fine through the rcas. and the cable is brand new. Is there a trick to this im missing??

also what exactly was the "bluetooth issue" i was hearing about? in my 8.1 m2d2 i use bluetooth on and off alot and dont have any issues..

Can't wait for you to finish up your stability testing on the next rev :D

Guest waremike32

I don't have a TV OUT cable so I didn't test it, it may or may not function. Also, the bluetooth issue was with file transferring and syncing via bluetooth. Using a bluetooth headset was never an issue.

Guest baconinblue

I just flashed to M2D and like it a lot! I was using EVIDENCE/Mastergreeny's Flotanium 2 but never liked the Titanium side of the rom. As far as I can tell to this point, it works just as good except for one thing. I am using PhoneEx but it will not show over the rom. I am new at this and am wondering if anything needs to be adjusted for PhoneEx to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by baconinblue

Guest Wildman3064132
I just flashed to M2D and like it a lot! I was using EVIDENCE/Mastergreeny's Flotanium 2 but never liked the Titanium side of the rom. As far as I can tell to this point, it works just as good except for one thing. I am using PhoneEx but it will not show over the rom. I am new at this and am wondering if anything needs to be adjusted for PhoneEx to work. Any help would be appreciated.

That is strange because I am using Spam alert without no issue, you might want to check option menu to see if you activated a option to cause this, which build are you using.

Guest Wildman3064132
Waremike32 I love the M2D2 and Base Roms of 23081 but I haven't been able to resolve the restore error when I attempt to run backup or recovery, it seems that file access rights to the email data file may be restricted or set to read only because any time I attempt to restore information contacts restores fine but email settings and message cant be restored properly.... I have gave Hartv427 build of build 23081 a try and I can restore everything without issues but I really perfer your base rom over his because of the space amount.

Just wanted to bring this to your attention because your roms are very nice but I deal with a number of email pushed to my unit regularly and backup is a very important thing for me, hope you can look into this little bug...

Thanks, keep up the nice work...

Waremike32 I thought I would update you on the backup issue of cemail.vol files. I have searched the web and learned this is a common issue with a number if cooked roms and there hasn't been any true fix for this and as far as what has been reported that no one has been able to identify why some roms work and some dont. XDA Developers has a forum that a developer has released a attempted to fix this issue but I have had no luck with it but you may want to check it out HERE

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest waremike32

I'll check it out Wildman. Thanks.

One thing that may help (it's a shot in the dark), is installing SDKcerts before trying to restore your backup. It does allow for the overwriting of certain system files.

Guest Wildman3064132
I'll check it out Wildman. Thanks.

One thing that may help (it's a shot in the dark), is installing SDKcerts before trying to restore your backup. It does allow for the overwriting of certain system files.

Thanks, Never thought of trying that, Ill give that a try....

Guest Wildman3064132
Thanks, Never thought of trying that, Ill give that a try....

Update Waremike32 installing the SDKcerts files didnt help with SPB Backup recovery but it seem to allow Sprint Backup to recover without issues, so it looks like I will be changing backup software until SPB updates their software and resolve this bug. Hopefully someone can figure this out because SPB has been my backup software for more than at least 7 years.

Thanks Again for the feedback....

Guest eclsnowman

Waremike,

After running my own cooked base rom (23075) I am coming back. 23075 was the most stable build I have ever run on winmo yet... but I want to try the new toys. Plus I could never get my roms as clean and refined as yours. I have three quick questions before I flash to 28008.

1.) Is there a cab to switch your rom from the 4 across honeycomb start menu to the standard large icons 3 across? I have bad eyes and large fingers.

2.) Is there a cab for standard lock screen, I always change the background and the dusk outline doesn't look so good.

3.) Lastly I had just tried MrCapcoms 28008 and SRSWOW locks up thing pretty well. Is this a problem with the new builds?

Glad to see you still cooking away. Best of luck with the Fleo rom.

Guest waremike32
Waremike,

After running my own cooked base rom (23075) I am coming back. 23075 was the most stable build I have ever run on winmo yet... but I want to try the new toys. Plus I could never get my roms as clean and refined as yours. I have three quick questions before I flash to 28008.

1.) Is there a cab to switch your rom from the 4 across honeycomb start menu to the standard large icons 3 across? I have bad eyes and large fingers.

2.) Is there a cab for standard lock screen, I always change the background and the dusk outline doesn't look so good.

3.) Lastly I had just tried MrCapcoms 28008 and SRSWOW locks up thing pretty well. Is this a problem with the new builds?

Glad to see you still cooking away. Best of luck with the Fleo rom.

Here are cabs for the stock lock and start menu. Install to device and soft reset.

I haven't had any issues with SRS WOW yet, but it is a sensitive driver and can cause lock ups if it doesn't install clean on any rom.

WM_Stock_Start_Menu.cab

StockLock.cab