CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

I just updated to your newest m2d2 rom today. I absolutely love it, but I can't send text messages now. I can receive them, but cannot send any text messages. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

I just updated to your newest m2d2 rom today. I absolutely love it, but I can't send text messages now. I can receive them, but cannot send any text messages. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!

I also had this same exact problem. A hard reset fixed this though so see if that works for you!

Edit: Nevermind about the weather. Somehow working now? O_o

Oh and i'm getting occasional BSOD.

Edited by mimjun

It is lots of places on the forum, I am copying and pasting it here from MrCapcoms thread right now. It is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\, there is lots of fun stuff to play with in there. To enable Auto Rotation (MotionSensor).

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\MotionSensor]

"AutoOrientation"=dword:00000000

To:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\MotionSensor]

"AutoOrientation"=dword:00000001

I know the search on this forum can be a pain, it is really better to use google search with this domain as the target.

That worked. Thank you.

I'm not sure what I did, but TuchFlo Detacher is not working anymore. I can no longer switch between Neo and Manila using the left softkey depending on which I am in at the moment. I found the TFD Config program, but I'm not sure what to do to reset that up.

Thx.

Guest waremike32
I'm not sure what I did, but TuchFlo Detacher is not working anymore. I can no longer switch between Neo and Manila using the left softkey depending on which I am in at the moment. I found the TFD Config program, but I'm not sure what to do to reset that up.

Thx.

If you used M2DC, you may have reset the softkey mapping back to default. Nicklas described it pretty well "Using M2DC, go to assign left softkey (tabs @ Bottom). Navigate to program files/TFdetacher and click on TFDhideTF.exe.."

Edited by waremike32

Guest rfarrah
All roms are live...please report bugs and ENJOY!

Mike, this is my first flash - went without a hitch. Running your 8.5 Base since last night. Everything is very smooth once I got my head around the newer OS. Will definitely utilize XDA_UC better next time - that is way cool.

Only one issue so far: 3 times since last night my phone has simply crashed so completely that I had to take the battery out in order to get it to re-start. Once it soft resets, everything is good; all of my stuff is still there. I don't have anything special or heavy-duty loaded on it and still have PLENTY of memory, thanks to your build. Each time it crashed it was "off" on standby with screen dark. The first two times it was unlocked (hadn't loaded s2u2 yet); the third time it happened it had been auto-locked /standby.

Any ideas?

Guest The Eleven
Only one issue so far: 3 times since last night my phone has simply crashed so completely that I had to take the battery out in order to get it to re-start. Once it soft resets, everything is good; all of my stuff is still there. I don't have anything special or heavy-duty loaded on it and still have PLENTY of memory, thanks to your build. Each time it crashed it was "off" on standby with screen dark. The first two times it was unlocked (hadn't loaded s2u2 yet); the third time it happened it had been auto-locked /standby.

Any ideas?

I flashed to the Neo ROM a couple of days ago and have experienced similar shutdowns. Everything else has been working almost perfectly. I'm keeping an eye on it to see if I can find any consistancy to the problem. Even with this issue I'm really liking this ROM.

Guest waremike32

I'm testing on my end to see if I can find a cause for the lockups. I've been running the Fleo all day without one yet. Please report what you have installed if you suffer a lock up. Thanks.

Guest event121
I'm testing on my end to see if I can find a cause for the lockups. I've been running the Fleo all day without one yet. Please report what you have installed if you suffer a lock up. Thanks.

Lockups occurring with M2D only rom as well. 4th today just occured.

Programs installed:

Solitaire

VZNavigator (installed not used yet)

Visual Voicemail

Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2

Total Commander

Midomi (installed not used yet)

QuickGPS (installed not used yet)

SRS WOW

Have reflashed once, Hard Reset both device and My Storage before each.

Running M2D only ROM and getting lockups. Hope this helps!

Programs I have installed are:

PHM Registry Editor

Fingerkeyboard

Default IM Selector

HTC Clean Ram

Microsoft My Phone

G-Alarm

Resco Explorer

If you used M2DC, you may have reset the softkey mapping back to default. Nicklas described it pretty well "Using M2DC, go to assign left softkey (tabs @ Bottom). Navigate to program files/TFdetacher and click on TFDhideTF.exe.."

Here are the instructions to set up changing between TouchFlo and Titanium, as it is after flashing this ROM.

TFDetacher instructions:

1. After Flash there is no need to enable Touchflo, hit start scroll to TFDConfig. click on it. it will open up tab over to config on the bottom.

2. the first thing you will do now in the config screen is change the TouchFlo Mode. It must say "TouchFlo 2D" k that part is done.

3. Now uncheck "launch TouchFlo on start up". Check "After Launch, Hide then Show"

4. press the "change Today Left Soft Key" hit the "quick Assignments..." Arrow and press "show TouchFlo" the Text should now read TouchFlo

5. Go back to your today screen and your left soft key should now say TouchFlo you can hit that to luanch TouchFlo.

6. Go back into config and do the same for the the TouchFlo Left soft key you will want to change it to "hide TouchFlo" the text should say "today" for this setting to stick you need to soft reset but this is where the probles lies once you soft reset your today soft key will not stay it will go back to "contacts" so to do this open your fav reg editor and follow these settings:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome.

All the way down to the bottom Change SK1TEXT to Touchflo and SK1URL to \Program Files\TFDetacher\TFDShowTF.exe

Wait 30 Seconds and Soft reset so both settings will stick you will only have to do this once and you will be set!

Guest stuffman64

I had a lockup as well. The phone was in standby with the screen off. I heard the alert tone that plays when I get an email, so I picked the phone up and tried to turn it on to view the email, but it was unresponsive. I soft reset brought it back and I haven't noticed anything since.

Edit: M2D2-only ROM

Edited by stuffman64

Guest Jaizero

Ok so Ive been using this ROM for about half a day and I really like it but now Ive lost my wifi.. I did as the instructions say and toggled the power save mode from on to off but still no change. The wifi option in the comm manager is still blocked.. I can turn on the wifi with the CMWifi Wiz but I cant turn it off. Any ideas?

Guest waremike32

For your wifi issue, soft reset, then open file explorer to \windows. Run wrlsmgr to see if your wifi is present. If it isn't, toggle your wifi powersave again.

As far as the lockups go, it seems to be a WinMo build issue. 28009 & 28011 are out, but all the WMD branch builds seem to have had wake issues on 6.1 kernel devices, and these updates only have minor differences. I'll probably update with the latest COM 5 for the sake of stability. 

Guest The Eleven
I'll probably update with the latest COM 5 for the sake of stability.

Thanks Waremike. The Neo ROM is my favorite ROM to date. One issue, I use a pair of Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headphones and they have been causing me problems. I have to add them as a new device everytime I use them. I think when I pull the battery for the shutdown problem it is knocking them off the list. A simple soft reset doesn't remove them from the list. I'll check it out again when and if I have another lockup. Thanks for your great ROMs.

Guest Tazzyez

Installed M2D2V3 rom last night and no lockups or anything bad so far. Photo tab doesnt show my pics, so im looking into that. Maybe im not doing something right.

Guest Tazzyez
Thanks Waremike. The Neo ROM is my favorite ROM to date. One issue, I use a pair of Motorola S9-HD bluetooth headphones and they have been causing me problems. I have to add them as a new device everytime I use them. I think when I pull the battery for the shutdown problem it is knocking them off the list. A simple soft reset doesn't remove them from the list. I'll check it out again when and if I have another lockup. Thanks for your great ROMs.

i had the same issue with other roms and i maybe wrong but i think when you do a battery pull it loses anything in memory thats open. So if BT is on and running and you pull it loses the settings. Soft reset isnt to hard on memory run programs since it doesnt actually lose power. Im not an expert just my thoughts. Someone please correct me if im wrong im always willing to learn. I have no issues as of yet with M2D2V3 except still no photos in photo tab.

Hope i helped

Update# i got photos to work , it was me not the rom hehe you have to open it then open your album then set it as default.

Edited by Tazzyez

Guest waremike32

The gears animation is in shellres.96.dll along with a lot of other images. MS has switched the image locations in the dlls quite a bit, so carrying it over to another build may cause issues. If/when you need, just PM me and I'll make one that works for that build.

Guest The Eleven
i had the same issue with other roms and i maybe wrong but i think when you do a battery pull it loses anything in memory thats open. So if BT is on and running and you pull it loses the settings. Soft reset isnt to hard on memory run programs since it doesnt actually lose power. Im not an expert just my thoughts. Someone please correct me if im wrong im always willing to learn. I have no issues as of yet with M2D2V3 except still no photos in photo tab.

Hope i helped

Update# i got photos to work , it was me not the rom hehe you have to open it then open your album then set it as default.

I thought we might be on to something, but no. I had a lockup this afternoon and my bluetooth device stayed on the list. At this point I can't see any consistancy to the lockups other than it is always asleep when it happens. The bluetooth thing I can live with. The lockups are a problem because I could miss a couple of hours of emails and not realize the phone is locked up.

BTW: Running NEO w/ Exchange Server with:

Photo Contacts Pro

Coreplayer

Illum Software eWallet

Conduits Pocket Player

Megapinky Titanium Notification(CHome)

AVS GPSWeatherRadar

Garmin Mobile XT

Guest waremike32

At this point, I'm calling bad build for our devices. Lock ups reported on most, if not all, 28008 roms. I'm running the fleo now on 23511, it is smooth & so far totally stable w/ a lot of stuff installed. If this continues, I'll update all roms to 23511 and only update to thoroughly tested builds after. Thanks for all of your input!!! :D

Guest apatel0

hey mike,

i still have the fleo v2 rom installed and my phone also froze last night (my gf was trying to call me for some help too! eek!) but i had locked the phone before i went to sleep. normally i don't lock it and don't have it set to lock on wake either. don't know if that tidbit of info is of any help or not.

Guest waremike32

So I just can't resist a newer build  ;)

I'm running the fleo now on 28005 and so far, so good. I've installed damn near every cab I have, and I'm running about 10 things at once. No lock-ups or even so much as a slow down. Most likely, this will be the build I upload for all my roms.