CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

I don't think the video camera is working properly. Whenever i try to stop recording it just keeps on saying "Unable to read this file..."

Other than that everything seems great so far! I'm on the M2D only ROM and no lockups since flashing yesterday. Very great job Waremike. This ROM can be perfect if the camera can be fixed!

Guest thekevster

great work on the 8.5 m2d rom waremike!

i've been a fan of m2d for a while and i've been switching between m2d and flotanium roms. your m2d is by far the most clean cut and best working m2d rom of any i have tried...and i have tried alot ;)

this is the only m2d rom i have found where the pictures tab is actually working lol

i'm sure i'll be sticking with this rom for quite some time.

Guest andredabomb92
great work on the 8.5 m2d rom waremike!

i've been a fan of m2d for a while and i've been switching between m2d and flotanium roms. your m2d is by far the most clean cut and best working m2d rom of any i have tried...and i have tried alot ;)

this is the only m2d rom i have found where the pictures tab is actually working lol

i'm sure i'll be sticking with this rom for quite some time.

it works??? i thought it didnt...ima go try it out hmm

I'm running the m2d rom right now and video recording is working fine. Do you use any backup programs? Also, what cabs have you installed?

Alright I just hard reset and the camera IS working. I guess it is something I installed that is messing with it. The only backup program I use is Microsoft My Phone but I only backup the contacts and calendar items. Don't see how that would affect the camera. Anyways I will install my programs one by one and see what exactly is breaking it. Thanks again for this great ROM!

Guest myoder020
using the m2d rom i am unable to get a gps lock using google maps. plz advise

+1

Also when tapping on the find my current location 'orb' looking thing google maps crashes. I'm using the m2d rom as well.

Edit: Wow i just realized you already cooked My Phone in, I just never saw it before. That could be the problem...boy, do I feel stupid...

Edited by mimjun

Guest thekevster
it works??? i thought it didnt...ima go try it out hmm

it works, you just have to set whichever album you want as your favorite album, and it will display the pictures of that album. i set it to the 100SCAM folder.

Guest Fecious
it works, you just have to set whichever album you want as your favorite album, and it will display the pictures of that album. i set it to the 100SCAM folder.

How do you go about setting an album as your favorite?

Edit: Nevermind. Got it. ;)

Edited by Fecious

Guest waremike32

The latest Google Maps I've included is very buggy, check the thread attachments or post 454 for a working version. Install to device to overwrite the cooked in version.

Also, Google Maps has always stunk when it comes to getting your first cold gps lock. I think it times out too quick and our gps chip is lousy. If you're on a rom with titanium, use CGPS (found in BW's neo thread) or for m2d, and my overall preference, BAF GPS Toggle (only available as a today plugin). Run either of these for your first lock, then Google Maps should function fine. This is only for your very first lock and you shouldn't need it again until hard reset or reflash.

Guest infidel713

This looks great. Working alright so far.

There are a few issues i am having though...

When i try to connect to wifi, it does not always show the wifi symbol in the top bar, but it is connected and i can use it, not that big of an issue.

My other problem on the other hand is a bit worse...when i receive a text message it does not give me any sort of notification. No ring, vibrate, icon in the top bar, or green number on the text tab. Also might be having an issue sending texts. I know one has gotten through but some are not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest waremike32

Strange issues, I haven't noticed that wifi bug, but I'll look into it.

To all those having sms issues. Go into your message options in SMS and hit ok to close out. It seems some reg's aren't sticking after first flash. Not sure yet what the cause is, but this seems to be a fix. It may be that you just need to hard reset after flashing, a lot has changed under the hood for this rom, and it is recommended that you hard reset after flashing any rom for a clean install.

Let me know if these issues persist...

Guest infidel713
Strange issues, I haven't noticed that wifi bug, but I'll look into it.

To all those having sms issues. Go into your message options in SMS and hit ok to close out. It seems some reg's aren't sticking after first flash. Not sure yet what the cause is, but this seems to be a fix. It may be that you just need to hard reset after flashing, a lot has changed under the hood for this rom, and it is recommended that you hard reset after flashing any rom for a clean install.

Let me know if these issues persist...

Hard reset worked like a charm ;). WiFi now shows up and texts are now being received correctly. thank you very much.

EDIT: only thing now that i can see being an issue is the fact even when locked i can not keep the screen off (tapping the top button). Screen always come back on after 5 seconds. Nothing running int he bg as far as i can tell.

EDIT2: Also having trouble getting into the settings of a keyboard i have installed...seems to freeze up when i click the "Settings" button.

Edited by infidel713

Guest waremike32
;) FLEO build kicks ass! Dropped ya $5, thanks!

Greatly Appreciated...Cheers!

@infidel

What have you installed? Something is causing your device to repeatedly wake up.

Which keyboard?

Edited by waremike32

Guest infidel713
Greatly Appreciated...Cheers!

@infidel

What have you installed? Something is causing your device to repeatedly wake up.

Which keyboard?

Only things i had installed when i first noticed it was Resco File Explorer 2008 and the Opera Mobile 10 beta 2 (both of which ive had on previous ROMs)

As for the keyboard, its the SPB keyboard. When i click options it sits on the same screen and any tap on the screen results in a beep, and none of the buttons respond, have to use the end key to back out.

EDIT: Stays like that til i soft reset

EDIT 2: Screen issue seems to be related to wifi, when its connected i am guessing it is constantly refreshing. Not to big of deal since i wont have wifi on at all times.

Edited by infidel713

Waremike32:

Running FLEO 28011 and great so far.

Have been looking for a custom task.

First try with the i910 compatible KrazyRadd's GTR4 Bilbobrian 23064 and works, but the magnifier icon don't show up.

Also with Nilse's blue custom task from Lioryte's cab page. This one made for recent builds.

Installed first the SDK certs, soft reset and installing the custom task got an not enough permissions error.

Please, appreciate any advice.

There is a 23071 custom task from nikosxri on the General i9x0 Omnia section. Don't find any i910 reference on the thread.

If it is not i910 compatible this may trash my phone?

Thanks for your advice and help.

Edited by iandy1

Guest xmagikalx

hey Mike.. just took your advice on doing a hard reset after flashing your M2D rom. Everything's working really well but after the hard reset, I always get the notification "Radio: Initial Programming Needed" upon starting up the phone (& can't close it). Have you seen this problem or know how I can fix it? I don't even use the radio so I don't really have to get it working.. just to leave me alone with the notifications!

Guest waremike32

After a hard reset, you will always need to reprogram your device. Dial *228 and select option 1.

@iandy

Not sure what the issue is installing his taskbar. It may be that I've already included an Evenbroker.exe, which runs at startup, so it will not allow you to overwrite it while in use. Also, I'm not sure if the dll's were unsigned/signed.

Two things to try:

1. Delete the Eventbroker link from the startup folder and soft reset. Then install the cab.

2. Unzip the attached files from his cab and copy to windows using totalcommander or resco explorer. Then install the cab for the registry values and for the eventbroker startup lnk. Soft reset.

Taskbar.rar