CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

@iandy

Not sure what the issue is installing his taskbar. It may be that I've already included an Evenbroker.exe, which runs at startup, so it will not allow you to overwrite it while in use. Also, I'm not sure if the dll's were unsigned/signed.

Two things to try:

1. Delete the Eventbroker link from the startup folder and soft reset. Then install the cab.

2. Unzip the attached files from his cab and copy to windows using totalcommander or resco explorer. Then install the cab for the registry values and for the eventbroker startup lnk. Soft reset.

Thanks Waremike. #1 worked just fine.

The only side effect of installing the custom task was that I lose the cool gears waiting animation, now have the standard 4 color dots.

It is a way to get the gears waiting animation back?

Sorry for keep asking and asking. Thanks.

Guest Wildman3064132

Can someone please suggest a solution for caller id not function correctly because for some reason the system caller id doesn't identify any contacts that phone numbers with dashes (Example 648-345-5595) but if numbers dashes are removed (6483455595) caller id seems to works and shows phone contact information because right now it just shows "In Coming Call" and phone number.

I have tried changing callerid registry to 7 to correct this but it doesn't resolve contact display issue, I havent experience this bug on my unit until recent roms, im currently using Series 8.5 M2D2 BUILD 280011 and I have tried a clean flash and issue still present and the weird part is that the caller id doesn't show the contact information until I answer the phone which is backwards and call history shows the correct contact information in call history and this also seem to effect messages as well but also what is strange other caller id apps and SMS Chat reads contact information without issue but stock applications dont..

Any suggestions

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest arirang
Can someone please suggest a solution for caller id not function correctly because for some reason the system caller id doesn't identify any contacts that phone numbers with dashes (Example 648-345-5595) but if numbers dashes are removed (6483455595) caller id seems to works and shows phone contact information because right now it just shows "In Coming Call" and phone number.

I have tried changing callerid registry to 7 to correct this but it doesn't resolve contact display issue, I havent experience this bug on my unit until recent roms, im currently using Series 8.5 M2D2 BUILD 280011 and I have tried a clean flash and issue still present and the weird part is that the caller id doesn't show the contact information until I answer the phone which is backwards and call history shows the correct contact information in call history and this also seem to effect messages as well but also what is strange other caller id apps and SMS Chat reads contact information without issue but stock applications dont..

Any suggestions

flashed to same image but unable to duplicate issue with and without conditions you described. FYI, i always reset memory and hard reset phone after flashing as a general practice [and as suggested by many chefs].

Guest The Eleven

Waremike,

I installed 28011 Fleo two days ago and found the TouchFlo way too much of a memory hog. I also didn't have the programs tab in M2D2. Was it removed? Went back to 28011 Neo yesterday morning and it has been running great. The only issue I've seen is every 3rd or 4th email, Outlook will close for no reason. It doesn't seem consistant other than it never happens if I'm opening just one email. I have to check a few for it to occur. I'm using an exchange server, if that might have anything to do with it. BTW, my caller ID works fine and scrolling in emails works great as well. Congatulations on a fantastic ROM.

I wasn't aware of any email issues on 28008, but it seems fine on 28011.

It has been reported in several posts, it is an MS issue not specific to any rom. When you open a POP4 or Exchange (at least to my experience) email, scrolling a long open message is slow and unresponsive using your finger. The scroll bar works fine. I saw it reported elsewhere that 28011 and 28014 does have the issue.

Guest arirang
When you are using Touchflo and you have a missed call there should be a button that appears on people tab with a number that indicate the amount of missed calls and also the same thing shows for messages and emails...

though not a deal breaker for me, i have the same issue noted--only indication of missed call is from MS systembar missed call alert-icon. moreover, internet tab has non-responsive softkeys--launch browser, all bookmark, and browser [i use opera 10 b2]. checked registry, and m2d's opera path is correct.

UPDATE: missed call notifier issue not i910-, bad flash-, chef-specific. occurs with other chefs too

Edited by arirang

Guest arirang
Waremike,

I installed 28011 Fleo two days ago and found the TouchFlo way too much of a memory hog. I also didn't have the programs tab in M2D2. Was it removed? Went back to 28011 Neo yesterday morning and it has been running great. The only issue I've seen is every 3rd or 4th email, Outlook will close for no reason. It doesn't seem consistant other than it never happens if I'm opening just one email. I have to check a few for it to occur. I'm using an exchange server, if that might have anything to do with it. BTW, my caller ID works fine and scrolling in emails works great as well. Congatulations on a fantastic ROM.

Launcher tab was removed--haven't followed this kitchen enough to know reason for it. mail accounts via exchange and POP--unable to duplicate noted issue.

Edited by arirang

Guest Wildman3064132
flashed to same image but unable to duplicate issue with and without conditions you described. FYI, i always reset memory and hard reset phone after flashing as a general practice [and as suggested by many chefs].

Now this is a very strange thing, so you are saying when someone calls you and the contact is in you contacts with a photo the pop up windows shows the correct information for that contact not just the number? I have tested this from every angle and this happens every time for me, also could you check your contacts numbers and see if you numbers a saved without dashes, my phone saves contact nunbers as (555) 555-5555 or 555-555-5555 but if I remove dashes it reads fine..

Guest arirang
Now this is a very strange thing, so you are saying when someone calls you and the contact is in you contacts with a photo the pop up windows shows the correct information for that contact not just the number? I have tested this from every angle and this happens every time for me, also could you check your contacts numbers and see if you numbers a saved without dashes, my phone saves contact nunbers as (555) 555-5555 or 555-555-5555 but if I remove dashes it reads fine..

some contacts are with and without dashes. i tested using same contact [wife] and even modified with and without dashes to duplicate issue you're having. either way, "the pop up windows shows the correct information for that contact not just the number"

Guest waremike32

@Wildman, I think you're issues are still stemming from your backup/restore of your contacts. Still not sure what the issue is though.

@arirang, I disabled the launcher tab because I prefer my start menu to launch apps. If you want it, use the htchomesettings.xml I attached to the rom posts. Copy it to \windows and soft reset. I think you have to use total commander or resco explorer.

Edited by waremike32

Guest The Eleven
Anyone else having trouble with Google Maps in the M2D2 rom? Mine starts up but shuts down as soon as I try to do anything.

Waremike has advised to install GoogleMaps 3.2 over the 3.3 included in these ROM's. No problems with 3.2.

Guest waremike32
...moreover, internet tab has non-responsive softkeys--launch browser, all bookmark, and browser [i use opera 10 b2]. checked registry, and m2d's opera path is correct.

You must use M2DC to choose your default Browser.

Guest Wildman3064132

@Wildman, I think you're issues are still stemming from your backup/restore of your contacts. Still not sure what the issue is though.

Now that you point this out this may differently be the nature of this issue I didn't even think of that causing this issue... Thanks I now have a new direction to investigate.. By the way M2D2 38011 is still a nice rom and other than these little issues (Which doesn't reflect on your work) your work is nicely done...

Thanks for the nice work....

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest omniahdFan

Hey waremike, i appreciate all that you do for the omnia community, I loved your 420 kind rom, as ive finally went from that to your new 8.5 Neo, which i love, my problem is that i was using a black cc20 xt9 keypad cab, to type, not a single letter keyboard, i used the one which is 3 letters per block, anyway its worked with all roms ive ever used, but on this neo, it seems to only show the single letter keyboard, and you cant even find the option when you hold the button which lets you chose inputs, anyway thanks in adavance, keep up the amazing work.

Guest waremike32
Hey waremike, i appreciate all that you do for the omnia community, I loved your 420 kind rom, as ive finally went from that to your new 8.5 Neo, which i love, my problem is that i was using a black cc20 xt9 keypad cab, to type, not a single letter keyboard, i used the one which is 3 letters per block, anyway its worked with all roms ive ever used, but on this neo, it seems to only show the single letter keyboard, and you cant even find the option when you hold the button which lets you chose inputs, anyway thanks in adavance, keep up the amazing work.

Your cab is most likely incomplete. Post it and I'll add what's needed to it.

Guest sevndusty

I also love the ROM. I am new here but I do need some help. On the screen with the clock on it the weather updates automatically but its in some other place. It wont show me my weather. how do i change this manually so it shows the right place.

Guest Atamagaokashii

make sure your gps is on and go to the settings tab on m2d and turn on location services. don't know if this is the official way, but it worked for me...

Guest arirang

@arirang, I disabled the launcher tab because I prefer my start menu to launch apps. If you want it, use the htchomesettings.xml I attached to the rom posts. Copy it to \windows and soft reset. I think you have to use total commander or resco explorer.

ever since it became possible to move links around, i prefer start menu too. also, thanks for pointing out M2DC to set default browser. i hadn't used M2D in ages and forgot about Customizer--i'm highly prone to brain dumps ;)

24hr update: after day of high data use, this build is a battery sipper, and M2D isn't as greedy on the mem compared to present/past offered in other kitchens.

Edited by arirang