CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest omniahdFan

Hey waremike, Thanks so much for the quick reply. I truly am very grateful, for this problem makes me text like a snail, SLOW, heres the link to the cab http://www.4shared.com/file/172840285/fc20...9_keyboard.html , Also as a second issue i just noticed, and ive seen before but forget whats the cause, My resco explorer 2008 isnt full screen, but seemed to be when i installed it, now the top and bottom are the Main Neo screen, Thanks for everything,

Guest waremike32

I posted one. Check the thread attachments for WM_Stock_Start_Menu.cab. Install to device, soft reset.

There is a position fix cooked in for resco explorer, not sure why it would stop working. It's part of showcase task manager. Check for this reg value. Or, try installing the cab from BW's thread here

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\e-Natives Technology\Showcase]

"SUITE_PositionFix_WinClasses"="Manila;RESCO_EXPLORER_CLASS"

Also, I've attached the fixed black cc20 cab. Everything should be accessible now.

Mod_Black_CC20_xt9_keyboard.cab

Edited by waremike32

Guest Wildman3064132

@Wildman, I think you're issues are still stemming from your backup/restore of your contacts. Still not sure what the issue is though.

Thanks Waremike this information helped me come up with a resolution tor callerid issue I was having..... I ended up doing the following:

1. Backed up with Activesync

2. I purged the units contacts cemail.vol file and reloaded from a previous backup before I experienced the SPB backup bug

3. Setup Activesync to override old contact data on unit and then synced unit

4. Backed up with Sprint Backup

5. Purge Backup data again and then restored from recently made backup from Sprint Backup

It took me a minute to figure out pattern but now all appears to be working normal.

Thanks Again

Edited by Wildman3064132

is there any way to make the operator tab in m2d work? Or maybe make a blank tab.

Try this cab, works for me. To avoid problems With TFDetacher, unselect Windows Default or TouchFlo on Home/Items.

Don't need to use M2DC, this app has the option to activate the tab.

Hope this help.

M2D_OperatorSettings0.4.cab

Guest myoder020
Try this cab, works for me. To avoid problems With TFDetacher, unselect Windows Default or TouchFlo on Home/Items.

Don't need to use M2DC, this app has the option to activate the tab.

Hope this help.

M2D_OperatorSettings0.4.cab

Thanks, that did the trick. Does anyone know of a decent calender plugin?

Guest compnird
Waremike has advised to install GoogleMaps 3.2 over the 3.3 included in these ROM's. No problems with 3.2.

Thanks! I had the same thing, Google Maps wouldn't work. Loaded 3.2 from the M$ Marketplace and so far seems to be working fine.

Guest arirang

all,

RE:M2D 28011 build

though i searched this forum first and yielded no tangible directions, i have a feeling i'm not the first to have this issue, and i hope someone understands the gist of it.

i changed background [via Settings/Home/'use this picture as background'] but didnt like how it looked so i unchecked. i thought it would default to yours but it didnt, instead the top and bottom bar are cool blue, start menu appears to be using a theme to match it.

how can i restore to your theme, background, etc.

Edited by arirang

Guest waremike32

Sorry, I just haven't found the time to sit down and pack up my theme in a tsk/cab. You can't get the default back w/o hard reset, but fmedrano1977 on omniarom made this cab that is similar. There are other cabs for newer build themes out there too , lioryte posted a few as well as others.

ClassicBlue_2.cab

Guest arirang
Sorry, I just haven't found the time to sit down and pack up my theme in a tsk/cab. You can't get the default back w/o hard reset, but fmedrano1977 on omniarom made this cab that is similar. There are other cabs for newer build themes out there too , lioryte posted a few as well as others.

thanks for not only responding quickly but providing a nice-looking workaround! to get your theme, i was prepping for the worst and pre-staging for a hard-reset [moving CABs to XDA_UC folder], but i'm very satisfied with fmedrano1977's ;)

Edited by arirang

Guest yamahacore

i'm using the FLEO build on my i910, it works flawlessly if you don't change many settings.

however, my phone is no longer able to connect to verizon's 3g network. says my username/password are incorrect even though. they are right.

its there a fix for this? i actually talked to verizon tech support and they had me hard reset my phone a few times. hah.. but yeah no dice.

Guest waremike32

Double check your connection settings:

In settings go to Connections->Connections, choose manage existing connections. You should have My Connections #777

Hit Edit, then Next, You should have #777 in the field, Hit next again.

For User name: you phone #, no () or -

Password set to vzw

Finish.

Guest yamahacore
Double check your connection settings:

In settings go to Connections->Connections, choose manage existing connections. You should have My Connections #777

Hit Edit, then Next, You should have #777 in the field, Hit next again.

For User name: you phone #, no () or -

Password set to vzw

Finish.

same things going on, ive tried user name [email protected] pw vzw and also just my telephone number pw vzw

verizon tech support had me do this 3-4 times following hard resets =p. I appreciate the help though. i was thinking of maybe flashing over to another one of your roms, but im still trying to figure it out using umdl

also like to mention i've reprogrammed with verizon a few times aswell, and had them "reset" on their end why i wasn't able to authenticate but its still not working.

Edited by yamahacore

Guest yamahacore
Hmmm, are you sure you only flashed the PDA part. Reflash CF03, if it still doesn't work, it's a hardware or network issue.

verizon just called and left me a voicemail saying they reset my network settings again and now its working. love the rom. keep up the great work.

alittle bit confused about reflashing however, since my platform is different (winmo 6.5) its not recognized by umdl so im coming up with an error that the device is not recognized. not really a big deal, im happy with this build.

Guest wamsille

First, I love this ROM.  I haven't had any issues with the device locking up or freezing.  

Second, does anyone here use Evernote?  I love the app, but it isn't working properly under this ROM.  Wherever the application is supposed to be green, the colors are blue.  I can see the list of notes that I have on file with Evernote, but when I click on them, I cannot see the note.  (Or a link to download the attachment if it is a PDF file, etc)

Unfortunately, this is a bit of a deal breaker.  Do I need to install a dependency for Evernote to run? 

Guest waremike32
First, I love this ROM.  I haven't had any issues with the device locking up or freezing.  

Second, does anyone here use Evernote?  I love the app, but it isn't working properly under this ROM.  Wherever the application is supposed to be green, the colors are blue.  I can see the list of notes that I have on file with Evernote, but when I click on them, I cannot see the note.  (Or a link to download the attachment if it is a PDF file, etc)

Unfortunately, this is a bit of a deal breaker.  Do I need to install a dependency for Evernote to run? 

I've never used Evernote before personally. If it's a deal breaker and you flash back to a rom that it's completely working on...you can use DotFred's Taskmanager to view the dependencies. Long press on the exe (make sure the app is running in the background) and view modules. If you post the list (or even what rom it is fully working on) I'll take a look.

Guest arirang
Second, does anyone here use Evernote? I love the app, but it isn't working properly under this ROM. Wherever the application is supposed to be green, the colors are blue. I can see the list of notes that I have on file with Evernote, but when I click on them, I cannot see the note. (Or a link to download the attachment if it is a PDF file, etc)

i duplicated the issue too [EvernoteWM_3.3_64861.cab]. have no idea what is root cause either. i heavily use desktop version, but because the mobile version has worked on every ROM, and you can see the synced list of your docs after installing and logging in with this ROM, i didn't go so far as to open one until you brought up an issue. i saw my docs listed and assumed business as usual. nuts for this glitch.

Edited by arirang

Guest ryknow27

This may be a stupid question but, how do you replace the HTCHomeSettings.xml file to add the Launcher. I have tried but it is protected.

Disregard...I read an earlier post about using Total Commander or Resco Explorer.

Edited by ryknow27

Hi, this is my first post in this forum.

I flashed my i910 from Verizon with the Neo and Fleo versions, and everything works, but the phone.

I can't turn it on. Can someone help me? I had to reflash the CF03 version from Samsung.com, thanks. ;)

Guest Wildman3064132

Quick question, recently I noticed my screen calibration started to get out of alignment and the wrong items is reacting to touch so I decided to calibrate it but I noticed that the calibration issue wouldnt complete correctly, I have tried all the tweaks that I usually use to correct this but no luck on this build, have anyone calibrate screen on the 8.5 28011 build and if so how did it go and is there a patch for this I have overlooked?

Edited by Wildman3064132

Hi, this is my first post in this forum.

I flashed my i910 from Verizon with the Neo and Fleo versions, and everything works, but the phone.

I can't turn it on. Can someone help me? I had to reflash the CF03 version from Samsung.com, thanks. ;)

Never mind.. Disregard.. My phone is working now.

The lesson here is; always flash to the original CF03 rom from Samsung. ;)

Guest Wildman3064132
Quick question, recently I noticed my screen calibration started to get out of alignment and the wrong items is reacting to touch so I decided to calibrate it but I noticed that the calibration issue wouldnt complete correctly, I have tried all the tweaks that I usually use to correct this but no luck on this build, have anyone calibrate screen on the 8.5 28011 build and if so how did it go and is there a patch for this I have overlooked?

Never Mind, I just programed calibration remotely

Guest The Eleven
Never Mind, I just programed calibration remotely

Just curious, how did you do the remote calibration?

This has been a great week. I flashed the Neo ROM last weekend and it is working like a dream. I've had two minor issues and was wondering if anyone else is seeing them or if they are a result of a third party app. The first I reported before. Every now and then when I look at more than one email right after looking at another, Outlook will close for no apparent reason. The second is really wierd. If I go to forward an email, some (very few) contacts are missing from my contact list. They are there if I go to contacts directly, but not through Outlook. Explain that one! Strange.

Once again I've got to thank Waremike for an increadable ROM. I think I'm going to be on this one for a while.