CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Simple question, your ROM has the motion sensor settings panel removed. I know there is a registry edit to enable the motion sensor and etiquette mode. When I try it the motion sensor key (AutoRotation) is not there, I assume I should just add it?

HKCU\ControlPanel\MotionSensor

AutoRotation = 1

EtiquetteMode = 1

Guest waremike32

There are some known issues with the outlook email client in this build.

For autrotate, the key is

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\MotionSensor]

"AutoOrientation"=dword:00000001

not "rotate".

That, and the etiquette setting should be there.

Which Rom are you using?

Edited by waremike32

Guest Morkai Al'Mandragon
Quick question, recently I noticed my screen calibration started to get out of alignment and the wrong items is reacting to touch so I decided to calibrate it but I noticed that the calibration issue wouldnt complete correctly, I have tried all the tweaks that I usually use to correct this but no luck on this build, have anyone calibrate screen on the 8.5 28011 build and if so how did it go and is there a patch for this I have overlooked?

Ive actually found this usually is a hardware problem. Flashing will not fix it, although randomly if you continue the calibration process it will finally take. One fix, although it usually does not work, is clean out the little crevice around the touch screen.

There are some known issues with the outlook email client in this build.

For autrotate, the key is

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\MotionSensor]

"AutoOrientation"=dword:00000001

not "rotate".

That, and the etiquette setting should be there.

Which Rom are you using?

Thanks. I am using FLEO 28011. I had tried AutoOrientation and it did not work, whren I added AutoRotation it did.

Guest Wildman3064132
Just curious, how did you do the remote calibration?

This has been a great week. I flashed the Neo ROM last weekend and it is working like a dream. I've had two minor issues and was wondering if anyone else is seeing them or if they are a result of a third party app. The first I reported before. Every now and then when I look at more than one email right after looking at another, Outlook will close for no apparent reason. The second is really wierd. If I go to forward an email, some (very few) contacts are missing from my contact list. They are there if I go to contacts directly, but not through Outlook. Explain that one! Strange.

Once again I've got to thank Waremike for an increadable ROM. I think I'm going to be on this one for a while.

I used a application developed by someone at xda developers called MSP_RemoteAlignment

I just install and ran backup screen calibration on my other omnia and then copied file back to Windows folder on unit with issues and allowed it to override bad setting file.... It was a shot in dark but worked for me..

Sudden problem. I did a hard reset last night because I had installed some titanium stuff on top of what was cooked in and then there were things like cmulticlock that I could not uninstall. So I decided for a clean break. Today, all day, my Omnia is randamly hanging could be any app, though mostly in M2D. Once it even hung with the backlight on, I can tuen it off, but when I turn it in it is how I left it and unresponsive. I like this M2D implemementation becuase everthing in it works, I hate to flash away, but stability is the key requirement.

Any ideas?

All I have installed is the 3 accrosss titanium grid, Task Switcher, Pocket Informant, Sprite Backup, Evernote (cannot read notes), Touch Player, Total Commander, and PHM Registry Editor.

Could this have to do with the autorotation reg edit?

Thanks.

Guest rfarrah
Sudden problem. I did a hard reset last night because I had installed some titanium stuff on top of what was cooked in and then there were things like cmulticlock that I could not uninstall. So I decided for a clean break. Today, all day, my Omnia is randamly hanging could be any app, though mostly in M2D. Once it even hung with the backlight on, I can tuen it off, but when I turn it in it is how I left it and unresponsive. I like this M2D implemementation becuase everthing in it works, I hate to flash away, but stability is the key requirement.

Any ideas?

All I have installed is the 3 accrosss titanium grid, Task Switcher, Pocket Informant, Sprite Backup, Evernote (cannot read notes), Touch Player, Total Commander, and PHM Registry Editor.

Could this have to do with the autorotation reg edit?

Thanks.

Doubt it. It may have to do with your Sprite backup. If it is restoring settings that conflict with the new ROM, it could cause problems. Go for a clean install with no additional programs and see what happens - add one at a time to see if any of those are causing you problems.

FWIW I've been running M2D for two weeks and the only recurring issue is with email closing itself from time to time (but not very often). The thing is - i don't use M2D2 (but I love the clock!). Anyway, I use Mobile Shell and none of the other programs you mention, so I'm guessing here. ;) HTH!

Guest hyperspaztik

I am having a problem getting Active Sync to work on the Series 8.5 Neo, not the M2D. Anyway, when I set up Active Sync through Google, it will not complete and give me error code 0x80004005. I've checked online and haven't gotten much answered. I tried updating the phone through *228 and got nothing. I did a hard reset and got the same thing. I then re-flashed the phone and still get the same thing. All my information is correct, but it still won't work. Does anyone have any idea?

Guest waremike32
I am having a problem getting Active Sync to work on the Series 8.5 Neo, not the M2D. Anyway, when I set up Active Sync through Google, it will not complete and give me error code 0x80004005. I've checked online and haven't gotten much answered. I tried updating the phone through *228 and got nothing. I did a hard reset and got the same thing. I then re-flashed the phone and still get the same thing. All my information is correct, but it still won't work. Does anyone have any idea?

Sorry, I don't sync my device, I only use PPCPIMBackup to restore contacts. And now I use sashimi for my personal reg and cabs. I have heard using *228 option 2 can help with syncing. Maybe someone else who syncs can offer better advice.

Guest rfarrah
Sorry, I don't sync my device, I only use PPCPIMBackup to restore contacts. And now I use sashimi for my personal reg and cabs. I have heard using *228 option 2 can help with syncing. Maybe someone else who syncs can offer better advice.

Sorry, I DO sync my i910, but only through my PC and with Outlook (unfortunately) - not with Google, so I'm not sure what that process is or how different it might be than the usual way.

Doubt it. It may have to do with your Sprite backup. If it is restoring settings that conflict with the new ROM, it could cause problems. Go for a clean install with no additional programs and see what happens - add one at a time to see if any of those are causing you problems.

FWIW I've been running M2D for two weeks and the only recurring issue is with email closing itself from time to time (but not very often). The thing is - i don't use M2D2 (but I love the clock!). Anyway, I use Mobile Shell and none of the other programs you mention, so I'm guessing here. ;) HTH!

I installed sprite backup to make a backup I don't use it to restore after flashing. I always start clean there. Any ideas, I'd like to be able to use this ROM.

Guest waremike32
I installed sprite backup to make a backup I don't use it to restore after flashing. I always start clean there. Any ideas, I'd like to be able to use this ROM.

I'm not sure I understand your question. I saw you had issues when trying to uninstall some titanium apps, and that you may have messed something up when trying to edit the registry. Reflash, then hard reset and you should have a clean slate.

Guest unknowing

so I just flashed to the m2d and now when I receive a text I get no notification and doesn't show up in text inbox. it only shows in the main tab. any fix for this?

Guest rfarrah
so I just flashed to the m2d and now when I receive a text I get no notification and doesn't show up in text inbox. it only shows in the main tab. any fix for this?

I'm running the same ROM and have not seen that issue. Did you add a different app to handle messages?

If you haven't soft reset yet, try that. You might need to reflash.

Guest TheEndGame7

Can't get the Home Screen weather location set to my area...? What do I need to do? Its actually changed a few times to diffrent locations but mine... Also I seem to have a problem getting my MMS settings to stick when using a regiEdit App to change my settings... I have a Omnia i910 Flashed to MetroPCS and Im trying to set my setting in Arcsoft but they wont stick... Any ideas???

Guest waremike32
Can't get the Home Screen weather location set to my area...? What do I need to do? Its actually changed a few times to diffrent locations but mine... Also I seem to have a problem getting my MMS settings to stick when using a regiEdit App to change my settings... I have a Omnia i910 Flashed to MetroPCS and Im trying to set my setting in Arcsoft but they wont stick... Any ideas???

The homescreen weather works off of AGPS, so it sets its location automatically. I'm not sure how to adjust it if it's not working properly. It may be an issue with the cell tower you're closest to. And I'm not familiar w/ the MetroPCS setup, so I'm not sure if you could adjust your MMS settings in the messaging menu instead of the reg.

no other app installed for messaging. so I guess i might just try to reflash and hopefully it will fix itself.

Instead of reflashing, just hard reset. Or h.r. if you've already reflashed.

Edited by waremike32

Guest nfrank89

heym i've tried installing htc task manager and sdkcerts but i cant get the task manager icon to show up to the right of the clock like it's supposed to. know why this might be?

Guest waremike32

With the clock showing in the taskbar (don't know off hand how to hide it), it's difficult to see the icon. Just curious, why do you want HTC task manager? Showcase is cooked in and is much more functional on this build of WinMo.

Waremike32:

Thanks for this great ROM.

Read on other thread that Google Maps 3.3.1 is working without issues on the Omnia.

Also, found a fix for the Change background option on M2D Settings, but need

to be modified for the Omnia. I have an old QVGA HTC Wizard with a 6.5 ROM

and the same M2D 2.0 build on FLEO and the fix works perfect on it. On the Omnia

don't work as is, only shows a blank screen.

May be an update to 28014 or the build is not worth it?

Thanks.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by iandy1

Guest waremike32

Where did you read that google maps was working? I'd love to get it working properly, but all I've read was people having issues.

As for the wallpaper issue, it may have to do with the fact that we need to use a patched version of manila.exe to run on our non-htc device.

And I was running 28014 for awhile, but didn't see any major reason to upgrade. I'm on 23515 now, I'll be testing to see if it's worth an update. There's been very little difference b/w new builds lately.

Edited by waremike32

Where did you read that google maps was working? I'd love to get it working properly, but all I've read was people having issues.

As for the wallpaper issue, it may have to do with the fact that we need to use a patched version of manila.exe to run on our non-htc device.

And I was running 28014 for awhile, but didn't see any major reason to upgrade. I'm on 23515 now, I'll be testing to see if it's worth an update. There's been very little difference b/w new builds lately.

Read on Lioryte's Base thread post # 788. I will try it and report later.

The HTC Wizard is so old it behaves like a non HTC device for the M2D 2.0 install cabs. The regular 6.5 manila not work on it.

I have to use also the Patched manila 2.0 for non HTC devices and WM6.1.

Thanks for the build testing info. Looking forward for any update.

Thanks.

Guest waremike32

I'll check out Lioryte's rom and see if it is indeed working there, I see mixed reports. It was working for me for awhile too, that's why I included it in my roms, but overall, I do think there's an issue with the new gm build. Crashes have been reported on everyone's roms.

Update: I'm looking at the dependencies and I have some theories as to why it's not functioning well on many roms. It either has to do with XT9 or the dummy custsat.dll a lot of chefs use. I'll post back with more info later. Thanks for the heads up iandy1.

Update: I'm leaning towards the custsat.dll. Need further testing though...

Edited by waremike32

I'll check out Lioryte's rom and see if it is indeed working there, I see mixed reports. It was working for me for awhile too, that's why I included it in my roms, but overall, I do think there's an issue with the new gm build. Crashes have been reported on everyone's roms.

Update: I'm looking at the dependencies and I have some theories as to why it's not functioning well on many roms. It either has to do with XT9 or the dummy custsat.dll a lot of chefs use. I'll post back with more info later. Thanks for the heads up iandy1.

Update: I'm leaning towards the custsat.dll. Need further testing though...

You are welcome.

Download again the latest Google Maps cab to test with FLEO but it shuts down when trying to update My Location.

Back to 3.2.1.

Thanks for your hard work.

Guest waremike32

Ok, got GM 3.3.1 working! Not quite sure if it's a build issue or the dll that was causing the issue. Still testing further, but as of now, it's working for me on 23515.