CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest xmagikalx

Hey Mike,

I read all the posts up to this and haven't seen it mentioned.. but my phone doesn't always ring when getting a call. I didn't install much (WMarketplace, pandora, torch, midomi, opera 9.7..).

I think it's about 50% of the time my phone will ring and the other 50% it will just get a missed call then vibrate when the VM comes in (that's how I know I just missed it without ringing..). Everytime I've double checked that my volume was on then played a music file just to make sure.

I've tested the Alarm issue (I'm on 8.0 base) and there's no problem with it for me.

You ever heard of something like this?

Hey Mike,

I read all the posts up to this and haven't seen it mentioned.. but my phone doesn't always ring when getting a call. I didn't install much (WMarketplace, pandora, torch, midomi, opera 9.7..).

I think it's about 50% of the time my phone will ring and the other 50% it will just get a missed call then vibrate when the VM comes in (that's how I know I just missed it without ringing..). Everytime I've double checked that my volume was on then played a music file just to make sure.

I've tested the Alarm issue (I'm on 8.0 base) and there's no problem with it for me.

You ever heard of something like this?

go select a ringer and then try it again...thats what i had to do

Guest destrekor

Okay, so I'm still running the 8.0 M2D2 release, but I have since restarted the phone, and I tested the alarm again on battery and it works now.

I have tried a few different things and cannot get it to NOT work.

I am officially confused. Why did it not work, I have done nothing different, and now it works? Hell if I know.

Well, I may have installed a few cabs and I don't think I had soft reset following that. Maybe that was the problem?

edit:

Noticed something else, and forgot to post it.

Text messages. Something strange is going on. In some of the threaded conversations, I see all of the texts. In at least one threaded conversation, I only see my texts and not the ones the other party sent.

In one conversation I've been having, I see nothing, just a scrollable wall of white. The only way I can see what the text message says, and thankfully, is through the HTC/M2D2 SMS screen.

Most of these conversations were backed up and restored with PIM Backup, but the ones with issues have all been conversations I've continued with the new ROM. But yet, one of the threaded conversations that has continued since flashing the new ROM is entirely intact.

Edited by destrekor

Guest MajPayne

Tested the Alarm several times on the M2D2 8.1 rom and it's working as it should. The screen lock from the bottom bar of the Start Menu doesn't engage the lock. I can see the animation of the button being pressed but the utility hangs.

I have no problems receiving phone call. I always have my phone set to ring, vibrate and install a classic ringtones.

Ok would it be possible for you to make/build a rom just like the m2d that posted but with the stock m2d theme if not cool if so thanks just wonderin. Tried changing themes and the clock wont change to the white one or can this be fixed

Guest Chapster

Just a word of warning, that the ROM Neo will format "My Storage." With all the ROMs that I have flashed, this is the 1st one to format "My Storage." The one time that I didn't back it up....

Guest waremike32
Just a word of warning, that the ROM Neo will format "My Storage." With all the ROMs that I have flashed, this is the 1st one to format "My Storage." The one time that I didn't back it up....

Flashing the rom should not format any of your storage cards. If anything, you may get an option asking if you wish to format (I see this from time to time on lots of roms, but I typically format my storage before flash anyway). You may have accidentally clicked yes before you saw the message.

Edited by waremike32

Guest jcurley

I downloaded the M2d and it runs great, but I can still not get the weather on the Home tab to match up. Will someone please help me?

I cannot figure out how to change it to the local weather to match the weather tab!

Guest stupidel
I downloaded the M2d and it runs great, but I can still not get the weather on the Home tab to match up. Will someone please help me?

I cannot figure out how to change it to the local weather to match the weather tab!

it's because it doesn't, it will show the weather of what ever town your closest cell tower says you are in, there is no way to change this. While the weather tab only has a handfull of cities to choose from, mostly large ones, but doesn't change unless you change.

IOW if you drive to another town the main tab should update with that towns weather.

Guest Chapster
Flashing the rom should not format any of your storage cards. If anything, you may get an option asking if you wish to format (I see this from time to time on lots of roms, but I typically format my storage before flash anyway). You may have accidentally clicked yes before you saw the message.

You get a options if and when you do a hard reset that will ask if you like to reformat or not. You don't get an option when you flash a new ROM to your phone. Non of the ROMs that I have flashed from blazingwolf, bga7x or wozzer have ever had that option to formatted the "storage" drive at time of flash, not even your ROM.

Be careful and back up if you flash this ROM.

Guest waremike32
You get a options if and when you do a hard reset that will ask if you like to reformat or not. You don't get an option when you flash a new ROM to your phone. Non of the ROMs that I have flashed from blazingwolf, bga7x or wozzer have ever had that option to formatted the "storage" drive at time of flash, not even your ROM.

Be careful and back up if you flash this ROM.

It may happen if your My Storage/Storage Card is corrupted, that you will see an option to format after flashing a new rom, on first boot. I HAVE seen this on many roms, which is why I always format My Storage before flashing. I wasn't referring to when you select hard reset from the settings menu. I'll be looking into this, thanks for the heads up. And yes, it is always recommended to backup before flashing, but be careful how/what you restore afterwards.

Guest derrickwhitt
Ya I dont think the comm manager wifi works on the last couple builds...At least I havent gotten it to work..It acts like it works on the phone but it wont give them computer or whatever you are trying to connect with a IP address like it is suppose to.

Yeah, mine is doing the same thing. As anyone tried Wmwifirouter then?

Guest mr_bungalow

I've only tried one other m2d2 rom (carbon omega) and that one didn't show missed calls/texts/emails on the home/today screen.  Does 8.1 fix that?  

Guest thekevster
it's because it doesn't, it will show the weather of what ever town your closest cell tower says you are in, there is no way to change this. While the weather tab only has a handfull of cities to choose from, mostly large ones, but doesn't change unless you change.

IOW if you drive to another town the main tab should update with that towns weather.

behold the power of google!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=3703

worked perfectly for me.

Guest techfellow

I flashed this rom yesterday, and all has been good, until this morning when I fired up Amaze gps, I get no satellite reception, did this rom disabled GPS, am I suppose to turn it on somewhere?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Guest br91655

I using the 8.1 M2D2 rom and have been experiencing disruptions in music with my bluetooth headset whenever a notification pops up. I have to re-pair the phone and headset to get the music flowing again.

Guest waremike32
I flashed this rom yesterday, and all has been good, until this morning when I fired up Amaze gps, I get no satellite reception, did this rom disabled GPS, am I suppose to turn it on somewhere?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Yes, you must activate your gps under settings/personal/phone/services. Highlight GPS and select Change Setting. Select Location On, then tap the top hardkey to exit the menu (ok button is busted, blame MS). Soft Reset.

I using the 8.1 M2D2 rom and have been experiencing disruptions in music with my bluetooth headset whenever a notification pops up. I have to re-pair the phone and headset to get the music flowing again.

I don't have a bt headset to test, sorry.

This would have been nice if you could actually use samsung touchwiz and not htc. I hate that thing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Wipes Eyes FeWidgets should work.

Wozzers M2D2 rom picture tab is working. Is that a fix you can use?

He uses an old 6.5 GUI build for his, that does give me an idea though, the thumbnail pic may have to be moved in the xml to adjust for the new sofkey bar. I'm actually pretty new to M2D so I'm not sure on how that image is called.

Edited by waremike32

Guest cheifkeiff
here ya go

Thanks so much just flashed to 8.1 today and love it. I have not used m2d2 and I love it great rom and it's really stable too! Also what is it called just in case I want to change lock and background later?

This is a great, well-functioning rom that looks fantastic. Wonderful job! Thanks waremike.

-jho101

Quick noob question: can you change the wallpaper somehow? I press the "Wallpaper" button in the settings but nothing happens. Thanks!

Edited by jho101