CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest cheifkeiff
you can check the LS_global cpr's to find the images names.

For me, it's lockeye.png and lockeyeL.png

Thanks I was looking in the wrong .cpr thanks for the help I freaking LOVE the M2d rom

Guest RyanTheTragic13

Running the M2D rom, anyone else's volume keys still work when the phone is locked? Also, I'm still having issues with the Program launcher panel, it doesn't allow me to add programs to all the boxes...some of the boxes replace the first box on the list. Very fine work with this rom though!

Guest waremike32

Yes the volume keys are active when locked, it's been an issue with the last few builds. And the launcher issue is another known one with the new m2d. If you add apps out of order, it will stick properly. Just don't go straight across or down.

Yes, I believe the alarm issue is fixed for the neo and m2d2. Still looking into it on the base rom. If you really depend on the alarm, test it thoroughly on your device.

Edited by waremike32

Guest RyanTheTragic13
Yes the volume keys are active when locked, it's been an issue with the last few builds. And the launcher issue is another known one with the new m2d. If you add apps out of order, it will stick properly. Just don't go straight across or down.

Yes, I believe the alarm issue is fixed for the neo and m2d2. Still looking into it on the base rom. If you really depend on the alarm, test it thoroughly on your device.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Guest GollyJer

M2D2 is frickin' awesome! Thanks Mike.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the call log indicator to show up on the home screen with the calendar. I'm probably missing something simple.

Guest cmalone

^No missed calls will show on home screen. that's just a flaw in 2.0.

i still cannot get the alarm to work. hope it gets fixed soon, because i really like this rom.

thanks

Guest waremike32

I've been testing the alarm rigorously on the 8.1 m2d2 for 2 days and it has worked every time for me. The only time is has not worked, is when I had the wrong day or am/pm selected.

Guest compnird

I am using your Series 8 Base ROM and just wanted to say how much I like it. There are a few things about it that just work better in your ROM that never worked right in others... I don't know how yours is that much different but thought I would list them.

#1. GPS, I don't know why but it actually works the way I would hope in your ROM. Google Maps with the GPS enabled locks in on satellites quickly and holds onto them. Some of the other roms wouldn't even lock into a satellite signal.

#2. Video Camera lag. I've had this issue with other ROMS, the video in highest resolution is a little choppy. Don't have that issue with yours. Saving to the same place (8gb Class6 MicroSD).

#3. Touchscreen response. All cooked ROMS seem to have SOME kind of touchscreen issues, at least in my experience. They don't seems to be as responsive as the stock load. For whatever reason yours seems to work perfect and kinetic scrolling works too.

#4. Boot animations. They looks good and have a stock feel to them. I always hated taking the time to change the others' back to something simple.

Needless to say, I am sticking with this load for a while. I don't know what you did differently than anyone else but it works out well for me. I am very happy with your load!

Thanks for your hard work!

I don't know what you've done with the Series 8.1 Bugfix M2D2, but the screen looks so sharp and crisp. I'M LOVING IT!

Thank you so much for this ROM

Thank you

Oh, also, internet sharing worked for me. I renamed the SSID to i910 and let the app start up my WiFi radio. The app continues to show "waiting to accept connection" but my laptop was able to connect and surf the web.

again...excellent job on this ROM. You've won me over EVIDENCE/Mastergreeny. You guys are amazing. This community makes Omnia a super fun phone.

Thank you all.

Edited by pules

Hmm....this is strange . . .

My phone is not playing ringtones (sound) when I receive a phone call. Right now it's just vibrating. Is it just me??

Look at the screen shots. I think I've got everything configured correctly...right?

post-592253-1256854190_thumb.jpg

post-592253-1256854206_thumb.jpg

post-592253-1256854213_thumb.jpg

Guest waremike32
Hmm....this is strange . . .

My phone is not playing ringtones (sound) when I receive a phone call. Right now it's just vibrating. Is it just me??

Look at the screen shots. I think I've got everything configured correctly...right?

Yes, everything looks fine. Maybe try a different ringtone.

Also, for any sticklers out there. If you want to properly align the wallpaper on the Neo rom, change the second line of both titanium.cprs to

Top="-18"

Edited by waremike32

Yes, everything looks fine. Maybe try a different ringtone.

Also, for any sticklers out there. If you want to properly align the wallpaper on the Neo rom, change the second line of both titanium.cprs to

Top="-18"

I have tried different ringtones. This is sooo strange. I'll pull out the battery.

How does a "hard reset" work? When ever I try, it asks for a code.

Guest Morkai Al'Mandragon

I cant seem to change the keyboard with either IMSelector, or with SipChange... Im on the M2D2 8.1 rom. Any idea how i can change it as I am very partial to finger keyboard.

Guest thekevster
I cant seem to change the keyboard with either IMSelector, or with SipChange... Im on the M2D2 8.1 rom. Any idea how i can change it as I am very partial to finger keyboard.

have you installed a cab of the keyboard you want to use? as far as i can tell the only 2 keyboards cooked in are ezinput and the standard winmo keyboard.

FKB is not included in the rom. Make sure the device doesn't sleep while it's installing. Install FKB only to the device. And use this cab for IM Selector. It's what I'm using now (I prefer fkb myself). :D

is it possible to get the default samsung keyboard with xt9 cab? Shokka9_XT9_GlossBlack_v1.1 has done some updates to with extra words that makes the default keyboard AWESOME!!!

Shokka9_XT9_GlossBlack_v1.1.rar

Guest destrekor
Noticed something else, and forgot to post it.

Text messages. Something strange is going on. In some of the threaded conversations, I see all of the texts. In at least one threaded conversation, I only see my texts and not the ones the other party sent.

In one conversation I've been having, I see nothing, just a scrollable wall of white. The only way I can see what the text message says, and thankfully, is through the HTC/M2D2 SMS screen.

Most of these conversations were backed up and restored with PIM Backup, but the ones with issues have all been conversations I've continued with the new ROM. But yet, one of the threaded conversations that has continued since flashing the new ROM is entirely intact.

I imagine this may have gotten skipped over as this was part of an edit of a previous post, and other issues were being dealt with.

But waremike, any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Guest event121
I imagine this may have gotten skipped over as this was part of an edit of a previous post, and other issues were being dealt with.

But waremike, any ideas as to what the problem might be?

I had this issue as well. It began AFTER I used Microsoft's My Phone to resync my sms messages. WHAT A PAIN it was to fix, but here is what I did:

A. Delete all sms from My Phone website.

B. Resync with My Phone

C. Gave up

1. HARD RESET (for the person above that asked, the code is the last 4 of your MDN unless you changed the lock code)

2. Pledged not to use Microsoft My Phone ever again.

My issue also involved not being able to send or receive SMS at all. Before using My Phone sync, I was able to get SMS but they only showed in M2D SMS screen. Messaging > Text Messages only showed messages that I "sent" but they actually weren't sending. After the hard reset, sending from M2D SMS screen or from Messaging > Text Messages works perfectly and send/receives right away.

*Waremike, GREAT JOB. My only complaint is the stripped to nothing BASE. I prefer BASE but didn't want to spend my entire day working at Big Red installing .cab after .cab to get everything back on that I use.

Guest rubadub234
*Waremike, GREAT JOB. My only complaint is the stripped to nothing BASE. I prefer BASE but didn't want to spend my entire day working at Big Red installing .cab after .cab to get everything back on that I use.

thats what the xda_uc is fortongue.gif

great job on the base, i installed everything i could think of and still have 118mb free -wow

the base is great for running spb 3.5

thanks and great job waremike

The SMS tab.. always says no messages if when there is a bunch in the inbox.Thats a big one for me.. Bc at work i like to know i have texts by the number of new ones not to mention the scroll thru option is a plus..

Edited by umx

Guest Morkai Al'Mandragon
FKB is not included in the rom. Make sure the device doesn't sleep while it's installing. Install FKB only to the device. And use this cab for IM Selector. It's what I'm using now (I prefer fkb myself). :D

I dont know of any roms that include FKB, so yes, I know I have to install it lol.

Your cab worked perfectly though, HUGE thanks for that... I think my Omnia has a new rom for a good long while..well unless the new flash turns out to be a rom inclusion only.

Guest happytang

Hi Mike,

Regarding the Camera issue, got fixed with a format and reset.

So I also figured out that using M2DC for anything (including just removing the tabs) will actually break M2D in some way or form. Since I have no qualms with anything outside of the order of my tabs and how many are displayed, I decided to just manually edit the HTCHomeSettings myself. Took me a while to figure out how to actually overwrite the file as it is cooked into the ROM. Anywho's I got rid of the tabs I wanted and reordered them without breaking M2D.

However I was wondering how do I switch the soft keys that display for the tabs? Right now when you're on the home tab I see Phone and Camera. I would like for these to be Contacts and Call Log. Do you think this is possible?