CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest Fecious

Is there any fix for the Clock automatically changing from an hour earlier? Everytime I go back to the home screen, my clock says it's an hour earlier, then switches to the current time. Rom is great, clock is just acting strange. :D

Guest mr_bungalow
Is there any fix for the Clock automatically changing from an hour earlier? Everytime I go back to the home screen, my clock says it's an hour earlier, then switches to the current time. Rom is great, clock is just acting strange. :D

That's a "feature" of m2d2

So how about those 2 things i was curious about.. The m2d2 settings and the SMS issues. Cant even get the phone to vibrate or sound notifactions or hell even the on screen saying u have 2 new msgs,, Ur rom is the wip but love to see these fixed in the next update

Guest GollyJer
So I also figured out that using M2DC for anything (including just removing the tabs)
Not true. I use it to ONLY remove tabs without any repercussions. Are you sure you didn't try removing and changing the position at the same time?

Guest waremike32

@Morkai

Actually, the kind rom has fkb cooked in. And in the SFW Update it is the default.

@Fecious

I'm not sure how to disable the clock animation, but yes it is a feature. And a nice one at that, IMO.

@Happytang

I haven't tried to change the soft keys (for m2d2), but you may want to look into TouchFlo Detacher or KeySwop.

@umx

You probably need to hard reset to fix. I'll be looking into the possible causes. I'll be out of town for a few days, so I won't be doing any testing/fixing, but I will be checking in on the thread. I'm big on Customer Satisfaction, even though I don't even have a donate link :D

Guest Fecious

WareMike,

I agree that the animation is great. I like it a lot, but is it supposed to change from an hour early automatically like that? Does yours do the same? When I unlock my phone, it shows me the time an hour earlier, then changes to the current time. Is that normal?

Guest waremike32
WareMike,

I agree that the animation is great. I like it a lot, but is it supposed to change from an hour early automatically like that? Does yours do the same? When I unlock my phone, it shows me the time an hour earlier, then changes to the current time. Is that normal?

Yes, that's normal. It shows the incorrect time, just so you can see the animation as it resets to the correct time. It took a little getting used to honestly, but I like it now.

Guest Fecious
Yes, that's normal. It shows the incorrect time, just so you can see the animation as it resets to the correct time. It took a little getting used to honestly, but I like it now.

Oh I see, I see. I think I'll just have to get used to it too. I love everything else though, please keep up the good work. Thanks WM32

ya tired a hard reset bro and law tried ur rom to and had same problem gonna wait for the update and ill come back to try again.. .. tx again and good work.. by far u have the fav app i tried.. due to the HTC home screen

i got no problem donating once its a champ rom imo

Edited by umx

Good rom, only one really weird problem that's a big issue for me. Windows Media falls out of full screen mode after a couple of seconds while playing a video. I've noticed some ROM's have this problem and others don't. Does anyone know of a solution? Have others seen the same issue?

Thx.

I just flashed to this ROM and it is incredible. I do have a couple of minor issues.

With FingerKeyboard there is a small section above the keyboard that bugs out a little. When you press one of the keys, part of the key image gets stuck in the section.

post-507931-1256956952_thumb.jpg

My second issue is on the home screen. In the top left where it normally says "Home" it says "No Service". Is there a way to get to back to "Home" or preferably something to change it to what I want it to say.

EDIT: I just remembered Personalizer. I installed it and it works perfectly

Edited by rpmm70

Guest MechAniX.One

Great ROM Waremike. I absolutly love it. Question about Large Display tho, is it disabled? It wont open and i heard using large display would change the honeycomb to list view. Thanks

I have tried different ringtones. This is sooo strange. I'll pull out the battery.

How does a "hard reset" work? When ever I try, it asks for a code.

reflashing solved the ringtone issue.

awesome rom...thank you

Guest SweetwaterBurns
Yes the volume keys are active when locked, it's been an issue with the last few builds. And the launcher issue is another known one with the new m2d. If you add apps out of order, it will stick properly. Just don't go straight across or down.

Yes, I believe the alarm issue is fixed for the neo and m2d2. Still looking into it on the base rom. If you really depend on the alarm, test it thoroughly on your device.

Didn't see this covered, if it has been, oh well, but on the base rom I was able to get the alarms working by installing the alarm watcher cab from here.

Guest waremike32
Is there a way to change the order of the touch buttons on the bottom of M2D? If so how do I do it?

You'll have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml

(Make a backup!)

Copy to your computer and open in notepad.

Look under <tabs>

There you can enable/disable and reorder tabs.

Save it as unicode and copy back with total commander

Edited by waremike32

Guest jcurley
Hey Ware

Theme changing (using M2DC) about half the themes I get work perfectly and some don't. I understand maybe the older themes have issues because of the build and location of buttons. I only seem to run into only a Clock and weather issue on the home page. Is there another way to change themes without M2DC? And how can I fix this theme!

post-519353-1256594201_thumb.jpg

this is an example of the problem

I found this theme at

http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=715.0

I found that you can overwrite some of the files and make it work. I did this with my wifes phone.

post-506002-1257029060_thumb.png

Guest jcurley
it's because it doesn't, it will show the weather of what ever town your closest cell tower says you are in, there is no way to change this. While the weather tab only has a handfull of cities to choose from, mostly large ones, but doesn't change unless you change.

IOW if you drive to another town the main tab should update with that towns weather.

This would make sense if this said Tampa, cause I live in St Pete Florida, but it is telling me Iceland. How am I located in Iceland. Even my aGPS with google maps says I am in Iceland. As you can see from my pic above. Thank you for those trying to help with the XDA forum post, but that is not the same problem. Mine is the home screen and google maps using the towers to put me in another country, like the old MS Live Nav screen.

Can anyone help me???????

Edited by jcurley

Guest waremike32

Try reprogramming your phone and/or updating your roaming. *228

Worth a shot :D

But first, double check that you're not in Iceland :P

Edited by waremike32

Guest sbpetro
You'll have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml

(Make a backup!)

Copy to your computer and open in notepad.

Look under <tabs>

There you can enable/disable and reorder tabs.

Save it as unicode and copy back with total commander

Worked great waremike32 - Thanks for the help!

The thing keeping me from sticking with this ROM is the inability to chnage the themes. As far as I know the only way to do that is M2DC, but many do not work in that the time/date, etc. is all quashed together and does not display correctly. Is there a way to change themes? How for a neewbie to Manilla? Is there a way to tell what themes will work and which ones will not?

Guest jcurley
The thing keeping me from sticking with this ROM is the inability to chnage the themes. As far as I know the only way to do that is M2DC, but many do not work in that the time/date, etc. is all quashed together and does not display correctly. Is there a way to change themes? How for a neewbie to Manilla? Is there a way to tell what themes will work and which ones will not?

If you download the theme you want. Un-zip it to your PC. Open the folder and you will see the pictures. You can use these to overwrite the same files on your Omnia. The only files that do not work are the internet files and the clock files. Do not copy these over. Then you will get the different theme.

My wife loves Harry Potter, so I got most of this stuff to transfer over, just by simply using the files that work and not using the files that don't. If you overwrite the files using Activesync, you can delete the new files that do not work and the Omnia will restore the that file to stock. Yes, this does use some more storage than total command, but Waremike has so much on this ROM, you will not notice it.