CF03 i910 Series 8.5 ROMS - Waremike32

Guest waremike32

Guest fizeke136
I installed the 23081 Build and i think its great, however i haven't been able to figure out how to transfer my contacts in outlook to the phone contacts. This build doesn't seem to have outlook, so the only sync i can do is windows sync for music and videos when i connect my computer.

I have tried searching ways to transfer my contacts to this build, but haven't been successful. If i need to install other software to do this could someone please post a link to one. Thanks a lot!

when u sync have u tried going to options in active sync and unchecking contacts, letting it sync, then check contacts again and let it sync one more time? this usually works for me

Thanks a lot waremike. I am using vista, so i downloaded WMDC from microsoft website and it synced my outlook contacts in no time!

I have another question about GPS and Google Maps:

How much data is used when using google maps with GPS turned on? Can i install an app with preloaded maps Garmin, tomtom etc.?

I am planning on using pageplus' 1200min/txt and 50 megs data plan (Its cheap as hell... only 29), and i am trying to figure out if this should be enough for using gps with google maps several times a month (i am not planning on using the dataplan for videos or web browsing much at all).

Thanks a lot waremike. I am using vista, so i downloaded WMDC from microsoft website and it synced my outlook contacts in no time!

How much data is used when using google maps with GPS turned on? Can i install an app with preloaded maps Garmin, tomtom etc.?

I am planning on using pageplus' 1200min/txt and 50 megs data plan (Its cheap as hell... only 29), and i am trying to figure out if this should be enough for using gps with google maps several times a month (i am not planning on using the dataplan for videos or web browsing much at all).

My gmaps total is 2251 KB. I rarely use gmaps though. I mostly use www.waze.com

my total data usage is close to 600 mb and my cycle ends in 5 days.

I guess your plan might work.

Guest Wildman3064132

Now I almost gave up on 6.5 updates because of stability issues but after running across these roms I had to give them a shot, the M2D2 build is one of the best I've seen so far... And it appears to be very stable...

Nice Work

Im experiencing one issue restoring emails and text message from backups, keep getting "cemail.vol" restore error, has anyone experience this and know a work around?

Edited by Wildman3064132

There's a lot of debate over which is better/faster 23085 or 23504. I still need to run my own benchmarks for 23504, but 23085 is running very well. I'll be releasing a "FLEO" tester soon. That's a NEO/M2D2 with TouchFlo Detacher. Just putting some final touches on it.

Thanks Waremike32, looking forward to test your NEO/M2D2 ROM.

Guest derrickwhitt

Yes, you can install an app with preloaded maps. For GPS I use Garmin Mobile for SmartphoneXT - works great with WinMo 6.5 - it comes on a 2GB mini sd card.

Now I almost gave up on 6.5 updates because of stability issues but after running across these roms I had to give them a shot, the M2D2 build is one of the best I've seen so far... And it appears to be very stable...

Nice Work

Im experiencing one issue restoring emails and text message from backups, keep getting "cemail.vol" restore error, has anyone experience this and know a work around?

what backup and restore program are you using, i use PIM Backup and never had any problems.

Guest Wildman3064132
what backup and restore program are you using, i use PIM Backup and never had any problems.

I have tried PIM Backup and SPB Backup and SPB Backup gives "cemail.vol" error and PIM Backup reads error when restoring messages

Guest GollyJer

OK, opening myself up for ridicule again here but...

Where can I get some of the ring tones that come with the phone and or some decent alternative ringtones. Installing this on some friends Omnia's and finding they don't all like having the same ring tone. :)

There's a lot of debate over which is better/faster 23085 or 23504. I still need to run my own benchmarks for 23504, but 23085 is running very well. I'll be releasing a "FLEO" tester soon. That's a NEO/M2D2 with TouchFlo Detacher. Just putting some final touches on it.

curious what was result from your benchmarks for 23504 and 23085?

"FLEO" quite mysterious... what's a TouchFlo Detacher?

Guest waremike32
Sweet im dloading now. Just wanting to know if either Neo or M2D2 is skinable? Or shall i test that function? Thx for the work ill let u know as i go

Everything is skinnable :)

However, using old m2d skins can cause issues. Image swapping should be safe though.

Guest techfellow
+1 for the question

Also what program should I use for screen capture?

Found my mobiler you can view your windows mobile phone on your computer great for videos and screen capture My mobiler

Edited by techfellow

Guest Chapster
Found my mobiler you can view your windows mobile phone on your computer great for videos and screen capture My mobiler

Great program! Thank you :)

Testing Fleo at this time. I may have found a bug.... My contact pictures will not sync to the phone. All other info will sync over like email addy, phone numbers and notes.

post-493861-1257643159_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chapster