(21/1) 6.5 and 6.1 ROM RANKING - With LINKS!!

Guest jmsmartins

hi guys!

thanks for your ratings, i will update ranking asap.

i don't know about u but i think that the chefs here are making very simillar roms, and i think they don't change the roms very much, most of times only the WM build changes. don't get me wrong, i love the roms here(!), but i think it would be better if chefs work on improving their roms (for ex change all the low res icons we see in some roms, set omnialite apps except the phone skin as default, and other things that could turn their roms more "personal") instead of just changing the rom build. i don't know if any chef reads this topic but if you guys agree with me please spread the "word" :)

i would like also to thank to all chefs here for their hard work in keeping our omnias alive

cya

For me the only thing that needs to be fixed is the SMS lag and icons but thats M$'s problem but apart from that the roms are awsome and I dont really see that much difference as you stated anymore. As for icons ive created a new post so that you can all have a balanced look of Hi Resolution Icons. Heres the link and some info to get you started- http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ons-for-wm-6-5/ .

Cheers! B)

Edited by Sb.

Guest jms2367
For me the only thing that needs to be fixed is the SMS lag and icons but thats M$'s problem but apart from that the roms are awsome and I dont really see that much difference as you stated anymore. As for icons ive created a new post so that you can all have a balanced look of Hi Resolution Icons. Heres the link and some info to get you started- http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ons-for-wm-6-5/ .

Cheers! :)

have you tried the 21889 lite of mr. dhee? old UI but there is very minimal sms lag if ever. also, mms messages opens very fast in this rom .i have had very bad mms messages opening experience in windows mobile specially in my old asus p735 where mms messages will take forever to open and i even expereieced a similar thing in my i900 using the original rom and even some other custom roms. but the 21889 lite of mr dhee is blazing fast!

edit: great thread and links re hi-res icons. will give these a try probably in the weekend.

Edited by jms2367

Guest Darius P.

Ryrzy i900 Omnia WM 6.5.x ROM 28205 Normal

STABILITY: 10

SPEED: 10

RESPONSIVENESS: 9

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 10+

COOKED APPS: 10

DESIGN: 10

Rgds,

Darenas

Edited by Darius P.

Thanks! I once tried an old UI and didnt like it, reminded me of 6.1 too much B) !!

throw spb mobile on an old ui and you get a nice result. Menu are fast and menu fonts can very easy be made bigger :)

hi guys!

i don't know about u but i think that the chefs here are making very simillar roms, and i think they don't change the roms very much, most of times only the WM build changes. don't get me wrong, i love the roms here(!), but i think it would be better if chefs work on improving their roms (for ex change all the low res icons we see in some roms, set omnialite apps except the phone skin as default, and other things that could turn their roms more "personal") instead of just changing the rom build. i don't know if any chef reads this topic but if you guys agree with me please spread the "word" :D

i would like also to thank to all chefs here for their hard work in keeping our omnias alive

cya

You're absolutely right. Would be very nice if they tried something new :) ex new shell that had nothing to do with htc lookalike or small things like a new sms grafic, like ock did.

Don't get me wrong i know that making a rom is a lot of work and i'am thankfull that chefs bother to post their rom's here but like jms wrote i would be nice with something where you just go, wow that's nice B)

Guest zdarova

OCK 23518 M2D

STABILITY 10 *have not had any freezing issues

SPEED 10 *

RESPONSIVENESS 10

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY 10

COOKED APPS 7

DESIGN 10

ISSUES (major/minor) i tried to modify the m2d theme and crashed, had to do a hard reset to return as it was before.

it not includes photo manager and audio manager as tabs in Manila touchflo

Its hard from a chef's point of view because so many people want so many different things. You have to cook x amount of different roms as some want M2D some want titanium others want nothing in the ROM and then most people want the latest releases straight away! So when you look at all these things it can get hectic and they probably want to cut down on some ROM's as Nick has said he will stop the lite roms and only do flotanium because theres so much work in it and it must be hard to keep up when you get 2-3 different builds in a span of 1-2 weeks and everyone is asking when will you release the latest rom????! I think that if there was the "perfect build" that they would concentrate on it where as there is always some bug or issue arising with most builds. Thats my thought but its probably best to ask the chefs. I suppose you could ask one of your favourite chef's if he has time to cook you up something special!

Edited by Sb.

I'm a fan of the Flotanium roms. Like to switch between Neo and Manila. Been using a couple, and both are brilliant.

Nicks Flotanium 23620 Flotanium

STABILITY 10

SPEED 10

RESPONSIVENESS 10

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY 10

COOKED APPS 10

DESIGN 9

ISSUES (major/minor) Dismiss reminders and notifications.

Mambo04 Flotanium 28014

STABILITY 10

SPEED 10

RESPONSIVENESS 10

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY 10

COOKED APPS 9

DESIGN 10

ISSUES (major/minor) Minor one: Not able to add programs starting with "Q" onwards on Launcher screen (on Manila).

Guest Arash Amirfarzam

Hi mates :)

Now wich cooked win for OMNIA have high performance with high speed ?

i want to have only a win on my omnia with high speed for run app smoth .

now i use of QBUS QB07 .

thanks

Guest mihai_mihai
Hi mates :)

Now wich cooked win for OMNIA have high performance with high speed ?

i want to have only a win on my omnia with high speed for run app smoth .

now i use of QBUS QB07 .

thanks

try a ultralite 21889 rom

i prefer pdhee and ryrzy but test and choose

Guest jms2367
try a ultralite 21889 rom

i prefer pdhee and ryrzy but test and choose

+1 on build 21889. i am still currently using P-dhee's lite version for more than on week now. very fast and stable. i am waiting for build 21890 to be released by P_dhee.

Guest corpisa
OCK 23518 M2D

ISSUES (major/minor) i tried to modify the m2d theme and crashed, had to do a hard reset to return as it was before.

hehe.. that´s not an issue of the rom !!! remember to always back up your default theme and settings using M2DC before start putting new ones, you would have avoided the hard reset :)

slds,

Guest Nicklashidegard
nick made a rom based on the latest com2 build, 21891. you may want to check it out.

http://www.4shared.com/file/214300474/b472...03-02-2010.html

Although this rom's not tested properly yet so please make sure to report any bugs/issues please (in my thread ;)) Thank you all for the comments. All feedback is appreciated (good or bad)

Guest chandanbs

OCK 25001 M2D

STABILITY 9 *because of the M2D flakiness, sometimes it didnt even allow me to run 2 apps simultaneously.

SPEED 10 *

RESPONSIVENESS 10

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY 10

COOKED APPS 9 - music and photo tabs are not integrated, also pshutxp not there.. altho no big deal if we can still install via XDA_UC

DESIGN 10 - Here i should say Ocks Customization is the most beautiful of all WM 6.5 Omnia ROMs at the moment (imho).

Next to test Nick's 23102 Classic ROM.. ;)

Guest Columby

Tried P_Dhee's 23620 beta2 ExtraLite ROM. Here are my impressions:

STABILITY: 3 (see issues below plus several freezes plus couple of programs worked unstable). Possibly I was to hard with this rating since most apps work ok, but the issues are with calls handling and I may be old-fashioned, but I trust phone is mostly for making/receiving calls. ;)

SPEED: 9 (very good, room for improvement is mostly theoretical)

RESPONSIVENESS: 9 (very good, room for improvement is mostly theoretical)

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 8 (I would expect more from an ExtraLite)

COOKED APPS: 9 (mixed feelings here - I would expect less cooked apps in an ExtraLite ROM, at the same time I really used almost all the apps which were cooked, so the selection is very good). As usual, don't know how to rate ultra/extralite ROMs in this section

DESIGN: 10 (really great!)

ISSUES (major/minor): I've had major issues with the phone apps/calls handling. I would've said it's a phone part if I haven't been using my phone part for many months already. I would've said it's operator issues if it was not for 4 days and if other people nearby were not using their phones with the same operator without any issues. So most likely it's an incompatibility of this ROM with my phone part (BUHJ1).

Issues were as follows:

- sometimes there was no ring at all while people called me

- sometimes people who called me received a "phone is out of coverage" message while I was in a coverage area and my phone showed full connection.

- sometimes I received the call but it took up to 10 secs for the phone to get the caller ID instead of the "unknown number"

- in addition to all above there were several issues with PocketShield performance - again the build and the cab which I used in several other ROMs without any issues.

And answering unasked questions: :D yes, I've made a ritual dance with changing the operator settings, and yes, I tried hard resets with the same result.

Due to all the issues above I flashed to Ryrzy's 28002 Lite, just because its m2d version is number 1 here. So you see, this topic really works! :( And I'm happy with this ROM so far (3 days). I'll wait/test for another couple of days and will write my rating review for it.

Guest jms2367

nick's 21891 classic lite rom:

http://www.4shared.com/file/214300474/b472...03-02-2010.html

Stability: 9 (had a couple of soft resets due to conflicts with file explorer extension 2.06 when sending mms. solved when this was uninstalled).

Speed: 8 (SKtools benchmark at 266)

Responsiveness: 10 (very good responsiveness)

Free program memory: 9 (ram around 55 after installing a couple of apps. this drops to around to 49 to 50 after a couple of hours).

Cooked apps: 8 (there is no way to change the settings of showcase to close programs by tapping the "X" button. have to reinstall showcase to enable this. other apps are useful enough. There are two identical tsk theme files named hide19 and hide19 21891)

Design: 7 (mixed feelings with the new icons as this is not fully implemented in all places. A couple of big icons turns out blurry).

issues: htc task manager's curtain in the right corner disappears after some time so i have to uninstall this and use showcase instead. with file explorer extension 2.06, sending mms from file explorer freezes the phone.

Edited by jms2367

Guest Columby

After playing around with Ryrzy's 28002 Lite ROM for about a week I'm ready to post my rating of it.

STABILITY: 10 (soft resets only when I WANT this, not when I HAVE TO)

SPEED: 9 (very good, room for improvement is mostly theoretical). SKTools Integer: 263 without external power and with lots of apps installed.

RESPONSIVENESS: 9 (very good, room for improvement is mostly theoretical)

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 9 (would prefer more, but after all it's a Lite, not an UltraLite)

COOKED APPS: 9 (Would prefer this without games and Office but again it's not and Extra/UltraLite. Though there were some things missing, like SmartLock and some registry editor As usual, don't know how to rate lite ROMs in this section)

DESIGN: 9 (good looking, though to my taste the Today background is rather dull)

ISSUES (major/minor): None so far.

Everything is pretty stable and fast. I think I'll be staying with this ROM until either Microsoft introduces some significant improvements in one of the future WM builds or I decide to switch back to Start-at-the-top builds (since I use several apps which are not too friendly with the bottom Start interface).

Guest jms2367

p_dhee's 21891 lite rom:

Stability: 10 very stable.

Speed: 10 (SKtools benchmark at 304 to 312)

Responsiveness: 10 (very good responsiveness)

Free program memory: after reset ram around 60. lowest even after a day is 53.

Cooked apps: 9 (there are some apps that i do not need)

Design: 9: replaced the startup and shut down gifs with the default samsung ani_on and off gifs. Too flashy for my taste but they are nice nonetheless.

issue: streaming player does not work

Guest shokka9
hi guys!

i don't know about u but i think that the chefs here are making very simillar roms, and i think they don't change the roms very much, most of times only the WM build changes. don't get me wrong, i love the roms here(!), but i think it would be better if chefs work on improving their roms (for ex change all the low res icons we see in some roms, set omnialite apps except the phone skin as default, and other things that could turn their roms more "personal") instead of just changing the rom build. i don't know if any chef reads this topic but if you guys agree with me please spread the "word" :D

cya

Sounds like you miss me :D

It's hard trying to make nice ROMs but its worth it.

Catch u later

After flashing my omnia for about 5 times in 2 months, it always happend I found either a bug, either the rom was slow, always something. Itried PDhee, Nick, cruddasj - the roms were not bad, but just had some annoyances.

But 2 weeks ago I tried steff195's 28223 classic build. Best one so far, I'm really satisfied so I can finally stop flashing the phone. It really offers a great compromise between functionality and performance.

Great job and thanks to all cooks for their efforts.

Guest jmsmartins
Sounds like you miss me :D

It's hard trying to make nice ROMs but its worth it.

Catch u later

Hi shokka9! it's a great honnor to see u here bro :lol:

yes, we miss u and your unique roms. u are a costumization MASTER and your roms... just work! no bugs or somth like that and allways good looking. i recently re-tryed your v23M and it doesn't stay behind these newer roms here. come back shokka9! :D

Guest jms2367
Hi shokka9! it's a great honnor to see u here bro :lol:

yes, we miss u and your unique roms. u are a costumization MASTER and your roms... just work! no bugs or somth like that and allways good looking. i recently re-tryed your v23M and it doesn't stay behind these newer roms here. come back shokka9! :D

+1. hope you will come back shokka. :D