(21/1) 6.5 and 6.1 ROM RANKING - With LINKS!!

Guest jmsmartins

Guest rreedde
After playing around with Ryrzy's 28002 Lite ROM for about a week I'm ready to post my rating of it.

STABILITY: 10 (soft resets only when I WANT this, not when I HAVE TO)

SPEED: 9 (very good, room for improvement is mostly theoretical). SKTools Integer: 263 without external power and with lots of apps installed.

RESPONSIVENESS: 9 (very good, room for improvement is mostly theoretical)

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 9 (would prefer more, but after all it's a Lite, not an UltraLite)

COOKED APPS: 9 (Would prefer this without games and Office but again it's not and Extra/UltraLite. Though there were some things missing, like SmartLock and some registry editor As usual, don't know how to rate lite ROMs in this section)

DESIGN: 9 (good looking, though to my taste the Today background is rather dull)

ISSUES (major/minor): None so far.

Everything is pretty stable and fast. I think I'll be staying with this ROM until either Microsoft introduces some significant improvements in one of the future WM builds or I decide to switch back to Start-at-the-top builds (since I use several apps which are not too friendly with the bottom Start interface).

how about wifi usage?

are u able to use wifi on the rom?

i don't seem to be able to use it.

Guest jms2367

ock's 21889 UL rom:

Stability: 10 (very stable!)

Speed: 10 (SKtool benchmark at 303)

Responsiveness: 10 (very good responsiveness)

Free program memory: 10 (ram around 60 after installing a couple of apps. this drops to around to 54 to 56 after a couple of hours).

Cooked apps: 8 (This is UL after all. Just wished that Showcase was removed so that user can add whatever task manager he/she wants to install).

Design: 9 (nothing new. the usual titanium w/ no skinning. however this is a UL rom anyway)

issue: i haven't figured out a way to make streaming player work. i don't know if this is related to the phone part i am using which is still the official DXIA2 for my region.

Guest jmsmartins
Jmsmartin can you update first post to see which rom is on first place ... Tnx

sorry ui will try to update tonight but since there weren't much comments after the last update it should be ryrzy's 28002 still on the top.

catch u guys later

Guest Alien-Tech

ock's 22004 UL rom:

Stability: 10 (very stable!)

Speed: 10

Responsiveness: 10 (very good responsiveness)

Free program memory: 10 (ram around 50 after installing a couple of cabs including spb+naong).

Cooked apps: 7 (I wish some things gone and some add - but that depends on a user).

Design: 8 (nothing new. the usual titanium with win7 skinning. However this is a UL rom anyway, USB icon issue)

Guest jmsmartins
suggestion, why don't you add a voting/poll ?

what does everyone think about this??

i thought to create a poll but the thing is that every vote has the same value.. for example, you can vote now for rom "x" and tommorow for rom "y" and we will not know nothing about them. the purpose of ratings is to find good roms but also bugs in not-so-good ones. but if everyone want's i can start a poll as well

thanks for your suggestion :(

Guest Columby

Ryrzy 28002

how about wifi usage?

are u able to use wifi on the rom?

i don't seem to be able to use it.

Works fine with me. I don't use it too much/too long, but for syncing email and updating weather works perfect.

Guest vince1970
what does everyone think about this??

i thought to create a poll but the thing is that every vote has the same value.. for example, you can vote now for rom "x" and tommorow for rom "y" and we will not know nothing about them. the purpose of ratings is to find good roms but also bugs in not-so-good ones. but if everyone want's i can start a poll as well

thanks for your suggestion :(

too late mate. someone took the idea and started it.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...rformance-test/

You are perfectly right and I do switch between 23* and 28* as they are my favourite built with M2Dv2 (given me all the information i need in the Home page).

I adapt to the big button at the bottom left now and always use it to launch my shortcuts.

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Well, lads, since I've bought my OMNIA (last July), I think I've "flashed" OVER 60 roms, at least!!! Both, 6.5s & 6.1s... Since October, I have that Khurachai "hacked" WM6.1 from OMNIA II to i900, which I found it very-very good, in general:

Khuanchai WM6.1 DXIF1 21001 (from OMNIA II)

STABILITY.......................... 10

SPEED................................. 10

RESPONSIVENESS............... 9

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY.... 8

COOKED APPS..................... 6

DESIGN................................ 4

ISSUES (major/minor)

Well, the ROM seems very-very good, stable & fast. Of course, some extra "touch" needed... My major objection of this ROM is the AWFUL, TERRIBLE design!!! Our famous asian "cooker" don't care about the "visual" part of his ROMs and especially in this ROM, he did... "his best" for us to... hate it! He left that terrible "golden" official Samsung taskbar, "combined" with a... dark-blue marine color for background and... BLACK TEXT for the screen (you can't see anything)!!!... Of course, few minutes later (with your own "touch") and things are better.

Also, the "cooked apps" are nothing special, really. I wouldn't like to have them, nothing's so "cool" enough or nothing can't be replaced by a better one. So, I don't really care about the "pre-installed" apps.

The 1% battery indicator really sucks. You can never be able to figure out HOW MUCH MORE battery you have! You playing with your phone for a while and battery is still "full-bar"... After a while, the battery drops to 95%... After 1 hr, you are in 80%... After 3 hrs and a couple soft-resets you are BACK (lol!) to 93%!!!... Sometimes, you're "stucked" in 20% for 1 1/2 day (!!!) and withouth warning, the phone goes to "sleep". The battery life is great (over 5-6 days with simple use), but the 1% indicator is awful!

And about memory, everything are fine... but sometimes the indicator shows 2-3% more WITHOUT doing anything, after a while it drops, then it's getting "up" again... and so on. But, NOT MORE than 30-32% with plenty apps installed.

Anyway... Are there any suggestions for me, to change my ROM with something new? I don't mind about 6.5s, but I WANT them STABLE without problems... I don't mind to suggest me 6.1.

My priorities:

1) BATTERY LIFE

2) STABILITY

3) SPEED

4) RESPONSIVENESS

5) DESIGN

6) FREE MEMORY

7) COOKED APPS

So, my major priority is battery life! I want my phone to staying "ready" as much as possible days can be... Also, stability/speed/responsiveness are top priorities... I like the ROM to has a good design, but if that can't be "together" with the first priorities, it's not too important - I can work myself to make it "better looking"... The free memory is not too important, 'cause I don't installing & don't using TOO MANY programs... That's why, I care not at all for the "cooked apps" pre-installed! In most of the ROMs I've tryied, I didn't care for the 80-90% of the apps - and I've collected myself over 7GBs of apps, these that I personal like, so I preffer to installing myself whatever I like. OF COURSE, I like pre-installed TWEAKS & "goodies"!!! But not general programs...

If you please, gimme your suggestions. (I was using, mostly, SECTOR & SHOKKA9's ROMS, very good "cookers" too)!

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest X-pro
Well, lads, since I've bought my OMNIA (last July), I think I've "flashed" OVER 60 roms, at least!!! Both, 6.5s & 6.1s... Since October, I have that Khurachai "hacked" WM6.1 from OMNIA II to i900, which I found it very-very good, in general:

Khuanchai WM6.1 DXIF1 21001 (from OMNIA II)

STABILITY.......................... 10

SPEED................................. 10

RESPONSIVENESS............... 9

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY.... 8

COOKED APPS..................... 6

DESIGN................................ 4

ISSUES (major/minor)

Well, the ROM seems very-very good, stable & fast. Of course, some extra "touch" needed... My major objection of this ROM is the AWFUL, TERRIBLE design!!! Our famous asian "cooker" don't care about the "visual" part of his ROMs and especially in this ROM, he did... "his best" for us to... hate it! He left that terrible "golden" official Samsung taskbar, "combined" with a... dark-blue marine color for background and... BLACK TEXT for the screen (you can't see anything)!!!... Of course, few minutes later (with your own "touch") and things are better.

Also, the "cooked apps" are nothing special, really. I wouldn't like to have them, nothing's so "cool" enough or nothing can't be replaced by a better one. So, I don't really care about the "pre-installed" apps.

The 1% battery indicator really sucks. You can never be able to figure out HOW MUCH MORE battery you have! You playing with your phone for a while and battery is still "full-bar"... After a while, the battery drops to 95%... After 1 hr, you are in 80%... After 3 hrs and a couple soft-resets you are BACK (lol!) to 93%!!!... Sometimes, you're "stucked" in 20% for 1 1/2 day (!!!) and withouth warning, the phone goes to "sleep". The battery life is great (over 5-6 days with simple use), but the 1% indicator is awful!

And about memory, everything are fine... but sometimes the indicator shows 2-3% more WITHOUT doing anything, after a while it drops, then it's getting "up" again... and so on. But, NOT MORE than 30-32% with plenty apps installed.

Anyway... Are there any suggestions for me, to change my ROM with something new? I don't mind about 6.5s, but I WANT them STABLE without problems... I don't mind to suggest me 6.1.

My priorities:

1) BATTERY LIFE

2) STABILITY

3) SPEED

4) RESPONSIVENESS

5) DESIGN

6) FREE MEMORY

7) COOKED APPS

So, my major priority is battery life! I want my phone to staying "ready" as much as possible days can be... Also, stability/speed/responsiveness are top priorities... I like the ROM to has a good design, but if that can't be "together" with the first priorities, it's not too important - I can work myself to make it "better looking"... The free memory is not too important, 'cause I don't installing & don't using TOO MANY programs... That's why, I care not at all for the "cooked apps" pre-installed! In most of the ROMs I've tryied, I didn't care for the 80-90% of the apps - and I've collected myself over 7GBs of apps, these that I personal like, so I preffer to installing myself whatever I like. OF COURSE, I like pre-installed TWEAKS & "goodies"!!! But not general programs...

If you please, gimme your suggestions. (I was using, mostly, SECTOR & SHOKKA9's ROMS, very good "cookers" too)!

Did you ever try ock's 21889 ? one of the best I ever tried. Offcourse with a hard reset after first install and sk tools to make menu's bigger, but overall left me with a good impression. Just don't like the "x" in the top of the screen. The only thing I didn't test was compatibility with other programs. All basic things did work but as i have found out. No omnia is the same or at least I suspect that reading the forums.

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Did you ever try ock's 21889 ? one of the best I ever tried. Offcourse with a hard reset after first install and sk tools to make menu's bigger, but overall left me with a good impression. Just don't like the "x" in the top of the screen. The only thing I didn't test was compatibility with other programs. All basic things did work but as i have found out. No omnia is the same or at least I suspect that reading the forums.

I'm testing it NOW...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jms2367

Let's revive this thread. I wonder where all the others have gone to? Got themselves new phones? Can't blame them, thinking of jumping ship to Android in the near future. :)

Anyway, I am currently using pdhee's 21893 lite rom.

STABILITY: 10 very stable. no need to reset unless i want to.

SPEED: 10 very fast from user experience. didn't bench marked it though using sktools.

RESPONSIVENESS: 10 so far very good responsiveness

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 7 well after using the stock rom for two weeks, i guess the DXIA5 memory management is far better than the cooked roms. I get a low of 52Mb free RAM after more than a day of usage in the stock rom and that's with the dialer activated and the Samsung Today2 as UI and no running background app. For this rom, i get also a low of 52 and even 51 Mb with the Today2 UI but with the dialer skin disabled.

COOKED APPS: 8 this is a lite rom after all. but i wish at leat Nodata had been cooked in and the other stuff like fav hackings are removed among others.

DESIGN: 8 very same old design wise with no customizations on the icon set, etc.

Guest X-pro
Let's revive this thread. I wonder where all the others have gone to? Got themselves new phones? Can't blame them, thinking of jumping ship to Android in the near future. ;)

Anyway, I am currently using pdhee's 21893 lite rom.

SPEED: 10 very fast from user experience. didn't bench marked it though using sktools.

RESPONSIVENESS: 10 so far very good responsiveness

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 7 well after using the stock rom for two weeks, i guess the DXIA5 memory management is far better than the cooked roms. I get a low of 52Mb free RAM after more than a day of usage in the stock rom and that's with the dialer activated and the Samsung Today2 as UI and no running background app. For this rom, i get also a low of 52 and even 51 Mb with the Today2 UI but with the dialer skin disabled.

COOKED APPS: 8 this is a lite rom after all. but i wish at leat Nodata had been cooked in and the other stuff like fav hackings are removed among others.

DESIGN: 8 very same old design wise with no customizations on the icon set, etc.

hehe we are still here but not a lot to write about :) Of all the new builds ock's 23545 is the one coming close to be something useful for me. Tried Nicklashidegard for awhile but need the core speed of ock's roms. Nicklashidegard's rom's are really good rom's with very very nice graphics. They are a bit slow but they are stable and is the best rom's for newbies" with newbies I mean people who just want to flash and then everything should work". Of course all cooks can have problems but for me his rom's just worked the first time I flashed. P_dhee's rom's I don't use, can't get the mms to work with his rom's.

I don't use the "score board" because it's useless with users giving so high scores that you can't compare the rom's. ex 28002 is a good rom but there are rom's that are more responsive and faster than the 28002. What is still good about the 28002 is that is was made by a very good chef ( ryrzy ) ,it didn't come with all kind of errors and it was stable.

Guest barbs666

I have TARILS DXIA5 wm6.1 rom, changed phone part recently to PJUA1 (Original was DXIA5).

SPEED: 8.5

RESPONSIVENESS: 9+

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: total 96, but after all the etras's i have put on it it has 46mb, thats with the standard dialer.

COOKED APPS: mostly almost original, with the dumb stuff removed

DESIGN: 9+ standard wm design, just with better speed, resposiveness, memory.

Battery: very good. 3days easy with moderate use. I interaced this rom with m2d 18b and seems to go well together.

Does anyone want to make a lite version of Tarils rom..... ?????

Guest jms2367
hehe we are still here but not a lot to write about :) Of all the new builds ock's 23545 is the one coming close to be something useful for me. Tried Nicklashidegard for awhile but need the core speed of ock's roms. Nicklashidegard's rom's are really good rom's with very very nice graphics. They are a bit slow but they are stable and is the best rom's for newbies" with newbies I mean people who just want to flash and then everything should work". Of course all cooks can have problems but for me his rom's just worked the first time I flashed. P_dhee's rom's I don't use, can't get the mms to work with his rom's.

I don't use the "score board" because it's useless with users giving so high scores that you can't compare the rom's. ex 28002 is a good rom but there are rom's that are more responsive and faster than the 28002. What is still good about the 28002 is that is was made by a very good chef ( ryrzy ) ,it didn't come with all kind of errors and it was stable.

nice to see you guys again at the forum. i have to agree that nothing much has changed lately. i've been on com2 builds for sometime and it seems there is not much difference since build 21889.

mms is working fine for me in both ock's and pdhee's com2 builds btw.

Guest X-pro
nice to see you guys again at the forum. i have to agree that nothing much has changed lately. i've been on com2 builds for sometime and it seems there is not much difference since build 21889.

mms is working fine for me in both ock's and pdhee's com2 builds btw.

Really don't know what's going on with my mms problem, tried everything in the book, but no luck. Don't know if the nordic mms servers has something different to them. Tried another rom from pdamobiz and same result. The only thing that I can see is that he is using 1.6.4 ver to flash and other cook's are using 1.6.6 but don't know if that has anything to do with my problem. With steff, nick, shokka, sector, paul, khuanchai and ock I never had any problems with mms that couldn't be fixed. I guess I have a strange phone or strange settings with my provider. Tried, operator 30 sek, playing with network settings, some mms fix from xda so all out of ideas ;) The phone connects fine to mms network, send is fine, receive is "fine". When I open the mms it isn't downloaded. When I choose to download, it connects and tells me " could not save" But anyway nice that it works for you :P Just wish it did for me to :)

Guest Nicklashidegard
Really don't know what's going on with my mms problem, tried everything in the book, but no luck. Don't know if the nordic mms servers has something different to them. Tried another rom from pdamobiz and same result. The only thing that I can see is that he is using 1.6.4 ver to flash and other cook's are using 1.6.6 but don't know if that has anything to do with my problem. With steff, nick, shokka, sector, paul, khuanchai and ock I never had any problems with mms that couldn't be fixed. I guess I have a strange phone or strange settings with my provider. Tried, operator 30 sek, playing with network settings, some mms fix from xda so all out of ideas ;) The phone connects fine to mms network, send is fine, receive is "fine". When I open the mms it isn't downloaded. When I choose to download, it connects and tells me " could not save" But anyway nice that it works for you :P Just wish it did for me to :)

Did you try ADC?? Normally works 100% ;)

ADC.cab

Guest X-pro
Did you try ADC?? Normally works 100% :P

Sry forgot to mention, yes I tried that to :) But thanks nick.

Of course I could use another rom but just bugs me that I can't figure out what's wrong ;)

Guest jmsmartins

hi guys...

just bricked my omnia yesterday. trying to flash ock's latest release but forgot to "un-plug" my printer from the other USB. after eboot download it never restarted, no more "SAMSUNG OMNIA" screen, only that red light on top turns on... tryed some tips from the forum but none of them worked, even that win-control thing. it´s still under warranty and i'm sending it to samsung to see if i get any luck (hope so :P). if i don't, and if the repair is too expensive i'll probably move into another device. if i will, i'll miss the forum and i'll miss U all. i'm still around seeing how things are going

cheers

Guest cruddasj
hi guys...

just bricked my omnia yesterday. trying to flash ock's latest release but forgot to "un-plug" my printer from the other USB. after eboot download it never restarted, no more "SAMSUNG OMNIA" screen, only that red light on top turns on... tryed some tips from the forum but none of them worked, even that win-control thing. it´s still under warranty and i'm sending it to samsung to see if i get any luck (hope so :P). if i don't, and if the repair is too expensive i'll probably move into another device. if i will, i'll miss the forum and i'll miss U all. i'm still around seeing how things are going

cheers

Hey man, sorry to hear :| Hope it can be repaired! If however, you do end up moving on device wise, PM me your MSN addy or something, let me know how the new device is going etc :(

hi guys...

cheers

Sorry about the news. Hope you get it fixed.

Good luck and let us know how you go with samsung

Guest jmsmartins

@cruddasj: if i'll move onto a new device i'm thinking of hts magic or hero, or samsung galaxy (three android devices). i don't wish to spend a lot of €€€ :P

@Sb.: thanks bro, i'm still here reading new posts and helping as much as i can

Guest jms2367
hi guys...

cheers

sorry to hear that. hope samsung will honor your warranty.

i think if ever you will move to a new device esp android, the htc magic or hero will be a better choice vs the samsung galaxy or galaxy spica because they have bigger ram (the galaxy and galaxy spica both only have 128Mb of ram)

Guest jmsmartins
sorry to hear that. hope samsung will honor your warranty.

i think if ever you will move to a new device esp android, the htc magic or hero will be a better choice vs the samsung galaxy or galaxy spica because they have bigger ram (the galaxy and galaxy spica both only have 128Mb of ram)

hi jms, thanks for your suggestion! i didn't notice that samsung galaxy had only 128Mb Ram. it will be hero or magic, if i ever move to android.

i really hope samsung saves my day..

cheers