(21/1) 6.5 and 6.1 ROM RANKING - With LINKS!!

Guest jmsmartins

Guest sudkcoce

+1 on reverting back to 6.1 roms.

6.5.x use way too much memory and are slow and unstable. period. The "eye and finger friendliness candy" is just not worth it.

I am on QBus v07 m2d. If anyone has tried this rom and knows a better 6.1 rom, please let me know!

Guest jms2367

i am quite happy with shokka's 20270 lite wm6.1 rom with spb mobile shell. it is sooo fast!

had a try with these roms also

Steff's normal 28205 rom:

STABILITY: 10

SPEED: 9

RESPONSIVENESS: 9 (WM, messages doesn't open that fast in titanium. guess it's a titanium limitation though)

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 10 (decent enough)

COOKED APPS: 8 (some sortcuts to contacts in program had been deleted and i even miss or i just can't find the BT manager in the rom. I can turn the BT though within the rom w/ the wireless manager).

DESIGN: 10

Nicklas' Classic 28014 rom:

RESPOMSIVENESS: 9

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 10 (i get a high of 59 tto 59MB after installing a couple of programs.)

COOKED APPS: 10

DESIGN: 10 (i like the hide17 and m.carrols pure black theme).

Guest zoro61

6.5.x. Custom ROMs by steff195!, 01.01.2010:28205 Normal/M2Dv2

SPEED: 10

RESPONSIVENESS: 10

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 10

DESIGN: 8

Guest taimoor ashraf

Black edition Signature Edition 28205 by JC, Bruno Adler and Mambo04

beauty by STABILITY: 10

RESPOMSIVENESS: 9

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 9

Guest remus66

Nicklashidegard's - FloTanium ROM (M2D + Neo) Build: 23620

SATABILITY 10

SPEED 10

RESPONSIVNESS 10

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY 9

COOKED APPS 10

DESIGN 9

battery very good also

Guest jmsmartins

Hi Guys!

i have not been able to connect myself to internet these last days, so the ratings and rankings are not up to date. big apologize for that!

later today or tomorrow i think i will have the topic updated (it's a lot a posts to manage...)

So, keep posting fellas! i will make a short review as well.

cya

Guest Columby

I'm not a frequent flasher, I used QBUS QB06 Clean 6.1 ROM for ~4 months, than flashed several 6.5 ROMs by Nicklas and Ryrzy and after spending two weeks with 6.5 returned back to 6.1 with Shokka9's SHKvRC.

QBUS QB06 Clean (6.1)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...07-dxid1-qb07m/

STABILITY: 8

RESPONSIVENESS: 8

COOKED APPS: 10 (I use lite ROMs so don't know how to rate here)

ISSUES (major/minor): Since I prefer to use a ROM for long, I didn't like that a soft reset became needed every couple of days after ~1.5 months of usage. Hard reset solved this issue for another ~1 month but still I don't consider this a great stability. That was the reason why I started looking for other options.

Nicklas 28005 Ultralite (6.5)

STABILITY: 9

RESPONSIVENESS: 9

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY: 9

ISSUES (major/minor): Couple of freezes/resets within 1 week of use, but since these were the first days I was playing around with software installation, customization etc, I can't blame ROM for that.

Since I didn't like some of the features (now I know it's 6.5 features, not ROM specific), I decided to try several other 6.5 ROMs. Reviewing only one of these since others were used just for several hours each.

Ryrzy 28002 Lite (6.5)

DESIGN: 9

ISSUES (major/minor): None during 1 day of usage

Shokka9 SHKvRC (20270) Lite (6.1)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...s-wm6-1-g-romz/

STABILITY: 9

SPEED: 9 (SKTools benchmark integer results: 310 while connected to PC, 264 while disconnected)

RESPONSIVENESS: 9

ISSUES (major/minor): 2 freezes during 1 month of usage

Edited by Columby

Guest mihai959

http://www.pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts....;PN=1&TPN=1

STABILITY 10

SPEED 10

RESPONSIVENESS 10

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY 9.5

COOKD APP 10

DESIGN 9

some instability issues using sms got back 6.5_Khuanchai_Omnia_UltraLite_21928_PP12.EXE i used for some months and worked incredible

phon_ex 2.2

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=90739

Edited by mihai959

Ok this thread might give people a hint on what to download but wouldn't it by a little bit better also to use a benchmark tool, f.ex sktools benchmark ?? I think everyone has ther own opinion on what is fast and a benchmark might be a little bit more neutral :)

Guest jms2367
Ok this thread might give people a hint on what to download but wouldn't it by a little bit better also to use a benchmark tool, f.ex sktools benchmark ?? I think everyone has ther own opinion on what is fast and a benchmark might be a little bit more neutral :)

+1

Dheewatara-s Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Build 21888 and 21889 Semi Lite the best.

Edited by cga

OCK

Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Build 21889 Semi Lite the best.

A fantastic battery life

Nice boot up wav sound and screen alignment

Guest Talishte
OCK

Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Build 21889 Semi Lite the best.

A fantastic battery life

Nice boot up wav sound and screen alignment

which one is better in your opinion? pdhee's or ock's. Im using pdhees and I like it a lot but battery life aint very good, how is scrollling on ocks's?

T.

Hmm started thinking, might be dangerous :) If rom's are rated 10 in all catagories why make new builds and new rom's ??? 10 must meen that builds can't get any better !!!!

f.ex 28002 was clearly better than 28014 and still people give 9 and 10 for 28014. Why not take the 28002 and give it a 6 and work up or down from there :)

which one is better in your opinion? pdhee's or ock's. Im using pdhees and I like it a lot but battery life aint very good, how is scrollling on ocks's?

T.

I have always used Pdhee ROMs, I find them very fast. Then now and then I have been trying all other different roms

One of the best things of OCK ROM is the scrolling even through the small menu scroll bars, the battery life seem to be very good but to be honest the two of them are excellent

Pdhee and OCK are both very good cooks and they are doing the best to bring these roms to us, otherwise we would still be with wm 6.1 because Samsung doesn't care whether we have 6.1 or 6.5 rom

Edited by cga

Hmm started thinking, might be dangerous :) If rom's are rated 10 in all catagories why make new builds and new rom's ??? 10 must meen that builds can't get any better !!!!

f.ex 28002 was clearly better than 28014 and still people give 9 and 10 for 28014. Why not take the 28002 and give it a 6 and work up or down from there :)

To answer your question

why make new builds and new rom's ??

Because these roms are still beta, they are not official releases

Guest Talishte

X-pro, remember this is personal appreciation, there can be someone who gets into trouble installing something with a particular rom and because of that give it a poor score base on his experience but it´s also good to know before flashing that someone think a particular rom is so good.

T.

X-pro, remember this is personal appreciation, there can be someone who gets into trouble installing something with a particular rom and because of that give it a poor score base on his experience but it´s also good to know before flashing that someone think a particular rom is so good.

T.

Don't get me wrong, I've think it's a great idea with this tread and the more people use it the better. But still if you don't get more specific details, like a benchmark or something like that, why should people use this tread ? Then they just need a link to rom builders !! In their treads all the problems users had is posted. I know I sound a bit negative but I'am not :) just hope that the tread could improve and be an actual guide to others.

Guest Columby
But still if you don't get more specific details, like a benchmark or something like that, why should people use this tread ?

I totally agree with X-pro. Each of us has their own degree of positive attitude and measure of what's good enough. :) So we see rankings of ROMs with all 9's and comment that it's a perfect ROM and all works fine, as well as we see all 10's just after first hour of ROM usage. There's no way to compare this. As well as subjective scores like pre-installed soft: some people like it clean and empty and put 10 for an ultralight while others prefer to have som pre-installed soft and put 10 for a good package. We really need to put some general approach to this ranking, even if it were something very subjective as well (i.e. 10 speed is if after several days of usage you never cried out "WTF, will you be working or not?!" :)))

And again for software I would suggest 1 for an absolutely ultralight and 10 for a very full pack, and just let people decide what they personally want from this section.

For speed benchmarking (on a just installed ROM) should be sufficient.

For stability my personal oppinion is that it can be measured only after several days (preferrably weeks) of usage. And each stability issue should be documented in the issues section so that people can understand the ranking better.

Ryrzy 28205 lite

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...-i900-by-ryrzy/

STABILITY : 8

SPEED : 263 "average over 3 runs with sktools benchmark (integer)"

RESPONSIVENESS : 8 " like the 28002 rom"

FREE PROGRAM MEMORY : 8

COOKED APPS : 1 " lite version"

DESIGN : 7 " missing the big scrollbars"

ISSUES (major/minor) : Found none

Battery : Good " 4-5 days with low use"

Installed : 8/1 2010

Initiative : " could maybe be used to rate new things like another shell than m2d or something that is different from others cooks. f.ex steff doesn't use pako's camera fix

because it colors white(snow) with a pink glare." Just a sugestion :)

This is one of the best rom's i've tried so far and ryrzy is clearly my preferred cook :)

Sktools info here :) http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...e/#entry1126735

Edited by X-pro